Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX East 2012 BYOC Info/FAQ - Post-Event Feedback starts on page 14

17810121315

Posts

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    mpizzi wrote: »
    That is my only purpose is to use it on floor zero for the lan party, i dont plan on using it anywhere else but there.
    Im assuming that is cool right?

    That is what I said in my last post.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I bought 2 seats. Since I have 4 Power Jacks available and the total cannot be over 7 AMPS, is it okay to connect my PC, Two Monitors and One Headphone Amp to the power jacks?

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I bought 2 seats. Since I have 4 Power Jacks available and the total cannot be over 7 AMPS, is it okay to connect my PC, Two Monitors and One Headphone Amp to the power jacks?

    Yes, as long as you dont go over your power draw its fine.

    Also make sure you sit where both seats are on the same power circuit. If you have questions about this ask me at the event.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Would you recommend bringing locks for our cases, monitors and peripherals?
    and also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?

    Jonoseel on
    Pax Prime Stuff: 4 Day Badges[x]; BYOC Badge[ ]; Flights[ ]; Hotel[ ]; Uber[x];
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Would you recommend bringing locks for our cases, monitors and peripherals?
    and also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?

    I ALWAYS lock my stuff up at any LAN. Pax has great security, but its always better to be safe than sorry. Personally I use security screws on my case which require a special tool to remove, this will make sure nobody tried to open ur case and swipe a video card or something. I also highly recommend using a laptop lock. You can lock down an entire PC/monitor with just one laptop lock. Most LCDs have a spot in the back for you to lock them down with a laptop lock, so what I do is secure the cable to the case first by looping it thu itself (if your case has a built in handle, or holes in the back for water cooling tubes you can use that to secure the cable to the case). Then I wrap the cable around a table leg a couple times and secure it to the back of the monitor. Nobody will be walking off with any of your gear that way =)

    as for the distance to the BYOC room from the parking lot... last year it was a pain. There is a bus that takes you from the parking lot around to the entrance but it was quite a haul. Im bringing a little $20 luggage cart I picked up at walmart to move my gear this time.

  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Do I need to bring my AMP meter or is there one already there?

    How will I know I am not exceeding power?

    Also, my headphone amp use an obnoxious power brick. Is there enough room to accommodate said brick?

    Tichinde925 on
  • VapokVapok [E] PC Room Deputy Manager BostonRegistered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?
    thr4sher wrote: »
    as for the distance to the BYOC room from the parking lot... last year it was a pain. There is a bus that takes you from the parking lot around to the entrance but it was quite a haul. Im bringing a little $20 luggage cart I picked up at walmart to move my gear this time.

    The BYOC room is /NOT/ in the same location as last year. It will be on Level 0 / Expo Hall B1 on the West side of the building. This provides several pro's, one of them being that you'll have access to drive up to the loading dock area on Friday morning, and walk your equipment directly into the PC Room without having to go all over creation. Sunday Afternoon will be a bit different, but we still plan on using the loading dock (just might have to walk a tad bit further).

    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok - PAX PC Room Deputy Manager - PAX Security
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    Just finished this and I will be bringing it along with the Link Pc. It's only a cell phone dock but I am sure people will get kick out of it :D
    Or it will bring back horrible memories of house explosions...

    tDBUe.jpg

    R2Gw6.jpg

  • sarysary 100% pure awesomesauce manchester, nhRegistered User regular
    ok, so. checkin is starting at 8a on friday. which would normally be fine, causing no problems other than the fact that i'd have to actually see that thing they call "morning" to get a prime seat.

    BUT I was just informed I need to be at the info booth at 830a on friday for official Omeganaut biz-nezz. and who knows how long that'll take.

    so i beg for advice - how do i:

    - avoid seemingly having to lug my BYOC stuff around the entirety of the BCEC
    - get a prime seat (next to my friend brian and flatline (and i think flatline's friend is going to be there too) besides)
    AND
    - be on time for the Omega-meeting?

    normally i wouldn't be adverse to bending time and/or space, but, wouldn't you know it, BOTH my TARDIS and time turner are in the shop. sooooo.... suggestions?

