Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Breaking Bad: "I won" [Past season SPOILERS]

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    holy shit those are some nice graphics

can he put that into a playable level of some kind?

• LaCabraLaCabra Registered User regular
    Already is a playable level of some kind, he could play UT3 in it. Or any UE3 game he had code for

Blog | Impromptu Games | twitter

totally buy my video game InFlux on Steam or Humble Store or GOG or Amazon!
  • JacobyJacoby Registered User regular
    Infinity Blade is UE3 engine.

Gus as God King CONFIRMED.

GameCenter: ROldford
    PA Hero Academy League Commissioner and Head Fight Instigator - Come join us!
    Magic Cards with Googly Eyes
  • minor incidentminor incident maliciously classy Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Walt could just as easily finish the show making millions, or dying. Bad things leading only to bad things is complete bullshit as far as real life is concerned, so I really don't know where the show is going to go. I get the vibe that the writers want Walt's story to end in misery, though, which is exactly what I don't want especially after watching through The Shield.

Oh, and about the poison.
    Spoiler:

See, I thought the ending to The Shield was one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. They managed to wrap up an anti-hero's story in a way that neither condoned nor condemned him. It was equal measures cruel and merciful. Brilliant writing, really. My fear is that Breaking Bad has THAT watermark to live up to, seeing as how they have a central protagonist that shares a lot of traits with Mackey (although, you could say they are kind of mirrors of each other, with Vic starting out an unlikable bastard and slowly becoming endearing, where Walter starts out naively trying to provide for his family, while slowly descending into the depths of evil).

I'm interested to see how they choose to end it. I don't know how it could be as gut-wrenchingly appropriate as The Shield, but I'm dying to find out. I think simply killing Walter off is too easy, and letting him get away scott free isn't appropriate to the theme of the show. The devil is somewhere in that middle ground. There are far worse things they could do to Walt than kill him.

steam_sig.png
    Basil wrote:
    I bet that somewhere out there, two guys have tied their dicks into a knot by accident
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Walt could just as easily finish the show making millions, or dying. Bad things leading only to bad things is complete bullshit as far as real life is concerned, so I really don't know where the show is going to go. I get the vibe that the writers want Walt's story to end in misery, though, which is exactly what I don't want especially after watching through The Shield.

Spoiler:

See, I thought the ending to The Shield was one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. They managed to wrap up an anti-hero's story in a way that neither condoned nor condemned him. It was equal measures cruel and merciful. Brilliant writing, really. My fear is that Breaking Bad has THAT watermark to live up to, seeing as how they have a central protagonist that shares a lot of traits with Mackey (although, you could say they are kind of mirrors of each other, with Vic starting out an unlikable bastard and slowly becoming endearing, where Walter starts out naively trying to provide for his family, while slowly descending into the depths of evil).

I'm interested to see how they choose to end it. I don't know how it could be as gut-wrenchingly appropriate as The Shield, but I'm dying to find out. I think simply killing Walter off is too easy, and letting him get away scott free isn't appropriate to the theme of the show. The devil is somewhere in that middle ground. There are far worse things they could do to Walt than kill him.
    Shield series spoiler
    Spoiler:

Sharp10r on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    deleted

frandelgearslip on
    edited January 2012

<snip>

I've thought about that ending quite a bit since I saw it. It really stuck. I almost felt bad for him.

But yeah. How does Walter White end up? I guess it depends heavily on how much deeper he goes beyond poisoning a child to trick his only friend into helping him murder their boss. Does it get worse from here on out?

minor incident on
    steam_sig.png
    Basil wrote:
    I bet that somewhere out there, two guys have tied their dicks into a knot by accident
  • LaCabraLaCabra Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Man, I would like to be able to read this show's thread without seeing spoilers for other shows I plan to watch sometime.

