As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    After a restart of Steam to fix the Skin I was using, I now have a Assassins Creed: Revelations coupon if anyone wants it. I've not started AssBro yet, so I'm a ways off from needing AssRev.

Apparently I have two 50% off coupons, so if you want one, you know what to do.

also, totp =

vmtdB.gif

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    So how is Bard's Tale? Is it a twitchy-action, console-like RPG? Is there decent character customization? Social/story aspects?

Ever play Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance? I think it runs on the same engine. Hack and slash RPG. Character customization is pretty simplified. Every level you get to put a point into strength, agility, charisma, luck, etc., and every other level you get to pick a special skill. The game has moments where you can have the bard be "snarky" or "nice" to NPCs and that does have an effect on what items you get and other things like that. The voice of the bard is Cary Elwes and the narrator is Tony Jay. They interact with each other often.

You also can summon familiars to help you in battle. Some heal you, some fight with ranged combat, melee, etc. Some are just there to help find traps for you. In the beginning you can only have one summoned at a time, but by the end you can have four.

There are also various songs throughout the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7rAnaKId3E&feature=related

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I.. Also have an Assassins Creed Revelations coupon for 50% off.
    I have no use for this if anyone wants it.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Hurm.. Bard's Tale sounds so familiar, though I know I didn't play it on the PC. Musta been during a period when I either had a PS2 or an oxbox.

Bard's Tale, as an IP, has been around for a long, long time.

bt-amiga-guild.gif

And I do believe the current Steam version was a PS2 release.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    So I just got 4 x Might and Magic Clash of Heroes 66% off coupons for some reason....up for grabs.

• busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hurm.. Bard's Tale sounds so familiar, though I know I didn't play it on the PC. Musta been during a period when I either had a PS2 or an oxbox.

bt-amiga-guild.gif

This is the CRPG addict's take on Bard's Tale III.

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
    edited March 2012

*snip image*

I should have been more specific. I'm referring to this new "Bard's Tale" version with the Carey Elwes voicing. The older versions of Bard's Tale(s) are some of my favorite and played them on C64. If my old brain can remember back far enough, I can recall playing Bard's Tale III on a C64 while stationed in Korea some where between 87-89. Hell, I think this was the game a friend and I played together, sharing a C64 and taking turns playing, all weekend up until we realized we had Monday morning PT in 30 minutes .

Also it came with the WHEEL!
    375768-bt3_0087_super.jpg

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Maaaaan. I'm just sitting here staring at my steam game list. I want to play a game, but I have no clue what. I feel like an RPG or something, but nothing calls to me. Damn you first world Steam problems.

Kingdoms of Amalur is good if you've got it.
    If you don't, what's one more tribute to The Newell?

edited March 2012
    Rizzi wrote: »

Eh, demo didn't really grab me. Plus that's 50 bucks I currently don't have.

Also, does anyone want SpaceChem? First PM that's from a regular forumer gets a copy, cause I have one and don't want it.

Hey did that Half Life 1 using the source engine mod ever come out? What was that called? Is there a best way to replay HL1? I haven't played that in ages.

SniperGuy on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    busfahrer wrote: »

bt-amiga-guild.gif

This is the CRPG addict's take on Bard's Tale III.

Thanks for the link. I'm a sucker for classic games nostalgia (like Retronauts) because I'm old classic.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Wait, how are people getting these coupons? I don't have any coupons. Busfahrer, you get that coupon a good home. Clash of Heroes is a great game.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

60 bucks!

• PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    No idea, was just sitting there looking at my game list and 4 x coupons just turned up...maybe something to do with wish list? Im guessing the 4x was an error?

Prime on
  • Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Same here...i got 3x Might and Magic VI 50% off and AssCreed revaltions 50% off.
    I basically came here to see whats it about.

Well if anyone wants em, PM me with your steam name.

What the fuck how is this still not done?!

http://blackmesasource.com/

• BullioBullio Registered User regular

Is there anyone at this point that actually, seriously thinks this will ever come out? DNF filled the "game that never, ever, ever is going to come out but somehow did" quota for the century.

steam_sig.png

Because it "encapsulates everything about PC gaming," so they have to wait for PC gaming to be finished.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Wow they really must want people to buy might and magic.

I gave up following that a long time ago. I figured they quit. It's still going? I'd still love to play it though.

Now I feel like I should go through HL1 again. Such a good game.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    I just went and checked their forums. There's a dev Q&A and they are actually answering questions. I assume that's what they're doing instead of actually working on the mod.

Also amusing was a "So uh, is this ever coming out? What's even the point by now? It's gonna look outdated by the time you guys ever actually finish" thread where a legion of rabid mod fans then jumped down his throat.

So I guess HL1: Source is my best bet huh....

edited March 2012

Also, does anyone want SpaceChem? First PM that's from a regular forumer gets a copy, cause I have one and don't want it.

Hey did that Half Life 1 using the source engine mod ever come out? What was that called? Is there a best way to replay HL1? I haven't played that in ages.

Half Life 1 or Half Life: Source.
    They're both $10.

Rizzi on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    2009 gaiz. Believe.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

Black Mesa Source, and no. their wiki says they were still working on it as recently as november, but they haven't posted video since the trailer in 2008
    I'd say your best bet is just to load up HL1 with the texture pack.
    HL1 source has the source engine water effects, but is otherwise identical to HL without the texture pack.

