As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Cards Against Humanity] With your host, Guy Smiley! Round 5!

FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night manChampion of the sunRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Critical Failures
header-8.png
guysmiley01.png
Since simonwolf's game is super-duper popular, and many people have expressed interest in joining a game of this, I figured I'd throw one up. It seems fairly light in the upkeep department, so I think I'm up for it. I'll take as many players as possible. I'm not sure if there would really be a limit, but if I get a whole butt-load I might have to make a cut-off. Sign up in bolded lime, first-come, first-served. Game rules can be gleaned from the narration or spoilers when I'm lazy.

That's right, folks! It's America's favourite game show host, Guy Smiley! You might remember me from such hit shows as Here is Your Life and Beat The Time, but I'm sick and god damned tired of the big networks telling me what to do, when to do it, and I'm here to run my own show! This is Cards Against Humanity! That's right, the new hit party game is now the new hit TV game show! Each contestant will take turns secretly submitting answers to my cleverly drawn questions. The studio audience, along with you folks listening at home, will decide which answer is best, and the winning submitter scores a point on the Point-O-Tron! Whichever of these lovely contestants scores the most points before the time limit expires wins the game!

Sound good? Too bad. Let's meet our contestants!

1. Capfalcon
2. daniant
3. Telnaior
4. Matev
5. Salvation122
6. Majestic Goat
7. TheRoadVirus
8. Darkewolfe
9. towndrunk34
10. Shiny New Toys
11. Rius
12. Anialos
13. Cerberus
14. Vanguard
15. Cayrus
16. pesky
17. Laemkral

Oh wait, that's right. I almost forgot! Your old pal Guy Smiley did a few years in rehab for a pretty nasty gambling addiction. Trouble is, he never really kicked it. In order to get my fix, I've added a bit of a twist to the game. During any round, you can bet one of your points to play an extra secret answer! Just scream at the top of your lungs that you Bet You've Got It! No one will know which answers are yours, but we'll all know what's at stake. If you win the round, you keep your point. If you lose, well, old Smiley knows all about that bitch, Lady Luck. Oh, and your bet point goes to the actual winner that round.

Now that we're all clear on the rules, the Card-O-Tron will give you your hand of cards, and we can begin! But first, those network dick-holes say we have to take a break to sell you some stuff you don't need! We'll be right back, folks!

The game will begin when we have a good amount of players signed up. Each round's question will be posted around noon EST, and answers are expected to be in by that evening (9:00 EST). The Card Czar (or the "studio audience") will be selected at random, and will sit that round out to send me the winner by the following morning. All this timing will most likely change based on how the group ends up working out, but continued delays and/or absenteeism will result in disqualification! It's only a quick PM to send in your turn, so I won't have too much sympathy if you're always late.

Regarding gambling a point: Just post something in bolded yellow that you are gambling on an extra card, and that'll count. And if you submit two answers without doing that, it'll still count as a gamble, but Guy Smiley will ridicule you in embarrassing fashion. Any of the above may change as well, if I suddenly realize this method needs tweaking for the Play-by-Post system.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
Figgy on

• peskypesky Registered User regular
    I am so in...but..mommy said gambling is bad for you.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If there isn't a non-compete clause, I'll play here too!

Unless you get too many people, then I'll bow out.

Capfalcon on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    I saw the other game and I am so doing this.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
  • TelnaiorTelnaior Registered User regular
    If we're allowed to be in both at once... In!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

This is just too fun to not do.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Telnaior wrote: »
    If we're allowed to be in both at once... In!

I don't see why not. As long as simon has no issue with it.

• Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Majestic Goat on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Got room for one more? I've always wanted to try one of these!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    _______ me up

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    _______ me up

A windmill full of corpses

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    pesky wrote: »
    I am so in...but..mommy said gambling is bad for you.

Is that a sign-up?

And I'll probably close sign-ups later today or tonight if they slow down.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Not signing up, but bookmarking to follow along with the hilarity.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I want to sign up too =) I love these kinds of card games.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    In it to win it!

edited March 2012
    There were a few people who posted in simon's game expressing interest in joining if another popped up.

/smacks @Custom Special, @Cerberus, and @Laemkral with a large trout.

Figgy on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    With my luck Id forget which one I was in and submit the wrong damn thing.

Bedlam wrote: »
    With my luck Id forget which one I was in and submit the wrong damn thing.

I thought of this. And if this happens, you lose a card from your hand at random and you don't draw up to it for the rest of the game!

Okay, not really. But please don't do this.

I'm going to end this off at 15 players. That means there are 3 spots open. @pesky , if that was a real sign up, now is the time to speak up!

Am I being a stickler not counting that as a sign-up? Cause the second part of his sentence, to me, implies he isn't really signing up. Anyone?

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

Oh hell yes!

I'm going to work in a few minutes. I'm going to assume @pesky actually wanted to sign up, but forgot to use green. If not, I'll take the 16th signup as #15. That means there is 1 spot and 1 reserve spot left.

If I come home and suddenly there are 20 people signed up, I'll cap it off at 20.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Count me in if there's room.

Vanguard wrote: »

Fixed that for you.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

Fixed that for you.

Green is for go.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    it would probably help if you didnt spoiler the part that says sign up in limegreen :P

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'll sign up if there is room.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    edited March 2012
    sign me up.

pesky on
    Ok signups clllooosed. Everyone above this post is in.

edited March 2012
    And we're back, folks! Guy Smiley here, with our lovely contestants. Are we all ready? Let's play Cards Against Humanity!

Everyone should have their cards in hand. Let's begin! Each contestant must secretly submit to me the card that they think best fits the following question. Oh yeah, Vanguard, you're going to take to the phones this round, so sit this one out!

Now, here is your question:

In a world ravaged by _____________, our only solace is _____________.

Alright, contestants, lock in your answers!!!

PM to me your two card choices. The order in which you give them to me matters. First card is the first blank, second card is the second. Those two cards are now out of your hand. You'll get two more to replace them for the next round. Vanguard is the Card Czar and will be picking the winner, so he should not be submitting any cards to me for this round. Every player will have a chance to be Card Czar at least once, depending on how many rounds we go.

Please keep track of the cards in your hand. I will be, and if you try to submit a card that you either don't have or that you've already played, things will go poorly for you on the score board.

Good luck!

Figgy on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm using some of my best cards too early. Still. Teehee.

What is this I don't even.
  • Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I feel like I'm using some of my best cards too early. Still. Teehee.

there's no best, only better
    I feel like watching an episode of gamer poop now

• LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    Aw man, I missed this because I was being productive today. Bummer. Oh well, more craziness to watch!

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
    Laemkral wrote: »
    Aw man, I missed this because I was being productive today. Bummer. Oh well, more craziness to watch!

@Laemkral

Nah, you're in. I will send you a hand later tonight.

Here's hoping I get picked!

• LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Nah, you're in. I will send you a hand later tonight.

You sir, @Figgy, are a scholar and a gentleman, and I've never said otherwise.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm playing this one awfully straight, but I have a pair of cards that are just perfect for this.

Rius wrote: »
    I'm playing this one awfully straight, but I have a pair of cards that are just perfect for this.

Hmmmm strange, I seem to be in the same position.