As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Assassins! - Assassins Ball (Shipped Kits update! March 30) [106!]

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »

lol you should print this on a banner!

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    rascal wrote: »
    LinkSmash wrote: »
    That is an EPIC image! If I were a pony.... I could throw folks off by wearing that shirt then go for the kill. Mwahahaaha
    Hey, excellent tactic! -- I like your thinking :)

Yeah. I've been doing my best to keep my faction underwraps simply so I won't be an easy kill. haha

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    TheReal256 wrote: »
    can you still order kits theres no link on the order page http://www.phenixone.com/games/assassins/ordering

Yeah, looks like the 20th was set as the cutoff date. I've extended shipped ordering to the 25th and will make sure people can order afterwards to pick up at the show.

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    How would I go about getting an Enforcer branded badge?

7B14287.png
    peetsnack wrote: »
    How would I go about getting an Enforcer branded badge?

Not sure I posted that info here, sorry about that! Any enforcers playing, PM me your Google Order # so I know which order to print for.

• EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    This looks really cool but I only have a Saturday pass - do y'all think it's still worth doing?

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    The kits dont cost much and it sounds like a lot of fun. I'd say its still worth it (unless we all kill each other friday)

• TJBrady22TJBrady22 Registered User regular
    I just ordered 3 kits, siding with the lowest faction, the Varsity Dead.
    Are they being shipped, or will I be able to pick these up?

edited March 2012
    EQV wrote: »
    This looks really cool but I only have a Saturday pass - do y'all think it's still worth doing?

That's up to you, but I think it would be worth it if you're enthusiastic about it! :)

TJBrady22 wrote: »
    I just ordered 3 kits, siding with the lowest faction, the Varsity Dead.
    Are they being shipped, or will I be able to pick these up?

Great! The Varsity Dead did need some reinforcements, welcome to the horde! Your kits will be shipped out this weekend.

On shipping: I was going to close it off on the 25th but I'm going to change that to be tomorrow. We've actually received quite a few orders over the last few days and I want to ensure they all go out this weekend and get to people. You'll still be able to order afterwards but will need to pick your kits up from us at the convention.

MarsChelios on
  • LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    As a Kingsport Raider I'll make the Cowboyverse turn Reaver by making them look into the TRUE face of madness.

Luptonium wrote: »
    As a Kingsport Raider I'll make the Cowboyverse turn Reaver by making them look into the TRUE face of madness.
    Ha ha ha ha ha!
    Squidboy, we Cowboys will soon have you guarding Poseidon's Outhouse, eternally repeating "I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow in all 8 knees."

• mala_cavillamala_cavilla Registered User new member
    • We've created a Google + page for Assassins as well. We think Twitter and a Google hangout would be a great way to communicate player positions in real time during the convention.
    • Each faction can now be shared on Google+ and Facebook. Support your faction and let your friends know about Assassins Ball!

Just bought my kit. I wanted to give support out to the Varsity Dead, but I couldn't find a Facebook or Google+ page. Do they exist yet?

• We've created a Google + page for Assassins as well. We think Twitter and a Google hangout would be a great way to communicate player positions in real time during the convention.
    • Each faction can now be shared on Google+ and Facebook. Support your faction and let your friends know about Assassins Ball!

Just bought my kit. I wanted to give support out to the Varsity Dead, but I couldn't find a Facebook or Google+ page. Do they exist yet?

Should be there. There's links on the faction pages that should link to them. http://www.phenixone.com/games/assassins/factions/varsity-dead

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular

Don't worry. You've got me and Chaosisorder on your team. Plus, we are automatically about 20% cooler. ;D

7B14287.png
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular

RobotNinjas are already systematically killing them off. With cold robot logic and some sweet-ass ninja moves.

RobotNinjas are already systematically killing them off. With cold robot logic and some sweet-ass ninja moves.

You guys are starting early!

You guys are starting early!

It's because we're efficient.

[

lol.
    You'll need those moves when the Cowboys send you to reBoot Hil :)

rascal wrote: »
    [

lol.
    You'll need those moves when the Cowboys send you to reBoot Hil :)

Hahaha that sense of humor will serve you well when your strings are all terminated. (without extreme prejudice because robot ninjas don't feel feelings.)

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    sparkly pony uniform, stage 2:

7022926699_1b398a83d2.jpg

also, we're almost at 100 players!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    sparkly pony uniform, stage 2:

7022926699_1b398a83d2.jpg

also, we're almost at 100 players!

I love it! So close to 100! Who's going to be that lucky person? :)

We've made some updates to the rules, see them here: http://bit.ly/GZhX8w. In other news all shipped kits went out this weekend, let me know when you get them or in the event you leave for PAX before receiving it. An email will be going out later this week with info on how to contact me.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Just to confirm -- you will have 2 colors on your mission card, but each badge only has one color on it, right? It just gives you more options on who to kill if you're going for Very Specific points?

vttym wrote: »
    Just to confirm -- you will have 2 colors on your mission card, but each badge only has one color on it, right? It just gives you more options on who to kill if you're going for Very Specific points?

Some missions will specify two colors, others only have one but effectively yes if your mission has two colors you have more options for Specific or Very Specific kills. About 1/3 of the missions should have two colors, the rest only have one.

