As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Moreover I dont understand why infidel is getting his vote sheeped. Every game Ive been in with him one of two things has happened:

1) He dies in the first couple days
    2) He lives to day 5-6 and everybody freaks out that no one has killed him yet, so he must be the destroyer of worlds.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    I'm sorry that people like me, bedlam, I can't help it that I'm beautiful and smart and wonderful.
    Youre also a dirty cop SK neutral hellbent on destroying everything I hold close to my heart.

The key word was trust. Why would people trust you given your track record in the past half dozen games?

booty is someone I talk to outside of games quite often, and reacted to my post as if it were a pretty valid reason (which it was)

Corv is someone I often soft network with. yesterday he asked me what I was thinking of the day's events, I reiterated my thoughts on sega and also who i thought the plague might go on and who ass might hit, and that was that.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Warban's cause of death is awesome

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Attention all crewmembers:

After careful "inspection" of the premises Akimbo's Love Shack has been verified disease free!

Health to all,
    "Dr." Jeff

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Attention all crewmembers:

After careful "inspection" of the premises Akimbo's Love Shack has been verified disease free!

Health to all,
    "Dr." Jeff

Folks, you go in that place and you can see it's dirtayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Seriously though, some filth goin' on.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Langly still.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    To: Listserv ('AllCrew')
    Re: Null's Value

Hey Everyone,

Somebody help me out. Isn't there some archaic rule of phallogic that says that [color=redNullzone[/color] must be bad? I can't seem to remember it right now.

Thanks and gig'em,

-Walter "Wonder Wall" Walters

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    Also, the IT Dept can't type, Nullzone

• Options
    edited March 2012
    The rule thats been consistantly disproven to be complete poo-water?

Yeah there used to be one of those.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I don't know if anyone brought this up. Is getting infected kind of like a seering?

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    It is more kind of like a dying.

What is the reasoning for the Langly vote, exactly?

I put up something for Anialos and the votes carefully spared him. But by all means, don't sheep to Infidel, just sheep to something even worse! :rotate:

Or you know, think about it.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    The rule thats been consistantly disproven to be complete poo-water?

Yeah there used to be one of those.

Yes, that's the one. The one that works just fine for place-holder votes. It has a name...or is the name not to be spoken?

-Wally "From the Window, to the Wall" Walters

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I welcome scrutiny, it at least demonstrates people are thinking on their feet

• Options
    Although really if your first instinct is to cut me off just for putting up a placeholder vote I'm not sure what to say, it's a pretty weak argument given that I don't have a phalla history or trend to examine, so you're effectively day 1 voting me just because I look funny. I'm cool being suspect but there are probably better places to spend your energy given that you already have a history of other people to work at.

• Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    What is the reasoning for the Langly vote, exactly?
    Other than the ones I said on this very page? No.
    I put up something for Anialos and the votes carefully spared him. But by all means, don't sheep to Infidel, just sheep to something even worse! :rotate:
    I find "because he was spared" to be a pretty weak argument altogether. Sometimes the person is spared for a reason, and sometiems its just dumb luck.
    Or you know, think about it.
    Its what Im trying to do. But since you dont like it, it becomes sheeping? Im trying to have a discussion here, and you are acting very offputing.

• Options
    You're the one accusing people of sheeping if they vote with me, not the other way around.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Methinks you misunderstand, there is some named rule of phalla lore that says that replacements are mafia. It's bunk, of course, but I am using it as a place-holder for an actual vote later when more info is available. I'm not voting for you b/c of your place-holder vote. Settle down, killer.

Killer.

• Options
    And I like how dodging the vote becomes the only reason for voting on the consecutive day, as if people are goldfish and discard the reasons that they voted for them in the first place the prior day.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Is that serious? 4 posts per day requirement?

No, it's still only 2 I think, at least one of which needs to be a vote...

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    And I like how dodging the vote becomes the only reason for voting on the consecutive day, as if people are goldfish and discard the reasons that they voted for them in the first place the prior day.

Well to be frank, Infidel, I don't think there was much of a reason to vote for Anialos the previous day, I think most people who voted for him did because you did.

• Options
    You're the one accusing people of sheeping if they vote with me, not the other way around.
    Thats what it looks like from my end. Im trying to figure out why people trust you in the first place.
    Your only reason yesterday is because he followed your vote without much explination, right? Surely he wasnt the only one.

• Options
    You could easily look it up, I already reposted it once. :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    "I trust Langly" is clearly a mafia tactic. It is not something that almost everyone says or implies when they follow a posited vote target by someone.

So if you're voting Langly for that, why aren't you voting for me? Or anyone making a vote that they feel should be followed up on? In that case, why not vote for yourself?

Voting without conviction or trying to rally support is not going to kill mafia because it is as easily deflected.

And why do people follow me? Probably because I make loud noises and occasionally post something that sounds like logic.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KetBra is still mafia

Steam profile
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Is that serious? 4 posts per day requirement?

No, it's still only 2 I think, at least one of which needs to be a vote...

that's the requirement at the moment, in the post he says it will increase later to 4

• Options
    Methinks you misunderstand, there is some named rule of phalla lore that says that replacements are mafia. It's bunk, of course, but I am using it as a place-holder for an actual vote later when more info is available. I'm not voting for you b/c of your place-holder vote. Settle down, killer.

Killer.

Oh. Hooray for tense-confusion in text based communication!

Told you I was a scrub at this :P

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    four posts really doesn't seem like that much?

• Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    Nullzone is trying too hard. I should put some laxatives in his food. Kime, what do you suggest?
    On a non-RP note, Infidel because Bedlam is sounding better.

• Options
    like really it just seems like that will ensure that people are actually having to participate and can't rely on the "oh I'm so busy mafiamafiamafia" defense

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    four posts really doesn't seem like that much?

