As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    That sounds... amazing and terrible and the same time gooey. Definitely surreal.

surreal is a good adjective to describe it

like, a bunch of 27-28 year old professionals just absolutely going crazy and destroying a benihana

the entire time my girlfriend and i are just looking at each other like "what the fuck is going on!"

"shit show" is the preferred term

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh my god gooey

Also: a flow chart?

I ... Am somehow impressed at the organizational wherewithal of it

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

The guy doing that posts on SA. I'm not overly confident about the project. He seems really resistant to the idea of terrain playing a part in the battles of an SRPG. So everything will be on a flat grid, with maybe a few impassable squares.

oh hmm

it looks like it's going to be lovely
    I was originally pretty excited myself.

Still, I'd avoid pledging until he explains exactly what "Chapter 1" is.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    He seems really resistant to the idea of terrain playing a part in the battles of an SRPG.

but

In SRPGs you

What

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    how was everyone's st pat's?

Kinda soured on the holiday since I lived in Ireland. We went out to eat and had the most hilariously sexist waiter in history. I shall tell the tale now.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    That sure is something Gooey. Holy shit. At what point did you go from "This is amazing. These guys sure no how to party" to "Holy shit. Alcoholic Douchery isn't contagious, is it? Bail!"

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    What is (a) Benihana?

a teppanyaki chain in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benihana

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Oh my god gooey

If they've got dates/times on it, it'd be a good way to track where they all got herpes from in the first goddamn place.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    He seems really resistant to the idea of terrain playing a part in the battles of an SRPG.

but

In SRPGs you

What

Kinda depends on what specifically you're referring to with terrain. Like, in the old shining force games the terrain bonus for standing on different types of terrain was pretty unimportant and could mostly be ignored. Moving tactically around impassable terrain and bridges and whatnot was pretty important though.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    An SRPG where terrain doesn't factor is sounds rather boring. Unless the game has some other crazy new mechanics that make it interesting.

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Haha, whilst doing baton drills (read screaming, and waving around a stick) a Public order K9 got loose.

Decided its duty was to run right up to every trainee and bark at them. The guy next to me was about a split second from running and presumably getting mauled when it got called back.

• Options
    What is (a) Benihana?

A chain of japanese (I think) style food where your chef comes out and cooks all the food in front of you and does knife and food flipping tricks and whatnot.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    we went to four bars

started at fado at 8 am, hoping to have breakfast and beers but the place was already packed

so we went to a different place called frank's (a hot dog joint) where I had a waffle and chicken sandwich and coffee!

then to the tavern, where we were the first customers of the day, and finally the black sheep lodge

and I passed out at 4pm

• Options
    Oh my god gooey

they had a creepy inside language for it too

if you and somebody just made out with the same person you were "second cousins", and so on progressing up to sleeping with someone where you were "brothers and sisters"

like, at one point this guy and girl yelled "brother and sister!!!" while hugging and pointed towards another girl (presumably the girl they've both slept with) and she went "WOOO!!" and everyone cheered at the table

honestly i couldnt make this shit up if i tried

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

but

In SRPGs you

What

Kinda depends on what specifically you're referring to with terrain. Like, in the old shining force games the terrain bonus for standing on different types of terrain was pretty unimportant and could mostly be ignored. Moving tactically around impassable terrain and bridges and whatnot was pretty important though.

Yeah, but if he's not doing something as simple as 'high ground' or 'it's hard to shoot arrows at people in a forest' then it's kinda.. well.. dumb.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    mindspork wrote: »
    Oh my god gooey

If they've got dates/times on it, it'd be a good way to track where they all got herpes from in the first goddamn place.

At that point, just create a database.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Oh my god gooey

At that point, just create a database.

who_have_i_fucked.accdb

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

we went to a wacko performance art / haunted house thingy

it had eyes wide shut masks and naked goat men

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

but

In SRPGs you

What
    Chewbot wrote:
    Terrain will be a factor especially with some characters taking up four squares but we won't have elevation changes, instead focusing more on positioning than height or facing bonuses.

The board will be alterable to have squares blocked off (like those with rocks) or be shaped by bottlenecks or larger obstacles on the field.

This prompted somebody to ask:
    So elevation, environment, cover, etc. won't be a factor in battles? That seems pretty shallow, and the combat shown in the trailer wasn't very reassuring either. What are you doing that justifies calling this "pretty deep strategy"?