    Twitter: @seryseraphical

    PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    sary wrote: »
    ok, so. checkin is starting at 8a on friday. which would normally be fine, causing no problems other than the fact that i'd have to actually see that thing they call "morning" to get a prime seat.

    BUT I was just informed I need to be at the info booth at 830a on friday for official Omeganaut biz-nezz. and who knows how long that'll take.

    so i beg for advice - how do i:

    - avoid seemingly having to lug my BYOC stuff around the entirety of the BCEC
    - get a prime seat (next to my friend brian and flatline (and i think flatline's friend is going to be there too) besides)
    AND
    - be on time for the Omega-meeting?

    normally i wouldn't be adverse to bending time and/or space, but, wouldn't you know it, BOTH my TARDIS and time turner are in the shop. sooooo.... suggestions?

    I would guess that given your Omega-commitments, the BYOC Security team would likely help you get in as early as possible. As far as seating goes... I'm not sure what the minimum is for group seating, but I would think group seating would be available soon if they're still doing group seating this year.

  • jrdobbsjrdobbs Registered User regular
    If this is the floor plan, where exactly are you talking about?
    Vapok wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?
    thr4sher wrote: »
    as for the distance to the BYOC room from the parking lot... last year it was a pain. There is a bus that takes you from the parking lot around to the entrance but it was quite a haul. Im bringing a little $20 luggage cart I picked up at walmart to move my gear this time.

    The BYOC room is /NOT/ in the same location as last year. It will be on Level 0 / Expo Hall B1 on the West side of the building. This provides several pro's, one of them being that you'll have access to drive up to the loading dock area on Friday morning, and walk your equipment directly into the PC Room without having to go all over creation. Sunday Afternoon will be a bit different, but we still plan on using the loading dock (just might have to walk a tad bit further).

    Get Slack

    JR
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    jrdobbs wrote: »
    If this is the floor plan, where exactly are you talking about?
    Vapok wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?
    thr4sher wrote: »
    as for the distance to the BYOC room from the parking lot... last year it was a pain. There is a bus that takes you from the parking lot around to the entrance but it was quite a haul. Im bringing a little $20 luggage cart I picked up at walmart to move my gear this time.

    The BYOC room is /NOT/ in the same location as last year. It will be on Level 0 / Expo Hall B1 on the West side of the building. This provides several pro's, one of them being that you'll have access to drive up to the loading dock area on Friday morning, and walk your equipment directly into the PC Room without having to go all over creation. Sunday Afternoon will be a bit different, but we still plan on using the loading dock (just might have to walk a tad bit further).

    See where it says "loading dock" on The Exhibit level? See Expo Hall B1? It will be on the side that is towards the "west service road".

  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    sary wrote: »
    ok, so. checkin is starting at 8a on friday. which would normally be fine, causing no problems other than the fact that i'd have to actually see that thing they call "morning" to get a prime seat.

    BUT I was just informed I need to be at the info booth at 830a on friday for official Omeganaut biz-nezz. and who knows how long that'll take.

    so i beg for advice - how do i:

    - avoid seemingly having to lug my BYOC stuff around the entirety of the BCEC
    - get a prime seat (next to my friend brian and flatline (and i think flatline's friend is going to be there too) besides)
    AND
    - be on time for the Omega-meeting?

    normally i wouldn't be adverse to bending time and/or space, but, wouldn't you know it, BOTH my TARDIS and time turner are in the shop. sooooo.... suggestions?

    I would guess that given your Omega-commitments, the BYOC Security team would likely help you get in as early as possible. As far as seating goes... I'm not sure what the minimum is for group seating, but I would think group seating would be available soon if they're still doing group seating this year.

    The minimum is 6, though I don't think they're accepting groups yet. I've been eagerly awaiting the announcement to submit group info.

