Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[East] PAX East Parties

1356

Posts

  • OhyOhy Registered User regular
    Ah! I wish there were more 18+ parties! Almost only a year and a half short of 21 :\

  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User
    Ohy wrote: »
    Ah! I wish there were more 18+ parties! Almost only a year and a half short of 21 :\

    You and me both. Go to the Curse party - it appears to be 18+.

    PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Registered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    Ohy wrote: »
    Ah! I wish there were more 18+ parties! Almost only a year and a half short of 21 :\

    You and me both. Go to the Curse party - it appears to be 18+.

    The year (and PAX) before my 21st birthday was rough. The larger parties can be fun but ungodly crowded. I would recommend finding some of the smaller parties. Your hotel might be host to a few.

    We are in quite the gaming drought.
  • OhyOhy Registered User regular
    I plan on finding all the 18+ possible! So far I will be going to the Curse. The post party is a maybe. 40.00 is kind of juggling through my head. I know the Westin has a few things from people just meeting to playing some games. The seaport should be throwing something too.

  • GoodFriendAliGoodFriendAli Registered User regular
    Has anyone who's tried to RSVP for the Curse party actually heard back from them yet?

  • Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy Registered User regular
    Has anyone who's tried to RSVP for the Curse party actually heard back from them yet?

    According to the website, if you RSVP'd, you're automatically "on the list" and cofirmation emails with further information will be sent out "prior to the party." I assume that means a few days before the event.

  • OhyOhy Registered User regular
    Has anyone who's tried to RSVP for the Curse party actually heard back from them yet?

    Nope. I will notify when I do.

  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Has anyone who's tried to RSVP for the Curse party actually heard back from them yet?

    Nope nothing from curse yet but as someone above mentioned there will probably be some individual hotel parties at the westin and seaport at least. There was some talk of this over in the hotel thread regarding digging up old n64s

  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    Namco Bandai has a mobile game coming out (Rocket Fox) that will be demo'ed at East. Destructoid is teaming up with them to throw a party someplace at some time (descriptive, I know). Hamza from Dtoid says more details are coming soon.
    http://www.destructoid.com/new-alien-confidential-rocket-fox-games-comics-coming-223228.phtml
    Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

    Update: The Namco/ShiftyLook/Destructoid party (all-ages) will be in the Westin (Commonwealth Ballroom) on Friday 7-10pm. THERE WILL BE WAFFLES.
    Details - RSVP Facebook Page and Non-Facebook Page Details

  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    Namco Bandai has a mobile game coming out (Rocket Fox) that will be demo'ed at East. Destructoid is teaming up with them to throw a party someplace at some time (descriptive, I know). Hamza from Dtoid says more details are coming soon.
    http://www.destructoid.com/new-alien-confidential-rocket-fox-games-comics-coming-223228.phtml
    Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

    Update: The Namco/ShiftyLook/Destructoid party (all-ages) will be in the Westin (Commonwealth Ballroom) on Friday 7-10pm. THERE WILL BE WAFFLES.
    Details - RSVP Facebook Page and Non-Facebook Page Details

    DID YOU SAY WAFFLES?! :D haha

    Awesome, thanks for keeping up with this!

  • RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    Anyone who went to the Harmonix movie/party last year, was it a problem just buying tickets at the door or is space limited enough that you need to buy tickets ahead of time?

  • sofreshsodarrylsofreshsodarryl Registered User regular
    @Krissta thanks for maintaining this list! I'll definitely be checking here frequently.

    On Saturday night gaygamer.net is having a meetup at Fritz from 9pm-??. http://gaygamer.net/2012/03/pax_east_gay_gamer_meetup_at_f.html

  • MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User
    hey @dalaamprince is there no way to RSVP that party without Facebook? you posted a non-facebook link but if there's a way to do that without FB I can't figure it out. I might be down for it but I don't have a facebook account...

  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    MrGone1980 wrote: »
    hey @dalaamprince is there no way to RSVP that party without Facebook? you posted a non-facebook link but if there's a way to do that without FB I can't figure it out. I might be down for it but I don't have a facebook account...
    From the FB event: "Note: RSVP does not guarantee entry into the event and is for planning purposes only. A limited number of "priority" entries will be announced closer to the event so you can secure your place and SKIP THE LINE, so stay tuned!"

