As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets go on down to South Park! WTF!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I prefer the episodes like The List and the one where Wendy beat up Cartman.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I'm a big boy! I took a big boy poop!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I liked the episode, not groundbreaking but I liked just going over the top to make a point about this. Butters' explanation about his sitting preference was just great.

And women should just take the extra two seconds to lower the seat, m i rite?

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The recent episode was underwhelming.

A 20 minute-long poop joke.

aka, classic South Park

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    That episode was pretty weak. Not very creative, not all that topical (hey, no one has made jokes about the TSA before, right?), and just not all that funny. Were they referencing a specific incident that I'm not aware of?

• Options
    it was just a rant on the nanny state, and probably dealing with a real conversation they had with their girlfriend or wife.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It seems pretty standard for the first South Park episode of a new season. They seem to normally start off weak as the production crews are all well rested and able to think having just got back from whatever they do when they're not producing South Park.
    Once they start succumbing to fatigue from writing and animating a new episode every week, they'll get better.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So uh. what the fuck did we just watch? There was no ending to the A or B plot. Stan just gives up at the end after a montage that goes on for too long.

I thought the episode was funny and I laughed pretty hard at most of it, but it was just nonsensical. I liked the "cash for holding signs" sign guys though.

I used to talk to people who had to do that, its really shitty. You just stand there for like 6-8 hours for 50$, and if the guy who hires you drives by and doesn't see you, you dont get paid at all(so no bathroom/lunch/breaks). Had a girl who stood outside near the retail store I worked at in college run in talking about being bored out of her ass and needed the cheapest pocket radio we sold so she wouldnt be bored just standing out there. It was near 100 and she wasn't drinking anything, I thought she was going to die. I feel bad for the poor SOB's that have to put on costumes while doing it.

Half the point is to do it on those kinds of days so people quit after 4-6 hours and you dont have to pay them, at least from what I have seen.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    The point was if you paid attention to your grandparents they wouldn't waste their money, it seems to absolve people of responsibility for predatory schemes

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The point was if you paid attention to your grandparents they wouldn't waste their money, it seems to absolve people of responsibility for predatory schemes

Yeah we stick our elderly in homes and far too many never visit then you have the cons and assholes preying on that loneliness through shitty jewelry and identity theft.

We are the enablers.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Billy wrote: »
    Sally wrote: »

Yeah we stick our elderly in homes and far too many never visit then you have the cons and assholes preying on that loneliness through shitty jewelry and identity theft.

We are the enablers.

Yeah I guess that makes sense.
    fuck em, there there because they have money and wont do anything with it!

Also they stuck him there because, well he has Alzheimer's and can't take care of him anymore. It's an exhausting disease on a family.

Those pawn places... I get they have to make a profit but it's a bit silly. Had a friend who got a ring appraised at a jewerly store for around 10 grand on gold worth alone with an offer to buy it for around there(with a under cut for small margin reasons), and next day when at the pawn shop asked them what they'd give him and they took it, weighed it and figured out the contents, etc. Told him 125$, then "ok, ok, $140" when he said no thanks. I wonder if they get fucked on the smelting costs in the circle of douchery.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So is having a child yet that ailing older person decided to raise one anyway.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I thought this ep was a big step up over the last one. Had a good laugh at everyone phoning in telling the guy to kill himself.

...God, that's dark.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I like how they kind of let the cash 4 gold places off the hook. Those guys make profits hand over fist by screwing people

• Options
    That was a good episode, I loved Stan's phone conversation with the host, and later the old people. "Those earrings would look great on your dead body." And the asian lady overselling her expression to Cartman, good stuff.

I also liked the song at the end that seemed to just be Trey and Matt doing monkey sounds.

• Options
    EddEdd Registered User regular
    This was one of the times when they remember how to have an A plot and a B plot, rather than two basically unrelated A plots. Those episodes are almost always better.

• Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought this ep was a big step up over the last one. Had a good laugh at everyone phoning in telling the guy to kill himself.

