As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Men: Resisting Avengers Oppression For Five Decades

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    She isn't British at all! She was born in Boston!

More fake-British: Emma Frost or Madonna?

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Emma pulls it off better, and Madonna is just insufferable. So ... They are both awful.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Wait

even if Emma was British and upper class

upper class British women don't just walk around in their underwear

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Wait

even if Emma was British and upper class

upper class British women don't just walk around in their underwear

but superheroes do!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    look Emma has style

lingerie is stylish and tube tops aren't, okay

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Brian Wood and David Lopez taking over X-Men
    1332084377.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    None of those characters except psylocke really interest me and I am already reading six x-books so probably give that a miss

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Pixie? Domino? Brian Wood? I'm in.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    What's that about Cthulu on the background?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Domino is a character that I've only read a couple of books that she cameod in and I've never gotten a sense of any personality besides "girl with guns"

• Options
    Domino is a character that I've only read a couple of books that she cameod in and I've never gotten a sense of any personality besides "girl with guns"

Yeah same here

Pixie is somewhat fun

I find Storm kind of dull, especially compared to Ultimate Storm

Psylocke is cool though

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I find Storm kind of dull, especially compared to Ultimate Storm

Funny you mention that, since Brian Wood is also taking over Ultimate X-Men.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular

The only thing I've read with her in it where she displayed the kind of personality you're talking about was X-Force: Sex and Violence and the Deadpool/X-Men crossover that happened a year or so back. When writers pay attention to her and give her some of the spotlight, she's actually a pretty fun character, but she's just relegated to the background or supporting roles so often it almost doesn't matter.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Domino was the one in Cable and Deadpool, right?

She wanted to bone Cable
    I can respect that

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    X-Treme X-Men sums up Marvel's thinking right now. You had a good, nice story arc in Astonishing X-Men dealing with multiverse mutants, and it's worth coming back to, in say a year or two. And now they make it an ongoing with a c-list mutant from our world that will be Exiles junior. I liked Exiles for what it was through Winick and Austen's run, but it kind of ran it's course by the time Bedard took over, and never had the magic since then. Add to it we have more X-Men books now than we did 10 years ago (especially with double ships), there's no real place for the book right now, and it will probably suffer the same fate as the last Exiles book did.

Brian Wood on X-Men still doesn't make the book seem relevant to me, and David Lopez being bumped from New Mutants over to adjectiveless just increases my odds of dropping that book now.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    You are such a negative nellie.

• Options
    Come on Furu, don't be silly. I like quite a bit of the X-stuff post Schism, doesn't mean I can't say what has viability and what doesn't.

• Options
    Seriously

you can't be happy that there is a cool little series coming out that involves a fun take on some characters?

No it has to be THIS IS GOING TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY AND EVERYTHING IS DEPRESSING

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    There's being happy or excited for a new book or concept, and then there's realizing a concept needs more than just a four issue arc in the third or fourth x-men book to actually be viable, otherwise you run the chance of losing it completely. Save the overreaction and look at the June list for X-Men books, and this is just after we've had a cull of a few titles:

Uncanny X-Men
    Wolverine and the X-Men
    X-Men
    New Mutants
    Wolverine
    X-Factor
    Uncanny X-Force
    X-Men Legacy
    Astonishing X-Men

That's 9 books a month in June, half of which will be double shipping. Honestly, is that the best market to put this title out in?

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    so what

If it gets cancelled it gets cancelled. Obviously I don't want that to happen but it's not going to stop me from buying a book I want to.

You know what really hurts books? When people act like they're cancelled before they even begin.

• Options
    I would prefer it have a better chance of making it then just sending it out into a market where it gets ignored, and Marvel take it the wrong way like I could argue they have done with other books. Wait and see for a healthier market, like Marvel has done that for the Dr. Doom mini and the Destroyers mini.

In roughly a year, have Pak and McKone come back and do another four issue arc about these guys (if they don't kill Cyclops in AvX), and see if there is still interest. Then try a mini series or something.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »

You know, I was gonna tell you to shut up, but that's certainly a winged octopus head there all right.

• Options
    Did anyone pick up X-Men Season One? Thoughts?

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular

There's actually a Domino mini-series, by Joe Pruett and Brian Stelfreeze, that's pretty awesome. I'll see if I can dig it up out of my longboxes, and scan some of it.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Did anyone pick up X-Men Season One? Thoughts?