    So I'm guessing it's going to be first come first served. Saying you're attending on the FB page doesn't really mean anything. :)

  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    @Krissta thanks for maintaining this list! I'll definitely be checking here frequently.

    On Saturday night gaygamer.net is having a meetup at Fritz from 9pm-??. http://gaygamer.net/2012/03/pax_east_gay_gamer_meetup_at_f.html

    No problem whatsoever! To me, the parties are what makes PAX really special. You can game all day, then have some drinks with fellow gamers. And, especially for me, being able to go to parties put on by companies that you really appreciate their work. It gives me a chance to tell them that I really appreciate their work! :)

    And thanks for this link! I'll update the OP!

  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    MrGone1980 wrote: »
    hey @dalaamprince is there no way to RSVP that party without Facebook? you posted a non-facebook link but if there's a way to do that without FB I can't figure it out. I might be down for it but I don't have a facebook account...
    From the FB event: "Note: RSVP does not guarantee entry into the event and is for planning purposes only. A limited number of "priority" entries will be announced closer to the event so you can secure your place and SKIP THE LINE, so stay tuned!"

    So I'm guessing it's going to be first come first served. Saying you're attending on the FB page doesn't really mean anything. :)

    They might just be using it to get a general idea of how many people might be attending? :|

  • fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    This is our third year at PAX East but would be our first year attending a party. I hope we can get in to the Namco/ShiftyLook/Destructoid one. I'm really looking forward to getting out and partying with my cane (even though it's not a pretty prop LOL). :D

    I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2011-2012-2013 & Vids: 2012-2013-2014
  • Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    RevGutter wrote: »
    Anyone who went to the Harmonix movie/party last year, was it a problem just buying tickets at the door or is space limited enough that you need to buy tickets ahead of time?

    I went last year, buy your tickets before-they were sold out last year

  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Kiki_lou wrote: »
    RevGutter wrote: »
    Anyone who went to the Harmonix movie/party last year, was it a problem just buying tickets at the door or is space limited enough that you need to buy tickets ahead of time?

    I went last year, buy your tickets before-they were sold out last year

    How was it last year out of curiosity? I'm really looking forward to it but would like to know what I'm getting into.

  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    We're having a little scavenger hunt, giving people a chance to win a VIP pass for Gamers Gone Wild. Updated that thread, but details are here for your convenience http://www.digitalnoob.com/contests-events/win-vip-pass-gamers-wild-12/

    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    Namco Bandai has a mobile game coming out (Rocket Fox) that will be demo'ed at East. Destructoid is teaming up with them to throw a party someplace at some time (descriptive, I know). Hamza from Dtoid says more details are coming soon.
    http://www.destructoid.com/new-alien-confidential-rocket-fox-games-comics-coming-223228.phtml
    Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

    Update: The Namco/ShiftyLook/Destructoid party (all-ages) will be in the Westin (Commonwealth Ballroom) on Friday 7-10pm. THERE WILL BE WAFFLES.
    Details - RSVP Facebook Page and Non-Facebook Page Details

    That looks like it could be fun, but I'm not about to miss the Extra Credits panel, and I don't know if there'll be enough time between Extra Credits and the Rain Slick panel. Might be a party I have to miss.

    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • frizzlefry2frizzlefry2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Krissta-Thanks for doing this! I busted azz trying to get into the Irrational party last year. Got some killer swag but no wristband...alas I cannot make costumes for costly being I am artistically challenged... <img class=" title=":cry:" class="bbcode_smiley" />

    frizzlefry2 on
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Has anyone who's tried to RSVP for the Curse party actually heard back from them yet?

    Nope nothing from curse yet but as someone above mentioned there will probably be some individual hotel parties at the westin and seaport at least. There was some talk of this over in the hotel thread regarding digging up old n64s

    I am hoping I do. It is my friends birthday that weekend and this would be an awesome bash!

  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Krissta-Thanks for doing this! I busted azz trying to get into the Irrational party last year. Got some killer swag but no wristband...alas I cannot make costumes for costly being I am artistically challenged... <img class=" title=":cry:" class="bbcode_smiley" />

    Hah! Well, I am also artistically-challenged, but I did get an invite to the party this year. :) (Not to rub it in, but I am THRILLED!) lol

    Krissta on
  • SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hi There,

    This is Arty from Sanshee. I thought I'd throw our party hat into the ring and post this up. It's our first party. Should be a good time for all!

