As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AusPAX 2013] - Margaret River, WA - Oct/Nov 2013

VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine.Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
auspaxtrans.png

After a very successful and highly enjoyable AusPAX 2011 at Byron Bay, planning for AusPAX 2013 is now UNDERWAY! This OP will be regularly updated to reflect the different stages of the planning process, so please check back often!

CURRENT IMPORTANT THING THAT WE ARE DECIDING
Now that we know where we're going, it's time to decide WHEN! Scheduling can be contentious, we know, but we do try to accommodate as many people as we realistically can. For those who would like a rough estimate, the general idea is to aim for early 2013 (January - March for summer) or late 2013 (October - December for spring).

YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT
Please send me a PM containing the following information:

1. Interest: You are definitely still interested or are definitely no longer interested in AusPAX 2013.
2. Exclusions: When you would absolutely CANNOT attend AusPAX; be as specific as possible, such as early/mid/late <month> or exact dates if you know them.
3. Preferences: When you would PREFER to attend AusPAX; you can give me as many preferences as you like, as long as you order them.
4. Reasons: for both of the above or clarifications if you cannot give any dates at all (i.e., waiting on university schedule, possible job starting etc).
5. Your E-mail address if I do not already have it from the location vote.

YOU MUST SEND ME A PM EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS OR PREFERENCES.
This is to confirm that you are still interested in attending. If I do not receive a PM from you, you will be removed from the Expression of Interest list and will miss out on key information to come.

If you are not on the list but are now interested in attending, go ahead and send me a PM with the above information!

PM'S ARE DUE BY 11:59:59 PM ON 30 APRIL, 2012.
This later deadline is so that you guys can begin to consult your calendars and schedules, which I know for some people can take time. If I don't have a PM from you by this deadline, you'll be taken off the EoI list.

--- CURRENT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ---
If you are interested in joining us for what will likely end up being 7 to 9 days of sun, surf, and excellent company, please mention me (@Vivixenne) in a post somewhere in this thread to get added to this list. Getting added to the list means you will receive messages keeping you updated about the specifics of the trip and you will also be invited to help make some of the more important decisions around it (i.e., voting etc). You are not committing to coming by expressing interest and you can pull out later if things don't end up working out for you. The current list is as follows:

@Vivixenne
@Blake T
@Tef
@#pipe
@Hitsuraptor
stimtokolos
@Wimble
@That Dave Fella
@neville
@Fishman
@theSquid
@Kincaid
@Anzekay
@Zonugal
@Gatsby
@HyperBallad
@SwissLion
@Seguer
CuZZa
@Mr Fuzzbutt
@PixelMonkey
@The Lovely Bastard
@Butler
Oden
@LaCabra
Stale
@chrishallett83
@Flay
@zucchini
@The Black Hunter
@TrueHereticX
@Tweaked_Bat_
@Amy
@AJR
@flynnie
Keith
narwhal

--- LOCATION ---
AusPAX 2013, as voted on by you, will be taking place in Margaret River, WA. This region sits cozily in the far southwestern corner of Australia and is 4 hours' drive from Perth. It features the state's premier wine region, some gorgeous stretches of coastline and beach, as well as some of the most popular surfing destinations in the world. There's a great mix of things to do, but basically if you want to kick back, enjoy some great wine (and also some amazing beer from various microbreweries in the area), hang out on a beach, and relax with some awesome folks... you can't do better!

--- COST ---
We have not yet reached this step in the planning process. This will be decided after we have chosen dates for AusPAX and after a lengthy search for reasonably priced accommodation. Last year, we had a range of accommodation options, from floor-sleepers paying $200/person for the week to massive double rooms with ensuite bathrooms paying $600/person for the week. We hope to meet the same pricing targets this year, but this of course is dependent on location and schedule.

--- ACCOMMODATION ---
We have not yet reached this step in the planning process and this will likely not be complete until much closer to our travel dates (around the same time costs are decided). This is where we sort out who would like to sleep where, with whom, at which house, etc. We try to keep all accommodation within walking distance of each other, with at least one big "base of operations" house that can hold all of us at once for hangouts even if we're not all sleeping there.

--- MINI-AUSPAX - LIST OF PEOPLE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA ---
PERTH
Vivixenne, Blake T, Butler, Waka Laka, Kincaid, Dublo7, chrishallettbunchanumbers, BigKev, noobert, AJR, flynnie, Dhalphir, desperaterobots, PixelMonkey, Tallweirdo, Tef, Anzekay, Samuelson, RocketScience, CuZZa, webofink

SYDNEY
Oden, Air, Tweaked_Bat_, bsjezz, Prohass, Gatsby, Ambassador, TrueHereticX, TheSquid, Flay, HyperBallad, Jintor, Seguer

MELBOURNE
Synthetic Orange, stimtokolos, Cyvros, YaYa, grug, ruzkin, Mr Fuzzbutt, Hitsuraptor, LaCabra, The Boy Satellite, Unlucky

BRISBANE
#pipe, Flyingman, Avicus, SwissLion, Crimson King, joshua11, Lorahalo

CANBERRA
The Black Hunter, marty_0001, Chronocide

OTHER NEAT PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA
- Glorfindel (Gold Coast)
- bezerk bob (Toowoomba)
- Veldrin (Darwin)

