As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    ME2 was about a bunch of great characters. The plot... well, it mostly wasn't there and it wasn't great so pffft.

so like every bioware RPG?

the ME1 plot was great.

There is some vague big bad with vague evil plans and you need to stop him like in every goddamn game ever by using a magical plot device from a long dead civilization.

Oh hey, look at that, it's possible to make any plot sound dumb if you summarize it. Whodathunk it.
    YOU EXIST BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT

YOU WILL END BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT

So what was good about the plot. The background and characters were nice, but those really weren't important to the plot in most parts.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I liked ME2's plot, but it wasn't as strong a narrative like the other two games. It was the best scene in every guys on a mission movie, where the team is recruited, but for 95% of the game. And the end boss was kinda silly.

• Options
    I still don't get why I couldn't sacrifice one of my other characters in ME1 instead of the ones they wanted me to sacrifice.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the amount of poop on my kitchen floor is unbelievable

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    ME2 was about a bunch of great characters. The plot... well, it mostly wasn't there and it wasn't great so pffft.

so like every bioware RPG?

the ME1 plot was great.

There is some vague big bad with vague evil plans and you need to stop him like in every goddamn game ever by using a magical plot device from a long dead civilization.

Oh hey, look at that, it's possible to make any plot sound dumb if you summarize it. Whodathunk it.
    YOU EXIST BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT

YOU WILL END BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT

So what was good about the plot. The background and characters were nice, but those really weren't important to the plot in most parts.

The antagonist was cool, and the big bad was cool and the reveal of him was cool. And the finish was cool. And of course the setting. Which was important to the plot.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I still don't get why I couldn't sacrifice one of my other characters in ME1 instead of the ones they wanted me to sacrifice.

That whole mission was Alliance military, wasn't it?Having Garrus, Wrex, Liara or Tali leading a team that was either going to guard the bomb or hold off bad guy reinforcements would have been a bit out of character. Plus, Ashley and Kaiden are clearly the two least interesting squadmates, so maybe Bioware figured they'd save you the bother of pretending to choose any of the others.

• Options

Because you could save one of them; I don't think anyone would agree to "hey so I'll save both of them and then you go down there and die because I don't like your face"

but how could you want to sacrifice anyone else

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »

That whole mission was Alliance military, wasn't it?Having Garrus, Wrex, Liara or Tali leading a team that was either going to guard the bomb or hold off bad guy reinforcements would have been a bit out of character. Plus, Ashley and Kaiden are clearly the two least interesting squadmates, so maybe Bioware figured they'd save you the bother of pretending to choose any of the others.

No it was STG, actually.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    and they're the inconsequential ones

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The antagonist was cool, and the big bad was cool and the reveal of him was cool. And the finish was cool. And of course the setting. Which was important to the plot.
    We knew almost nothing about the main antagonists other than one being a muahahaha AI that helps destroy life every 50k years or so and one being a rogue specter, the few scenes where he is in, and whatshisname tells us about his mission with him. You can probably put everything you learn about in one paragraph without summarizing anything. It is the same problem I have with Darth Vader.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Fun night then?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Fun night then?

for my dog, yes! i held my breath and hurriedly threw it in the garbage. it was absurdly smelly!

now i am getting dressed because i have an appointment with my therapist in about 70 minutes. we are gonna talk about stuff. probably school stuff since that is 99% of what is on my mind right now. well, 98%. 2% is focused on pax. or i guess 98/1.9/.1. i always reserve .1% of my brain to be constantly vigilant, thinking about fellatio. it's like the number sequence in lost. i can never be delinquent in considering beej's.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Fun night then?

He should have known when he invited all those chimps over for poker that this would happen.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    We knew almost nothing about the main antagonists other than one being a muahahaha AI that helps destroy life every 50k years or so and one being a rogue specter, the few scenes where he is in, and whatshisname tells us about his mission with him. You can probably put everything you learn about in one paragraph without summarizing anything. It is the same problem I have with Darth Vader.

...you learn his motivations and you see his style

what more about Saren do you need

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    My bedroom has a painted wood floor.

It would be terrible, if I was going for anything besides "Oh, this place is really nice for a couple of guys in their mid-20's."

