As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah, you might need to spend your hearts so you can earn more in order to get more XP. Even if that means getting hit a lot to use up bottles so you can buy more.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yeah, you might need to spend your hearts so you can earn more in order to get more XP. Even if that means getting hit a lot to use up bottles so you can buy more.

I believe you get positive XP for buying stuff in shops *except* bottles. So you are better off buying a bunch of feathers or hammers probably.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I'm angry at Best Buy. I preorder the game...the guy at the register messes everything up...my game code never shows up, and now they have to investigate because their system never shows I preordered anything...and I have to wait on them to credit me...I am so angry right now. :evil:

Don't feel bad, I got fucked over recently myself. Wanted The Muppets limited edition lunchbox set they were offering last week, so I set up an instore pickup, get the e-mail saying its ready to be picked up, and lo and behold they can't find it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I love Best Buy, but their staff is so incompetent.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Everytime I want to hate BB I remember just how many awesome deals I've got there over the years.

7 copies of FE GBA for 5 bucks each.

2 TvC arcade sticks for 40 bucks.

3 copies of ICO for 3 dollars.

10 copies of Jet Grind Radio for 5 dollars.

Most recently, two copies of Strange Journey for 14 dollars and two copies of DQ VI for 28 dollars.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Yea, they gave me Steel Diver and Pilotwings for 5 bucks a piece.

Not to mention Boom Blox 2 and Golden Sun: DD for 10 bucks.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I have never seen a good deal on anything at a BB, ever.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Other than the sales that everyone participates in (that is, everyone decides to cut $20 from Portal 2 a few weeks after launch), the best deals at Best Buy are with closeouts. But your mileage will vary big time... it seems like most of the time I try to seek out closeout games they're already gone.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Posted this in the Zelda thread, but tonight's the Seattle stop for The Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses concert. If any of you guys are going, make sure to bring your 3DS. I have all the puzzle pieces to share. It should be a good night for StreetPassing, not to mention awesome Zelda music.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Other than the sales that everyone participates in (that is, everyone decides to cut $20 from Portal 2 a few weeks after launch), the best deals at Best Buy are with closeouts. But your mileage will vary big time... it seems like most of the time I try to seek out closeout games they're already gone.

Best Buy is where I shop if there's an off chance I want something on release day...god knows I'm not giving Gamestop my money, and my only other choices are Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy. Of the three Best Buy at least has the Reward Zone program, which means I might get a $5 coupon out of 'em at least once a year.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I love Best Buy, but their staff is so incompetent.

For sure. General rule of thumb when I go there - if I need help finding something, no staff are in sight. If I don't, I am pestered every 10 minutes asking if I need help :(

Anyways, I like to shop there when I don't want to wait on Amazon shipping delays (i.e. I want it release day) since reward zone gets me $10+ coupons every so often (double points for games). But it's gotten to the point where I mostly just shop on Amazon now since it's less of a hassle (and usually a couple bucks cheaper).

Edit: What maximumzero said. The only other realistic choice is GameStop and fuck that

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I'm a premier silver member at BB...so yea, I spend most of my gaming money there. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    I'm a premier silver member at BB...so yea, I spend most of my gaming money there. :P

I am somehow even though I have failed to meet the $2500 or whatever you need to spend in a year twice now. I guess they just felt sorry for me. Of course, since they sold Napster I don't get the free MP3s this year, so boo

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I am somehow even though I have failed to meet the $2500 or whatever you need to spend in a year twice now. I guess they just felt sorry for me. Of course, since they sold Napster I don't get the free MP3s this year, so boo

Yea, funny enough I didn't get the 2500 required either...I also thought maybe it was a pity silver membership. Haha, glad to see I wasn't the only one. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Do I want Metal Gear 3DS for 30 bucks if I'm planning on getting the HD collection on the Vita? I've been holding off because I don't want to buy the same game twice, but I also have a 5 dollar off coupon. I was going to wait until both came out and pick the best one, but that is a pretty decent deal. Should I go for the deal or continue to wait?

I dunno, I like it. 30 is not a bad price for it. You probably need a circle pad pro to get the most out of it, but when you do have one the changes to the controls from the original are very noticeable and welcome. Crouch walking is nice, the game tracks the titles you earn like achievements to encourage repeat playthroughs, Yoshis are in different places from the Kerotans for a slight new challenge. Photo camo is fun and the 3D effect is excellent.

It's probably not the best best version of the game, but I like it better than the PS2 original. HD collection has its own merits but is missing some of the 3DS version's improvements. Basically there's the graphically better version, and then there's the one that controls a bit better and is 3D.

The US version of Vita HD collection has a chance of not having Peace Walker included, if that's the case then I'll probably get this over the Vita collection.

Edit:
    Then you've never even so much as looked in the direction of Best Buy. They have much better deals that GameStop far more often than they do. They have games on sale every week, they often times have daily deals on games with outrageous deals on a single game/accessory, and every single issue of their mag has over 100 dollars worth of coupons which GameInformer does not.
    So I'm angry at Best Buy. I preorder the game...the guy at the register messes everything up...my game code never shows up, and now they have to investigate because their system never shows I preordered anything...and I have to wait on them to credit me...I am so angry right now. :evil:
    Go back, have them ring up the pre-order bonus by itself and have a manager price adjust it down to zero dollars. That's what I had them do for me.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, even though the magazine is crap, it does have some pretty good coupons

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, they drop the price on new games within the first week fairly often. It only looks like every store is doing it because Amazon usually price matches immediately, and then everyone else follows.