ACTUAL AUSTRALIANS WHO ARE NOT IN AUSTRALIA (BUT PROBABLY WISH THEY WERE)
- tynic
- Lewie P's Stepdad

2011 HONORARY AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR

- Wimble

AWESOME KIWIS WHO ARE AWESOME

- Fishman
- KiraKiraKira
- Fletcher
- Katat
- L|ama

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
Vivixenne on

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You need to fix a bunch of those notifications.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    yeah I did, I copy pasted from the displayed post since I couldn't get the code back

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    also from the previous thread

I GOT MY PARTNER VISA APPROVED

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you're stuck with me for TWO YEARS, MINIMUM

Vivixenne on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Should I vote considering I almost certainly won't be in Australia when this is on? Should I be removed from the expressions of interest?

goddammit are you missing this?

why did I ever encourage you to move to Canada

but yeah if you are not coming then maybe I should take you off the EoI list

with the heaviest heart

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    New plan. Ban Dave from the Internet.

edited March 2012
    also, just in case the forums don't notify when a tag has been fixed:

@The Black Hunter @Mr Fuzzbutt @That Dave Fella @The Lovely Bastard

please read the OP, action is required!

and I guess @Blake T so he doesn't yell at me <.<

Vivixenne on
    it just won't be AusPAX without Pipe :C

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Well I'm planning on leaving in August this year and staying for a year

so that would mean I miss it right?

it just won't be AusPAX without Pipe :C

I'll be there in spirit

and over skype

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

HENCE THE THREAD TITLE

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holy crap, congratulations Viv!

Nat just recently got hers approved too, so Immigration is doing something good I guess.

Veldrin on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    also, just in case the forums don't notify when a tag has been fixed:

@The Black Hunter @Mr Fuzzbutt @That Dave Fella @The Lovely Bastard

and I guess @Blake T so he doesn't yell at me <.<

hello

broken image link
    #pipe wrote: »

Well I'm planning on leaving in August this year and staying for a year

so that would mean I miss it right?

yeah unless you wrangle a trip back during AusPAX

or unless it gets scheduled for the Nov-Dec 2013

it's your call, honestly

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I have done that which was asked of me. I also used Irish words.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    'Straya

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you're stuck with me for TWO YEARS, MINIMUM

Congratulations! :D:D:D

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I sent my PM

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Okay so auspax may end up being a shade tedious for me if we do it early next year. Hopefully not though, we'll see.

Also there is a slight possibility that there may be a Narwhal at Auspax as well. Maybe. Depends on dates and a lot of other things but we've entertained the idea so I think it's worth mentioning.

Anzekay on
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Okay so auspax may end up being a shade tedious for me if we do it early next year. Hopefully not though, we'll see.

Also there is a slight possibility that there may be a Narwhal at Auspax as well. Maybe. Depends on dates and a lot of other things but we've entertained the idea so I think it's worth mentioning.

kiKTL.png

Gatsby wrote: »

kiKTL.png
    cute_narwhal_is_swimmin_by_finsternissan-d32m2zj.png

Must hug all Narwhals.

Every single one.

This is an alternative explanation.

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Congratulations Viv! Did you get your government issued Holden Ute and Southern Cross tattoo? A friend of mine who is moving here from Seattle next year already has one, it's done using Mario stars. I laughed my ass off but she really wants to be an aussie.

Also - MELBOURNITES. I'm coming over for a week after easter to visit my girlfriend's friends and family as well as attend MSO's SYmphony Of Legends. Are any of you going to it?

I stand by my statement.

Oh hey it's Cuzza! I didn't see you at wai-con in January, were you not there?

edited March 2012

I stand by my statement.

Just be careful okay. I can't promise that what might happen if you try and hug a narwhal will end well

Anzekay on

I stand by my statement.

Just be careful okay. I can't promise that what might happen if you try and hug a narwhal will end well

You're talking to a man who once called a picture of a Tasmanian Tiger unhinging its jaw "wonderful."

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I don't think any of us are going to see the MSO CuZZa but I could be wrong.
    God I am sick of writing this paper though.
    It should not have taken me 24 hours (realtime) to write 1700 words.

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh hey it's Cuzza! I didn't see you at wai-con in January, were you not there?

I didn't run the video games room this year, but I was there mostly just hanging out and saying hi to people. The usual honey badger thing.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Must hug all Narwhals.

Every single one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    Woooooo!

I just got my copy of ME3! :D

Any of you homps wanna play, my gamertag's Mental Corgi.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I haven't logged into the ME3 multiplayer yet, but I'm on your friends list somewhere. Mostly still playing Skyrim at the moment.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm currently playing starcraft.

Fishman wrote: »
    I haven't logged into the ME3 multiplayer yet, but I'm on your friends list somewhere. Mostly still playing Skyrim at the moment.

No problem. I think with Blake and 44 we can get a good team going for a few rounds whenever we're all ready and free.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular

fQmgg.png

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular

Is tedious the word you meant to use?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

No problem. I think with Blake and 44 we can get a good team going for a few rounds whenever we're all ready and free.

Currently processing that ending in my head, but yeah I would be down for this later.

edited March 2012
    Kincaid wrote: »

Is tedious the word you meant to use?

I was really tired when I wrote that post. Complicated is probably the word was looking for, but I'm sure working out all the shit I'll have to work out will be at least a little tedious.

Anzekay on
This discussion has been closed.