As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Oh. I appreciate you using it still.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I don't think it's mine. I'm certain I've seen "ponies in Seaddle" somewhere. Rarity was in a beret and they were all in Starbucks. You could see the Space Needle outside.

seaddle_is_for_hipsters_by_ohthatchristina-d4lat8y.jpg

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thaaaat was the one.

EDIT: But on the topic, I did come up with one I haven't seen, probably because it's a Canadian city: Whinnypeg.

Shadowen on
    Well. It's not across the sea at least. In cities like Trotterdam and Mareseille.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Trotonto

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    potential real spoiler about a returning character
    john de lancie says he recently recorded another episode

SaraLuna on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    potential real spoiler about a returning character
    john de lancie says he recently recorded another episode
    Back around March 12th a small rumor started from the MLPArena forum boards about the possible return of John de Lancie to MLP. A member by the name of Fluttersquid had attended the Toronto Comicon, and after the panel had gone up to JdL to get a picture of Discord signed by him. He laughed and started talking about the lack of females approaching him. She mentioned MLP to him and he gave out a little spoiler, namely about returning to the show. (Thread found here).

Since we didn’t have a second source outside a forum post, we didn’t bother to post about it, but it seems someone has recently uploaded JdL’s panel from the Comicon, where at one point (about 29:22) someone asks if he had thought about doing more voice over work, such as he did in MLP. His response is “I’ve done actually another MLP, which is coming out.

It is most likely that JdL will reappear as a voice in Season 3, as way back when Season 2 first started he made the response on twitter of roughly saying that he wasn’t in anymore episodes, but if we wanted to hear him next season, to let Hasbro know. JdL’s entire panel (roughly an hour) can be found after the page break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWT-Yv0KXQI
    The MLP part can be found around 29:20.

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh my God yes! Of all the possible things that could happen, this is the Best! Possible! Thing!
    I hope it's a flashback episode, where we get to see the origins of the Elements of harmony and Luna & Celestia fight Discord for the first time.

Curly_Brace on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    returning character, YES! So happy it's happing.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Oh my God yes! Of all the possible things that could happen, this is the Best! Possible! Thing!
    I hope it's a flashback episode, where we get to see the origins of the Elements of harmony and Luna & Celestia fight Discord for the first time.
    When I first heard the rumors about him returning that's what I figured and hoped it'd be. I'm such a sucker for world building episodes.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    warban wrote: »
    returning character, YES! So happy it's happing.

Trixie? Gilda? Fuck Buck them, we have Discord.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    The bronyville guys had the Friendship is Witchcraft guys on as guests in their latest podcast

It's good to know people like that are just as funny without scripts and heavy editing

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    15386420-20apple_bloom20artist_derples20comic20Cutie_Mark_Crusaders20scootaloo20Sweetie_Belle.png

tumblr_m18ti3vYBa1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg
    dinky_with_her_mom_by_miradge.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Why would they have a dragon costume if spike wasn't a dragon?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    It has to look unusual for the SEP Field to take effect.

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Derpy needs to get a haircut

She's got a real problem going over there

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Why would they have a dragon costume if spike wasn't a dragon?

Humanized Crackle costume would have been epic.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Don't you mean tailcut?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    You know, I just realized that Sibsy is on a Vinyl Scratch kick... I wonder if this means something...
    (Goes back to making a mountain out of mashed potatoes)

I do love mashed potatoes, and Vinyl Scratch is a pretty awesome background pony.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    iULTukZ7DhZr1.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    I uh, hmm...

That mat presents an awful conundrum.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It really needs a blank space, that isn't part of her face.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh! Because she's a doormat.

Hah.

Oh brilliant
    edited March 2012
    That doormat is just mean! Because it's designed to make you feel bad.
    Either you feel bad because Hey. You stepped on fluttershy's face! That's Kick The Dog material that warrants vast karmic retribution.
    Or, you didn't wipe your feet like fluttershy asked you to. And then you're rude. And evil.