    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Hotel [X] Travel Approved [X] BYOC Pass [ ] 3-day PAX pass [X]
    East Buttoneering? - Buttons in progress...
    brigadebanner2013.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    sary wrote: »
    ok, so. checkin is starting at 8a on friday. which would normally be fine, causing no problems other than the fact that i'd have to actually see that thing they call "morning" to get a prime seat.

    BUT I was just informed I need to be at the info booth at 830a on friday for official Omeganaut biz-nezz. and who knows how long that'll take.

    so i beg for advice - how do i:

    - avoid seemingly having to lug my BYOC stuff around the entirety of the BCEC
    - get a prime seat (next to my friend brian and flatline (and i think flatline's friend is going to be there too) besides)
    AND
    - be on time for the Omega-meeting?

    normally i wouldn't be adverse to bending time and/or space, but, wouldn't you know it, BOTH my TARDIS and time turner are in the shop. sooooo.... suggestions?

    I would guess that given your Omega-commitments, the BYOC Security team would likely help you get in as early as possible. As far as seating goes... I'm not sure what the minimum is for group seating, but I would think group seating would be available soon if they're still doing group seating this year.

    The minimum is 6, though I don't think they're accepting groups yet. I've been eagerly awaiting the announcement to submit group info.

    I am working on this, waiting on one thing first.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • VapokVapok [E] PC Room Deputy Manager BostonRegistered User regular
    sary wrote: »
    ok, so. checkin is starting at 8a on friday. which would normally be fine, causing no problems other than the fact that i'd have to actually see that thing they call "morning" to get a prime seat.

    BUT I was just informed I need to be at the info booth at 830a on friday for official Omeganaut biz-nezz. and who knows how long that'll take.

    so i beg for advice - how do i:

    - avoid seemingly having to lug my BYOC stuff around the entirety of the BCEC
    - get a prime seat (next to my friend brian and flatline (and i think flatline's friend is going to be there too) besides)
    AND
    - be on time for the Omega-meeting?

    normally i wouldn't be adverse to bending time and/or space, but, wouldn't you know it, BOTH my TARDIS and time turner are in the shop. sooooo.... suggestions?

    Check your private messages. =)

    -Vapok

    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok - PAX PC Room Deputy Manager - PAX Security
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    so question... a friend of mine just got a 3-day pass off of someone he knows who is now unable to go. he really wants to come for the BYOC. the registration on the lanfest page is closed now, but the registration list shows a bunch of people still unpaid. if those people dont pay by a certain time will their seats become available again? if they do become available will the registration re-open on the lanfest page in order to sell them?

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    thr4sher wrote: »
    so question... a friend of mine just got a 3-day pass off of someone he knows who is now unable to go. he really wants to come for the BYOC. the registration on the lanfest page is closed now, but the registration list shows a bunch of people still unpaid. if those people dont pay by a certain time will their seats become available again? if they do become available will the registration re-open on the lanfest page in order to sell them?

    Nope, unpaid people don't count toward the total or tickets sold number. You have to pay to get a seat (Just like a concert...) Registration is closed.

    If there is enough noshows there is a slight possibility we could sell BYOC passes at the door but that is very unlikely.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • jrdobbsjrdobbs Registered User regular
    It was not obvious that there was a room in that area. I only see rooms 050, 051 and 052A/B in the southeast corner. Is a room being partitioned on the main exhibit hall floor?
    zerzhul wrote: »
    jrdobbs wrote: »
    If this is the floor plan, where exactly are you talking about?
    Vapok wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?
    thr4sher wrote: »
    as for the distance to the BYOC room from the parking lot... last year it was a pain. There is a bus that takes you from the parking lot around to the entrance but it was quite a haul. Im bringing a little $20 luggage cart I picked up at walmart to move my gear this time.

    The BYOC room is /NOT/ in the same location as last year. It will be on Level 0 / Expo Hall B1 on the West side of the building. This provides several pro's, one of them being that you'll have access to drive up to the loading dock area on Friday morning, and walk your equipment directly into the PC Room without having to go all over creation. Sunday Afternoon will be a bit different, but we still plan on using the loading dock (just might have to walk a tad bit further).

