As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Avengers] Go see it May 4th in the US! And...way earlier almost everywhere else

19495969798100»

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    oh my god that track list

and scott weiland did sneak on there! fffffffffffffuck!

shinedown and papa roach and buck cherry and theory of a deadman and goddamn five finger death punch, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

at least the spider-man soundtrack managed to balance the chad kroeger stuff with the hives and holy shit theory of a deadman is on that soundtrack too

I'm pretty sure Kroeger discovered theory of a deadman or something along those lines, and one of their members joined in for 'AS WE ALL FLY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY'.

The important things I remember!

I remember it being AWAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEAAAYYYEEYAYAYAYA and I also remember dying there. Like giving up and dying.

But seriously movies starring Wrestlers have better soundtracks than that.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    ok that Soundgarden song definitely works as Tony music

but the rest of it, I have my doubts

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Man why can't it just be all AC/DC? I would also accept Kanye West's Power as the Incredible Hulk smashes things.

On the one hand I love that AC/DC made the Iron Man 2 soundtrack into their greatest hits album after they spent years deliberately not releasing one. But on the other I loved the OST for the original movie so I was kinda bummed.
    Gustav wrote: »
    oh my god that track list

and scott weiland did sneak on there! fffffffffffffuck!

shinedown and papa roach and buck cherry and theory of a deadman and goddamn five finger death punch, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

at least the spider-man soundtrack managed to balance the chad kroeger stuff with the hives and holy shit theory of a deadman is on that soundtrack too

I'm pretty sure Kroeger discovered theory of a deadman or something along those lines, and one of their members joined in for 'AS WE ALL FLY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY'.

The important things I remember!

I remember it being AWAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEAAAYYYEEYAYAYAYA and I also remember dying there. Like giving up and dying.

But seriously movies starring Wrestlers have better soundtracks than that.

I'm pretty sure that song is embedded in my head forever, I checked to see if I could remember how the song started (which I am often awful at doing) and yep, "Someone told me, love would all save ussss/But how can that be, look what love gave usss/A world full of killing-" ok Chad I'm just going to stop you there.

If you stop him there how can Chad ever stop blood spilling?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my god that tracklist

Ahahaha and then they tack a fucking Kasabian song onto the end of it

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh, it turns out I'm still terrible at remembering the start of a song, since Hero actually starts with 'I am so high, I can hear heaveeeeen.'

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O3-fm1cuMM

ffffffffffff those dudes are fuckin' goofy as hell

Hold onto them eagle wings Kroeger.

And Saliva dude, dontchoo worry. Peter Parker wins in the end.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    edited March 2012
    I punched in 'hero' into youtube and the first result I saw for the song in question said 'Nickelback - Hero'

Interpret that as you will.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Chad Kroeger's hair is hilarious.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    With a few exceptions I really liked the Spider-man 2 soundtrack when it first came out. I'm afraid to listen to it now.

I don't get why people keep objecting to what Bay's doing to TMNT. He's Bay! It's gonna suck. Why care about all the little nuances to how he makes it suck?

I also really hate Kroeger and Bay for how much they don't give a shit about turning in the same simple low quality stuff over and over again.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    With a few exceptions I really liked the Spider-man 2 soundtrack when it first came out. I'm afraid to listen to it now.

I don't get why people keep objecting to what Bay's doing to TMNT. He's Bay! It's gonna suck. Why care about all the little nuances to how he makes it suck?

I also really hate Kroeger and Bay for how much they don't give a shit about turning in the same simple low quality stuff over and over again.

Exactly this!

Just write it off and start forgetting about it now.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Because this is front row stupid, rather than as time wears on stupid like Transformers was. (They got all the core mythology right in Transformers, even if the movies aren't great.) This has things set to stupid right out of the gate.

Also, because this movie isn't being directed by Michael Bay. He's currently just one of SIX producers on the project, so that lended itself to some hope he wouldn't be in position to seriously mess the movie up.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited March 2012
    Hm. Best I can tell they don't have a director yet?

Well Bay appears to be the creative power behind it so I maintain my "why should I care it'll suck viewpoint".

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Also don't I think that Optimus Prime murdering a wounded and defenseless decepticon at the beginning of 2 and the end of 3 and said the words "GIVE ME YOUR FACE!" was getting the Mythology right.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Hm. Best I can tell they don't have a director yet?

Well Bay is appears to be the creative power behind it so I maintain my "why should I care it'll suck viewpoint".

Jonathan Liebesman, if IMDB and Wikipedia are to be believed. Director of such classics as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake prequel (prequel to the remake, not a remake of the prequel), Battle: Los Angelas and Wrath of the Titans.

EDIT: And I only say that in jest. After all, all Jon Favreau had under his belt as a director before Iron Man was Made, Elf and Zathura.

