As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

why are you fat SE++

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    6', 230lb. I'm really unhappy with how I look, but I'm also really lazy. Just need to stop being dumb and get back on the Insanity program I spent so much money on.

I have decided these last 11 cigarettes will be it, then I'll restart when they're gone. Breathing is going to be a bitch all over again at the start.

Oh, just realized Monday will be perfect to start again. That's it! Gonna start keeping up with Fitocracy again too. Maybe this summer I won't feel gross taking off my shirt at the beach.

If you need some motivation, don't hesitate to PM me.

I quit tobacco on a whim around half a year ago and can offer inspiration.

Nothing. Matters.
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I've found the best motivation is "I have no cigarettes. Guess I won't smoke!"

Other great motivators include: "*GASP GASP GASP* This *gasp* workout *gasp* is *gasp* too hard!", "You smell like cigarettes", and "Man, I shouldn't be spending all this money for these."

Also, thanks for offering!

godmode on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    6', 230lb. I'm really unhappy with how I look

You shouldn't be!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    6', 230lb. I'm really unhappy with how I look, but I'm also really lazy. Just need to stop being dumb and get back on the Insanity program I spent so much money on.

I have decided these last 11 cigarettes will be it, then I'll restart when they're gone. Breathing is going to be a bitch all over again at the start.

Oh, just realized Monday will be perfect to start again. That's it! Gonna start keeping up with Fitocracy again too. Maybe this summer I won't feel gross taking off my shirt at the beach.

Last 11?

Crush 'em and bin 'em. Start now, man. Why wait?

Last 11?

Crush 'em and bin 'em. Start now, man. Why wait?

Naaah, gotta ween or I'll get the headaches. I've got 10 left right now (had one while waiting on the puppy to take care of her business). So it's 8 AM now. I'll have 1 when I wake up and take the puppy out again, 1 after dinner, 1 at around 1AM tomorrow at work, another at 3, then repeat until finished. Structure and planning are key!

Keith wrote:
    6', 230lb. I'm really unhappy with how I look

You shouldn't be!

While I appreciate the sentiment, I still have my Marine Corps photos where I was 176-190 lbs. And while I didn't appreciate how great I looked then, I miss those weights now. A lot. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This evening I ate a whole thin crust pizza to myself and followed it with 2 beers, 2 sodas and half a pint of rum.

I am a monster!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiv1UP-oHvs

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i lost a lot of weight after i cut out soda and chocolate from my diet

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    did you know ethanol has more calories per gram than pure sugar?

what I'm saying is you need to lay off the 200-proof liquor every day

thenews.jpg
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Proof is a fucking stupid way of measuring alcohol.

Percent by volume makes sense, but then you double that number for no reason and call it proof? Dumb.

broken image link
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I know!

but originally, proof was used to measure whether rum was strong enough for sailors to accept it as pay

if you soak gunpowder with water, it will never light, but if you soak it with strong enough alcohol, it will

so 100 proof originally was exactly strong enough that the gunpowder would light after it had been dried (like 55% ABV?)

on the other hand, lolamerica

thenews.jpg
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    About 2 weeks ago I had difficulty doing up the zipper & button on my work pants. They were so tight around my waist that I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to tuck my shirt in. I immediately went to the bathroom scale and got on. Oops, I did it again! Over 200 pounds, all of it belly and chesticles.

Went cold turkey right then from all forms of caffeine, refused to eat any snacks at all during my work day. Cut my breakfast down to a simple half-bowl of Shreddies, eliminated lunch, and reduced my dinner portions. Only milk (on my cereal) and water allowed for drinking. Went back to the gym and started my cardio routine at half the resistance level I was at when I stopped going last summer.

This morning I am at 189 pounds. My current target is for 180 pounds, which is a weight I have not been at in about 7 years. The best I could do last year when going tot he gym was about 195 pounds. Interestingly, in August of last year I dropped down to 184 pounds after moving into my new house. Packing all those boxes up the stairs from my apartment's storage locker, putting them into my car, driving 10 minutes to my house, unloading the boxes and moving them downstairs into the basement was a hell of a workout. I spent about 5 hours a day for almost a week doing it. After every run I'd take a break to recover and cool down with a jumbo-sized freezie and a coke. My jeans were trying to fall down, even with my belt on.

Anyways, once I hit 180 pounds I will allow myself to have caffeine and snacks. I might keep going with the fat burn, as my ultimate goal is to get my stomach to be flat and in line with the rest of my torso.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    losing 10 pounds it two weeks is

pretty unhealthy dude

How so?

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Well, dropping a lot of wait too quickly can have a number of adverse effects on nutrition and metabolism and all that. And I'd be wary of skipping meals to lose wait. I haven't made a sincere effort at exercising in a year or two though, and there are threads for weight lifting and weight loss and all that where folks could give you more solid advice than I could.

That said, doing 10 lbs in 2 weeks probably ain't a big deal, mostly water weight I suspect, but I wouldn't aim for doing the next 10 as quickly. I'm generally wary of weight as primary metric of fitness anyway.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    At one point when I was in the army, right after finishing all my training and everything and just getting to my first post assignment, I was about 225, at 6'2", and was so much muscle.

Now? about 350. Not so much muscle.

I really want to start exercising again, but...well, frankly, I use the fact that it would be almost impossible for me to change my diet in a meaningful way, so the exercise wouldn't really accomplish much as far as improving my looks.

