As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Hotel Discussion Thread *Westin Waterfront & Seaport are SOLD OUT*

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten confirmation from Seaport yet?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular

I just called. Our reservations are in their system.

1EAFQ.gif
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    I called about the same time and seaport told me they wouldnt be finished till later tonight

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Ahem.
    Hey awesome people who booked at the Seaport. You probably already know that out reservations aren't entered yet. i spoke to a lady and she said that the list should be fully entered in their system by this coming Wednesday. So call Tuesday or Wednesday morning to check your confirmation! Hope that helps :)

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • MalaMala CeciltuckyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

When I called (right before i typed this), they said they were still entering reservations, but they checked on mine and it was there, so ... yes and no :)

Mala on
  • MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    So at the hotel I stayed in last year for PAX we did kind of an open door thing where we just propped our door open and played games all night so other PAXers staying on our floor could come in, hang out, and play some games! It was a really fun way to meet people. This year I am at the Westin Waterfront and I'm thinking about doing the same thing, specifically with playing N64. Maybe I'll put a little sign outside the door letting people know they can come in and play Pokemon Snap, Brawl, etc. Would that be something people are interested in? It was pretty successful last year, and I am aware that most people make evening plans, but I figured I would ask if anyone in the Westin would be interested. There will be plenty of pizza to be eaten and Pokemon to snap! haha

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
    I'll be staying at the Seaport and I like the idea, probably be playing board/drinking games though.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    I am also staying at the Westin and would be all for some late night pokemons snapping and any and all forms of smash bros.

• failedpoetfailedpoet Waldorf, MDRegistered User new member
    @TurnedtoGold (and anyone else at the Tremont) I'll be arriving Thursday evening myself, and ready to go. Hit me up if you're interested in hanging out.

I'm thinking of going over to the other hotels and checking out the "pre-PAX scene" there. :)

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote: »
    So at the hotel I stayed in last year for PAX we did kind of an open door thing where we just propped our door open and played games all night so other PAXers staying on our floor could come in, hang out, and play some games! It was a really fun way to meet people. This year I am at the Westin Waterfront and I'm thinking about doing the same thing, specifically with playing N64. Maybe I'll put a little sign outside the door letting people know they can come in and play Pokemon Snap, Brawl, etc. Would that be something people are interested in? It was pretty successful last year, and I am aware that most people make evening plans, but I figured I would ask if anyone in the Westin would be interested. There will be plenty of pizza to be eaten and Pokemon to snap! haha

That sounds like a super fun idea, but I'm going to put this out there: Don't post your room information on the internet, and discourage others from doing the same.

I know it seems like common sense, but there was an incident a few years ago with a hotel room party getting a bit out of control (Sealab. Never Forget).

1EAFQ.gif
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote: »
    any and all forms of smash bros.

this this and more this. I have no room in my suitcase for a console, given all the cookie bridage stuff, my cosplay, and boardgames - but if anyone has smash set up in their room when i walk by, i will definitely stop in for a few rounds. it's my favorite game of ALL TIME. yes, i said it.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    This is actually a pretty neat idea. Might be time to dig out one of those old consoles (n64 or otherwise)

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My door at the seaport on Thursday shall be open. :)

Victoryoftheppl on
    MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    ukiyo e wrote: »

That sounds like a super fun idea, but I'm going to put this out there: Don't post your room information on the internet, and discourage others from doing the same.

I know it seems like common sense, but there was an incident a few years ago with a hotel room party getting a bit out of control (Sealab. Never Forget).

For sure! I will not be posting my private info or anything of the sort, and thanks for the pro tip!

To everyone who said they are interested-its a go! My n64 will most def be there, and I would love to have people stop in and play! If you own ANY n64 games, please bring them (and PM me so I know what ya got!) I've got Mario Party ready to go as well (always good for starting/ruining friendships haha) and I was thinking about bringing OoT if anyone wants to try and see how far we can get in one sitting! I will peruse through my collection and see what else I can bring...we are driving up, so there might be room in the car for multiple consoles ;) If anyone has any particular requests or suggestions PM me!

I will be hanging up a sign outside my door to let ppl know where the gaming will be. Look for MissMoogle!

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
    ukiyo e wrote: »

For sure! I will not be posting my private info or anything of the sort, and thanks for the pro tip!

To everyone who said they are interested-its a go! My n64 will most def be there, and I would love to have people stop in and play! If you own ANY n64 games, please bring them (and PM me so I know what ya got!) I've got Mario Party ready to go as well (always good for starting/ruining friendships haha) and I was thinking about bringing OoT if anyone wants to try and see how far we can get in one sitting! I will peruse through my collection and see what else I can bring...we are driving up, so there might be room in the car for multiple consoles ;) If anyone has any particular requests or suggestions PM me!

I will be hanging up a sign outside my door to let ppl know where the gaming will be. Look for MissMoogle!

Hey what Hotel are you at? Def want to do this for the Seaport Hotel

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
    Ill be at the seaport (i think she is at the westin) i got another n64 and a collection of games (just got to find them and i need to find 2 more controllers) ill post what i got when i get home in a few days

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    Anyone got any ideas for some after hours fun at the Omni Parker? I can't particularly bring any consoles or whatnot since i'll be flying... but we should set something up!

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the Westin? Looks like cab ride will cost me around 20 bucks and shuttle service would be about the same.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    That_Guy wrote: »
    What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the Westin? Looks like cab ride will cost me around 20 bucks and shuttle service would be about the same.

