As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take My [Chat] Away!

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/27/supreme-court-health-care_n_1373469.html

It's nice to see those damn activist judges actually doing their jobs and defending freedom for once.
    While it's not a good sign, Justices asking tough questions isn't necessarily a deal-killer.

Especially since Scalia, Alito and Thomas were already decided well beforehand regardless of constitution, law or precedent.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/27/supreme-court-health-care_n_1373469.html

It's nice to see those damn activist judges actually doing their jobs and defending freedom for once.
    While it's not a good sign, Justices asking tough questions isn't necessarily a deal-killer.

I think the big concern is that it was kind of iffy to begin with. So, no, it's not a deal-killer but it is still very worrying.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    god shaq is the best

did you also just watch the daily show from last night

poo
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

I think the big concern is that it was kind of iffy to begin with. So, no, it's not a deal-killer but it is still very worrying.
    Clearly, it's just one more reason to re-elect Obama in 2012.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    whats going on fart copters

Coptering farts is a full time occupation, you know that.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    shave beard before i go to japan: y/n

also, what are common things I might be forgetting for my trip, i.e. copy of my passport, underwear, etc

poo
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Ah, wait times. Because everybody knows it is better to not have to wait for the treatment you can't afford than to get treatment at all.

People who can afford the treatment - like me and my family - can shut up forever about waittimes.

Just pay to go somewhere there isn't a line, then.

Frankly I don't give a shit about the level of health care the rich get.

That's always been the dumbest and least accurate complaint.

Waittimes or "just go pay for it somewhere else"?
    Wait times. It's a boogeyman to scare healthy people who value convenience over all else.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMM

gorillaSig.jpg

Clearly, it's just one more reason to re-elect Obama in 2012.

Well, yeah. Barring some drastic shift, there's no way in hell I'm voting for a Republican ever.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Seriously that tree humper video looks like a viral ad for axe

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    shave beard before i go to japan: y/n

also, what are common things I might be forgetting for my trip, i.e. copy of my passport, underwear, etc

Don't worry about underwear. You can buy that from vending machines there.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'd like to see Hillary run when Obama's done.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    gundam470 wrote: »
    GGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hello, drunk gorilla.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if a menu for say, a wedding, said Coffee Avec at the end would you get what it meant?

ftOqU21.png

I would, too, but she's getting a little old. She'll be 69 by the 2016 elections. Only two times we've had presidents that old, one died a month into office and the other was senile.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    lawls ObamaBroccoli

because clearly that has as much impact on Interstate Commerce as Health Care, Scalia

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i just watched the daily show bit about zimmerman/martin. sad and funny. i liked him taking the shot at the new black panthers, too.

edited March 2012
    The one traditional Norse dish with a claim to international popularity is smoked salmon. It is now a major export, and could be considered the most important Scandinavian contribution to modern international cuisine. Smoked salmon exists traditionally in many varieties, and is often served with scrambled eggs, dill, sandwiches or mustard sauce. Close to smoked salmon is gravlaks, (literally "dug salmon"), which is salt-and-sugar-cured salmon seasoned with dill and (optionally) other herbs and spices. Gravlaks is often sold under more sales-friendly names internationally. A more peculiar Norwegian fish dish is Rakfisk, which consists of fermented trout, a culinary relation of Swedish surströmming.

Until the 20th century, shellfish was not eaten to any extent. This was partly due to the abundance of fish and the relative high expenditure of time involved in catching shellfish when set against its nutritional value, as well as the fact that such food spoils rather quickly, even in a northern climate. However, prawns, crabs and mussels have become quite popular, especially during summer. Lobster is of course popular, but restrictions on the catch (size and season) limit consumption, and in addition lobster has become rather rare, and indeed expensive.

People gather for "krabbelag" ("crab party") feasts, either eating ready cooked crabs from a fishmonger, or cooking live crabs in a large pan. This is typically done outdoors, the style being rather rustic with only bread, mayonnaise and wedges of lemon to go with the crab. Crabs are caught in pots by both professionals and amateurs, prawns are caught by small trawlers and sold ready cooked at the quays. It is popular to buy half a kilo of prawns and eat it at the quays, feeding the waste to seagulls. Beer or white wine is the normal accompaniment.

Mussels are normally bought live from a fishmonger who can guarantee them to be free of harmful micro-organisms; few people gather mussels themselves, owing to the risk of poisoning. Preparation is simple: steamed with garlic, parsley and perhaps some white wine, and served with bread. The juice can be enriched with double cream to make a soup.

The largest Norwegian food export in the past has been "tørrfisk" - dried codfish. The Atlantic cod variety known as 'skrei' because of its migrating habits, has been a source of wealth for millennia, fished annually in what is known as the 'Lofotfiske' after the island chain of 'Lofoten'. Tørrfisk has been a staple food internationally for centuries, in particular on the Iberian peninsula and the African coast. Both during the age of sail and in the industrial age, tørrfisk played a part in world history as an enabling food for cross-Atlantic trade and the slave trade triangle.

