As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Cthulhu - OOC] Whispers in the Darkness

• PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Good for that but I think we should be watching from down the street...with Guy out of sight, just in case.

steam_sig.png
  • Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah that was my intention. Drop her off and wait until the EMTs get her. I'd rather not "reporter ODs on cocaine" turn into "reporter stabbed, seen with myserious Frenchman night before"

edited March 2012
    We've been careful so far but just in case, Skid, did Guy leave anything behind that might bite you in the ass later? We might look at that before we try and load up the poor girl. Also, are we calling Mason or finding some other mode of transportation? I assume Mason is the most discrete route. I say move to start the process.

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Guy left nothing behind, called you guys from a pay phone, and generally was meticulously careful about leaving any trace he'd ever been there.

Let's just say Guy knows all about this stuff, and took care of it. :)

And sure, we can call Mason.

El Skid on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Someone at the apartment make a luck roll por favor.

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Got it.

Luck vs 90
    1d100= 18 pass

I'm glad you rolled that...we all know I can't hit a roll when we really need it.

steam_sig.png
    If I were not such a just and compassionate Keeper, and were willing to let this thing go totally off the rails, I'd make the door into Luchadores bright Yellow.

• rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    as long as they don't put anything weird in my burrito, and yellow doors would be kinda fitting for that kind of restaraunt :P

Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
    If I were not such a just and compassionate Keeper, and were willing to let this thing go totally off the rails, I'd make the door into Luchadores bright Yellow.

pfff Derleth's stuff is more like fan-fiction anyways

Why are we tempting the Keeper!

We're all gonna die...

steam_sig.png
    It wouldn't be CoC if we didn't go insane and die. Of course the order we do these in is optional. :P

Incoming insane Javier zombie...

steam_sig.png
    if we go by actual days since we started the game this is the longest any of my investigators has made it and still been sane and or alive

Original Creepy Janitor

rucdoc wrote: »
    if we go by actual days since we started the game this is the longest any of my investigators has made it and still been sane and or alive
    Yeah, PbP isn't really the most efficient, but it's good for time management.

Peff, Skid and Marcus, where are you guys going first?

I'm cool with it, gives me more time to think, which means I do stupid things less.

Original Creepy Janitor

I'd say we hit up the organ bank then confront Appleton.

Agreed.

steam_sig.png
    Appleton, yeah.

woot I got suits only took them a day

Original Creepy Janitor

What if those suits stop you from eating your delicious byakhee egg burrito?!

I doubt it :P

Original Creepy Janitor

So Peff and El Skid- I'm drawing a blank on this one. Anyone want to go first?

Well, have a good idea on how to present ourselves? I know we need to find out the donor and we know that Dr. Appleton is responsible for trying to delete the information at the hospital . I don't know that we necessarily want to drop the fact that we're investigating Dr. Morgan's heart since someone is clearly trying to cover up its source. Guy seems to be better at the smooth talking than Javier, so we might want to have him actually present us, once we decide who we should be.

Hopefully that isn't terribly meta...

steam_sig.png
    Guy has this, guys... Nothing could possibly go wrong. :P

Ok. Dr. Appleton isn't at the organ bank though, so I suppose we should just inquire about the where the heart came from, then go confront Appleton. I doubt the organ bank employees even know who he is.

Right, I guess the main thing is I'm not sure where to start since Dr. Appleton doesn't work here and our opener with the secretary is basically "Hi, can you tell us which horror from outside space donated one of it's doom-flavored hearts in the last month?"

Or we can just say that and see what she does...?

steam_sig.png
    Wait, doesn't Appleton work here?

No, he's the county coroner. He works at the morgue. He's the one that falsified the report for the organs, where we are at now is the organ bank, where the organs came from.

Appleton deleted the donor files from the hospital and works in the Morgue there. A heart, pancreas, kidneys and liver were removed at the hospital from an unknown donor and sent to this Organ bank, which sent Dr. Morgan's donor heart and a pancreas back to the Hospital. Louisa Hernandez was recovering from a pancreas transplant, but that could just be a coincidence.

Or doom pancreas...

steam_sig.png
    and let the fun with suits begin. yes he is messing up his last name on purpose

Original Creepy Janitor

Gimme luck and fast talk checks.

The rest of you need to, y'know, post.

Trying to wrap my head around this, sorry... I guess when in doubt, you seduce the lady in front of you, right?

It certainly ended well last time.

luck and fast talk in that order are

1d100 → [11] = (11) pass for luck
    1d100 → [66] = (66) fail for talking

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3451343/

Original Creepy Janitor

I love how Peff and I aren't actually saying anything of value. Then again, it wouldn't go over well if I whipped out my badge and said "where did these organs come from, the guy we put them in went nutso".

Yeah...well with how my rolls have been (both here and in my RL 3.5 game) you don't want me doing anything related to persuasive talk :(

steam_sig.png
    Peff wrote: »
    Yeah...well with how my rolls have been (both here and in my RL 3.5 game) you don't want me doing anything related to persuasive talk :(
    Counter-argument: spectacular failure is the best.

It is! Anyways there is no good reason to lie to this guy. We're from EON, and our mission is to find Dr. Morgan. The thing we shouldn't tell anyone is that we have authorization to gun him down if he makes trouble :p Besides, it's Dr. Appleton's fault the files went missing.