As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Avengers] Go see it May 4th in the US! And...way earlier almost everywhere else

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    And a tesseract is another name for a hypercube (or at least a four dimensional hypercube: you can see one in Howard Stark's journal in Iron Man 2)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    tesseract sounds important

cosmic cube sounds goofy

• Options
    New featurette. Not really any new footage but basically goes over (briefly) the history of the the leadup to the Avengers film. I eat this shit up so I enjoyed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGT8BWhQFM

It's nice to see them not act like Incredible Hulk didn't exist. The Norton thing (ha!) makes it tricky, but luckily the Hulk is all cg.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    a tesseract might look like a cube from within three dimensions, in the same way that a cube might look like a square in flatland

actually that's cool, i hope the cosmic cube is literally a magic tesseract and we get to see how our perception of it changes as it rotates through the fourth dimension

• Options
    edited March 2012
    a tesseract might look like a cube from within three dimensions, in the same way that a cube might look like a square in flatland

actually that's cool, i hope the cosmic cube is literally a magic tesseract and we get to see how our perception of it changes as it rotates through the fourth dimension

I just want to see someone acting like they're unstoppable and then have Hulk smash them.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

My understanding of the way the cosmic cube works is that its energy is both usable in science and the fundamental power of magic. Which is why the Azgods have it but the government wants it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well Stark Sr. already based the arc reactor on it somehow

• Options
    Mr. Bay, you seem to have missed the point. Here, let me introduce it to you, via a stabbing motion.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    between previous trailers and this

somebody in the marvel marketing department is really into 90s alternative

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Perhaps it is Joss Whedon?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I doubt the song is actually in the movie though

it is like the Transformers movies which have a soundtrack of music from "popular" bands and a score of actual orchestral stuff from the film

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Considering the "we're really big fans, honest" card is only ever played after some sort of bastardization that's pissed off actual fans, it's amazing that it's not seen as more of a red flag.

"I have a really great idea!"
    "Does it end with me having to assure people that despite what it looks like, we actually like the thing we're working on?"
    "... yes."

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    It seems even the Ninja Turtles are split...
    "You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing. I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "
    “If Michael Bay wants to do a different take on the turtles origin story ... Mazel Tov!”

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Regarding the Turtles reboot if it's just the ooze that's of alien origin I don't see what the big deal is.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Regarding the Turtles reboot if it's just the ooze that's of alien origin I don't see what the big deal is.

Is it? Last I heard the quote from Michael Bay was that the turtles were of an "alien race."

• Options

Is it? Last I heard the quote from Michael Bay was that the turtles were of an "alien race."

Well technically when they are exposed to the ooze it will give them alien qualities.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    One month to go!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If they were mutated by alien ooze, they probably wouldn't feel the need to take the Mutant bit out of the name. Especially considering the amount of brand recognition I'm sure "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" has over just "Ninja Turtles", which sounds like an Asylum film.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

Well technically when they are exposed to the ooze it will give them alien qualities.

You've already started the first stages of denial. Just accept it, Mr. Bay is reimagining the turtles as alien ninjas. He's going to make this movie and he'll probably throw out a minor nod to fans but most people are going to act very angry and in the end it'll still get butts in seats and get green lit for a few sequels.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    I honestly don't really care. There's a really good Turtles comic right now from IDW so I have that.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Where have you been? They've been back together since 2010, I saw them last summer on tour. This new song is probably from the album they're working on.

• Options
    Man, I care about Soundgarden almost as little as I do about Nine Inch Nails

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Soundgarden is awesome and I won't hear anything to the contrary. Good day, sir!

• Options
    But all I meant was-

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Shhhhhh. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    :D

• Options
    I at least like Cornell's voice

Can't say the same for Reznor

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    at least they didn't get the stone temple pilots to do it

hey dummies don't try to rhyme "drugs" with "drugs" in you dang song

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzM3FqBm4f8

seriously, this fucking song

• Options
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/27/avengers-movie-soundtrack-to-be-best-selling-album-of-2001-mu/

Evanescence really? Like she is one of the worst things to come from my home state. And my home state is Arkansas, we excel in awful things.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Shortening the title to Ninja Turtles makes sense. It's short, to the point and differentiates it from the other movie titles involving the franchise.

But on the other hand when I heard who was attached to the project I already knew it wasn't likely that it was going to interest me.

• Options
    oh my god that track list

and scott weiland did sneak on there! fffffffffffffuck!

shinedown and papa roach and buck cherry and theory of a deadman and goddamn five finger death punch, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

at least the spider-man soundtrack managed to balance the chad kroeger stuff with the hives and holy shit theory of a deadman is on that soundtrack too

• Options
    Oh god. I forgot about that fucking Chad Kroeger song. That played nonstop on the radio for like a year straight down here.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    THEY SAY THAT A HERO CAN SAVE US

I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE AND WAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT

I'LL HOLD ON TO THE WINGS OF A HERO

BA BABABABABAB BLEARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    that soundtrack is like a portal to the early 2000s

fucking terrible

edit: i didn't read the headline to that article before I made this post so I am actually the creator of that joke

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Man why can't it just be all AC/DC? I would also accept Kanye West's Power as the Incredible Hulk smashes things.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    oh my god that track list

and scott weiland did sneak on there! fffffffffffffuck!

shinedown and papa roach and buck cherry and theory of a deadman and goddamn five finger death punch, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

at least the spider-man soundtrack managed to balance the chad kroeger stuff with the hives and holy shit theory of a deadman is on that soundtrack too

I'm pretty sure Kroeger discovered theory of a deadman or something along those lines, and one of their members joined in for 'AS WE ALL FLY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY'.

The important things I remember!

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    i owned that spider-man soundtrack, and the chad kroeger song guest featured the guy from saliva

UmPiq.png
This discussion has been closed.