Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] Operation Beachhead Next Weekend. Fun in the sun? MARK SPOILERS

• SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

You wouldn't think that if you were made of cereal.

Kai Leng was awesome for being not awesome.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    So where does it say the Salarians are building stealth dreadnaughts? I feel like I missed something important!

Well apparently you don't get that text unless you
    Spoiler:

What's interesting is if you kill Wrex and destroy the data.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Yes I am a monster.

the idea is that
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Mild Confusion on
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    So where does it say the Salarians are building stealth dreadnaughts? I feel like I missed something important!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Yes I am a monster.

the idea is that
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Everything that has been said here.
    Spoiler:

Dis' wrote: »
    Cancer is when cells stop letting the body mooch off their hard work - clearly a community of like-minded cells should isolate themselves and do the best job each can do, even if the rest of the body collapses!
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    -Tal wrote: »
    Ok does anyone know what the
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Nevermind found it.

what's the track name?

On YouTube it's "The Catalyst", and it's the unofficial OST.

I'm getting a little annoyed with the official OST for games tending to exclude good tracks.

You can find almost all of the excluded tracks on youtube if you search for them. I was amazed that they didn't include the Virmire assault music in the OST. That's maybe the most recognizable music of all of ME1 for me, tied with the Vigil theme (which they did include).

Yougottawanna on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Yes I am a monster.

the idea is that
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

this is just a++

STEAM Twitter Blog
    3DS 3652-1506-4398
    B/W 3139-2627-3982
    HG/SS 4342-0049-1485
    B2/W2 1936-8473-5370

Spoiler:

what's the track name?

I'm getting a little annoyed with the official OST for games tending to exclude good tracks.

You can find almost all of the excluded tracks on youtube if you search for them. I was amazed that they didn't include the Virmire assault music in the OST. That's maybe the most recognizable music of all of ME1 for me, tied with the Vigil theme (which they did include).

The most incredible thing for me is still that "Vigil" is embedded in the machinery sounds in the war room. Every now and again when I was in there I always almost, but not quite, felt like those chords were there. The really awesome thing is that it also really drags out the intro chord - like the whole room is sort of "waiting".

Cancer is when cells stop letting the body mooch off their hard work - clearly a community of like-minded cells should isolate themselves and do the best job each can do, even if the rest of the body collapses!
  • UnluckyUnlucky Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Spoiler:

what's the track name?

God this track is amazing. Here it is for anyone too lazy to search for it.

Seriously, Mass Effect's music really deserves a whole slew of awards, especially 3's. The music that plays during
    Spoiler:

Edit: Reading those brilliant posts above me, I guess I'll summarise the go with my Shepard(s). (Warning: Wall of text+Spoilers)
    Spoiler:

Unlucky on
    Pokedex entry: Charmeleon, The Flame Pokemon, the brighter its tail glows the stronger its teenage angst is.
    The lamprey is ribbed for his pleasure
  • RaggieRaggie Registered User regular
    So I went and did a silly thing. I wasted a bunch of what would have otherwise been productive time making a Redlettermedia-style review of the ending. Here it be (spoilers for all three games):
    Spoiler:

It's is terrific. it's what this is all about. Not about the lack of puppies or waifus, not about nerds not being able to understand such a finely-crafter, artistic ending.

ypvha57nnenm.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Really, a most of the ending commentary I've seen has been really well argued - and I'm actually kind of happy that we've had so much discourse on broader storytelling concepts in general. For gaming in general, these are important things to talk about since they affect the entire medium.

EDIT: And yeah, ME needs to win all sorts of awards for it's music.

electricitylikesme on
  • ShenShen UKRegistered User regular
    So I went and did a silly thing. I wasted a bunch of what would have otherwise been productive time making a Redlettermedia-style review of the ending. Here it be (spoilers for all three games):
    Spoiler:

Yo guy, this is really very good!

NDBwPJF.jpg
    Origin: shenlongxz | 3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | D3: Ladi#2485 (EU)
  • UnluckyUnlucky Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Yeah, yeah it is. Well articulated. Hasn't changed my opinion, but I can certainly understand why people are unhappy with it now. Hopefully this becomes viral.

Pokedex entry: Charmeleon, The Flame Pokemon, the brighter its tail glows the stronger its teenage angst is.
    The lamprey is ribbed for his pleasure
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Hiya folks. Been playing mainly SP here since I only had the 2 day gold pass atm but I had a question for those who are playing on the brobox. Has anyone been having issues with the discs? I've been getting it freezing on loading screens, when it asks to switch discs and when I've literally walked up to a door and highlighted it to open. Has anyone else who's been playing had this trouble? Should I look at replacing my discs?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy I'm da BEST! Registered User regular
    I actually really like the MP lobby music.

