As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Interesting. The narration does say that the plague was a result of terrorist satatage, but it does suggest the target was a result of a vote:
    "Yeah uh...we all voted Cap. Nobody's really lookin' forward to this, just gotta get it over wit'" Big Boom picked up a syringe off the table and approached Larry Davis.

The only people who had a vote for Taya that didn't stick with it are: MrT (now dead), Ketbra, and SLyM.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    huh

I guess you're right

weird

Does that mean there were two kills directed on someone who was going to die of inactivity anyway?

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    huh

I guess you're right

weird

Does that mean there were two kills directed on someone who was going to die of inactivity anyway?

Care to cite a single source indicating inactivity had anything to do with anything?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I think getting killed for inactivity on the first night is a bit quick? Usually people get a warning.

• Options
    That's exactly what I'm saying

Why did, potentially, two separate killers (assuming the redundant kill in the "he was dead when I got there" narration refers to Maximus) both happen to kill someone who was going to die of inactivity anyway?

Though I guess there was still an hour for him to come in and vote

• Options
    didn't munkus say there would be no inactivity warnings on this game, though

• Options
    That's exactly what I'm saying

Why did, potentially, two separate killers (assuming the redundant kill in the "he was dead when I got there" narration refers to Maximus) both happen to kill someone who was going to die of inactivity anyway?

Though I guess there was still an hour for him to come in and vote

So it is purely your assumption? Thank you.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    What's your problem, guy?

• Options
    People asserting directions and impressions of discussion without backing them up with a single source.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Also, we don't know that two killers targeted Maximus, it could of been any of the dead! The section showing up after the Maximus one doesn't link it, I think. We just know two killers targeted one of those 3 players (I'm assuming no one targeted the vote target but I guess someone could of targeted Nirya earlier in the day and left it that way) (I used targeted a lot in this)

• Options
    @Skull Man: It's almost like you're trying to confuse people.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Also, we don't know that two killers targeted Maximus, it could of been any of the dead! The section showing up after the Maximus one doesn't link it, I think. We just know two killers targeted one of those 3 players (I'm assuming no one targeted the vote target but I guess someone could of targeted Nirya earlier in the day and left it that way) (I used targeted a lot in this)

Yeah all this talk of Maximus being killed by inactivus or targeted twice is a stretch at best. Assuran called the kill in a method similar to the death in narration and while that doesnt mean he isnt the SK I think its pretty definitive who is responsible for Maximus death.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    KetBra for being evil. Evil-y evil.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    You guys are making me head hurt and somebody has to die now.

Skull man are you trying to mislead the village? Or are you confused from being green around the gills?

• Options
    Going by the narration, there are three "sections" separated by ____________________.

(Plague narration)

(Mafia/Village Kills Narration)

(Serial Killer Narration??)

• Options
    I don't know. Serial Killers generally wouldn't report to someone.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    You guys are making me head hurt and somebody has to die now.

Skull man are you trying to mislead the village? Or are you confused from being green around the gills?

misleading is the furthest thing from my goal! I'm just asking questions

I'm trying to figure stuff out with the tools I have, which, unfortunately, are not many

I don't have the breadth of experience in these that a lot of you guys have so a fair bit of my reasoning is off I guess. sorry

I'm just talking stuff out; please feel free to tell me I'm wrong

• Options
    the last full game I played had munkus encouraging people to talk stuff out, and I took that advice to heart

it also ended with a mafia win because no one left at the end knew anything because all the active folks had been taken out, and those remaining had nothing left to go on

if I don't say this stuff, and then I get killed tonight, then it can't get said! if it's obviously useless it's easy to disregard, as you've shown, but it might end up being proven right seven days from now and give an otherwise-directionless village something to go on

information and theories are only useful to the village if they have free access to them,

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Is this your first game Skull Man?

edit:oh.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    no, but it is, essentially, my first one in CF

I guess a lot of the stuff I might be saying is super obvious and second-nature to you guys? sorry for inadvertently muddying the waters with my dumb theories, but my intentions are pure

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    So it's clear to me that Skull Man is probably a villager and is just confused (rather than intentionally trying TO confuse; an actually terrible mafia tactic with certain players in this game). I would assume he is not evil.

However, when two people get in this kind of argument I usually propose that both are villagers...but one of those people is Infidel...so...I just can't make that statement. The wildest of cards.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Incident Report #A546FA102

Date: Day 2 of terrorist attack
    Time: 10:57am
    Offending Citizens: Wade Carmichael (Quartermaster)
    Incident Type: C22

Description of Incident:
    Four more casualties. One of the casualties caused headaches to the immediate area after death indicating a psychic ability. The other two deaths have been claimed by the terrorists. Finally, a band member named "Big Boom" has been acting weird and showing symptoms of some kind of virus?