P.S: Except it can't be mean! Because it's fluttershy! So confused.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Wandering IdiotWandering Idiot Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, this guy has apparently been making trailers for MLP episodes as if they were theatrical movies. They're quite good! (Although he has some issues with removing original background music) Full-screen 720p recommended:

EDIT: Unrelated, but I don't want to double-post. I don't visit 4chan that often, but I have to admit this made me laugh (NSFW):
    images containing the n-word are forbidden on this forum

Rankenphile on
    edited March 2012
    EDIT: Unrelated, but I don't want to double-post. I don't visit 4chan than often, but I have to admit this made me laugh:

"Do you have an alligator as a pet? I didn't think so."

He brings up a good point.

Blendtec on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Made me laugh too, but that word might get you in trouble brone.

In general, there are a few things on that one that should be keeping it out of this thread.

So what if Studio B decided on an Avengers themed episode parody? Captain Equestria anyone?

So what if Studio B decided on an Avengers themed episode parody? Captain Equestria anyone?

edited March 2012
    Not sure how I missed this one before. Edit - It's the artists only work, hope he sticks with it and makes more.

B5Ns9.jpg

Blendtec on
    edited March 2012
    Quality on the video is really garbled, but looking past that, it appears real.
    Buried deep within the bowels of a random OnDemand service, someone found a Royal Wedding (Season finale) preview. Sadly, he has a really old camera, but you can at least get the gist of it!

My task for you all: Go dig into your ondemands and get us a recording! Apparently it was attached to Dragon Quest, so that should help narrow it down some.

Anyway, the video can be found after the break!

Update: You can now ignore the garbled version, The Hub's official Youtube channel put up a direct-feed copy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS7OX4LTu4

I can't be sure, and I don't want to raise hopes or expectations that will inevitably be let down, but...narrator kinda sounds like John de Lancie.

SabreMau on
    edited March 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »
    In general, there are a few things on that one that should be keeping it out of this thread.
    Sorry man, I was just trying to talk about my show composed of rainbow-colored magical ponies, I didn't realize there would be a bunch of nancies up in here.

(I added a NSFW tag)

Update: You can now ignore the garbled version, The Hub's official Youtube channel put up a direct-feed copy:

So, is Princess Cadence just the underachieving younger sister who doesn't get involved in the others' godly duties and 1000-year conflicts, or is she not related to Celestia et al? I'm not sure how I feel about Twilight being royalty, it kind of messes with her vibe of being a commoner who was noticed by the Princess through hard work and exceptional talent, rather than any social connections. The only characters I could really buy being secretly royalty are Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, the former because she would never consider bringing it up to brag or gain an advantage, and the latter because she wouldn't really care about it and it could go some way towards explaining her rebellious and arrogant streaks.

The wedding characters both seem like slightly clumsy retcons at this point, but whatever, the episode will probably still be good and the show's never been that strict about continuity.

Wandering Idiot on
    edited March 2012
    Oh, Cadence? We don't know yet who she's related to or not. But Twilight isn't royalty, she's related to Shining Armor, not Princess Cadence. He's (presumably) just a guard pony. Probably one noticed by Princess Cadence through hard work and exceptional talent.

SabreMau on
    edited March 2012
    Twilight Sparkle isn't related to the bride, she's related to the groom.

I knew he was her brother, but I got him mixed up with Prince Blueblood. I suppose he isn't royalty then, much better. HALF OF MY SPECULATIVE DISAPPROVAL: AVERTED.

Wandering Idiot on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    tumblr_lz8tg7Tmxg1r0p4hfo1_500.gif

Yeah, I think that's a bit over the line for what we allow in here too.

That it's not technically explicit or anything? Cartoon show aimed at six-year-old girls; we're trying to shy away from even finding ourselves in "suggestive" territory.

This discussion has been closed.