Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect]: Victory & Commendation Packs out! Mark ALL spoilers or BANSHEES!!

• AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    So about FTL travel:
    Spoiler:

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Glacier's one of the levels that really benefits from having a Vanguard on yoru team. It's easy to break line of sight, so a Vanguard can do a lot of damage and then run like Hell, kiting a lot of enemies away from the body of the team. Between a Vanguard and a couple of Adepts/Engineers, you can usually lock down at least two paths or turn one entrance into a deathtrap.

The computer hack at the bottom of the stairs is a bitch, though, and one of you is going to go down. Whenever that comes up I pretty much accept that I'm not going to be in there at all: my whole job becomes "piss off the Banshees and Brutes enough to make them chase me"

Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    it's the cerberus-y map with the snowy background

I actually think it's one of the easier maps on silver; the little area platform near the shuttle that the ladder leads up to is a nice chokepoint on most waves with 1-2 corridors that all the enemies in a wave have to funnel into

the only level I really don't like is that chemical plant one, but it might just be that I'm not used to nagivating it

You're thinking of Firebase White, the Noveria map. Glacier looks like this:
    Firebase_Glacier.jpg

X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    do you guys use like, voicechat and shit when you play on 360 or do you just join eachother's games? I haven't had voice enabled on live for ever and ever

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    if the rapture don't come cousin, then pass the guns
    I'll burn'em for the return of my investment funds
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    it's the cerberus-y map with the snowy background

I actually think it's one of the easier maps on silver; the little area platform near the shuttle that the ladder leads up to is a nice chokepoint on most waves with 1-2 corridors that all the enemies in a wave have to funnel into

the only level I really don't like is that chemical plant one, but it might just be that I'm not used to nagivating it

You're thinking of Firebase White, the Noveria map. Glacier looks like this:
    Firebase_Glacier.jpg

that is a hard map for reapers

but its pretty enjoyable in a super hectic sort of way though

when I did it on silver for the challenge on that map it kept giving us hold the point objectives which are usually pretty hard against reapers anyway

• -Tal-Tal My mind move like a tron bike Pop a wheelie on the zeitgeistRegistered User regular
    Akilae wrote: »
    So about FTL travel:
    Spoiler:

this quote tree has ending spoilers
    Spoiler:

yK8ftCf.png
    do you guys use like, voicechat and shit when you play on 360 or do you just join eachother's games? I haven't had voice enabled on live for ever and ever

I haven't played with any of the PA folks but as a rule I use voice where possible. It's necessary for good coordination on anything above Bronze.

Bronze is boring now. Dammit!

Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
  • BeezelBeezel War is hell! About to make it worse!Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »
    As a Manguard, which shotgun do I want to be vetting the most? Currently I'm kind of bouncing between the Scimitar and the Eviscerator. The ones that I have past that are waaaay too heavy for what I do at the point in the game I am at. Are there any lighter alternatives to those two going forward?

Until you get the CLaymore to level X you're not going to get much use out of the bestest shotgun, so be prepared for that. GPS is much the same. The Disicple weighs less than the Katana but is exactly as strong, that one is great. For power-based Vanguards, the Scimitar, the Disciple, the Katana, and an upgraded Eviscerator are pretty much top tier.

Edit: Wait is this a multiplayer or a singleplayer question?

Single Player

Yeah I charge and punch more than I shoot stuff. I use an upgraded phalanx at range. I mostly use the shotgun to pop the noggins of my secondary targets. The disciple is the spectre shotgun yes?

10NLNWQ.png
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular

I haven't been using a mic. Granted I don't have a full-on headset. If I did, I might consider it. As is , if I used one you would get feedback from me playing the game. Which would just be annoying.

XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
    edited March 2012
    As a Manguard, which shotgun do I want to be vetting the most? Currently I'm kind of bouncing between the Scimitar and the Eviscerator. The ones that I have past that are waaaay too heavy for what I do at the point in the game I am at. Are there any lighter alternatives to those two going forward?

Until you get the CLaymore to level X you're not going to get much use out of the bestest shotgun, so be prepared for that. GPS is much the same. The Disicple weighs less than the Katana but is exactly as strong, that one is great. For power-based Vanguards, the Scimitar, the Disciple, the Katana, and an upgraded Eviscerator are pretty much top tier.