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Fun night then?

for my dog, yes! i held my breath and hurriedly threw it in the garbage. it was absurdly smelly!

now i am getting dressed because i have an appointment with my therapist in about 70 minutes. we are gonna talk about stuff. probably school stuff since that is 99% of what is on my mind right now. well, 98%. 2% is focused on pax. or i guess 98/1.9/.1. i always reserve .1% of my brain to be constantly vigilant, thinking about fellatio. it's like the number sequence in lost. i can never be delinquent in considering beej's.

I'm lolin' for real over here

• Options
    can i take a language course 101 and just not let on that i am fluent

is this academic dishonesty if i am found out

maybe i wanted to revisit my basic grammar!

• Options
    BJ I read bee jay

but beej is just like, beedsh

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

no, go for it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Something that makes him feel like an actual human being rather than any of numerous other characters that are mostly just flash built around the skeleton of a person like Boba Fett.

• Options

Something that makes him feel like an actual human being rather than any of numerous other characters that are mostly just flash built around the skeleton of a person like Boba Fett.

Turian. He's a turian.

If you're talking about darth vader, you are the kind of person who would think seeing darth vader as a little kid would be cool and for that, sir, I will murder you at midnight with a shovel.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

But he's a lizardman, not a human!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Darth Vader in the first movie was there to be an evil for the sake of evil person who would make a great simplistic villain. Outside of looking cool, he didn't have much going for him.

• Options
    Does anyone want to recommend an app if I wanted to transition to using my phone as my primary mp3 player? I love my Zune, but it doesn't make sense to carry two devices around.

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular

It's college. You're paying to take the course. As long as they get their money for the course and books, I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit.

You could always ask if there's a way to test out of it.

• Options

Do it. Your only obligation is to pay the bill, convince the professor to give you a passing grade by whatever means necessary, graduate, and then
    make
    it
    rain

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
  • Options
    No it was STG, actually.

Oh, yeah. Now I remember.

The antagonists in ME1 were kinda mysterious, which was part of their whole deal. The Repears remain mysterious and unknowable through most of ME, which is deliberate. They're an implacable, inhuman enemy and their goals are unclear, though they involve you and everyone you've ever known dying. They are the Terminator.

• Options
    Turian. He's a turian.
    So a human in a costume.

• Options
    Darth Vader in the first movie was there to be an evil for the sake of evil person who would make a great simplistic villain. Outside of looking cool, he didn't have much going for him.

Yeah honestly, Darth Vader and the emperor were the least cool. The british fascists were much better.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

He was a henchman. He did as he was told. Who wanted to see him take his helmet off and agonise about the day to day running of the Empire?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Does anyone want to recommend an app if I wanted to transition to using my phone as my primary mp3 player? I love my Zune, but it doesn't make sense to carry two devices around.

What phone?

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    No it was STG, actually.

Oh, yeah. Now I remember.

The antagonists in ME1 were kinda mysterious, which was part of their whole deal. The Repears remain mysterious and unknowable through most of ME, which is deliberate. They're an implacable, inhuman enemy and their goals are unclear, though they involve you and everyone you've ever known dying. They are the Terminator.

in ME2 I liked the villains in the last ten seconds
    Bam, collectors are sympathetic

and THE REAPERS ARE A COMIN'

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

What phone?

I use Spotify Premium but that has a subscription

Worth it if you already use Spotify a lot on your pc

• Options
    spotify mobile is the bestest

subscription tho

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    mindspork wrote: »

It's college. You're paying to take the course. As long as they get their money for the course and books, I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit.

You could always ask if there's a way to test out of it.

They tested me when I took Basic Latin, because my High School transcript said I took Latin. I told them my High School latin program was horrible, so they gave me a test. If I passed the test, I couldn't take basic latin, I would have to take intermediate, which was closed out.

How well do you think I did on that test?

Cornelia esse punta Romania.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thank you for spoilering ME2!!

I'm only like halfway through my first ever playthrough.

Miranda's loyalty mission:
    Fuck a Paragon Interrupt. That dude deserved to die.

Jacob's mission
    Alliance justice is cold, but it's what Jacob wants even if he doesn't know it.

Working on Mordin's now.

Also, [chat], we had the world's most sexist waiter at dinner this weekend. I was literally speechless at one point...

• Options
    also, a girl I know has gotten some photos taken and they're really good and I wish I could post them because they are really good photos.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sarksus wrote: »

What phone?

If it's an android, use Amazon's cloud player. That's pretty much all you could ever need.

spool32 on
This discussion has been closed.