The final casualty was a member of the terrorists. Wade Carmichael has claimed responsibility and has claimed to have authority to carry out justice from Dycon Corp. However, this will need to be verified by either finding the paperwork he "accidentally" lost or by finding another psychic to verify his true intentions. Regardless, we should put guards around him tonight to prevent any terrorist attack dedicated to him.

Until then, I don't have any idea who to interrogate. Maybe I should start with the people that forced the now dead psychic, Larry Davis, to take the truth serum. Could just be paranoia on the crew members part, but its the only thing I have to go off of.

Filed by:
    Clark Wayne
    Officer 542020

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    information and theories are only useful to the village if they have free access to them,

But they need to be valid and reasonable arguments. Wild opinions and conjecture get you nowhere unless it's founded on something legitimate. If it can be doubted, it will be. That's kind of the nature of the game.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Skull man set off alarm bells with his confusion for me too. But I do sympathize with being new and not having much to contribute, I still feel that way.

Hmmmmm......

• Options

Well, Serial Killer in role only. Given the theme, it wouldn't be off base to have a role whose sole purpose is to kill everyone on board. Working for some kind of secret organization.

• Options
    Sorry. I will try to reason stuff out before I post it, instead of in real time/retroactively

my b

• Options
    edited March 2012

ahem

They would if they are trying to survive. Like I did, as the SK, in the most recent mini. I also ended up being the network head by default and it ended horribly for everyone but the minority.

But at this point it makes no sense that Assuran would be the SK. Based on the number of kills from last night, either we don't have a kill or Assuran is with us. How often does the village not get a kill?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    They wouldn't narratively report to someone though

• Options
    ah, understood

and agreed

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Safest course of action at this point would be to guard Assuran, but not share any info with him just yet. Occam's razor would suggest that he's the village vig, but there are several phallas where Occam never enters the building. I've never played in a Munkus game before, so I don't know how he rolls.

Not that most of us have any info to share, but whatever.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I read a Munkus phalla with demons and uhh he can be very creative with stuff! So it is kind of dangerous and we're all dooomeedddddd

• Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    We're all going to die!
    Not due to great savings either.
    It's because of plague

I need friends.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Attention all crew members:

Due to a recent outbreak of The Plague, research into the cause of the space-flu has been put on hold. I would like to remind you to stay clear of anyone displaying symptoms of the known diseases discovered to date. Unfortunately, this means those that frequent Akimbo's Love Shack are especially susceptible to these communicable diseases. If the owner of the establishment would like to set up an inspection of the premises, I'm sure it's good name can be cleared.

Health to all,
    "Dr." Jeff

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Citizen wrote: »
    We're all going to die!
    Not due to great savings either.
    It's because of plague

I need friends.

Go visit the shack. I'm sure someone there will be your friend :P

• Options
    SNT is a plague sympathizer!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sorry. I will try to reason stuff out before I post it, instead of in real time/retroactively

my b

For what it's worth, Id rather people share more than share less. Silly ideas may hurt the village some, but a silent village is a dead village.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

my b

For what it's worth, Id rather people share more than share less. Silly ideas may hurt the village some, but a silent village is a dead village.

Literally, from the looks of Munkus's inactivity policies. Not that I disapprove, but damn...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    I have a crappy vote close time and not sure I will be awake then so putting my vote in now. While Skull man has argued well and may just be a misguided villager I have a nagging voice at the back of my head that still suspects him.

• Options
    !Shiny New Toys because I don't think Skull Man is particularly evil, just that his posts need countering.

That's the process of discussion and debate, things can be put up but they need to be able to stand.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Lab assistant personal log 82750391 Simon Krieger

Well very little work is getting done on account of these terrorist. We have lost large portions of the ship to life support failures. Pigley and Goatley were in the auxiliary lab space on Zeta deck when that infernal Daedalus took life support offline. If Dycon had listened to me and installed the Krieger VGF© we wouldn't have been vulnerable to attack. Sure she had what the reps referred to as "an over abundance of personality that could potentially distract the crew" she was still better than that insufferable Daedalus. I still have her stored in the portable projector so if Daedalus fails completely, maybe Dr. Henshaw will take a look as a possible replacement. On a research related note, the chokebot is coming along nicely. Dr. Henshaw seems to think that with the present crisis it could be employed as a terrorist hunter of some sort. I remain skeptical because this was not its intended design function.

Simon Krieger.

-_-Sign Off-_-

DumpShock on