So fuck it, since it's not going to give me any sort of instant gratification, why do it?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Yeah, that is an amazing success, DudBolt!

Also someone said something about their own weight the other day that I realise was also my problem: I spent so much time as a teen hating my (perfectly average) body and wearing baggy clothes that I didn't really notice when I actually gained the weight. Bah.

oh hey this sounds really familiar to me too

i never really thought about that

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This evening I ate a whole thin crust pizza to myself and followed it with 2 beers, 2 sodas and half a pint of rum.

I am a monster!!!!

SO AWFUL.

PUT ON SOME TIGHTS AND DANCE AROUND RIGHT NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1am3KyYgA

WILL THIS DO!?!?!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    Should I leave?

I'm 5'10" and weigh 120.

Or I'm 1.8m and weigh 54kg. (YES, I'M CULTURALLY AWARE)

goomyisall400.jpg

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    I am fat because I can't stop eating corned beef today. It is everywhere, and delicious.

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I feel like my inevitable loss to male pattern baldness has begun. 27 and my hair is so thin the scalp is quite visible in most lights

I do need a haircut today though, maybe I should tell them to shave it off and be done

Problem is I'm a fat dude and I have not once seen a fat dude look better bald than with at least short hair

:(

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Bellies are awesome

hell yes

o0yUd.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    My metabolism is weird because I am skinny but the vast majority of my family is pretty fat.

But i'm the one who got the depressions.

Also DJ d wreck, why you have to drop out of the Facebook chat

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    5'11", 155
    I'd like to think most of that is muscle but I could lose some fat for sure. Not as big as I was in Japan, though. My host mom made so much food, and I was always snacking. Hit 170 at one point. Been exercising and eating much less in the last nine months.

I'm two inches taller than you, and about 200 pounds. I could stand to lose about 22, and by then I'd actually look pretty good. 33 pounds and I'd be pretty cut, with an 8 pack and shit. Taking into account the height difference, I don't reckon you really need to try and lose fat, instead add a few pounds of muscle, maybe?

Dude, I'm 5'9 and about 205. I am overweight, but I'm not like really fat.

155 and two inches taller than me is thin.

you're very wide

like a dwarf

this is sounding less flattering than it did in my head

basically I'm trying to say you hold your weight well

I understand. I am pretty broad and stocky.

BLM - ACAB
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Bellies are awesome

hell yes

o0yUd.jpg

I'm not sure I know what this is

but I know I want it inside me

• ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    I'm 5'10" and around 81kg.

I'm not really fat. I mean, I do have fat, mainly in the gut area, but I am losing it through working out. However, my weight stays around the same, probably because I am putting on muscle at the same time. Or I have a massive tumor. But I am going with muscle!

If you want to lose weight: Cut pop out of your diet, or limit yourself to ~1 cup/day (an actual 125ml cup). Eat less red meat, replace it with lean protein sources such as fish and poultry. Drastically increase your vegetable portion and limit the amount of starch you eat.

Also, go to the gym at least three times a week. I go five times, because I am actually training and attempting to drastically increase my cardio and weight capacity. If losing fat isn't a good enough motivator: Gaining muscle is fucking awesome. There are few other things that compare to being able to achieve a weight lifting goal you have set. And, unlike video games, when you tell other people about it, they are usually impressed!

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i've been chubby my whole life, ever since i can remember basically.

i'm less chubby now than i used to be, though! i've lost like eighty pounds! :O

Ledneh wrote: »
    I feel like my inevitable loss to male pattern baldness has begun. 27 and my hair is so thin the scalp is quite visible in most lights

I do need a haircut today though, maybe I should tell them to shave it off and be done

Problem is I'm a fat dude and I have not once seen a fat dude look better bald than with at least short hair

:(

I got mine shaved to about 3 weeks ago, took it down to about 1/8". Gonna keep it at 1/4" max. I had the same problem with balding, and it looks pretty good this way.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bellies are awesome

hell yes

o0yUd.jpg

pork belly

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Bellies are awesome

hell yes

o0yUd.jpg

pork belly

okay that makes even more sense now

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I just ran for thirty minutes outside.

It felt good, I have done good.

Now to eat a rib sandwich.

Oh God, I am still a monster...

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    pork is the king of meats.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    pork is the king of meats.

lfYVHTd.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    for some reason i don't really like pork much anymore

sometimes the smell makes me feel sick

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    losing 10 pounds it two weeks is

pretty unhealthy dude

in your first two weeks of working out it's pretty much the norm

i've seen as much as 15 or 20

as annie said, at the beginning you lose a bunch due to water weight

then you end up gaining most of it back and losing weight at like 1 or 2 pounds per week and then people get angry cuz it's not going as fast as it did the first week and they give up

and if they're exercising they might gain a pound or two cuz muscle > fat and they give up

don't give up, goddamnit

lfYVHTd.png
    porkins is the king of meats.

Antimatter wrote: »
    for some reason i don't really like pork much anymore

sometimes the smell makes me feel sick

really the only pork product i can eat anytime all the time every last bite is good carnitas

cuz man

like i like lengua don't get me wrong

even had some tacos de sesos that were pretty good

but i'll go back for carnitas every time

lfYVHTd.png
    my favourite meat is duck

duck is p tasty

sometimes my grandpa kills doves and then we eat the doves

dove wings are good

lfYVHTd.png