As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2012 FAQ AND INFORMATION THREAD. (PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    emperor18 wrote: »
    emperor18 wrote: »
    What companies are going to be at Pax East 2012?
    No one here actually works for Penny Arcade, or has access to that kind of information until PA releases it to the public. Just keep a look out on the main PAX site for when the floor maps are released with exhibitor locations.
    How do they expect people to buy tickets then if nobody knows whos going to be there? I'm not buying a ticket until I see a complete list.
    I don't think they're concerned with that as PAX has sold out the last x (insert whatever number you want) years, and 3-day passes (and one or two of the daily passes) are normally gone well before the full list of exhibitors is announced

• emperor18emperor18 Registered User new member
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    If you are looking for a specific vendor, you can ask that vendor directly. By now, many companies have confirmed that they will be at PAX through other sources. A full list will be along eventually.

I've been to Pax in Seattle once a few years ago so I'm new lol, I don't know what to expect from Pax East. I'm interested in the big companies like Perfect World Entertainment, Microsoft, Sony, Crytek, etc.

• grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if you have to be staying at the hotel in order to use their shuttle to the BCEC?

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • GausGaus Registered User regular
    No Galaga tournament in the console area this year? This makes me sad. Are the tournys in stone?

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    grayfawkes wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to be staying at the hotel in order to use their shuttle to the BCEC?

I doubt it. However I would be willing to bet you need a PAX Badge on you.

• awkookawkook Registered User regular
    I guess I will re-ask my question since it wasn't answered but all the other ones were:

"I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but will there be a PC Freeplay room like in 2010? (Not sure if there was one in 2011 because I've only been to PAX East)"

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    awkook wrote: »
    I guess I will re-ask my question since it wasn't answered but all the other ones were:

"I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but will there be a PC Freeplay room like in 2010? (Not sure if there was one in 2011 because I've only been to PAX East)"

yes

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ----

DaltonCarl on
  • a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    DaltonCarl wrote: »
    Im wondering if anyone is interested in doing a treasure hunt type event.
    Quick rundown of what I was thinking.

Tweet out/pic of where item is. Items will be random either something I buy at pick up or just money or whatever. Attached will be one of my mini business cards. On back of that be a number or symbol. And then who ever gets all of cards gets grand prize which still need ideas for. There be many of same cards so there be fair chance for all. And maybe hide like one special card that's some other fancy prize. Any interest let me know and ill start ironing out the details.

maybe do like a geo-cache thing were you use coordinates via smartphone to find items. although im not sure if the gps in smart phones are accurate enough.

DaltonCarl wrote: »
    Im wondering if anyone is interested in doing a treasure hunt type event.
    Quick rundown of what I was thinking.

Tweet out/pic of where item is. Items will be random either something I buy at pick up or just money or whatever. Attached will be one of my mini business cards. On back of that be a number or symbol. And then who ever gets all of cards gets grand prize which still need ideas for. There be many of same cards so there be fair chance for all. And maybe hide like one special card that's some other fancy prize. Any interest let me know and ill start ironing out the details.

maybe do like a geo-cache thing were you use coordinates via smartphone to find items. although im not sure if the gps in smart phones are accurate enough.

Most are, but probably not indoors.

edited September 2013

DaltonCarl on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    question about console freeplay, specifically xbox360: is it possible/acceptable to bring a flash drive with my game saves on it so i can play mass effect or something in freeplay?

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Are any of the rest of you that are attending Hams? I'm gonna be bringing my HT with me, and wouldn't mind having a talk-in frequency for the weekend.

73 de KB1QKF

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    question about console freeplay, specifically xbox360: is it possible/acceptable to bring a flash drive with my game saves on it so i can play mass effect or something in freeplay?

That's a great question! I'm kind of curious to know too.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    oops wrong place*

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »

That's a great question! I'm kind of curious to know too.

You can bring mem cards/flash drives into cfp no problem.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I'm sincerely asking this out of curiosity and not maliciousness: why would you want to play a game at a convention that you already own at home?

wonderpug wrote: »
    I'm sincerely asking this out of curiosity and not maliciousness: why would you want to play a game at a convention that you already own at home?

multiplayer could be fun if you get a few seats together.

• avsfan590avsfan590 Registered User regular

Pretty good question as said i think its more for multiplayer. Or killing time before events.

totally legitimate question, particularly because i wasn't thinking multiplayer. i've been super busy lately and haven't been able to play anything as much as i'd like to, so while most of my time at pax will be spent doing new and exciting things, i think it would make me very happy to unwind later in the evenings by spending some quality time with my femshep.

