As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX Pokemon League 2012: Rivals!

• Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Meetups definitely exist and will be announced soon! Possibly even during this week of non-stop news! ;)

In other news, I just got the proofs for the Rival Cards and they look amazing - I hope everyone enjoys finding rivals as much as we enjoyed debating over the rules. :p

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Heleor wrote: »
    Meetups definitely exist and will be announced soon! Possibly even during this week of non-stop news! ;)

In other news, I just got the proofs for the Rival Cards and they look amazing - I hope everyone enjoys finding rivals as much as we enjoyed debating over the rules. :p

There is SO MUCH NEWS COMING

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    News? News! I'm excited for new news. And excited to see the Rival Cards :o

• Options
    edited March 2012
    DID SOMEONE SAY NEWS?! Well I've got some, hot off the press!

It's the last of our gym leader reveals! Meet the shadowy figure known only as Virus, the Lunar Guardian!

Propriety on
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    Tomorrow starts the EVEN BIGGER NEWS

which will be SO BIG

I suggest you SIT DOWN BEFORE YOU VIEW IT

• Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    Propriety wrote: »

which will be SO BIG

I refuse! I will stand up with a gun in my hand and shoot it off while I read the news it's so apparently big!!

• Options
    MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular

which will be SO BIG

I refuse! I will stand up with a gun in my hand and shoot it off while I read the news it's so apparently big!!

I, on the other hand, will remain seated not only to prepare for the potentially overwhelming news, but also to avoid getting shot.

• Options
    thetom54thetom54 Registered User new member
    This will be my first convention...so I am excited to try and participate in this! Sounds so awesome!

• Options
    THE PROMISED BIG NEWS: the final designs for Rival Cards, and a full description of the associated Rival Challenge, have been posted! Check them out!

Watch out for stray bullets!

But this is hardly the biggest news of the week, which we have saved for... TOMORROW! WHAT EVER COULD IT BE?!?!?!

• Options
    What could possibly be even bigger than the Rival Cards?! Those look amazing, by the way. Can't wait to get a hold of the Intermediate one.

• Options
    The cards and Rival Badges actually arrived in the mail TODAY of all days. Because my timing is just that good. B)

Look at these beauties.

SO MANY CARDS. SO MANY RIVALRIES TO FORGE.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    What are the dimensions of those?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    What are the dimensions of those?

They're the same size as the cards made by the PAX East Trading Cards group, 2.5 x 3.5 inches!

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Sweet!!! Can't wait to get it.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I think I have a card holder that I can use for my Rival card.

Propriety, I promise I won't harass you in our hotel room to beat you, though only on the train to get a battle started. I'm only a casual level player.

• Options

Propriety, I promise I won't harass you in our hotel room to beat you, though only on the train to get a battle started. I'm only a casual level player.

Haha I will accept any and all challenges on the train. In the hotel room I will probably run away and hide though.

I know I promised big news today but the website is being wonky. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon....

• Options

Haha I will accept any and all challenges on the train. In the hotel room I will probably run away and hide though.

I know I promised big news today but the website is being wonky. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon....

If they're in your hotel room, there's nowhere to hide...

• Options
    I think he knows that I wouldn't do that to him. I seem to remember the majority of the time spent in our shared hotel room last year involved sleeping, bathing, and chatting a little bit. By the time we would both be in the hotel room, we'd both be too tired to move, let alone battle.

• Options
    Due to the website outages, I didn't post the BIG NEWS on Friday. Friday's BIG NEWS has been pushed to Monday. Monday's BIGGEST NEWS will be pushed to Tuesday. NEWSAPOLOOZA.

• Options
    Due to the website outages, I didn't post the BIG NEWS on Friday. Friday's BIG NEWS has been pushed to Monday. Monday's BIGGEST NEWS will be pushed to Tuesday. NEWSAPOLOOZA.

This news is most disappointing. I hope that our future news will be the newsiest news of all the news.

• Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    hey guys unfortunatly I will likely not be Miror B for PAX this year. I have a senior research paper and other stress that's been filling all my free time, and next weekend I'm doing college stuff so I probably won't have my pants done in time

though at least I'll still have my Silver cosplay <3
    I'll probably be him for all three days, and may or maynot be Zoey from l4d on friday or sunday for the sake of not wearing the same clothes three days in a row... (she's also a very relaxing sunday cosplay)

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    How busy is sunday for challenging? We were not going to pax for financial reasons but I think the easter bunny is bringing us sunday passes and my 7 year old is in for a hell of a surprise that morning...and a bit of a drive. Will there be a chance for him to challenge someone?

• Options
    How busy is sunday for challenging? We were not going to pax for financial reasons but I think the easter bunny is bringing us sunday passes and my 7 year old is in for a hell of a surprise that morning...and a bit of a drive. Will there be a chance for him to challenge someone?

You're in luck! Sunday is the champion's showcase, and it lasts a bit longer than PAX itself. Most leaders will be there, and getting a badge is easier on the final day. :)

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

You're in luck! Sunday is the champion's showcase, and it lasts a bit longer than PAX itself. Most leaders will be there, and getting a badge is easier on the final day. :)
    That's awesome - now I just have to find a way to subtly have him get a team ready without telling him where we're going.

We're going to buy Sunday tickets tonight or tomorrow - wake him up crazy early Sunday and at the end of the Easter scavenger hunt will be tickets. I'm really excited myself since I thought I was missing this year. We'll have to meet up at the end with you folks too - if he can get a picture with himself and real Pokemon gym leaders I'm sure that photo will be show & tell that week at school!

• Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    We're going to buy Sunday tickets tonight or tomorrow - wake him up crazy early Sunday and at the end of the Easter scavenger hunt will be tickets. I'm really excited myself since I thought I was missing this year. We'll have to meet up at the end with you folks too - if he can get a picture with himself and real Pokemon gym leaders I'm sure that photo will be show & tell that week at school!

This sounds SO adorable! Sunday really is the best day to go too for the league. Most of the 3-day goers are ready to fight the Elite 4 and us regular Leaders don't have as many challengers. Make sure he has a great place to show off all those badges!

• Options
    And here it is! The BIG NEWS I promised: ALL FOUR Elite Four Members have been revealed! Check it out!

• Options
    This is a random question, but if I was to be a Casual-level player and I got the cajones and the badges to battle the Elite 4, would I stand a chance?

• Options
    This is a random question, but if I was to be a Casual-level player and I got the cajones and the badges to battle the Elite 4, would I stand a chance?

Remember that defeating the Elite Four and the Champion is supposed to be tough, even for veteran players. With some luck... maybe. But for a Casual level player, it's going to be a very tough fight.

• Options

Remember that defeating the Elite Four and the Champion is supposed to be tough, even for veteran players. With some luck... maybe. But for a Casual level player, it's going to be a very tough fight.

That said, one of the champions last year was in fact a casual player!

• Options
    Okay, cool!

• Options
    GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I will give my emblem to people who allow me to cut in line to things I want to see.

Zero shame.

Gameshark on
  • Options
    Gameshark wrote: »
    I will give my emblem to people who allow me to cut in line to things I want to see.

Zero shame.

Hey, listen. There's more than one way to earn your badges....

For example, there's the Gary way (work hard and be really strong) and the Ash way (lose all your battles but do nice things for people and get lucky sometimes).

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Gary Oak:
    pokemon-rival-e1297198457806.jpg

Also,
    80490614.jpg

7B14287.png
  • Options
    It's been a long time coming, but it's time for our final reveal: introducing this year's Champ: Rhys, Champion of the Chessboard!

• Options
    The final reveal! The 2012 Champion! Hurray!

... Now what'll we talk about? D:

• Options
    Each other! Teams! Costumes! Shuckles! Countdowns!

• Options

THE COMING STUNFISK INFESTATION

• Options
    Gumbyx84Gumbyx84 Registered User regular

THE COMING STUNFISK INFESTATION

ARCEUS SAVE US ALL!!

• Options
    DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    Volaro wrote: »

Propriety's inevitable defeat.

• Options
    DanUNG wrote: »
    Volaro wrote: »

Propriety's inevitable defeat.

I don't like this. I don't like this at all.