Also, Kai Leng...
    Spoiler:

toadsig.jpg
    Three manned Geth Gold with Sally Infiltrator (me), Quarian Infiltrator and a level 18 Salarian Engineer pub.

No points in Fitness 8-)

NDBwPJF.jpg
    To be fair, Quarian Infiltrator makes Geth rounds comically easy with frenzy radius sabotage.

toadsig.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I actually really like the MP lobby music.

Also, Kai Leng...
    Spoiler:

I thought he was well enough done
    Spoiler:

also one of these days I'll finish a gold game on glacier

one of these days

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    'we got hella people, they got helicopters'
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also I unlocked the arc pistol and like

who is meant to use this thing? It's damage seems okay and charging it up is handy/amusing, but it weighs more than most of my ARs.

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    'we got hella people, they got helicopters'
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    To be fair, Quarian Infiltrator makes Geth rounds comically easy with frenzy radius sabotage.

Also Salarian Engineer is at least borderline overpowered due to how enemies react to Decoys like an impassable road block.

camo_sig2-400.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.png Basilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
    I have 4 sniper rifles, 3 smgs, all the shotguns, all the assault rifles

and the base pistol upgraded to level 6.

I haven't unlocked a single pistol.

toadsig.jpg
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

I agree with what the video says principally but not in execution and detail.
    Also, ironically, your ending to your video was just as bad as mass effects. Perhaps that was intentional.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    also I unlocked the arc pistol and like

who is meant to use this thing? It's damage seems okay and charging it up is handy/amusing, but it weighs more than most of my ARs.

tickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktickticktick

PSN: Donnicton - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton
  • The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    Any advice for speccing combat drone in multi? I'm guessing extra shields is rather pointless which makes ranks 4+5 rather easy but unsure whether to plump for rockets or chain lightning at rank 6.

steam_sig.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Three manned Geth Gold with Sally Infiltrator (me), Quarian Infiltrator and a level 18 Salarian Engineer pub.

No points in Fitness 8-)

3 manned cerberus gold on the communications post level with a Sinfiltrator, Humangineer and Asdept.

2 manned gold up to wave 9 with an asdept and sinfiltrator.

I do believe my epeen is bigger.
    *flex* ;p

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Maddoc wrote: »

Also Salarian Engineer is at least borderline overpowered due to how enemies react to Decoys like an impassable road block.

21264108.jpg

NDBwPJF.jpg
  • AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    aye i watched yougottawanna's video and some of it i like but im no exactly convinced, sorry man
    Spoiler:

Agusalim on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Kal'Reegar
    Spoiler:

scornsig.jpg
    Agusalim wrote: »
    aye i watched yougottawanna's video and some of it i like but im no exactly convinced, sorry man
    Spoiler:

but aye, overall i dinnae like it much, sorry

Put all this stuff in spoilers, please.

toadsig.jpg
  • AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    sorry for lack of spoilers, apologies all round

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Agusalim, spoilers.

Skwigelf on
    I really want Quarian Engineer, I think it fits my support/area denial playstyle really well.

toadsig.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Yes I am a monster.

the idea is that
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

this is just a++

Agreed.
    Spoiler:

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I loved that dialog.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Any advice for speccing combat drone in multi? I'm guessing extra shields is rather pointless which makes ranks 4+5 rather easy but unsure whether to plump for rockets or chain lightning at rank 6.

I went Damage & Shields/Damage & Shields/Chain Lightning and it worked fine

I don't know about the other upgrades but I hear Shock and Rockets make the drone's behavior kind of funky, and the exploding effect is basically useless so I'd rather it be able to maybe survive a couple more seconds and distract things.

camo_sig2-400.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.png Basilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • mojojoeomojojoeo SpringfieldRegistered User regular
    Man am I burned out on MP.

This random system is just draining....

"The moment you were born we should have cut your head off. You were a message from god that he doesn't love us. We should have sent it back"
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

PSN: Donnicton - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton
  • IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Man am I burned out on MP.

This random system is just draining....

I too was hitting the glass ceiling - but I kind of attributed that to class burnout. I've been having an absolute blast playing the Salarian Infiltrator, and having unlocked the Raptor I'm all about the MP again.

I'm hoping that Bioware releases a new type of Pack that is just rares, it's seriously about time already. Make them 100,000 credits or something, but give us a better chance at something we actually want..

IDDQD on
    Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
    Couscous wrote: »
    Kai Leng was Kai-lame.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And now I'm disgusted with myself because I kept telling myself I wouldn't discuss anything but the multi.

camo_sig2-400.png