As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Other than the "Sexy voice" lines, my favorite moment was probably Troy coming out of the imagination room wearing Pierce's dad's ivory wig.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah that was pretty good

is there an amount of episodes that were filmed/written after it was put on hiatus? I imagine so but I'm wondering where that line is. I'm sure some of you know.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    All of the rest of the episodes for this season are already filmed and only maybe the last few are still in editing

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • quantumcat42quantumcat42 Registered User regular
    I think he means, which episodes were actually written or shot after the announcement, meaning they might be colored by the fact that they went on haitus -- that would be really interesting to know.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that the song Annie was humming when she walks by Jeff when he's working on his speech was Daybreak? AKA the song Abed hummed during the Halloween episode. Awesome.

That was my favorite part.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    I think he means, which episodes were actually written or shot after the announcement, meaning they might be colored by the fact that they went on haitus -- that would be really interesting to know.

yeah that's what I meant

• valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    this was pretty good. loved "they're are a lot of layers to this". the whole britta/jeff personal history reveal/marriage, britta being good at floral arrangements. just top notch. so glad this is back

_J_ wrote: »

yeah, I'd say so.

although, though apparently the cbs comedies were having an off week so they ddn't have that direct competition. We'll see how the next couple of weeks go to say for sure.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Well, next week also won't be relevant, for NCAA tournament reasons.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    It's ratings were impressive when stacked against the declining series low ratings of the office. the world is apparently tired of the office.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Only on my second viewing did I notice there was no Chang!

And... a joke was lost on me; Shirley's miss piggy voice being her "sexy voice" made Jeff and Britta go "OHHH!" - why? :P

I can see it two ways:
    1) If her ex thinks that's sexy, it explains why he's so into her, because she's constantly talking like that.

2) It explains why Shirley talks like that all the time, because she thinks it gets a positive reaction out of people.

Watch any old community episode after knowing this. Hear Shirley use her sexy voice. Try not to laugh.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Look at me now, Dad!

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Other than the "Sexy voice" lines, my favorite moment was probably Troy coming out of the imagination room wearing Pierce's dad's ivory wig.

I thought he was buried with that. Maybe it was his spare wig.:)

I like how Britta loathes herself over something that she excels at and then Brittas everything else.

Edit: To take my comment to the next level, she is essentially rebelling against herself. She is inherently rebellious.

Krathoon on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

I thought he was buried with that. Maybe it was his spare wig.:)

I like how Britta loathes herself over something that she excels at and then Brittas everything else.

The wig was legally endowed to the person who killed him (Jeff).

Who presumably gave it to Troy and Abed.

• Not0KNot0K Registered User new member
    Krathoon wrote:
    Edit: To take my comment to the next level, she is essentially rebelling against herself. She is inherently rebellious.

She's pro-anti.

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Don't know why, but my favourite was "Walk away man."

The Troy/Abed story was cool, but seemed disconnected - and the back-to-normal switch seemed pretty sudden. Obviously it had to happen though.

Britta's and Jeff's storylines were fantastic together. "There's a lot of layers to this."

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Tav wrote: »
    Look at me now, Dad!
    this was an awesome callback

although it felt like a further-removed callback than it was

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I was a little upset there wasn't a payoff for Troy and Abed returning to normal. I mean, he sees Annie's Boobs and decides it's time to be weird again...but they didn't do anything.

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Well, Annie's Boobs can have a weird effect on people.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    I was a little upset there wasn't a payoff for Troy and Abed returning to normal. I mean, he sees Annie's Boobs and decides it's time to be weird again...but they didn't do anything.

they weren't themselves and Troy could see how it wasn't healthy to lie to themselves like that

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    although, to be fair

the girl abed was dancing with was mighty attractive

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Well, Annie's Boobs can have a weird effect on people.

Look what it did to Troy!

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    although, to be fair

But he does have a pretty easy time with the girls because he is insanely adorable.

Jokerman wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    although, to be fair

But he does have a pretty easy time with the girls because he is insanely adorable.

and his aloofness reminds them of their fathers.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Watching this episode again.

The first 3 minutes are non-stop win.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    thank you for reminding me that I missed the first 5 minutes of the episode... because those minutes where fantastic and I feel like a happier person because of them.

• MuridenMuriden Registered User regular

I was very sad to see he didn't follow the monkey into the vents. Maybe a scene where he listens in on John Goodman plotting. Side note: I can't get enough of the heating and air arc.

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    thank you for reminding me that I missed the first 5 minutes of the episode... because those minutes where fantastic and I feel like a happier person because of them.

Wow I forgot that I missed them as well! Thanks guys.. gonna write myself a note!

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    His shadow!

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Worst. Episode. Ever.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    You're bizarro emnmnme, right?

It was good, and it went dark at the end like Harmon said the season was going to.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Nope, I didn't like this episode. Too wacky. Too ... Family Guy-esque.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    It was not my favorite either. Neither of the major plots really worked, outside of sight gags.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I think this might have been the weirdest episode yet.

And I loved it.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    You're bizarro emnmnme, right?

It was good, and it went dark at the end like Harmon said the season was going to.

Not that dark.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Wow, Annie has a lot of purple floral dresses.

• useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    I didn't think it was weird or bad... I thought it had some season one feel to it actually. it did go off the track a little at the end however.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    useless4 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was weird or bad... I thought it had some season one feel to it actually. it did go off the track a little at the end however.

I don't mean that it was weird in the sense of being implausible within the show's universe, since obviously that zombie episode tops everything.

But zombies are something we've seen on other shows, and I can explain the premise to someone else and they'll more or less know what to expect.

But
    "addiction to celebrity impersonators" and "Winger turning into a narcissistic version of the Incredible Hulk," not to mention the ending, are two ideas that are just so outlandish that I can't imagine explaining the episode to someone who hasn't seen the show.