As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] PA Deathwatch detachment collaboration project

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    That head doesn't have a lower jaw, but if you like it, go for it.

I'm asking if you want it. I was just perusing their website and saw it. I can just as easily pick you up something from bitzbarn. http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/images/IMG_7549.JPG if you prefer it.

I do prefer it.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty ambiguous vote broski.

Tech Deck then. :)

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I'm back. Tech deck looks awesome, yo. Go for it.

Do these shoulderpads look good to you?

Aahahahha yes.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I'll mail the model to you and if you want to add someone to the end of the hammer you're more than welcome to.

Fair enough. I might do experiments with holding up plastic models. You may find a couple of guys and some extra magnets in the box when it comes back.

On the subject of shipping I just realised we hadn't discussed anything. I understand you were planning to ship internationally, but is shipping to Japan likely to be a problem?

Wouldn't see why it would be? I've shipped internationally before, it's usually like 5-10 bucks. The packages are going to be mucho small.

I don't ship much internationally, but everything I have shipped has ended up costing a fair bit. Admittedly, they were bigger packages than this is likely to be but I have no idea how well shipping scales down. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be causing nasty last minute surprises.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    I do prefer it.

Got it, no problemo.
    Aahahahha yes.

What's with the giggles, lady-boy?
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I don't ship much internationally, but everything I have shipped has ended up costing a fair bit. Admittedly, they were bigger packages than this is likely to be but I have no idea how well shipping scales down. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be causing nasty last minute surprises.

If it ends up being a lot I'll pad the hit.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Those shoulderpads are awesome, of course.

makosig.jpg
  • Options

Would you prefer blank ones to freehand?

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    @Dayspring - This shoulderpad. This harness for the heavy bolter (I'll be replacing the beamer with the bolter).

The harness looks good but I don't like the shoulder much.
    How about this one? Shave off the skull and I'll try freehanding an Iron Hands symbol onto the cog.
    You could try and track down one of the GW Iron Hands shoulder pads but honestly they're old and not too great.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options

Would you prefer blank ones to freehand?
    Hell no. I love these. I'm not being sarcastic!

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Man it's crazy how much better you feel after a full night of sleep rather than going off 45min-2hrs. Unless something crazy happens I should get a lot done tonight cleaning things up and organizing.
    Dayspring wrote: »
    The harness looks good but I don't like the shoulder much.
    How about this one? Shave off the skull and I'll try freehanding an Iron Hands symbol onto the cog.
    You could try and track down one of the GW Iron Hands shoulder pads but honestly they're old and not too great.

Yeah that fist is kinda sketchy. This one is very similar to the one you linked, but with a plated shoulder style. I can fill in the center if you like that plating style better.
    Hell no. I love these. I'm not being sarcastic!

Damn the internet and it's lack of sarcasm detector!

• Options
    MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    My vote is actually for the Sanctuary bases, but Tech Deck works for me no problem.

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • Options
    Looks like it's a sweep for Tech Deck bases. I'll have them painted darker so it looks more like the inside of a space hulk. Maybe add some skulls/40k bitz.

New topic, Terminator gents particularly (That's @Chrysis, @Ken O, @Frothulhu, @J, @Custom Special, @Altmann, and @Saluksic) we need to decide on what to do for your DW pads. Being terminators you can't use the standard metal DW pads I'm using for the rest of the folks. I've found two pads that would work.

shoulderpads_skeleton_01.jpg
    845932714850.jpg

Obviously the ornate ones I'd modify to have an =I= instead of the gothic cross. My main concern is that they're not all identical and they're overly ornate. The bottom ones would need scriptwork either painted on or carved into them.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    FUUUU... I already put that pad on my guy.

What else do i need to decide on?

I considered doing a grey knight pad since they look so inquisitiony. What do I need to wait for?

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    altmann wrote: »
    FUUUU... I already put that pad on my guy.

What else do i need to decide on?

I considered doing a grey knight pad since they look so inquisitiony. What do I need to wait for?

If you're building it yourself you won't need a base, and we'll figure out the shoulderpad situation. Beyond that, it's on you, although I'd appreciate pics so we can all talk shit about your inability to follow directions for painting him in chapter colors instead of black and putting the =I= shoulderpad on his right arm.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @TraceofToxin I like the second pad better. More uniform, but it has some blank space to make each one unique. I do feel like the blank area does need something though, it would be bland just leaving it as-is. Even just slapping a purity seal on one or both sides would add alot.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    @TraceofToxin I like the second pad better. More uniform, but it has some blank space to make each one unique. I do feel like the blank area does need something though, it would be bland just leaving it as-is. Even just slapping a purity seal on one or both sides would add alot.