LaCabra on
    Blog | Impromptu Games | twitter

totally buy my video game InFlux on Steam or Humble Store or GOG or Amazon!
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote:
    Man, I would like to be able to read this show's thread without seeing spoilers for other shows I plan to watch sometime.

yeah that'd be great

edited January 2012
    LaCabra wrote:

Sorry man, I purposely tried to avoid any concrete spoilers, and tried to just allude to it. Trust me, though, even if you read some of the other posts that spelled the ending out a little more, you will still be amazed at how awesome it is.

minor incident on
    steam_sig.png
    Basil wrote:
    edited January 2012
    Double post

minor incident on
    steam_sig.png
    Basil wrote:
    edited January 2012
    And quote is not edit. =[

minor incident on
    steam_sig.png
    Basil wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Spoiler:

Shield spoilers
    Spoiler:

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    It'll probably end with Walter surviving and doing really well as a criminal, but losing everything else (family, friends). His breaking bad will be that he set out to save his family and ended up losing them entirely in some way, and perhaps himself as well

t5qfc9.jpg
    Maybe, but I don't want it to end on that depressing a note. I'd rather he go to jail for a little while but keep his family together.

• adytumadytum Registered User regular
    Why? He stopped caring about his actual family long ago, preferring to spend his energy protecting the idea of his family while the actual people and relationships fell apart.

etxvv5.jpg
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Zzulu wrote:
    It'll probably end with Walter surviving and doing really well as a criminal, but losing everything else (family, friends). His breaking bad will be that he set out to save his family and ended up losing them entirely in some way, and perhaps himself as well

His wife is already breaking bad. The real question to me is whether she'll go down for it.
    Last Season
    Spoiler:

Regarding the kid, end of season
    Spoiler:

Invisible on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    There's a diffrence about not caring, and not caring enough though.

• AsiriyaAsiriya Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

• TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    Asiriya wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Breaking Bads story in the guise of a jrpg.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg

C2B on
    hey look at this

season 5 teaser / season 1-4 recap music video

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2012
    Walt definitely does some terrible things, but the only characters I think do unjustifiable bad things which could actually make the characters monsters are
    Spoiler:

I think everyone else is redeemable, since we can at least understand why they act the way they do, and can see how they justify their actions.

Also, why is
    Spoiler:

spacekungfuman on
  • Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy Registered User regular
    Walt definitely does some terrible things, but the only characters I think do unjustifiable bad things which could actually make the characters monsters are
    Spoiler:

I'm kind of speechless that you think that cheating puts you on the same level as a "completely insane" murderer.

That's some seriously unsettling stuff.

...in accordance to the ancient prophecies.

jswidget.php?username=joe%20dizzy&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=random&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains[]=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Joe Dizzy wrote:
    Spoiler:

I'm kind of speechless that you think that cheating puts you on the same level as a "completely insane" murderer.

That's some seriously unsettling stuff.

I did not say they were the same level. Just that they all did bad things that there is no justification for. We can tie everything Walt does over the entire show to keeping his family from going broke or protecting himself or his family from other people. Skyler's actions literally cannot be justified IMO.

Ah, my mistake then. Still, I think the lack of justification does not necessarily make a person a monster.

I'm also not sure why Skyler would need a justification to act the way she did. She had a reason in much the same way that everybody in the show has reasons for acting the way they do. We might disagree with their reasoning - or in most cases find their actions disproportionate to the reasons driving those actions - but they do have reasons.

I personally find it far more difficult to accept...
    Spoiler:

jswidget.php?username=joe%20dizzy&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=random&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains[]=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • phishstikphishstik Registered User regular
    But, why is it such a shock that Skyler
    Spoiler:

• r4dr3zr4dr3z Boy geniuses can be ugly and fat but they don't cut their girls any slack!Registered User regular
    Also, why is
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Joe Dizzy wrote:
    Ah, my mistake then. Still, I think the lack of justification does not necessarily make a person a monster.

I'm also not sure why Skyler would need a justification to act the way she did. She had a reason in much the same way that everybody in the show has reasons for acting the way they do. We might disagree with their reasoning - or in most cases find their actions disproportionate to the reasons driving those actions - but they do have reasons.