It does however seem like twice as much as previously.

The quick vote by AkimboLegs strikes me as off. He followed it up with several IC posts and IMMEDIATELY went after Anialos. It would be a risky move by an evil guy, but it's the order/length of those posts that has me scratching my chin over it.

• Options
    good enough for a placeholder, for now

AkimboLegs

not a lot to go on, but "suspicious" is enough for now until I can devote some more time to hashing stuff out

• Options
    Nullzone is trying too hard. I should put some laxatives in his food. Kime, what do you suggest?
    On a non-RP note, Infidel because Bedlam is sounding better.

How exactly does Bedlam lead you to vote for me? I think he may be interested in that as well. Are you just wanting to incite a villager vs villager wagon or what?
    I find people trusting Langly to be suspicious. Im not sure what that trust is even based on (mafia buddies?) and I think its suspicious that he seems to be one of the main reasons everyone jumped on segatai.

You're voting for Langly because you think he is mafia. (If not, well then......)

You think he is mafia because he has supporters.

The logic being that his supporters make you think they are in league, and if Langly is mafia that makes his supporters mafia.

If Langly is mafia, a villager supporting him does not in any way indicate that he is mafia.

If Langly is innocent and the supporter is the mafia, then they are riding coattails and you should be looking at the supporters (which is the very logic against Anialos).

So your Langly argument hinges on a mafia pubicly supporting another mafias vote to get a wagon started from scratch.

Therefore, you should follow Bedlam's logic only on the basis that you believe Langly is mafia and that other mafia publicly supported him in the thread.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Well thats an interesting outcome, I was going to have a good long look at capfalcon today but now that he is plagued i guess i have to look elsewhere for my votes. Dont know about anialos dodging the vote but I still dont see why everyone jumped on Sega I thought it was pretty clear he was talking about bedlam convincing him to vote for someone else. Who was in the lead when the Sega wagon happened?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the only weird thing about Sega is that he moved off of someone self-voting to someone (seemingly) completely at random

which wouldn't have been so bad except he said "easily convinced" and people thought MAFIA and two and two made five I guess

• Options

I find that diarrhea itself tends to make things flow more easily.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    the only weird thing about Sega is that he moved off of someone self-voting to someone (seemingly) completely at random

which wouldn't have been so bad except he said "easily convinced" and people thought MAFIA and two and two made five I guess

Maybe I need to go back and check but did he not move off of Bedlam who posted a bit of a defense post right before him, I thought it was pretty cut and dry that he meant he was easily convinced NOT to vote Bedlam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Okay, so the SeGaTai wagon, in order:

Ketbra [6:37 PM]
    Langly [6:38 PM]
    Gaslight [6:43 PM]
    38thDoe [7:03 PM]
    Infidel [7:05 PM] (switched later to Assuran [7:14 PM], then Anialos [7:34 PM])
    vertroue [7:13 PM]
    Anialos [8:11 PM]
    corvidae [8:18 PM]
    Shabooty [9:08 PM]

While SeGaTai's post was rather odd, I don't think it was odd enough to spark this bandwagon. He went from 0 to dead pretty quickly, based solely on a post that was far less "incriminating" than Personface's silly post, which was soon forgotten. Then again, he ended up being village as well.

Should we be looking at people with outlying votes?

Dumpshock votes Akimbolegs at [7:37 PM] "Placeholder vote" but he never came back to cast a real one.
    jdarksun votes Obifett at [8:36 PM] Complete and total throw-away in the midst of the bandwagoning last night.
    Mr Mojo Risin votes Capfalcon at [8:57 PM] "I'm confused, here's a placeholder!" never returns to cast a real one.
    REG Rysk votes romanqwerty at [2:44 PM] says it's a joke vote, never returns to cast a real one.
    Retaba votes I needed a name to post at [2:35 PM] The "you just strike me as odd" approach.

The last phalla I was in, the mafia just sat back and let the village eat itself. They just voted for unassuming people to blend in. That could be what's happening here. The "placeholders" that end up being their actual votes are kind of suspicious.

Dumpshock, for example, posted a total of twice yesterday and once the day before. Very inactive, throwaway voting. He's also new to the forums, so I'd imagine he'd be a little more intrigued with the game and active, unless he was purposely trying to not stick out. He was also mafia in REG's mini, and he played much the same way with throwaway votes and very little activity.

Mr Mojo Risin has been posting the bare minimum as well (1 post, 1 vote post).

jdarksun has followed a similar trend, although he was more active the first night. Yesterday, however, it was two random posts, one being his throwaway vote.

REG Rysk only posted once the first night, but he's been plenty active since.

And lastly, Retaba has been plenty active.

I'm leaning toward Dumpshock or Mojo for the vote. Dumpshock gets a bit more suspicious because he's playing so, so similarly to his last phalla. Since the last phalla's mafia were so heavily praised for their ability to sit back and let the village consume itself, it seems he would follow that same strategy this time, were he mafia. And if he was village this time? Well, he's new. Why sign up for a forum to play phallas (he signed up two weeks ago!) and then be almost silent throughout? What's the point? Unless he's been active elsewhere instead, like a mafia pro-board.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    no no

he said he was going to vote for bedlam for self-voting

then bedlam changed his vote

then sega said "easily convinced, I guess" (referring to bedlam being easily convinced to not self-vote) and changed his vote to someone else he presumably had a suspicion about

it was kind of a perfect storm of stuff that seemed incriminating but actually, really, wasn't very much at all with a little thought applied

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So I'm going with Dumpshock for now, unless someone can convince me I'm grasping at straws. But what else do we have to grasp at?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I feel like voting for MrTLicious

He seems quiet maybe?

Too lazy to see if I'm actually right or not.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)