I know I've seen some good deals in store as well. Also the $5 3DS games.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    So colors3D is out? Anybody have impressions?

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular

The US release date is April 5th, I think.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Man, Classics KI is tough.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Ah. thx

• Options
    Taya wrote: »

Someone else who is looking forward to it enough to remember the release date! :)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

Someone else who is looking forward to it enough to remember the release date! :)

I actually checked Nintendo Life for the release date, but I'm looking forward to it enough to remember that Nintendo Life recently revealed the release date.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Woo, Best Buy finally came through, although slowly. I now finally have my free Kid Icarus 3D classics, and boy is it as hard as I remember, and my reactions are not near as good as they used to be.

Also, Best Buy has a pretty constant stream of awesome deals, it only takes a moment to look. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @Warlock82 Thank you! If you hadn't told me that the Japanese version had the same mechanics for the arrow upgrades, I wouldn't have been able to get this:

HNI_0019.jpg

Here's a screenshot taken after beating Pandora (I'm pretty sure the number of hearts is irrelevant, but I collected 999 just in case; that upgrade from stage 2-2 took me two tries, so I spent a lot of time on just that stage):

HNI_0017.jpg

And my final score:

HNI_0020.jpg

I feel like I can beat any game now that I've done this.The same thing happened when I completed the Animal Antics stage from DKC2.

BTW, you haggle with Select + A on the Famicom Mini version.

RockinX on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    G0D wrote: »
    So I don't see 3D Classics: Kid Icarus in the eShop, I presumed as much. When, however, do we expect to see it? This coming Thursday at $5.99 I'd assume? Honestly, that title will be my first must-have of the 3D Classics line. Not that I wouldn't absolutely adore Urban Champion, but I already know that's too little game for the price.

I've been unemployed for the last five months... it sucks. I need to find a damn job so I can give Nintendo my money already! C'mon!

Heh, I got it anyway... I was hoping to get a review published for it, but that didn't happen.

Anyway, I've been told that GameStop is apparently selling codes for about that price to download 3D Classics Kid Icarus. Weird, but okay...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    @RockinX: Is that the Japanese version of the 3D Classics Kid Icarus? Why would they choose not to add the backgrounds seen in the US release?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I think it's the Japanese GBA version. As he says, Famicom Mini.

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    I think that's a GBA SP screen, so I'm guessing it's the Japanese Famicom Classics GBA version.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Reggie sent out his special gold pants Mii over SpotPass!

And he has EVERY PUZZLE PIECE! All the pink ones! And like 3 puzzles I don't have any pieces for! I grabbed a pink one off a mystery puzzle and it turned out to be Mario Kart 7.

Also he arrived just in time to finish off the Dark Lord in Find Mii 2! Reggie killed the last boss!

• Options
    Aw, I didn't get him. :(

I wonder if I'll get him when I get home.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Everytime I want to hate BB I remember just how many awesome deals I've got there over the years.

7 copies of FE GBA for 5 bucks each.

2 TvC arcade sticks for 40 bucks.

3 copies of ICO for 3 dollars.

10 copies of Jet Grind Radio for 5 dollars.

Most recently, two copies of Strange Journey for 14 dollars and two copies of DQ VI for 28 dollars.

Wow. I don't think I've ever got an awesome deal at BB but those are all pretty good.

What's your secret?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Ferquin wrote: »
    I think that's a GBA SP screen, so I'm guessing it's the Japanese Famicom Classics GBA version.

DS Phat, actually! I took the photo using my DSi.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    RockinX wrote: »

Meta!

DSes all the way down...

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Reggie sent out his special gold pants Mii over SpotPass!

And he has EVERY PUZZLE PIECE! All the pink ones! And like 3 puzzles I don't have any pieces for! I grabbed a pink one off a mystery puzzle and it turned out to be Mario Kart 7.

Also he arrived just in time to finish off the Dark Lord in Find Mii 2! Reggie killed the last boss!

I just realized last night I never enabled spotpass mii stuff until then :( I hope I didn't miss this one.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, that all makes sense then.

Since I finished KI, I booted up Dillion's Rolling Western. Yeah, this game already has me hooked after one map. Upgrades, quests, new gear, treasure?! Oh yeah, the perfect blending of RPG and Tower Defense games. Throw in nice visuals and AWESOME sound/music and you've got a killer title.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BoognishBoognish Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just realized I never enabled spotpass mii stuff until last night :( I hope I didn't miss this one.
    Hmm... I'm not sure if I enabled that either. Where is it located? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Oh, wait, is it in the StreetPass Mii Plaza? I see a Spot Pass option there, and it was activated. But still no Reggie. :(

Boognish on
    3DS: 5026-4424-9805
  • Options
    Boognish wrote: »
    I just realized I never enabled spotpass mii stuff until last night :( I hope I didn't miss this one.
    Hmm... I'm not sure if I enabled that either. Where is it located? I can't seem to find it.

You just have to log into the mii plaza thing at some point after the update (when they added Find Mii 2 and stuff). I just never logged into this after that since I never get street passes.

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »

Meta!

DSes all the way down...

The other day I pulled up an AR card in the 3DS browser and my sister's 3DS was able to read it.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Woot, stuck my 3DS on SpotPass and got Reggie. He missed twice against the final boss of Find Mii, though. :-p

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
This discussion has been closed.