As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AusPAX 2013] - Margaret River, WA - Oct/Nov 2013

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    I haven't logged into the ME3 multiplayer yet, but I'm on your friends list somewhere. Mostly still playing Skyrim at the moment.

No problem. I think with Blake and 44 we can get a good team going for a few rounds whenever we're all ready and free.

Currently processing that ending in my head, but yeah I would be down for this later.

Charge er'ry thing er'ry day.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I haven't logged into the ME3 multiplayer yet, but I'm on your friends list somewhere. Mostly still playing Skyrim at the moment.

No problem. I think with Blake and 44 we can get a good team going for a few rounds whenever we're all ready and free.

Currently processing that ending in my head, but yeah I would be down for this later.

I am a purely Space Magician (Adept)/Infiltrator kind of guy.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

That was me in the endgame (and most of the game)

In the multiplayer it is all about the engineer techs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1b6ko1I00A

• narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Usually when people want hugs I give them willingly :P
    It's just if Anzie is around, he may not let go of me long enough for me to give them to anyone else

Narwhal#1834
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I won't be making this so I guess take me off the interested list

Sorry

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    nooo keith :(

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Keith's afraid of the hugging competition is he

I should have known

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Oh wow. I thought an actual narwhal was coming.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    We can have both

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Sorry but only deadly animals are allowed at AusPAX.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    But narwhals. Narwhals! Their horns count, right? Right?!

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    Yeah those horns look pretty fucking deadly

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »

yay

broken image link
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    I feel for sure that a book I owned once had pictures of Narwhals stabbing demons or something.

That was the kind of book my mum tended to get us as kids.

Further examples include a book whose villain was a monkey toy which was one of those get the balls in the hole things, and they were his eyes, and if he got his eyes into the holes in time and he saw you you died. The imagery of said monkey haunts me to this day.

And one which was a russian book, and it basically was a story told from the perspective of the atom split in the Hiroshima Atomic bomb.

Yeeeeeah.

Also PM sent Yay!

ImWcN1I.png?3

yay

does deadly to large fish count

Narwhals don't have a horn actually. They have a tooth that decided to grow up through their skull.
    Also narwhal is not a name I chose for myself. I'm an enforcer at PAX and I chose the handle "jularlmin" but when I told some other enforcers someone thought I said narwhal. When I tried to correct them they were like, I can't say that word, I'm going to call you narwhal instead. And then it stuck.
    My name has nothing to do with the animal or reddit, just a misunderstanding. :P

Narwhal#1834

yay

also yay

also also Squid I had some Calamari the other day that made me feel a bit nauseous maybe you could work from there?

Though it might have just been the fact I scoffed about a dozen pieces of squid, a box of chips and a coke in about 1 and a half minutes.

In which case ASSEMBLE YOUR TEAM.

Also anyone playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer on the 360 between the hours of 9 and 11:30 each night send me a PM because that is basically the only time I am available forever ugh

ImWcN1I.png?3
    narwhal wrote: »
    Narwhals don't have a horn actually. They have a tooth that decided to grow up through their skull.

That is even more terrifying

Anzekay wrote: »

That is even more terrifying

*wisdom tooth joke*

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I'd really like auspax to happen when pipe is back from canada :(

is the popular vote for early 2013 or could it still be late 2013 I am not sure how people feel

4SMZq.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »

is the popular vote for early 2013 or could it still be late 2013 I am not sure how people feel

Man don't organise AusPAX around me

just

everyone come visit me in Vancouver instead.

Or go to PAX Prime 12 or 13.

What about the middle of 2013, like when people in Northernlands have summer vacation :P Do you guys get school breaks sometime in June or July?

Narwhal#1834
    Anzie might try and get you guys to plan this so I can come too but I just got here so if I can't make it, not a big deal.
    I'm more just curious to know when people get uni breaks in Australia, because apparently your yearly schedule is nothing like mine. Christmas in summer, that seems like a weird concept to me. O_O

Narwhal#1834
    Huge break between November and March, essentially. Barring Summer semester or anything nuts (i.e. applies in now way to my course) like that.