The Silver Line if possible. It's a very short walk from the stop near the Seaport/BCEC to the Westin.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Followup question.

My flight gets in at about 2pm. My destination is the Westin. I don't really think public transit is going to be realistic with all the shit I am bringing with me.

Is anyone interested in splitting a cab? Shoot me a PM.

Edit: My flight gets in at about 2pm on THURSDAY.

That_Guy on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Followup question.

My flight gets in at about 2pm. My destination is the Westin. I don't really think public transit is going to be realistic with all the shit I am bringing with me.

Is anyone interested in splitting a cab? Shoot me a PM.

Edit: My flight gets in at about 2pm on THURSDAY.

Don't underestimate the Silver Line, it's super easy and it has a luggage rack and everything! It runs Boston Logan to South Station, so people with a lot of baggage are common sights.

I took the Silver Line from South Station last year and it was excellent, dropped me off like 2 feet in front of my hotel and I was off.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Ill be at the seaport (i think she is at the westin) i got another n64 and a collection of games (just got to find them and i need to find 2 more controllers) ill post what i got when i get home in a few days

I may be new school and bring my 360.

Also, just called Seaport and they have my reservation albeit, they entered it wrong :(

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
    Victory, that's shirry news. Did they at least change it?

• OhyOhy Registered User regular
    Just called. They told me to call back next week :\ Hopefully it goes well!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    There's definitely going to be gaming in my hotel room, with assorted drinking games based off of those by http://www.youtube.com/thewarpzone

Namely the Mario Kart and Mario Party ones.

They are going to try and accommodate my request >.>

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

Call OnPeak and tell them that the reservation with the Seaport does not match what you reserved with them. Make sure you don't take no for an answer (although being a silly goose likely isn't necessary). They should take care of things for you.

zerzhul wrote: »

Call OnPeak and tell them that the reservation with the Seaport does not match what you reserved with them. Make sure you don't take no for an answer (although being a silly goose likely isn't necessary). They should take care of things for you.

Thanks for the tip! I hope to meet you at PAX :D

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    finally was able to get full details on my westin reservation and all info is correct. *whew* with badges in and hotel confirmed, i can barely wait for pax! it's the weekend after next! ahhhhh!!!

also, SO glad i got a room starting thursday night instead of friday like i did last year. plenty of time for pre-pax dinner, westin gaming, then a bright and early start on friday! seriously guys, I CAN'T WAIT!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Our reservation is at the Seaport. I'm biting my nails, trying not to panic that they don't have our info yet. :?

Got our badges yesterday, though, so that excitement is helping distract me. :)

fullofgrace on
    I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • cpedrozacpedroza Registered User regular
    I called Omni Parker House and they have my reservation. Apparently, my standard room with a twin bed got upgraded to a delux room with a queen bed for the same price. Not sure if this happened to everyone that booked through Onpeak, but yay I'm excited.

• zertechzertech Registered User regular
    So im hoping to go to pax on friday and sunday(just bought passes, bummer saturday was sold out). But i havent reserved a hotel room yet. Anyone have any suggestions on where i can stay? is there a possibility of sharing a hotel with someone here and split the costs?

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    zertech wrote: »
    So im hoping to go to pax on friday and sunday(just bought passes, bummer saturday was sold out). But i havent reserved a hotel room yet. Anyone have any suggestions on where i can stay? is there a possibility of sharing a hotel with someone here and split the costs?

You can try the roomshare thread. Otherwise your options are pay for a hotel at full price, try airbnb.com or maybe a hostel.

• KhmerrougeKhmerrouge Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Do hotels have a problem with putting an extra person or two in a room set for two? Is it a serious problem if you get caught? (Assuming most hotels will be sold out in the area) Has anyone had any experience with this?

• zertechzertech Registered User regular
    Dang im like freaking out. I wanna go so bad, but i cant afford full price hotels. Hope someone replies to my need for a hotel request in the thread. Also sent out like 7 emails to see if anyone still has space. Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Khmerrouge wrote: »
    Do hotels have a problem with putting an extra person or two in a room set for two? Is it a serious problem if you get caught? (Assuming most hotels will be sold out in the area) Has anyone had any experience with this?

it usually only costs an extra $20 or so, best just to be up front with the hotel about it.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • failedpoetfailedpoet Waldorf, MDRegistered User new member
    There's definitely going to be gaming in my hotel room, with assorted drinking games based off of those by http://www.youtube.com/thewarpzone

Namely the Mario Kart and Mario Party ones.

Yes yes and yes. I LOVE this series so much, I even came up with some rules for a "Left 4 Dead/Drinking".

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Just sneak them in after checking into the room. It's not that hard and if anyone asks just say they aren't staying overnight.

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    I just called Doubletree Downtown to confirm my reservation and they had it there, so I think it's safe to say they have gotten theirs too.

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular

Just sneak them in after checking into the room. It's not that hard and if anyone asks just say they aren't staying overnight.

As someone else in the thread noted, the maid service is easily able to tell exactly how many people are staying in the room (number of bags, number of toothbrushes, etc.). Different hotels may or may not care. Personally, I'd just call them now and tell them how many people you intend to have in your room upfront, and pay any fee they might charge for additional guests, as it's not worth the risk of them taking action. However, if you're quiet and don't make a mess, most hotels probably won't be hard asses about it.