Single Player

Yeah I charge and punch more than I shoot stuff. I use an upgraded phalanx at range. I mostly use the shotgun to pop the noggins of my secondary targets. The disciple is the spectre shotgun yes?
    Drop your Phalanx, pick the shotgun of your choice, and go to town. Spec Shepard for having more shields and a better recharge rate. When upgraded to level V with the research upgrades for better power recharge, even the heaviest shotgun will give you a really fast recharge. Get up in their faces and lay them to waste. If you're in single-player, you're a lot more powerful than you think you are. Be bold. Use your environment. Take whatever shotgun you like best, but take it by itself.

The Disciple is an asari shotgun.

Wyborn on
    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account

Single Player

disciple is the asari one, spectre shotgun is the wraith and has two shots in a clip

I used the graal for most of my insanity run after I got it, only carried it and still had a172% cooldown which is fine and since I had a ton of cooldown orientated armor pieces i could still charge forever

it does good damage and with maxed out inferno ammo as well as armour piecing as my bonus skill it could take on pretty much any enemy type easily

and it shoots spikes which is pretty awesome

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I do appreciate that the game lets you increase your power recharge speed more and more in the single player game. By the end of my initial runthrough I had a Claymore V and a +118% power cooldown bonus.

That's good enough for me.

i played with the upgraded Vindicator rifle in the singleplayer. Its light enough to let you maintain 200% recharge bonus. Between Charge and Nova, I never had the time to shoot at close range, let alone any inclination to do so. The Vindicator helped fill the vanguard's long-range deficiencies.

Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I do appreciate that the game lets you increase your power recharge speed more and more in the single player game. By the end of my initial runthrough I had a Claymore V and a +118% power cooldown bonus.

i played with the upgraded Vindicator rifle in the singleplayer. Its light enough to let you maintain 200% recharge bonus. Between Charge and Nova, I never had the time to shoot at close range, let alone any inclination to do so. The Vindicator helped fill the vanguard's long-range deficiencies.

What the Hell is "long-range"!

Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

What the Hell is "long-range"!

fighting enemies across a gap that you can't charge.
    happens from time to time.

Tube-san wrote:
    here's what my vanguard playthrough looked like
    Spoiler:

Tube-san wrote:
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Disciple shotgun is the best for Vanguards. Phalanx pistol and Katana X are good substitutes though until then.

Katana X does damn near as much damage as Widow 1, but gives 191% recharge speed. Phalanx give 200% speed and has great range and decent damage. I think there are better pistols.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Egos wrote: »

I haven't been using a mic. Granted I don't have a full-on headset. If I did, I might consider it. As is , if I used one you would get feedback from me playing the game. Which would just be annoying.

yeah, I don't have a mic that works with the 360. I guess I could plug some earbuds in or just run voice through the speakers, though

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    if the rapture don't come cousin, then pass the guns
    I'll burn'em for the return of my investment funds
  • finnithfinnith Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    This seems to be doing the rounds, but I thought it was an excellent summary:
    Spoiler:

Though I discovered that it has been tweeted to the @masseffect twitter guys about a billion times already, but I regret nothing sending it to them again.

In other news, when is the N7 weapon for surviving silver being unlocked? And will it be forever stuck at level I because you can't upgrade it from packs (which is something I am wondering about).

I actually liked that.
    Spoiler:

Single Player

disciple is the asari one, spectre shotgun is the wraith and has two shots in a clip

I used the graal for most of my insanity run after I got it, only carried it and still had a172% cooldown which is fine and since I had a ton of cooldown orientated armor pieces i could still charge forever

it does good damage and with maxed out inferno ammo as well as armour piecing as my bonus skill it could take on pretty much any enemy type easily

Probably going to go shotgun only to finish out this playthrough and respec less PUNCH MANS and go the barrier route. I'm only playing in Normal atm so it's not like I'm ever in any real danger anyway. Until I get the Disciple I'm probably going to run with either the Eviscerator (gotta respect the classics) or the Scimitar. In a build like that do I still want to keep max inferno ammo or at that range would cryo ammo actually be not shit since I'm going to be in everyone's grill all the time anyway?

10NLNWQ.png
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    wilting wrote: »
    :(
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And the Disciple is pretty cool. Light and effective. Lot of people prefer it to the eviscerator.

Savages.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Though I discovered that it has been tweeted to the @masseffect twitter guys about a billion times already, but I regret nothing sending it to them again.

In other news, when is the N7 weapon for surviving silver being unlocked? And will it be forever stuck at level I because you can't upgrade it from packs (which is something I am wondering about).

I actually liked that.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    wilting wrote: »
    :(
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And the Disciple is pretty cool. Light and effective. Lot of people prefer it to the eviscerator.

