Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[AusPAX 2013] - Margaret River, WA - Oct/Nov 2013

VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable!Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Singularity Engine++
auspaxtrans.png

After a very successful and highly enjoyable AusPAX 2011 at Byron Bay, planning for AusPAX 2013 is now UNDERWAY! This OP will be regularly updated to reflect the different stages of the planning process, so please check back often!

CURRENT IMPORTANT THING THAT WE ARE DECIDING
Now that we know where we're going, it's time to decide WHEN! Scheduling can be contentious, we know, but we do try to accommodate as many people as we realistically can. For those who would like a rough estimate, the general idea is to aim for early 2013 (January - March for summer) or late 2013 (October - December for spring).

YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT
Please send me a PM containing the following information:

1. Interest: You are definitely still interested or are definitely no longer interested in AusPAX 2013.
2. Exclusions: When you would absolutely CANNOT attend AusPAX; be as specific as possible, such as early/mid/late <month> or exact dates if you know them.
3. Preferences: When you would PREFER to attend AusPAX; you can give me as many preferences as you like, as long as you order them.
4. Reasons: for both of the above or clarifications if you cannot give any dates at all (i.e., waiting on university schedule, possible job starting etc).
5. Your E-mail address if I do not already have it from the location vote.

YOU MUST SEND ME A PM EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS OR PREFERENCES.
This is to confirm that you are still interested in attending. If I do not receive a PM from you, you will be removed from the Expression of Interest list and will miss out on key information to come.

If you are not on the list but are now interested in attending, go ahead and send me a PM with the above information!

PM'S ARE DUE BY 11:59:59 PM ON 30 APRIL, 2012.
This later deadline is so that you guys can begin to consult your calendars and schedules, which I know for some people can take time. If I don't have a PM from you by this deadline, you'll be taken off the EoI list.

--- CURRENT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ---
If you are interested in joining us for what will likely end up being 7 to 9 days of sun, surf, and excellent company, please mention me (@Vivixenne) in a post somewhere in this thread to get added to this list. Getting added to the list means you will receive messages keeping you updated about the specifics of the trip and you will also be invited to help make some of the more important decisions around it (i.e., voting etc). You are not committing to coming by expressing interest and you can pull out later if things don't end up working out for you. The current list is as follows:

@Vivixenne
@Blake T
@Tef
@#pipe
@Hitsuraptor
stimtokolos
@Wimble
@That Dave Fella
@neville
@Fishman
@theSquid
@Kincaid
@Anzekay
@Zonugal
@Gatsby
@HyperBallad
@SwissLion
@Seguer
CuZZa
@Mr Fuzzbutt
@PixelMonkey
@The Lovely Bastard
@Butler
Oden
@LaCabra
Stale
@chrishallett83
@Flay
@zucchini
@The Black Hunter
@TrueHereticX
@Tweaked_Bat_
@Amy
@AJR
@flynnie
Keith
narwhal

--- LOCATION ---
AusPAX 2013, as voted on by you, will be taking place in Margaret River, WA. This region sits cozily in the far southwestern corner of Australia and is 4 hours' drive from Perth. It features the state's premier wine region, some gorgeous stretches of coastline and beach, as well as some of the most popular surfing destinations in the world. There's a great mix of things to do, but basically if you want to kick back, enjoy some great wine (and also some amazing beer from various microbreweries in the area), hang out on a beach, and relax with some awesome folks... you can't do better!

--- COST ---
We have not yet reached this step in the planning process. This will be decided after we have chosen dates for AusPAX and after a lengthy search for reasonably priced accommodation. Last year, we had a range of accommodation options, from floor-sleepers paying $200/person for the week to massive double rooms with ensuite bathrooms paying $600/person for the week. We hope to meet the same pricing targets this year, but this of course is dependent on location and schedule.

--- ACCOMMODATION ---
We have not yet reached this step in the planning process and this will likely not be complete until much closer to our travel dates (around the same time costs are decided). This is where we sort out who would like to sleep where, with whom, at which house, etc. We try to keep all accommodation within walking distance of each other, with at least one big "base of operations" house that can hold all of us at once for hangouts even if we're not all sleeping there.

--- MINI-AUSPAX - LIST OF PEOPLE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA ---
Spoiler:

Vivixenne on

This discussion has been closed.