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I haven't posted here for a while (I'm one of those annoying people that just posts during sales, but hey, I give a lot :p) but I picked up a Counter Strike Go Beta invite, and I have one spare. If you're classy, hit me up on Steam (I'm TPSou) and you can have it.

Black Mesa Source, and no. their wiki says they were still working on it as recently as november, but they haven't posted video since the trailer in 2008
    HL1 source has the source engine water effects, but is otherwise identical to HL without the texture pack.

Texture pack you say?

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I would like a Clash of Heroes coupon if there's some going. Never did get around to it on the DS.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif

*snip image*

I should have been more specific. I'm referring to this new "Bard's Tale" version with the Carey Elwes voicing. The older versions of Bard's Tale(s) are some of my favorite and played them on C64. If my old brain can remember back far enough, I can recall playing Bard's Tale III on a C64 while stationed in Korea some where between 87-89. Hell, I think this was the game a friend and I played together, sharing a C64 and taking turns playing, all weekend up until we realized we had Monday morning PT in 30 minutes .

I'm sorry, this is offtopic, but the part I bolded sounds like an awesome story.

B2b1M.gif
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Half Life 1 or Half Life: Source.
    They're both $10.

Get HL1 complete pack and play through 1, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force. They're all awesome.

HL Source doesn't even look that much different IMO. It looks like they only made some things look better while others stayed the same. I honestly love the way HL1 looks anyway.

edit: nevermind I guess the complete pack has 2 and the episodes as well. I'm assuming you have all those?

I remember buying this a long time ago at Gamestop. Probably the best thing I ever bought there.

http://www.amazon.com/Half-Life-Platinum-Collection-Second-Edition-Pc/dp/B00006FXIN/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1332358146&sr=8-7

Not sure why it says Half Life 2 at the top though.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    I would also like a coupon for Clash of Heroes. Now my fiancee can't hog the tv all day!

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

because if you click on their twitter feed ("Follow us on twitter for recent updates") you see their latest update is:
    Check out our new wiki, fresh out of beta! Poke around, there's some good stuff in there. http://bit.ly/8fAQGo

And dated January 4, 2010. I don't think anyone is actually working on it.

edit: That's what I get for waiting too long to post.

SteevL on
    Well I have every Valve game. I got a complete pack for doing the Portal 2 ARG. Plus I already owned everything except like...Ricochet or something. But HL1 looks pretty dated at this point so I was hoping for something to pretty it up.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Texture pack you say?
    steam://installaddon/halflifehd
    High_Definition_Half-Life_comparison.jpg
    depends on your nostalgia level for the original graphics though. I prefer the originals.

edit: forum doesn't like steam links apparently.
    there's a clickable link here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573

SaraLuna on
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    I haven't posted here for a while (I'm one of those annoying people that just posts during sales, but hey, I give a lot :p) but I picked up a Counter Strike Go Beta invite, and I have one spare. If you're classy, hit me up on Steam (I'm TPSou) and you can have it.

Would hitting you up here work? :)

edited March 2012

*snip image*

I'm sorry, this is offtopic, but the part I bolded sounds like an awesome story.

Not as awesome as you would think. Or at least to me? Anywho, I was stationed in Korea(Uijeongbu/Camp Red Cloud) from 87-89. I was a geek back then and was in the Signal Corps doing stuff I can't talk about. My friends and I were into C64 gaming. So it was not uncommon for us to get together, in between drinking binges, and play games on our C64's. We ran the gambit of gaming back then, from flight sims to arcade shooters, to Bard's Tale III! Oh and of course you could buy almost any game you wanted on the black market for cheap. And back then, if you were smart, you'd use a paperhole punch to punch a notch on your floppy to make the 2nd side writable. That's the abridged version. More geek, less debauchery.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015

*snip image*

Not as awesome as you would think. Or at least to me? Anywho, I was stationed in Korea(Uijeongbu/Camp Red Cloud) from 87-89. I was a geek back then and was in the Signal Corps doing stuff I can't talk about. My friends and I were into C64 gaming. So it was not uncommon for us to get together, in between drinking binges, and play games on our C64's. We ran the gambit of gaming back then, from flight sims to arcade shooters, to Bard's Tale III! Oh and of course you could buy almost any game you wanted on the black market for cheap. And back then, if you were smart, you'd use a paperhole punch to punch a notch on your floppy to make the 2nd side writable. That's the abridged version. More geek, less debauchery.

Cold war? C64? Black market? Floppy stamping?

I'd read the hell out of that novel.

B2b1M.gif

Anybody taking up that invite will be required to play CS:GO with me :)

(and also tell me how the hell you score in this game)

B2b1M.gif
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular

Deal.

edited March 2012

Deal.

(To avoid confusion, I don't have an invite.)

(edit: To avoid further confusion, I don't have an invite to give out. I'm already in the beta thanks to @Banzai5150)

Also, one of you guys who wanted the Clash of Heroes coupon will have to accept my friend request :D

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    We ran the gambit of gaming back then

Did it involve a queen? Or a card throwing cajun guy?
    Or did it involve a gamut? :rotate:

• AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Anyone want a coupon for 50% off Assassin's Creed: Revelations? I have 2 for some reason...

This discussion has been closed.