Savages.
    Spoiler:

sort of
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Spoiler:

I mostly agree with him, though on some points I don't.
    Spoiler:
    Also I don't think the ending is the worst thing ever, I just think it's mediocre.

By the way, Retake Mass Effect is at 65k.

Yeah I don't agree with his point there either, except that:
    Spoiler:

Single Player

Probably going to go shotgun only to finish out this playthrough and respec less PUNCH MANS and go the barrier route. I'm only playing in Normal atm so it's not like I'm ever in any real danger anyway. Until I get the Disciple I'm probably going to run with either the Eviscerator (gotta respect the classics) or the Scimitar. In a build like that do I still want to keep max inferno ammo or at that range would cryo ammo actually be not shit since I'm going to be in everyone's grill all the time anyway?

I'd take Inferno Ammo and Cryo Ammo together, and take the Squad Ammo evolution for Cryo, because it's still great and will save your butt a few times (on Insanity; on Normal you'll just turn people in snowcones).

When you unlock Warp Ammo, though, you might as well drop Inferno Ammo in favor of that. Warp Ammo is better in every way that matters.

Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    finnith wrote: »
    Spoiler:

I actually liked that.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    To the thing Finnith and Lilnoobs are talking about, end spoilers in the conversation:
    Spoiler:

X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts JOIN THE NINTENDO FUN CLUB TODAY, MACRegistered User regular
    To the thing Finnith and Lilnoobs are talking about, end spoilers in the conversation:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

26XPxA9.jpg
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 4527-8947-6010
  • jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
    So I just finished the mission
    Spoiler:
    so I've only got a couple of missions left.

I imported my save from ME2, have done about every side mission possible and I've just about maxed out my Paragon rating. I'm floating somewhere around 7k points but with only a 50% Readiness Rating. How much multiplayer will I have to play to get that up above 5000 points so I can get the "good ending?"

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

I think
    Spoiler:

PAJoe_zpsc20d21e8.jpg
    jhunter46 wrote: »
    So I just finished the mission
    Spoiler:
    so I've only got a couple of missions left.

I imported my save from ME2, have done about every side mission possible and I've just about maxed out my Paragon rating. I'm floating somewhere around 7k points but with only a 50% Readiness Rating. How much multiplayer will I have to play to get that up above 5000 points so I can get the "good ending?"

It would not take very long to get that to 60%-70% or so to have more than enough EMS.

Personally I've heard the most interesting ending in ME3 ironically has hardly any EMS, but it isn't like I have any motivation to play the SP again any time soon (if ever).

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Synthetic ending.
    Spoiler:

Wyborn wrote:
    I'd take Inferno Ammo and Cryo Ammo together, and take the Squad Ammo evolution for Cryo, because it's still great and will save your butt a few times (on Insanity; on Normal you'll just turn people in snowcones).

When you unlock Warp Ammo, though, you might as well drop Inferno Ammo in favor of that. Warp Ammo is better in every way that matters.

would you advise I drop lift for that? So far I've been taking a fast recharge lift and bringing the brothean along to give it a 1 second cooldown to set up my own biotic explosions, using charge as the trigger.

10NLNWQ.png
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So for PC players, Gamestop is selling the $20 EA Cards for $15 right now. Which can be used to buy Bioware funbucks.

I just bought 3 cards worth of Spectre packs. (I am weak.)

Only missing the Asari Vanguard, Turian Soldier, and Quarian Engineer classes, Got the Geth Rifle, Geth Shotgun, Carnifex, and Arc Pistol to rank IV, and the Widow to III, and unlocked all the rare weapons but the Falcon and Graal.

plus I have like 70 each of medpacks, rockets, etc.

Now to really get to business on some multiplayer.

camo_sig2.png
    XBL: Manetherenwolf | PSN: Manetherenwolf | STEAM: Manetherenwolf
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Anyone noticed there credits going down in multiplayer?

heroth-s.png
    On another note, the rifle that Javik brings with him is hilarious to watch in action. How it relates to the story going back to ME2
    Spoiler:

10NLNWQ.png
    On another note, the rifle that Javik brings with him is hilarious to watch in action. How it relates to the story going back to ME2
    Spoiler:

Yes, it almost certainly is.

Lemming wrote: »

I never expected them to actually change the ending

but it doesn't rule out any dlc that could expand on it

• finnithfinnith Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Synthetic ending.
    Spoiler:

To SoundsPlush
    Spoiler: