As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East Schedule is live!

1235»

• Options
    waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This new site is beautiful. Everything is lot easier to find!

I've still been updating my spreadsheet, despite nicer ones and dang, this new awesome site which is so nice to read and find everything.
    I made changes to match the color codes of the theaters, and added the new spaces/theaters like PC tourney, etc. I've also opened up editing in case anyone else wants to help out when new events are listed (I've saved a back up, just in case something is accidentally deleted).

waterbottles on
  • Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    just checked out the new site, looks nice. saw the PC tournaments were posted on the schedule... so far only 3? that cant be the complete list... no TF2? Tournament organizers, please get a TF2 tournament in there again, last year was a blast... we had over 20 teams!

• Options
    GammaGamma [E] PC BYOC Manager CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    thr4sher wrote: »
    just checked out the new site, looks nice. saw the PC tournaments were posted on the schedule... so far only 3? that cant be the complete list... no TF2? Tournament organizers, please get a TF2 tournament in there again, last year was a blast... we had over 20 teams!

Would be awesome to have TF2 again this East. Possible late night Minecraft scavenger hunt again like we did at PAX Prime if that tickles your fancy.

Gamma on
  • Options
    mijit88mijit88 Registered User regular
    We def need to get some more pc tourneys going! at least tf2, looking forward to my first pax and playing in a bunch of tourneys, only 3 on pc would kinda be a let down...

• Options
    Gamma wrote: »
    Would be awesome to have TF2 again this East. Possible late night Minecraft scavenger hunt again like we did at PAX Prime if that tickles your fancy.

minecraft scavenger hunt sounds interesting, but yeah.... TF2 is a must! its always a big draw at pax east, and as of right now there are no FPS pc tournaments. there are a ton of console and table top tournaments. so far only 3 PC tournaments... def need some TF2 in there. i see ur a PC deputy... can you maybe contact the tournament organizers and suggest it?

• Options
    GrimmTrixXGrimmTrixX Registered User regular
    So.. any more info on all of these tournaments? like rules and maps and such? I placed 4th last year in Pacman DX and was looking to try again but i need to know which level to practice. Also which perfect Dark and which Doom? I assume XBLA versions but is it confirmed? I assume puzzle bobble is just vs mode as well. I love the new site interface but last year they gave all this specific info on tournaments

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    GrimmTrixX wrote: »
    So.. any more info on all of these tournaments? like rules and maps and such? I placed 4th last year in Pacman DX and was looking to try again but i need to know which level to practice. Also which perfect Dark and which Doom? I assume XBLA versions but is it confirmed? I assume puzzle bobble is just vs mode as well. I love the new site interface but last year they gave all this specific info on tournaments

Specific tournament info is usually posted on the forums by one of the Enforcers running the tournaments. They likely don't have all the info compiled yet, else it would be posted.

• Options
    ahh ok cool. last year i didnt check til aruond this time and they had it up already so didnt know. thanks. i look forward to finding out so i can practice on pacman like last year

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    spiderz13 wrote: »
    Thanks for the excel spreadsheet.

Isn't there usually a "Gabe and Tycho" signing on Sunday? I checked our current schedule but I don't see anything for it. Is this an error or will be announced closer to the event?

Time/place for that will likely be given closer or at the event. I doubt they've removed it.

And now it's official:
    SUNDAY
    Gabe/Tycho Signing (Mike/Jerry)
    Queue Room. 3:30p - 4:30p

Did this get changed to 11am? That's what is says on the site but the scheduled I printed out still says 3:30.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    blargh come on! get tournament info up already! only 2 weeks away and i dont want to be practicing on the wrong games or wrong levels! lol

• Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    spiderz13 wrote: »
    Thanks for the excel spreadsheet.

Isn't there usually a "Gabe and Tycho" signing on Sunday? I checked our current schedule but I don't see anything for it. Is this an error or will be announced closer to the event?

Time/place for that will likely be given closer or at the event. I doubt they've removed it.

And now it's official:
    SUNDAY
    Gabe/Tycho Signing (Mike/Jerry)
    Queue Room. 3:30p - 4:30p

Did this get changed to 11am? That's what is says on the site but the scheduled I printed out still says 3:30.

The schedule is fluid, it's possible that it changed.

• Options
    if the schedule is fluid, can we get a TF2 tournament in there?

;)

seriously tho... only 3 PC tournaments, we need TF2!

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    thr4sher wrote: »
    if the schedule is fluid, can we get a TF2 tournament in there?

;)

seriously tho... only 3 PC tournaments, we need TF2!

Stop spamming the thread asking for a TF2 tournament.

If its not up on the schedule its unlikely to show up. It was probably decided to not have one cause its been a tournament at every single PAX for the last few years.

There will be lots of sponsored things going on in PC Freeplay & BYOC this year, there might be a small TF2 thing going on, will just have to wait and see. Its unlikely to be a full on tournament though.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    fluffyanimalsfluffyanimals Registered User new member
    Gotta be honest, I'm quite disappointed with the lack of a TF2 tournament (after what I've heard about some recent years at PAX; this will be my first time attending) since that was actually a big part of what I've been hoping to see at PAX this year. I'm really hoping that the schedule changes to incorporate a TF2 tournament (even if it's highlander given how popular that's been recently with the UGC league) or some kind of shooter on PC (seeing as there are none right now listed). Even if it's just something that has to happen in the BYOC it'd be excellent to see but it truly is depressing to find zero FPS's on PC this year (although seeing stuff like a Goldeneye tournament sounds like a great deal of fun, and many of the events/panels listed sound absolutely fantastic to attend). All in all I'm quite excited about PAX but am hoping that some of the higher-ups change their mind about a TF2 tournament since surely I can't be the only one who was looking forward to that as part of a good reason for wanting to fly out to PAX (among other things).

• Options
    There are /things/ going on that cant be talked about yet.

Don't waste your time getting all up in arms over lack of TF2/fps :P You probably wont be disappointed, although it wont be a full on tournament, its not being abandoned.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Is the lack of a tournament really that big a deal? Maybe it's because I could give two shits less about competitive gaming on the whole, but it's a huge ass LAN where there's bound to be a bunch of people playing games like TF2 and such anyway. I mean, it's a LAN. At a convention. With a shit ton of people.

Just because they don't have a tournament planned doesn't mean those games aren't going to be played. So is it really THAT BIG of a deal? Just find people on the network to play with and have fun (isn't that supposed to be the point?).

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I could give two shits less about competitive gaming on the whole

You aren't alone :P

• Options
    mijit88mijit88 Registered User regular
    I am just disappointed in the fact that this is my first pax and I was hoping it was like past years with a bunch of pc fun stuff going on and so far it doesnt look like pc is the focus anymore... i just hope its not a letdown

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    mijit88 wrote: »
    I am just disappointed in the fact that this is my first pax and I was hoping it was like past years with a bunch of pc fun stuff going on and so far it doesnt look like pc is the focus anymore... i just hope its not a letdown

PC was never the "Focus" of PAX. PAX has always been about touching all genres of gaming.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »

PC was never the "Focus" of PAX. PAX has always been about touching all genres of gaming.

I've been strictly a PC gamer for so long that I am actually looking forward to getting back into/learning new board/card games.

• Options

There is a ton of PC stuff going on that's not in the schedule. Its being done by sponsors. They might have a schedule posted in front of the PC room but its unknown at this point.

Also the PC room has never been the focus of PAX.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    The focus of PAX has always been gamers of all sorts, be they video or tabletop, PC or console. It's just the idea that a bunch of people that enjoy games have a place to go and be with others of their kind.

PC gaming is just a part of that, and given Tycho's history as a PC gamer (at least, that's what I glean from the comic and his blogs), I doubt it'll be going away soon.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm picking up on some catty elitism with the direction this thread has gone. :/ Gaming as a whole has always been the focus of PAX. Additionally, at least to me, some of the coolest and most welcoming people I've ever encountered in my life seems to be a focus of PAX.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Let's get back on topic... This is a thread to discuss the schedule of events on http://east.paxsite.com

zerzhul on