I didn't pick it up, but I've heard it's enjoyable and looks pretty from everyone who has.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I thought Season One was great Tex, I recommend picking it up if you have the chance.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Munch wrote: »

There's actually a Domino mini-series, by Joe Pruett and Brian Stelfreeze, that's pretty awesome. I'll see if I can dig it up out of my longboxes, and scan some of it.

that would be mighty neighborly of you

• Options
    I thought Season One was great Tex, I recommend picking it up if you have the chance.

cool cool cool. I'll put it in my quarterly amazon shopping, as at that price it works. I've seen some stuff that says it pulls a First Class and tells stories on the side to what already happened, which perks my interest more than a retelling.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    McKelvie's Scarlet Witch looks awfully good.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Helloooooooo Wanda!

Oh wait, I already said that

• Options
    SlaughterBeastSlaughterBeast Registered User regular
    Anyone else thinks the X-Men will lose out in AvX? I'm a huge X-Fan and I hate the idea that the X-Men will get jobbed to the Avengers.

The main reason i think this will happen, Marvel owns film rights to Avengers so why not pump them up as much as they can. And they don't for the X-Franchise and probably won't for a long while. I'm probably thinking crazy.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Matev wrote: »

Yeah, this. Seemed like this is a valid question that just sort of slipped by.

Is that meant to be a real Cthulu, or Marvel equivalent? Is there something with Namor going on still? HYDRA? I don't follow X-Men.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Anyone else thinks the X-Men will lose out in AvX? I'm a huge X-Fan and I hate the idea that the X-Men will get jobbed to the Avengers.

The main reason i think this will happen, Marvel owns film rights to Avengers so why not pump them up as much as they can. And they don't for the X-Franchise and probably won't for a long while. I'm probably thinking crazy.

I think the X-Men will ultimately lose in the grander scheme of things (like how Civil War had the losers be the real winners and the winners were nazis, spurred on by Captain America being shot with a time bullet).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    What are they fighting about?

• Options
    Justice!

also truth

• Options
    glithert wrote: »

Something having to do with the phoenix force and Hope, but no specifics yet.

• Options
    edited March 2012

About $3.99 an issue for a summer event combining the Avengers and X-Men for the first time since House of M.

/Children's Crusade, what? Don't know what you're talking about.

Crimsondude on
  • Options

From the AvX #1 preview, it looks like the Phoenix is coming to earth, presumably to find it's host, Hope, the only mutant to be born since M-Day. It seems Captain America wants to get everyone to go destroy it before it arrives and seemingly kills everything. Cyclops, in some off characterization created for this event to create a wedge, wants to harness the Phoenix to bring the x-gene back. And cue the fighting, possibly over the Avengers taking Hope by force, against her will, Cap doesn't like being challenged, etc. We don't know that yet.

And then you have the big elephant in the room that is Scarlet Witch, the lady who literally changed reality and erased mutants because she's crazy, just sitting on the sidelines showing a possible double standard in how the Avengers are taking this stand on Hope and the Phoenix compared to fighting to let Wanda not face punishment by the X-Men.

• Options
    I really don't think Scott wanting to bring back the X-Gene by any means is off characterization

he has been placing mutant interests over the general welfare of the world for years now, and a chance to reignite the mutant race is something he would definitely jump at, especially with the X-Men being more powerful than ever before and in a better position to actually handle the Phoenix

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    X-Sanction ends with:
    Cyclops and co walking off with a half-dead Cable.
    Hope goes all Phoenix and heals Cable of his techno-organic virus. Cable still in coma or something.
    Cable mind-links with Cyclops and point-blank tells him that Hope needs to do what she needs to do or the future is fucking toast. And that means stopping the Avengers from having their way with her.
    Cable: "When was comes with the Avengers-- and it will-- promise me you will do what's necessary. That you'll make the right decisions no matter how hard they might be."
    Cyclops: "I promise."
    Cable: "I will be there for you when you need me, Dad. Sometime soon... in the future..."

I think they're setting up Cyke to be in the right (again) but take the flack for it (again).
    TexiKen wrote: »

From the AvX #1 preview, it looks like the Phoenix is coming to earth, presumably to find it's host, Hope, the only mutant to be born since M-Day. It seems Captain America wants to get everyone to go destroy it before it arrives and seemingly kills everything. Cyclops, in some off characterization created for this event to create a wedge, wants to harness the Phoenix to bring the x-gene back. And cue the fighting, possibly over the Avengers taking Hope by force, against her will, Cap doesn't like being challenged, etc. We don't know that yet.

And then you have the big elephant in the room that is Scarlet Witch, the lady who literally changed reality and erased mutants because she's crazy, just sitting on the sidelines showing a possible double standard in how the Avengers are taking this stand on Hope and the Phoenix compared to fighting to let Wanda not face punishment by the X-Men.

And the Scarlet Witch is completely the double-standard. Luckily, I believe Wanda will be a part of AvX.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.