As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forum Login Bug]

DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
Seems to be isolated to IE8. But the forum login dialog box that normally appears when you press sign in is hidden by the main view of the forum. I was able to log in by finding the box for my username by moving my mouse over it. When I did that it changed its cursor indicating that there was a text box there. I tested this on two different installations of Internet Explorer on two different computers and had the same issue on both. I can provide screenshots later if you need more details.

The problem cropped up soon after your maint. period was done.

Draygo on

• FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    This happens to me too. It's annoying because I can't find the check box that says to keep me logged in. Now I gotta find the invisible sign-in box and log in every time I come here.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Is this on the actual forum? Or on PAR?

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    actual forum, when you click 'sign in' at the top. Either the top bar or the sign in to the right of the search box.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Alright. Well in the meantime, you can open the sign in link in a new tab or window and its a normal sign-in form. All our popups work like that. But I'll let the windows testers know about this. Damn slackers.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for looking at this, was kinda annoying tonight figuring out what happened.

Assuran on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Alright. Well in the meantime, you can open the sign in link in a new tab or window and its a normal sign-in form. All our popups work like that. But I'll let the windows testers know about this. Damn slackers.

Ooh, I did not know this. Handy workaround!

Agreed, that helps. Thanks.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    This is also happening for me in IE9. It also happens with the Awesome and Report popups.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    This is also happening for me in IE9. It also happens with the Awesome and Report popups.

Just confirming that it's happening for me as well in IE9.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Thirding this for IE9, and a thanks to this thread for helping me get around it.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    Kind of related. I'm getting the same kind of invisible pop-up box when I try to delete conversations in my PM box. I have no idea what's in the pop-up box and no links are active in the browser, so I'm forced to click Back on my browser to get out of it.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm getting the invisible pop-up sign-in box in IE8 as well. The advice on this thread helped me find it, so I'm glad for that.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Same for me.

The way I get around it is to right click the link, and select "open". That seems to always work when left clicking fails.

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Also happening to me. Have to use IE8 by Default at work, but Firefox at home works perfectly.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Happened to me too. I use IE8.

• Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    I am using IE 9 and this is still happening to me everytime.

Still happens to me still IE9

This is fixed in IE9

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Seems to be working, though since I only use IE at work I'll have to wait to completely verify.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Seems to be fixed since the most recent downtime. Thank you