...I need theme music for this...

...I need theme music for this...

Now I'm imagining you doing this the whole time at PAX...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-sKP17xTw

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    waiting patiently for my badge!

I may do that.

• TJBrady22TJBrady22 Registered User regular
    Anyone receive theirs yet who ordered them last week?
    I hope mine shows before Wednesday, as that's when I leave for Boston..

I ordered mine a month or two ago and don't have it yet. Just be patient; they'll show. :D

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    TJBrady22 wrote: »
    Anyone receive theirs yet who ordered them last week?
    I hope mine shows before Wednesday, as that's when I leave for Boston..

They only just shipped them early this week (over last weekend/saturday?).

• OccamsRZROccamsRZR BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I went to the site to order some kits but the drop down menu won't let me chose a faction or quantity. Has this been closed or can I still order to pick up at PAX? I might have 5 or so people that want to sign up :-D

OccamsRZR wrote: »
    I went to the site to order some kits but the drop down menu won't let me chose a faction or quantity. Has this been closed or can I still order to pick up at PAX? I might have 5 or so people that want to sign up :-D

Thanks for the letting me know, I've updated the page so that issue should no longer be present but PM me if you run into further issues.

Shipped Kits Update
    I have good news and bad news about shipped kits. The good news is I know exactly where they are but the bad news is they are back in my house right now. I went outside this morning and found a big post office box full of kits returned due to insufficient postage.

Apparently the package type I chose for printing postage on the kits was not correct so the kits were returned. It seems the postage rates have gone up over the last year so shipping one kit is about 1.95 which was a surprise to me. If this had happened earlier in the week I would just add postage and resend them out, but since its so close to PAX now I'm going to hand them out at the show to ensure people get them. I haven't gone through the kits yet to see if they are all there so it's possible some kits may be delivered but it appears a large number were returned.

I'll be sending an email out to everyone who ordered (shipped and pick-up) tonight detailing where and when kits can be picked up. I'd also like to see if anyone would like to help me distribute kits or have any ideas to make distribution easier.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I'm going to try and make this as easy as possible for you guys to get your kits and get in the game.

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    When will you be getting to boston? I know there are a bunch of events on thursday. Or depending on what hotel you are at we could maybe just meet up with you on thursday (if you are there). Send me a PM and I might be able to give you a hand depending on logistics and what not.

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Oh bah marschelios, that massively sucks. I could assist in distribution if you need it.

• CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    If you can distribute at any sort of pre-pax thing or hand things out to team captains that may make it easier.

• sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    I received mine today despite it having a notice that it needed more postage. Looks great!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular

Thanks for the letting me know, I've updated the page so that issue should no longer be present but PM me if you run into further issues.

Shipped Kits Update
    I have good news and bad news about shipped kits. The good news is I know exactly where they are but the bad news is they are back in my house right now. I went outside this morning and found a big post office box full of kits returned due to insufficient postage.

Apparently the package type I chose for printing postage on the kits was not correct so the kits were returned. It seems the postage rates have gone up over the last year so shipping one kit is about 1.95 which was a surprise to me. If this had happened earlier in the week I would just add postage and resend them out, but since its so close to PAX now I'm going to hand them out at the show to ensure people get them. I haven't gone through the kits yet to see if they are all there so it's possible some kits may be delivered but it appears a large number were returned.

I'll be sending an email out to everyone who ordered (shipped and pick-up) tonight detailing where and when kits can be picked up. I'd also like to see if anyone would like to help me distribute kits or have any ideas to make distribution easier.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I'm going to try and make this as easy as possible for you guys to get your kits and get in the game.

I will be in Boston Thursday afternoon, and am going to the Pokecrawl, and am distributing coins, so it isn't like I won't already be checking IDs if you'd like.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited March 2012
    I received mine today despite it having a notice that it needed more postage. Looks great!

Great! I did receive some kits back on Monday and resent but they were from a later batch, was hoping that the first batch had escaped the insufficient postage gravity well after nothing came back the next few days. Glad you like it!

EchoZero wrote: »
    When will you be getting to boston? I know there are a bunch of events on thursday. Or depending on what hotel you are at we could maybe just meet up with you on thursday (if you are there). Send me a PM and I might be able to give you a hand depending on logistics and what not.

I'll be heading in Thursday morning and staying at the Westin, will probably be chilling in the lobby most of the day so that will be a good time for pickup. Also planning on being there for the board game night so I hope we can get some kits handed out then as well.

Kiashien wrote: »

Shipped Kits Update

I will be in Boston Thursday afternoon, and am going to the Pokecrawl, and am distributing coins, so it isn't like I won't already be checking IDs if you'd like.
    Oh bah marschelios, that massively sucks. I could assist in distribution if you need it.
    Creamsteak wrote: »
    If you can distribute at any sort of pre-pax thing or hand things out to team captains that may make it easier.

Awesome, thanks for all the offers of help everyone! It would be great if we could get some people doing the other pre-PAX events to help out distributing! I'll put in the email that if people are going to things like the pre-pax dinner or MMT to let me know and I'll distribute those kits to people who want to help out that are participating.

MarsChelios on