    You can read more about it here.

    sanshee-party-2012-smaller.jpg

    Sanshee on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Registered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »
    Hi There,

    This is Arty from Sanshee. I thought I'd throw our party hat into the ring and post this up. It's our first party. Should be a good time for all!

    You can read more about it here.

    sanshee-party-2012-smaller.jpg

    I see there will be themed drinks. Is this going to be a cash bar or open bar?

    We are in quite the gaming drought.
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    C'mon open bar.....

  • SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wish I could make it open bar. Those are always good times, but this is our first party and it wasn't in the budget.

    Sanshee on
  • frizzlefry2frizzlefry2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Arty-Thanks for the info; excited to check it out!

    Krissta-JEALOUS! You are just like all those peeps last year that got wristbands right in front of me! Grrrrrr!!! o_O lol

    frizzlefry2 on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    Definitely signing up for the Sanshee party on Saturday.

    A note on open bars: they're awesome but can lead to awkward moments. Ended up at a party last year, was ordering a drink. A moment later I find Mr. Huge Developer standing next to me.

    Me: "Thank you so much for those great games. Really. Please let me get you a drink"
    Him: "Thanks man. But uh, it's an open bar"
    Me: [silence followed by mumbling and epic fail]

    Krissta: pictures, pictures, pictures! How about a thread of PAX parties pictures after all is said and done?

    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »
    Hi There,

    This is Arty from Sanshee. I thought I'd throw our party hat into the ring and post this up. It's our first party. Should be a good time for all!

    You can read more about it here.

    sanshee-party-2012-smaller.jpg

    Thank you for having a party so I could have heard about your website and have discovered a new place to buy clothing from.

    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    lucazzo wrote: »

    Me: "Thank you so much for those great games. Really. Please let me get you a drink"
    Him: "Thanks man. But uh, it's an open bar"
    Me: [silence followed by mumbling and epic fail]

    Hopefully I can experience my own fail this year! Normally I wouldn't care too much but its a close friends birthday and first PAX so I want to show him a good time!

  • septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »
    I wish I could make it open bar. Those are always good times, but this is our first party and it wasn't in the budget.

    So just for clarification, you need both an invite and a badge to get in the door or is it one or the other? Thanks!

  • SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    septagon wrote: »
    Sanshee wrote: »
    I wish I could make it open bar. Those are always good times, but this is our first party and it wasn't in the budget.

    So just for clarification, you need both an invite and a badge to get in the door or is it one or the other? Thanks!


    Invites can only be earned by defeating our three ton "Sanshee Brand" mecha-gorilla that makes its roost on the pinnacle of the convention center* So we thought it would be in everybody's best interest to allow access to the party with either or. I hope that helps.




    *one per victor, some restrictions may apply. The Sanshee company is not responsible for any mecha-gorilla related injury or death. Godspeed.

    Sanshee on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    RSVP'd for the curse party because.... open bar! see you guys there, i'll be the drunk alan wake

    3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter Registered User regular
    RSVP'd for the curse party because.... open bar! see you guys there, i'll be the drunk alan wake

    I will also be there and I will also be drunk. I will have a Gengar hat to be easily identified.

    archer2.png
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    I can be easily identified as the drunk fat guy.....hmm....better get some cool scars or an interesting hat before its too late!

  • ScrumpScrump Registered User regular
    I will be there with my OMG I'm Drunk Kilt!

  • InuFayeInuFaye Registered User
    edited March 2012
    Trying to RSVP for the curse party but the site is super slow.

    Edit: Finally got my RSVP.

    InuFaye on
  • KiashienKiashien Registered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »
    septagon wrote: »
    Sanshee wrote: »
    I wish I could make it open bar. Those are always good times, but this is our first party and it wasn't in the budget.

    So just for clarification, you need both an invite and a badge to get in the door or is it one or the other? Thanks!


    Invites can only be earned by defeating our three ton "Sanshee Brand" mecha-gorilla that makes its roost on the pinnacle of the convention center* So we thought it would be in everybody's best interest to allow access to the party with either or. I hope that helps.




    *one per victor, some restrictions may apply. The Sanshee company is not responsible for any mecha-gorilla related injury or death. Godspeed.

    It would be so boss if there actually was a mecha-gorilla roosting on the convention center.

    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

    Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
Sign In or Register to comment.