It's supposed to have scriptwork, like the metal power armored one does. You guys will either have to paint it on or I can sculpt it on.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    If you can pull it off, sculpted would look way cooler.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    If you can pull it off, sculpted would look way cooler.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing a think layer of GS over it and carving it in. It's only 7 pads so I think I could manage it without killing myself.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    @Matev - YOU WANT THIS? DO YOU? YES NO? YES NO?

I can't hit Y hard/fast enough.

Also, Storm Bolter SoB is perfectly fine, thanks. :)

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Sweet on both counts.

Super sweet.

Like delicious candy.

Yummy candy in my hand,
    Makes me miss my candyland.
    Playing games with my friends,
    Hope the good time never ends.

Free of charge, that one.

• Options
    Does my poem come with the model? 'Cause you better not forget it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Does my poem come with the model? 'Cause you better not forget it.

I'll print it out and put it in the box.

I might even steal find fancy certificate paper for you folks.

• Options
    I put the shoulderpad on his head. THERE.

(ps. I may have purchased an entire box of terminators just for that shoulderpad :P)

signature.png
  • Options
    You don't have to lie man. You may have justified it by saying that, but we all know you bought it because you like codpieces.

• Options
    @TheLawinator - Were you still doing a Son of Dorn or a black templar? Cause we've got a BT in the squad already, but if you're dead set on it, no big deal.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I love that all the skeletons on those shoulder pads are just kind of hanging out, reading books, just generally being the least threatening skeletons ever. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only afternoon tea.

• Options
    Yeah, think I'll scratch those pads and go with the standard =I= ones.

I still like those though!

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    It would be funny to GS some monocles on all of them though. Maybe for the PA NPRwatch collaboration project.

• Options
    So ToT

Can I just use my damn =I= pad I already put on there?

OK GREAT. THANKS.

signature.png
  • Options
    altmann wrote: »
    So ToT

Can I just use my damn =I= pad I already put on there?

OK GREAT. THANKS.

NO. YOU CAN'T.

YOU NEED ONE FROM ME.

BECAUSE I'M HAVING THEM BLESSED BY THE ECCLESIARCHY.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Yeah that fist is kinda sketchy. This one is very similar to the one you linked, but with a plated shoulder style. I can fill in the center if you like that plating style better.

Yeah, ok. That works for me!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    @TheLawinator - Were you still doing a Son of Dorn or a black templar? Cause we've got a BT in the squad already, but if you're dead set on it, no big deal.

Well yea, that's why I figured I'd set him apart as a chaplain. What do you think? I could swap his chapter.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Traceo, I like the ones on the bottom.

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Post McDouble! And I want my models blessed by the real-life pope. Because he probably hates Xenos, too.

saluksic on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Yeah so I'm not actually going to have time to participate in this.

Sorry everyone :(

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    @Asher - You leave a tiny hole in my soul man, in my soul...

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • Options
    What? One mans? Alones in the universe? Is too much to paint? Shoot. I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    @TraceofToxin Just FYI, I picked up a few sets of the DW metal shoulder pads for my stupid copycat army, so I won't need one from you. Of course that means that I will also have some WIP pics to share early next week.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

I actually have left over Salamander pads from ForgeWorld, so if you leave the pad off the right arm on my I can add it when you ship it.
    Also, sorry that took so long. I'm not usually on the computer Sunday and Monday.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options

Well yea, that's why I figured I'd set him apart as a chaplain. What do you think? I could swap his chapter.

It'd make more sense for him to be Black Templar, although that doubles up the BT in that unit. If you want we could swap you down into the interceptor squad and just give him a normal sized crozius? Up to you, I'm not going to fuss.
    saluksic wrote: »
    Traceo, I like the ones on the bottom.

@Saluksic - Do these shoulderpads look good to you?
    Asher wrote: »
    Yeah so I'm not actually going to have time to participate in this.

Sorry everyone :(

It's all good man, sorry to hear it, hope everything is good in Asher world.

@Naile - This means your up. Depending on whether or not Lawinator goes interceptor, you'll either have a hammer Paladin or a sword interceptor. Take a look at the op to see the chapter spread and let me know what you're thinking.
    Nealneal wrote: »
    @TraceofToxin Just FYI, I picked up a few sets of the DW metal shoulder pads for my stupid copycat army, so I won't need one from you. Of course that means that I will also have some WIP pics to share early next week.

[cue Top Gun confrontation]Nealneal, you're a fucking rebel, man. You're dangerous. [/cue]
    Ken O wrote: »

I actually have left over Salamander pads from ForgeWorld, so if you leave the pad off the right arm on my I can add it when you ship it.
    Also, sorry that took so long. I'm not usually on the computer Sunday and Monday.

Good, not a big fan of a lot of their Salamander shit. Just wanted to link things in case people needed them.

It's all good broheim. I'm sort of starting to set deadlines and shit so I'm picking up the pace.

@Everyone - Going with the standard Term =I= pad for the left shoulder. Any of you terminator folks who HAVE one already please let me know, as these are kind of a pain in the ass to get your hands on.