A large number of fish dishes are popular today, based on such species as salmon, cod, herring, sardine, and mackerel. Seafood is used fresh, smoked, salted or pickled. Variations on creamed seafood soups are common along the coastline.

Due to its availability, seafood dishes along the coast are usually based on fresh produce, cooked by steaming and very lightly spiced with herbs, pepper and salt. While coastal Norwegians may consider the head, caviar sack and liver an inseparable part of a steamed seafood meal, most inland restaurants will spare diners this part of the experience. A number of the species available have traditionally been avoided or reserved for bait, but most common seafood is part of the modern menu.

Summer is fucking coming, y'all!

I'm hungry.

Also,
    While coastal Norwegians may consider the head, caviar sack and liver an inseparable part of a steamed seafood meal, most inland restaurants will spare diners this part of the experience.

is true. No matter what horror you tear out of a fish, some old guy from the west land would say in a harsh dialect "Are you throwing out <unintelligble>? That's the best part of the fish!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I would, too, but she's getting a little old. She'll be 69 by the 2016 elections. Only two times we've had presidents that old, one died a month into office and the other was senile.

Health system for presidents and such are much better than it use to be.

Also Hillary has been a fucking amazing secretary of state. And I think she would be an awesome president.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Also Hillary has been a fucking amazing secretary of state. And I think she would be an awesome president.

Are we going to have another trainwreck Democratic primary? Can Bill Clinton stay home this time.

I'd vote for her but I thought she had said something about retiring after 2016.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Minister of Foreign Affairs is the spot where competence shines strongest, it seems

(judging from a reference pool of... two.)

ftOqU21.png
    She said she's retiring after the election.

She has recently said she is rethinking that and staying as the secretary for a little longer.

So rumors have gone both ways.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Sarksus wrote: »

Are we going to have another trainwreck Democratic primary? Can Bill Clinton stay home this time.

I really don't think the 2008 primary was a trainwrek. A close fought campaign between two very good canidates is the exact opposite of what the pubbies are going through.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

I really don't think the 2008 primary was a trainwrek. A close fought campaign between two very good canidates is the exact opposite of what the pubbies are going through.

The Republican primary right now is a rocket-trainwreck on the moon. The Democratic primary was a trainwreck because it turned into a slap fight that dragged on longer than it ought to have.

The average Norwegian drinks 160 litres of coffee a year.

and to be able to get my ass to school tomorrow I shall need a couple. Good night, chat.

ftOqU21.png

If she has an 8 year term, she'll be really fucking old by the time she gets out. As unlikely as it is that we'd end up with Democrats winning four elections in a row, I think having her run in 2020 would be pretty much throwing the election away.

Hillary's my boss. :)

The current pub trainwreck is because the democratic primary was considered a big reason that Obama won. He was so vetted it was hard to sling mud against him at that point.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

She has recently said she is rethinking that and staying as the secretary for a little longer.

Where? Everything I've seen is about her statement in January, and one a few days ago which was very clear.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    My dog is afraid of pilates balls. She keeps cowering and trying to slowly crawl away as if it is watching her and won't notice slight movements.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

The current pub trainwreck is because the democratic primary was considered a big reason that Obama won. He was so vetted it was hard to sling mud against him at that point.

It's not clear on how the pubs expect this to work, though. None of this is going to make Santorum more palatable to non-extremists, or Romney palatable to extremists.

Senjutsu on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    What kind of dog do you have?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin

Where? Everything I've seen is about her statement in January, and one a few days ago which was very clear.

Currently digging it up. Heard it early March/late February. Was on NPR I think. Thus why I said rumors not hard facts.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I don't get how

It's not clear on how the pubs expect this to work, though. None of this is going to make Santorum more palatable to non-extremists, or Romney palatable to extremists.

Yeah. It's like they saw 2008 and thought "long = good".

A long primary because you have two evenly matched Good canidates is not the same thing as an Annointed One battling against a series of "anyone else" because he is so completely bad at getting elected.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

The problem is they are vetting each other on a level that nobody gives a shit about.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    whats going on fart copters

Coptering farts is a full time occupation, you know that.

I was just thinking about you last night

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I really want to drink and smoke because of mad men so I went to the corner and ended up coming back with fucking coke zero

I'm cutting my balls off, what's left of them

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I don't get how

Yeah. It's like they saw 2008 and thought "long = good".

A long primary because you have two evenly matched Good canidates is not the same thing as an Annointed One battling against a series of "anyone else" because he is so completely bad at getting elected.

Also doesn't help that they have to pander to their base. And the base of the republicans want things that a lot of the country do not want. So it has been hurting their likeability ratings. The 8 billion debates hadn't helped either.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    My dog is afraid of pilates balls. She keeps cowering and trying to slowly crawl away as if it is watching her and won't notice slight movements.

I'm afraid of them too. They're like round rapists made of plastic.

yGxvf.png
This discussion has been closed.