...God, that's dark.
    And then he pulls the trigger and all you see is blood splash over the jewelry. The camera doesn't cut away or turn off. The table just keeps spinning. I really wanted to call in sick to work just to see if any bored south park fans called into QVC or whatever channel is selling jewelry.
    Those pawn places... I get they have to make a profit but it's a bit silly. Had a friend who got a ring appraised at a jewerly store for around 10 grand on gold worth alone with an offer to buy it for around there(with a under cut for small margin reasons), and next day when at the pawn shop asked them what they'd give him and they took it, weighed it and figured out the contents, etc. Told him 125$, then "ok, ok, $140" when he said no thanks. I wonder if they get fucked on the smelting costs in the circle of douchery.
    Yeah, the jewelry store was buying the ring, with the craftsmanship and work that went into it to resell it to a person who wanted a ring, unless the guy was walking around with 3 ounces of gold in that ring, the jeweler wasn't appraising it on gold worth. The pawn shop was just interested in the gold to sell it to smelters. Yeah, gold's expensive, but it's nothing compared to the time and effort of a skilled artisan who makes it into something beautiful.
    I know it doesn't make a difference to your friend, but that's reason for the difference in the offered prices. Though, I imagine that the owners of the cash 4 gold type chains are screwing over the store managers every bit as hard as the store managers are screwing over the sign flippers. I guess I'm trying to say that there's no limit to the amount of people getting screwed here.

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I like how they kind of let the cash 4 gold places off the hook. Those guys make profits hand over fist by screwing people

I still don't get how no one realizes how bad a deal it is. "Send us your stuff, then we'll send you whatever we determine it's worth!"

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Gold selling stores seem just as bad. In addition to newly-created demand for gold as an investment, thanks to the likes of Glenn Beck and co., the stores sell "collectible" gold coins that are billed as being particularly good at maintaining, or appreciating in value, and in fact the coin aspect of it is worthless.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Loved the episode, but I didn't really laugh much. Man it was dark.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Gold selling stores seem just as bad. In addition to newly-created demand for gold as an investment, thanks to the likes of Glenn Beck and co., the stores sell "collectible" gold coins that are billed as being particularly good at maintaining, or appreciating in value, and in fact the coin aspect of it is worthless.

buying a gold coin that is not even an actual currency (and drops in value the second you buy it) with the idea that you are investing

or the idea that buying a shiny metal that (while having some nice industrial applications) is mostly valued aesthetically and does not produce income could even be considered investment

god damn i do not understand why people can't intuit that as a bad idea

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This episode is going down a good path. The preview and opening made me think they were going to do something political, which is rarely good, but oh god the memes.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Pandering the newest meme. Also the oldest.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Wow this was bad. Like, really bad. The opening two episodes were good, certainly not their best. But damn was this episode bad.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Butters was the best part.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Wow this was bad. Like, really bad. The opening two episodes were good, certainly not their best. But damn was this episode bad.

It was just a B-plot. If it had been a few minutes here and there of characters doing increasingly bizarre things (and then getting killed by trains) in the background, then it would have been fine. But when there's nothing else, you get a bit bored.

Bad, bad episode.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    This was the first time I've ever thought a Southpark Episode was bad. The only good part was the part about cats. And thats only because I love cats. It was pretty shit. Oh well.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    It wasn't bad, just rather forgettable.

Oprah's muff was still the worst South Park episode by far, this isn't even close. It did feel padded and I thought they would rip into the memes a bit more, like how they went after harley riders.

• Options
    Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    I don't know about you guys, but I was laughing pretty hard throughout this episode.

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It wasn't bad, just rather forgettable.

Oprah's muff was still the worst South Park episode by far, this isn't even close. It did feel padded and I thought they would rip into the memes a bit more, like how they went after harley riders.

Yeah the Oprah episode is probably the worst I've ever seen.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    this reminded me of the "Blancmange" episode of monty python

sorta pushing a single sketch idea farther than it should probably go

which is okay with me actually

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I don't know about you guys, but I was laughing pretty hard throughout this episode.

Some funny bits here and there.

'Go back to the nineties, fah-gootttts!!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Some funny bits here and there.

'Go back to the nineties, fah-gootttts!!

The delivery on that line was amazing.

And yeah, I laughed plenty as well.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    I loved this one.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I thought the bit with the ancient edu-film about memes from just a couple years ago, complete with 90's fashion, was chuckle-worthy!

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I appreciated the iPhones used in every scene.

Though, it was clear they had no idea how to end it. Which doesn't seem unusual based on their mini-commentaries. From their commentaries, it's basically we had a funny idea for a premise and had a few scenes we thought we're really good (T.M.I. for instance, they seemed really fixated on the Cartman and Principal Victoria scene about "Why'd you post the boys' penis sizes?!"/"Why did you?!"), threw it together and hoped it worked.

Invisible on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    That was a great episode in pure laugh factor.

Sometimes South Park doesn't have to make sense.

Ol' Long Johnson debating the Republicans had me laughing my ass off.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I wanted really badly for butters to fall asleep, drop the gun and it would of gone off but missed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wanted really badly for butters to fall asleep, drop the gun and it would of gone off but missed.

And instead hit the reporter at the end, right before he was killed by the train.

• Options
    I thought it was comparable the episode with oprahs minge