I personally find it far more difficult to accept...
    Spoiler:

I guess the difference is
    Spoiler:

As a society, we view murder as bad, but also recognize that there are circumstances under which it is at least somewhat justified, such as in self defense. But cheating accomplishes nothing, and there are no circumstances I can think of where we should think that the general rule that cheating is bad should be broken. This doesn't mean that a murder for a reason is better than cheating on someone, just that the person doing the killing can have an understandable reason, at least, and the cheater can not.

edited February 2012
    I think if you compare the consequences of cheating with the consequences of murder, you'd find a plenty reasons why doing something that you shouldn't isn't a big deal in one instance and a huge freaking deal in another.

As you said, these two things aren't alike. Even suggesting that ending a human life can in any way be compared to letting somebody put their genitals in you is absurd.

One is literally the most harmful act you can commit against another human being, even if you buy the argument that it is sometimes necessary. The other is just not keeping a promise. But most of all fucking somebody else, is an utterly trivial thing to do in that context.

If you're arguing that cheating is an inherently selfish thing to do, you should keep in mind that so is self-defense.

Joe Dizzy on

Joe Dizzy wrote:
    I think if you compare the consequences of cheating with the consequences of murder, you'd find a plenty reasons why doing something that you shouldn't isn't a big deal in one instance and a huge freaking deal in another.

As you said, these two things aren't alike. Even suggesting that ending a human life can in any way be compared to letting somebody put their genitals in you is absurd.

One is literally the most harmful act you can commit against another human being, even if you buy the argument that it is sometimes necessary. The other is just not keeping a promise. But most of all fucking somebody else, is an utterly trivial thing to do in that context.

If you're arguing that cheating is an inherently selfish thing to do, you should keep in mind that so is self-defense.

This is a bigger topic than I think can be adequately addressed without taking this thread way off topic (if you want to start a separate thread, I'll be happy to participate).

On topic
    Spoiler:

Again, I am not arguing that cheating is worse than or as bad as murder. I am saying that, independent of the act itself or its ramifications, the difference in justifiability can make the difference in determining who is a bad person and who is not, despite their bad acts.

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Joe Dizzy wrote:

This is a bigger topic than I think can be adequately addressed without taking this thread way off topic (if you want to start a separate thread, I'll be happy to participate).

On topic
    Spoiler:

Again, I am not arguing that cheating is worse than or as bad as murder. I am saying that, independent of the act itself or its ramifications, the difference in justifiability can make the difference in determining who is a bad person and who is not, despite their bad acts.

Justification?
    Spoiler:

Thanatos wrote: »
    Goldman Sachs may as well be named COBRA.
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Registered User regular
    I'm way late to the party on Breaking Bad, but I just started this week on Netflix and I'm up to Better Call Saul. Bob Oedenkirk's appearance had me rolling on the floor. Fantastic character.

This show really lends a sense of perspective. Had a bad day? No. Secure that shit right now. You haven't had a bad day. Not by a long shot. Got problems? No, you don't have problems. It's like Springer turned up to eleven and soaked in some really horrible chemicals.

"The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
    Holy shit! Breaking Bad is coming back on this July!

steam_sig.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Whoever thought this entire TV structure was a good idea needs to be slapped. July. I can't even remember when it went off the air, but I'll take a guess and say LAST July.

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Whoever thought this entire TV structure was a good idea needs to be slapped. July. I can't even remember when it went off the air, but I'll take a guess and say LAST July.

Nope. It ran from last July through last October. So, same schedule again this season.

steam_sig.png
    Basil wrote:
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Any truth to the rumor that Season 5 will be split into two 8-episode mini-seasons?

Any truth to the rumor that Season 5 will be split into two 8-episode mini-seasons?

Anna Gunn has confirmed that they're slated to shoot 8 episodes now and 8 episodes next winter (so second half would probably air July 2013).

steam_sig.png
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    Yeah I've read the same thing. Second half won't even begin production until winter 2013.

camo_sig2.png
    Heir wrote: »
    Yeah I've read the same thing. Second half won't even begin production until winter 2013.

Yeah, they didn't start shooting this half until January/February 2012.

steam_sig.png