7YIpfE5.png
  • mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    I actually have a question, when are the Pax East Badges expected to mail?
    I also purchased 2 BYOC seats, are those automatically linked to my Pax East Badges or should i bring the printed registrations?

Thanks

mpizzi wrote: »
    I also purchased 2 BYOC seats, are those automatically linked to my Pax East Badges or should i bring the printed registrations?

Thanks

Badges started being mailed this week.

You /must/ bring your BYOC registration printed out and appropriate photo ID to get your BYOC badge.

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    mpizzi wrote: »

Thanks

You pick up your BYOC passes at the show. You can pick them up on thursday at willcall or on friday in front of BYOC itself.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • JusticeRobinJusticeRobin Registered User regular
    Hopefully a quick question: how do we get our exhibitor badges? Do they get mailed out in advance like the regular attendee badges, or do we have to pick them up somewhere? If so, where?

Thanks!

edited March 2012
    Hopefully a quick question: how do we get our exhibitor badges? Do they get mailed out in advance like the regular attendee badges, or do we have to pick them up somewhere? If so, where?

Thanks!

You should contact your Exhibitor contact at Reed Expo.

We don't have any information about media or exhibitor badges.

Edit: Smalls rules and moe drools.

SmallLady on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2012
    You need to speak with the person you've been dealing with on the exhibition end to find out about exhibitor badges.

edit: i hate you smalls

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    Last year I stayed at a hotel not on the PAX site, but there was another PAX-approved hotel around the corner with shuttle service. They were more than happy to take my friends and I along for the ride. In fact, Sunday morning, nobody from the official-PAX-hotel came down for the shuttle, and he just took my friends and I to the convention center by ourselves, even though he knew we weren't from that hotel. And he kept using the microphone even though the four of us were sitting 2 feet behind him. He was cool.

gerafin wrote: »
    Last year I stayed at a hotel not on the PAX site, but there was another PAX-approved hotel around the corner with shuttle service. They were more than happy to take my friends and I along for the ride. In fact, Sunday morning, nobody from the official-PAX-hotel came down for the shuttle, and he just took my friends and I to the convention center by ourselves, even though he knew we weren't from that hotel. And he kept using the microphone even though the four of us were sitting 2 feet behind him. He was cool.

yeah, since the shuttle is provided by pax and not the hotel, it makes sense that they'd be happy to give a lift to anyone going to pax.

7YIpfE5.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I know this may seem like a really random question - but if a group of people start to cause problems at a panel, the enforcers have the right to remove them right?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    I know this may seem like a really random question - but if a group of people start to cause problems at a panel, the enforcers have the right to remove them right?

yes

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

yes

Thanks! Glad to hear that. :)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to see the whole map of the BCEC?

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to see the whole map of the BCEC?

Soon! :P

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Is anyone having issues loading the map of the Expo hall? It won't load on my netbook. Keeps trying to load the Pax prime map.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
    Is anyone having issues loading the map of the Expo hall? It won't load on my netbook. Keeps trying to load the Pax prime map.

I've heard some folks have had issues loading it. They're working on fixing it.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    zerzhul wrote:

I agree about being a hotel guest. But about badges, it would be essential to bring your badge anyway since you will need it at the door. For those picking up their badge at will-call, I would hope you will still be able to take the shuttle. If asked, explain to the driver your badge is at will-call. If hassled, please come to Info Desk and let us know or email [email protected].

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote:

I agree about being a hotel guest. But about badges, it would be essential to bring your badge anyway since you will need it at the door. For those picking up their badge at will-call, I would hope you will still be able to take the shuttle. If asked, explain to the driver your badge is at will-call. If hassled, please come to Info Desk and let us know or email [email protected].

Good point, I didn't think about the will-call angle for the shuttles. Guess they'll likely just take you regardless :P

• jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote:
    In theory, the following GVoice phone number will ring the phone at Info Desk Friday-Sunday too:
    224-5PAX-HLP (224-572-8457)

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
    edited September 2013
    ----

DaltonCarl on
  • Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Are any of the rest of you that are attending Hams? I'm gonna be bringing my HT with me, and wouldn't mind having a talk-in frequency for the weekend.

My husband and I are both Hams, but despite having our licenses for over a decade (and dutifully renewing them when they were about to expire), we have never gotten around to buying a radio. We really should do that one of these days.....