    See where it says "loading dock" on The Exhibit level? See Expo Hall B1? It will be on the side that is towards the "west service road".

    Get Slack

    JR
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    jrdobbs wrote: »
    It was not obvious that there was a room in that area. I only see rooms 050, 051 and 052A/B in the southeast corner. Is a room being partitioned on the main exhibit hall floor?
    zerzhul wrote: »
    jrdobbs wrote: »
    If this is the floor plan, where exactly are you talking about?
    Vapok wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    also how far is it to walk from parking to BYOC room, like for when carrying our equipment?
    thr4sher wrote: »
    as for the distance to the BYOC room from the parking lot... last year it was a pain. There is a bus that takes you from the parking lot around to the entrance but it was quite a haul. Im bringing a little $20 luggage cart I picked up at walmart to move my gear this time.

    The BYOC room is /NOT/ in the same location as last year. It will be on Level 0 / Expo Hall B1 on the West side of the building. This provides several pro's, one of them being that you'll have access to drive up to the loading dock area on Friday morning, and walk your equipment directly into the PC Room without having to go all over creation. Sunday Afternoon will be a bit different, but we still plan on using the loading dock (just might have to walk a tad bit further).

    See where it says "loading dock" on The Exhibit level? See Expo Hall B1? It will be on the side that is towards the "west service road".

    Yes, space is being partitioned off from the Expo Hall B1.

  • nollienollie Registered User
    edited March 2012
    I'm having the same problem as I'm in the omegathon too, but I think i'm already down for group seating with the 8-bit chips so would that resolve the problem? Would I be able to have a seat saved for if I check in a bit later?
    sary wrote: »
    ok, so. checkin is starting at 8a on friday. which would normally be fine, causing no problems other than the fact that i'd have to actually see that thing they call "morning" to get a prime seat.

    BUT I was just informed I need to be at the info booth at 830a on friday for official Omeganaut biz-nezz. and who knows how long that'll take.

    so i beg for advice - how do i:

    - avoid seemingly having to lug my BYOC stuff around the entirety of the BCEC
    - get a prime seat (next to my friend brian and flatline (and i think flatline's friend is going to be there too) besides)
    AND
    - be on time for the Omega-meeting?

    normally i wouldn't be adverse to bending time and/or space, but, wouldn't you know it, BOTH my TARDIS and time turner are in the shop. sooooo.... suggestions?

    nollie on
    Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
    Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
  • VapokVapok [E] PC Room Deputy Manager BostonRegistered User regular
    nollie wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as I'm in the omegathon too, but I think i'm already down for group seating with the cookie brigade so would that resolve the problem? Would I be able to have a seat saved for if I check in a bit later?

    nollie, if you're in Group Seating already, your seat will be reserved in the area of your group. However, if you're worried about it, feel free to come find me early on Friday morning after 7am, but before 8am, and we'll make sure you're good to go. =)

    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok - PAX PC Room Deputy Manager - PAX Security
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    nollie wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as I'm in the omegathon too, but I think i'm already down for group seating with the 8-Bit Chips so would that resolve the problem? Would I be able to have a seat saved for if I check in a bit later?

    I probably have you down for 8-Bit Chips, please check our website and verify I have the appropriate name to use when I submit the list to BigRed.

    ransim on
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Hotel [X] Travel Approved [X] BYOC Pass [ ] 3-day PAX pass [X]
    East Buttoneering? - Buttons in progress...
    brigadebanner2013.png
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I am scurred that I might go over 7 AMPs. BF3 says 5.53 AMPs but you never know :(

    I can host LAN Servers with no worries!

    Yay!