Undead Scottsman on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I've reconciled the Ninja Turtles movie by deciding that it's just another crazy reality in the TMNT multiverse like in that cartoon special where the 80s turtles team-up with the most recent TMNT cartoon turtles and the Eastman/Liard black and white comic turtles to stop the destruction of reality.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yet again dudes

that soundtrack is music FROM AND INSPIRED BY The Avengers

so the Soundgarden thing will probably be played in Tony's garage or over the credits and everything else won't be in the movie

CYpGAPn.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I've reconciled the Ninja Turtles movie by deciding that it's just another crazy reality in the TMNT multiverse like in that cartoon special where the 80s turtles team-up with the most recent TMNT cartoon turtles and the Eastman/Liard black and white comic turtles to stop the destruction of reality.

I'll accept that.

Crisis on Infinite Turtles was pretty awesome.

BLM - ACAB
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

because they're no longer teenage or mutants! that is hilarious

or it's just some marketing thing by the same great mind who cut the "of Mars" from John Carter

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man, I care about Soundgarden almost as little as I do about Nine Inch Nails

terrible post

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

I'll accept that.

You mean the Turtles Forever special? It might have been cool had they not treated the 1987 turtles and their universe like complete jokes.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'll accept that.

You mean the Turtles Forever special? It might have been cool had they not treated the 1987 turtles and their universe like complete jokes.

Well, they kinda were.

BLM - ACAB
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yet again dudes

that soundtrack is music FROM AND INSPIRED BY The Avengers

so the Soundgarden thing will probably be played in Tony's garage or over the credits and everything else won't be in the movie

It's still a hilariously dated soundtrack.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'll accept that.

Well, they kinda were.

Go back and watch those old episodes. That show is dumb as hell and doesn't exactly hold up.
    The Real Ghostbusters, on the other hand, is still about 50-75% as amazing as it was to 5-year-old me.

The whole "Music from and inspired by" thing reminds me of Godzilla: The Album which I totally owned and played on my Discman all the time. Almost all of the music in there was either not in the movie at all or played in the background of a bar scene or was heard in a half-second clip of a car driving by or something.

Oh yeah. I know none of it will probably actually be in the movie, but it's pretty fucking funny.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The show was dumb I'll admit but at least the turtles were competent, which they were NOT in the special. And really, a fucking tickle ray!?!?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    The whole "Music from and inspired by" thing reminds me of Godzilla: The Album which I totally owned and played on my Discman all the time. Almost all of the music in there was either not in the movie at all or played in the background of a bar scene or was heard in a half-second clip of a car driving by or something.

You know what ruled as much as that movie sucked? Godzilla: The Animated Series.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Last issue of the Avengers prequel is out
    Opens up a year later with the discovery of the Hydra bomber in the Arctic. We then see Coulson moving through what I'm guessing is the R&D division of SHIELD. We see researchers working on Ivan Vanko's first Whiplash suit, "Mr. Blue" (i.e. the mutated Samual Sterns), and some scientists working on what looks like Wormholes in relation to the nine realms.

Finally Coulson comes to Destroyer, who's bigass laser cannon is successfully tested for the first time. Coulson congratulates the engineers and then tells them to take it apart and make it 100 times smaller and put a trigger on it.

Fury comes in an tells Coulson that Captain America was found, but before they can head out there's one more errand that Fury needs to run. Fury brings Hawkeye to a secret facility to protect the Tesseract, and to keep an eye on Dr. Selvig who is acting erratically. Hawkeye asks why Black Widow wasn't put on this, but she's apparently on assignment in Asia.

Selvig is having success using Stark's new element to reignite the cube. Apparently Stark hasn't named the Element yet, because "Baddassium" is running into several "Bureaucratic Obstacles." As Fury leaves, Selvig asks Hawkeye if he was stationed in New Mexico during the Thor incident, and which he says he was, we see Selvig, and Loki controlling him, say "...I remember you."

I'm wondering if SHIELD having all that crap lying around is going to mean anything later. It'd be pretty funny if, in Avengers 3, we see all this stuff get brought out as last ditch efforts or something.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Also don't I think that Optimus Prime murdering a wounded and defenseless decepticon at the beginning of 2 and the end of 3 and said the words "GIVE ME YOUR FACE!" was getting the Mythology right.
    well
    the idea of there being mythical Primes has been around
    the matrix and space bridges were pre-existing things
    the Wreckers and the Xantium are concepts from the comics

Missed this the first time, but my point was is we didn't hear day 1 on the project that the Autobots and Decepticons are just mech suits worn by Americans and Terrorists, respectively. We didn't hear that Transformers are robots that accidentally came alive due to magic lightning. They got the whole "Alien Robots from Cybertron caught in a faction war between the Good Guy Autbots, lead by Optimus Prime, and the bad guy Deceptions lead by Megatron" stuff right.

It wasn't until we started hearing things like Bumblebee would be mute that unnecessary changes started cropping up, and it definitely wasn't until the movie came out that we discovered all there really bad bits. (Such as the over-focus on the humans, the worthless hacker subplot, the shakey action, the pissing references, "Sam's Happy Time" and so on and so forth.)

With TMNT, they've be putting out the stupid moments from the get-go: changing the premise enough that the original title wasn't even accurate enough to use anymore. That is the difference between the two situations.

This discussion has been closed.