And a few weeks somewhere in the middle, but that would be winter and not ideal beachgoing weather which let's face it is the only reason anyone comes here.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Anzie might try and get you guys to plan this so I can come too but I just got here so if I can't make it, not a big deal.
    I'm more just curious to know when people get uni breaks in Australia, because apparently your yearly schedule is nothing like mine. Christmas in summer, that seems like a weird concept to me. O_O

we generally have breaks around the same time as you guys. Although our academic year goes from February to November. The big break from one year to the other is the summer/christmas break.

But yeah there are breaks at Easter, June/July and then September. Usually 1-3 weeks long.

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

just

maybe I will!

4SMZq.jpg
    The Easter and September breaks are only so in the loosest of terms in my experience.

Always so much crap to do over that break.

ImWcN1I.png?3
    Only if you care about studying or doing assignments

Only if you care about studying or doing assignments

Hahaaaaaaaa

Yeah.

I'm liking the assignment I'll be working on over the break. Basically its a group assignment where we design, pitch and then make a prototype (alpha) for a game in unity. Because our group comes from altogether different degrees we can actually focus on different areas instead of trying to find some way of splitting a small code base amongst three people.

Naw I wouldn't try and get the whole thing scheduled around just us, that wouldn't be kosher. Hopefully it'll just turn out in a way that works out for us, as well as everyone else.

just

I would totally do PAX Prime 2013

Just, money.

SwissLion wrote: »
    The Easter and September breaks are only so in the loosest of terms in my experience.

Always so much crap to do over that break.

They're also like 1 or 2 weeks long, max, for uni students.

we generally have breaks around the same time as you guys. Although our academic year goes from February to November. The big break from one year to the other is the summer/christmas break.

But yeah there are breaks at Easter, June/July and then September. Usually 1-3 weeks long.

Okay, not even all American breaks are the same, so I dunno to which yours is similar.
    At my college (what you people call uni), this was my break system:
    School starts early Sept, break from the week before Thanksgiving (early Nov) through New years. Two week break in March. Summer from mid June through August.
    My sister, however has this break system:
    Head to school mid August. One week break for Thanksgiving. Get out of school for Christmas and have a break through January. Week off in February, week off in April, get out of school in May.
    And then my high school this upcoming school year where I will be working in Hungary has a week off in October (that is something I've never heard of), three weeks around Christmas, a week February, a week in April, and then gets out really early I think.
    No two schools or two school systems I have ever encountered have ever had similar breaks.

Narwhal#1834
    You guys plan whatever. If I can make it I will, but if not, I'll come visit Australia during my summer (your winter) next year. That's my hope. :)

Narwhal#1834
    Huh, yeah over here a lot of schools have very similar breaks. Our main ones are between June and July, which is usually for uni the break between semesters. Then after that it's October/November to February/March which is the long summer break.

Primary and High school have fairly similar breaks too. 2 weeks between 1st and 2nd terms, a slightly longer break during winter (between 2nd and 3rd) another 2 weeks between 3rd and 4th, and then early-mid december until the first week of feb for the summer holidays

Some private schools are a little different, and of course year 11 and 12s finish 4th term between 3 and 8 weeks sooner than everyone else (but then have exams).

• PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    goddammit are you missing this?

why did I ever encourage you to move to Canada

Well I'm planning on leaving in August this year and staying for a year

so that would mean I miss it right?

I demand you kill a bear in hand to hand combat when you get there.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    In all seriousness at this point, the timing of it could very well depend on where we end up going. Some places are lovely in the spring while others are far superior in the summer.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Man leave Bears alone. Bears are rad.

Substitute a couple of Mooses to keep up the Canadian theme and balance out the deadliness.

Or like 80 Beavers that have been given cocaine or something.

ImWcN1I.png?3
This discussion has been closed.