As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sims 3 Showtime Designs

wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Artist's Corner
Yay finally got permission to upload a few of the designs I did. Holding out on uploading my Katy Perry designs till those are ok.
http://thesims.com/katyperry
girl1.jpg
guy.jpg
girl2.jpg
male_singer.jpg
backdrop paintings
prop1.jpg
prop2.jpg
prop3.jpg

wakkawa on

• NicNic Registered User regular
    This is some inspiring shit, Wakka, let me be the first to say that. Inspiring-ass shit.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    It's kind of crazy that I would see this type of art in a Sims game. This feels like it'd be more at home in Devil May Cry :)

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    damn you wak, you made the sims look cool. that takes some crazy talent.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Haha thanks guys. These are some of the more rendered pieces. I have hundreds of others where they were like "You have 2 hours, paint a dozenn objects"

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    How does it feel to be in the big leagues?

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Like I said on the Phacebook....these are awesome, especially the sea environment (do more environments!!!).

Nice stuff overall, though. That gothic stuff is fun, too :)

NightDragon on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    These are all super cool! Glad to see you're finally making some cash-dollas with your skills.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I have hundreds of others where they were like "You have 2 hours, paint a dozenn objects"

D: Eep!

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I do enjoy the cash dollars.

I have a ton more environmental stuff for the next expansion. LIke full out enviro paintings, but those are going to have to wait till I think October. Seriously the Dev cycle on this next pack is only 10 weeks, so I have been doing the pre-pro work along with the production stuff.

A couple buildings I did before I learned sketchup:
    buildings.jpg

• Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    Your drawings are always a pleasure, Mr. awa

• FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    As a fan of the Sims and a fan of your artwork, I really love these and it's great to get to see them. I can't even imagine painting a dozen objects in only 2 hours though

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    i may have to invest in another sims expansion, you jerk :P

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Wakka, you are a force of nature. Your edge control and subtle use of textures is something I strive towards achieving - I really hope we get to more stuff like this soon, especially your environments, goddamn.

kevindee on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    Love the david hockneyesque feel of the top scenery

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wakk!! I'm so excited about this work. Its really nice to see your stuff applied to concept art. I'm sure this is just the start, it looks like you're working hard!

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    my daughter is going to freak out when I show her this thread. (she is a big fan of the Sims, and always asking about new expansions)

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    The best compliment I could give is that I'd buy it.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    It's weird, because I never imagined the Sims to have really compelling concept art

These are obviously really cool. It seems like you're getting to flex your costume-design muscles a bit.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    boy was this (success) a long ass time coming!
    might actually play the sims now.

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Soo good wakk. Grats man.