The response wasn't inspiring
    Chewbot wrote:
    We may look into ways to add some other interest to the field. I think the point about height having an effect on the perception of the world is a legitimate one but we'll have to weigh that against the resources we have and how much this would impact production. In short, I absolutely agree but it could be very expensive for us.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    man if i'd known there would be naked goat men

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Also called Berner Sennenhund or Bouvier Bernois, the origin of the (snip)Bernese Mountain Dog(/snip)breed is not well documented, but many believe they are descendent of the molossus war dogs, a mastiff type dogs brought to Switzerland over 2,000 years ago by the Romans legions.

Thank you for your subscription to "Obscure Dog Facts".

mindspork on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Oh my god gooey

if you and somebody just made out with the same person you were "second cousins", and so on progressing up to sleeping with someone where you were "brothers and sisters"

like, at one point this guy and girl yelled "brother and sister!!!" while hugging and pointed towards another girl (presumably the girl they've both slept with) and she went "WOOO!!" and everyone cheered at the table

Whaaaaat

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also called Berner Sennenhund or Bouvier Bernois, the origin of the Bernese Mountain Dog breed is not well documented, but many believe they are descendent of the molossus war dogs, a mastiff type dogs brought to Switzerland over 2,000 years ago by the Romans legions.

Hey, that's our dog's breed.

Mod Edit: Spam link removed

Ramius on
  • Options

but

In SRPGs you

What
    Chewbot wrote:
    Terrain will be a factor especially with some characters taking up four squares but we won't have elevation changes, instead focusing more on positioning than height or facing bonuses.

The board will be alterable to have squares blocked off (like those with rocks) or be shaped by bottlenecks or larger obstacles on the field.

This prompted somebody to ask:
    So elevation, environment, cover, etc. won't be a factor in battles? That seems pretty shallow, and the combat shown in the trailer wasn't very reassuring either. What are you doing that justifies calling this "pretty deep strategy"?

The response wasn't inspiring
    Chewbot wrote:
    We may look into ways to add some other interest to the field. I think the point about height having an effect on the perception of the world is a legitimate one but we'll have to weigh that against the resources we have and how much this would impact production. In short, I absolutely agree but it could be very expensive for us.

So, high ground doesn't matter, flanking doesn't matter, no cover bonuses, no enviromental bonuses.

Wow. Way to turn the SRPG genre on its edge by removing pretty much all its standard conventions.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Oh my god gooey

Whaaaaat

They should get it right and properly refer to each other as eskimo brothers and sisters.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    I mean, I'm milk brothers with some of my friends but like... not intentionally and it's not something we Wooo! about, we usually just have a good laugh about it.

• Options

Also, our women were trying to leave us.
    Unsuccessfully.

• Options
    Oh my god gooey

Are you sure this isn't a cult?

• Options

So, high ground doesn't matter, flanking doesn't matter, no cover bonuses, no enviromental bonuses.

Wow. Way to turn the SRPG genre on its edge by removing pretty much all its standard conventions.

The caravan part could be interesting as some kind of meta-game, but they've not said much outside of it being important and a bit like Oregon Trail or whatever that famous dysentery simulator is.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    It's been a pretty light day, so I've been shopping for 1 1/2" belt buckles.

Help me find the most ironicalical buckle out there.

I want passersby to be all "Is that...is that Alanis Morissette? Oh, your belt buckle fooled me for a second! It's only you, Form of Monkey!"

• Options
    Oh my god gooey

Are you sure this isn't a cult?

honestly im not sure

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    That group of people sound like the best and worst thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    200% power regen (1 light weapon equipped) Drell Adept in ME3 MP= Civilization

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    P.S. Just to explain this to the uninitiated, you get to add extra suffixes to the word "ironic" as you ramp up the irony.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Also, our women were trying to leave us.
    Unsuccessfully.

yet I still missed the candy room

• Options
    I mean, I'm milk brothers with some of my friends but like... not intentionally and it's not something we Wooo! about, we usually just have a good laugh about it.

"Milk brothers"? Do I even want to know what that means?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

it's supposed to mean, had the same wetnurse buuut

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

We have had sexual relations with the same lady (not at the same time, though).

• Options

We have had sexual relations with the same lady (not at the same time, though).

Welp, I'm never using milk again.

• Options
    Oh my god gooey

There is no emoticon in Vanilla to summarize my response to this social practice and lingo they've cooked up

This discussion has been closed.