    318179_10150679457933418_538333417_9109133_1914462099_n.jpg

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am scurred that I might go over 7 AMPs. BF3 says 5.53 AMPs but you never know :(

    Just dont run folding while playing BF3 and you should be fine :P

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • nollienollie Registered User
    Vapok wrote: »
    nollie, if you're in Group Seating already, your seat will be reserved in the area of your group. However, if you're worried about it, feel free to come find me early on Friday morning after 7am, but before 8am, and we'll make sure you're good to go. =)

    alrighty tyvm :D

    Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
    Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Only 15 days. Excited as hell for BYOC.

    brigadebanner2013.png

    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] BYOC Pass [X] 3-day PAX pass [X]
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    so did the group seating open up yet? ive got quite a large group =)

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    thr4sher wrote: »
    so did the group seating open up yet? ive got quite a large group =)

    According to the first post... it hasnt :P check back late tonight.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Group seating is up! gogogo!

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • benswimmingbenswimming Registered User regular
    "The Titanic Swim Team" represent!

    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • jugernughtjugernught Registered User regular
    Hey, looking for at least 2 individuals to complete group for the group seating. I have 2 seats and currently have 'jarhed' and '>/dev/null' as well that makes four. PM me at jugernught@gmail.com. Thanks

  • mijit88mijit88 Registered User regular
    did group seating close already?
    if not i have a group i need to add...

  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nvidia just released there GTX 680 today and i just bought EVGA times two to go in my case that going to BYOC cant wait to put them to action.


    QUESTION:
    what time is will call on Thursday?

    Jonoseel on
    Pax Prime Stuff: 4 Day Badges[x]; BYOC Badge[ ]; Flights[ ]; Hotel[ ]; Uber[x];
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    mijit88 wrote: »
    did group seating close already?
    if not i have a group i need to add...

    It just went up yesterday :P Not closed yet. It will likely close the Tuesday before PAX.
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Nvidia just released there GTX 680 today and i just bought ASUS times two to go in my case that going to BYOC cant wait to put them to action.


    QUESTION:
    what time is will call on Thursday?

    I hate you so much right now :P

    I wanted to get one but I will be short on cash until after PAX is done with. My bar tabs runneth over!

    I will find out times for willcall for you.
    Edit: eta for that will be tomorrow, need to ask during EST business hours.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    BigRed wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Nvidia just released there GTX 680 today and i just bought ASUS times two to go in my case that going to BYOC cant wait to put them to action.
    I hate you so much right now :P

    I wanted to get one but I will be short on cash until after PAX is done with. My bar tabs runneth over!
    I hear ya, man... the reason I didn't order one today is I need to pay off all the climbing gear and gym membership I just purchased. Also the bar tabs.

    Oh well, perhaps when Ivy Bridge comes out and I've had a chance to save up a bit... it will be glorious!

    hendusoone on
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Question:

    Are we aloud monitors arms/supports that clamp on to the tables?

    Pax Prime Stuff: 4 Day Badges[x]; BYOC Badge[ ]; Flights[ ]; Hotel[ ]; Uber[x];
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Question:

    Are we aloud monitors arms/supports that clamp on to the tables?

    In the past we have not allowed this due to possible damage to the tables which are not PAX property. Plus they don't work on most convention center tables, not enough table for them to clamp onto cause theres usually a metal ledge 1" inward.

    Just re-attach the base :)

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Question:

    Are we aloud monitors arms/supports that clamp on to the tables?

    In the past we have not allowed this due to possible damage to the tables which are not PAX property. Plus they don't work on most convention center tables, not enough table for them to clamp onto cause theres usually a metal ledge 1" inward.

    Just re-attach the base :)

    Ok i will do that

    also are we aloud more than one monitor just as long as we can fit in our 36inch space?

    Pax Prime Stuff: 4 Day Badges[x]; BYOC Badge[ ]; Flights[ ]; Hotel[ ]; Uber[x];
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Ok i will do that

    also are we aloud more than one monitor just as long as we can fit in our 36inch space?

    No.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    btw, we will be at registration on Thursday 8am-8pm for BYOC badge pickup. If you are unable to grab your BYOC badge then, you will have to get it at PC Security when you check your stuff into BYOC :)

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
Sign In or Register to comment.