As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Bedlam's being a bit of a goose, but if I had to guess, I think he's a well-intentioned goose.

towndrunk34, on the other hand, seems to be trying to fan the flames of a silly argument just to stir things up.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the SeGaTai wagon have a larger margin to begin with? While looking at the 2nd wave of it might have merit, you also might want to consider people who were active but declined to support the competing analios wagon (if he turns out to be mafia). Like, did anyone switch off from either of those 2 to the WTF figgy wagon?

As far as I can tell no. One had not voted until figgy (as far as I can tell from Phyphor's box) , the others has basically had votes on people I don't think were in any real danger (i think the most one of their targets had was 2 with one of them on it).

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    I think it's more like infi is trying to get in as much as he can as long as he's still living.

D) All of the above.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Just checked in for the first time today. Four posts? I feel like I'll just be making junk at that point, my analysis doesn't go too deep.
    I'm sticking with KetBra though. Until one of you slips up.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    really I didn't want to say this earlier but the "four posts! what?!" thing reeks of "shit, how am I going to manage to say four things without revealing myself"
    Citizen wrote: »
    Just checked in for the first time today. Four posts? I feel like I'll just be making junk at that point, my analysis doesn't go too deep.

I'm not saying you personally I'm just saying that's the kind of thing I'm talking about

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I like the rules! More posting means more fun

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Langly do you have to use double negatives?

Also a quote I was wondering about from yesterday:
    Phyphor wrote: »
    They wouldn't narratively report to someone though
    Why can't a SK narratively report to someone? Seems to be what is happening.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I really like the harsh activity rules!

Full disclosure: Obviously I am not personally in danger of any of such rules so yeah.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Something something Zand "posts"

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They could, but it seems unlikely! Generally Serial Killers are loners. Assassins working for someone have other motives outside of survival/kill everyone!

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    They could, but it seems unlikely! Generally Serial Killers are loners. Assassins working for someone have other motives outside of survival/kill everyone!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

But narratively speaking, a SK reporting to someone is just fine. Like, in the story, they don't have to be solo. They could be a spy, an alien invader, whatever. They're boss could just not be here. Or there is a SK pair. Or one person's "role" is actually more than one person. etc.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I like the rules! More posting means more fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCpMIe8FjEU

• Options
    I would not rule out like

a pair of SKs, working on alternating days

the ME phalla in SE had something like that, if I recall

• Options
    Well, I was just saying some of what I thought, I keep having to hammer into my head not to read things from narration.

But I so enjoy doing that!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Unless they are the only member of their faction on an unfriendly ship.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I mean, if I was going to infer things from narration than all that prototype tech would make me think someone has a condition or ability to scavenge from special kills. So tonight's kills from the guy who killed assuran might be different. But I can't do that because you can't really do that with the narration!

• Options
    I would not rule out like

a pair of SKs, working on alternating days

the ME phalla in SE had something like that, if I recall

Wasn't Jack just the SK in the SE++ ME phalla?

• Options
    Yeah, narratively is where you'd expect to see a subordinate SK if anywhere. I don't see how REDACTED

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    oh yeah shit

I'm thinking of Thane/Garrus, who I guess were Vig

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I think so? There was that one guy who claimed to be that small figure from Jack's past who was out to kill her and that was really funny!

Retaba on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I mean, if I was going to infer things from narration than all that prototype tech would make me think someone has a condition or ability to scavenge from special kills. So tonight's kills from the guy who killed assuran might be different. But I can't do that because you can't really do that with the narration!

Not sure if you guys keep purposely missing this bit, but the narrative states the prototype weapon is out of ammo. No inherited kill.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

Not sure if you guys keep purposely missing this bit, but the narrative states the prototype weapon is out of ammo. No inherited kill.

Hey, how do you explain a vigilante that has a kill only because they have a weapon, fluff-wise?

So that, you know, people don't wonder about the weapon metagame-wise, when it is simply just a Vigilante Role?

Why, you narrate that the weapon is broken or useless after their death! :rotate:

Nothing to see here, move along.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    My vote is going on towndrunk34 and not as a placeholder :P
    My thinking is he intentionally highlighted 2 people (mafia-village or village-village) that were having a heated discussion in hopes of starting a mid day wagon and sowing some of the same confusion as yesterday.

• Options
    Are you being a goose now? That's exactly my point. Stop rambling on about the killer taking the weapon. It doesn't matter.

And so Figgy points out some inactives, and then said inactives all jump in and try to be active...with absolute garbage that tries to lead the village stray.

• Options
    SCRATCH THAT, not quite right.

Someone mentioned to me about the narration bits. I guess my memory fails me.

I was talking on the running out of juice parts. However, there are other things mentioned, and importantly in the results summary reiterated.

I'm allowed to quote posts at least.
    A figure spoke to a smaller, holographic figure on a wristcomm, "Target was carrying prototype technology on it."

"Can you make use of it?"

"I think so."
    The Positronic destabilizer was not recovered, it is suspected that CLASSIFIED

So while the weapon wa- REDACTED

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Or you can always do what I did and become the "survival neutral" with a kill.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Stop rambling on about the killer taking the weapon. It doesn't matter.

Per my second post, I can't agree with that any longer.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    really I didn't want to say this earlier but the "four posts! what?!" thing reeks of "shit, how am I going to manage to say four things without revealing myself"

Or it could be me saying "No host is going to take the time to count every players posting 4 times a day and check that on their own." It's an unreasonable undertaking in a main in my opinion.

You can plainly see that my post count is more than sufficient from day 2 onward.

As for the ignoring DumpShock thing, I just didn't have anything to add there. I was adding on one jdarksun because it was the only point in there I had a thought about.

• Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    And so Figgy points out some inactives, and then said inactives all jump in and try to be active...with absolute garbage that tries to lead the village stray.

Or Figgy points out someone who is active and posting according to requirements at the same time of day as yesterday....
    And where exactly is the village being lead astray from??????

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Incident Report #A546FA105

Date: Day 3 of terrorist attack
    Time: 2:24
    Offending Citizens: Every damn person alive
    Incident Type: V23 / I54 / V04 / A22

Attachment: CitizenOffenseList.doc

Description of Incident:
    Verbal Assault / Insubordination / Vandalism / Physical Assault. Class 1, 2, and 3 infractions. Officer was forced awake by massive commotion. Six more people died while I was forced to get some sleep. Chaos has broken out. Unable to contain. Keeping and attaching a record of all citizens involved for future punishments.

Filed by:
    Clark Wayne
    Officer 542020

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    We really need to hit a mafia member soon, so we can turn some of this fervent analysis to something a little more concrete than the grammatical structure of every sentence of narration/posts. Y'all are trying hard, which is cool, but all you're accomplishing right now is the aggravation of my headache.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DumpShock wrote: »

Or Figgy points out someone who is active and posting according to requirements at the same time of day as yesterday....
    And where exactly is the village being lead astray from??????

Actually, you only posted once on Day 1. Not according to requirements. And throw-away votes are hardly what I'd call "activity" in the first place.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    At least we don't have crew members stealing all the nails and screws this time around,

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    vertroue wrote: »
    At least we don't have crew members stealing all the nails and screws this time around,

That's good, it would really mess up my ScrewPie that I'm planning on making for desert.

Steam profile
  • Options

Screw RPosts. It's too much work to hammer them out

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I hate you so much.

Steam profile
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    We really need to hit a mafia member soon, so we can turn some of this fervent analysis to something a little more concrete than the grammatical structure of every sentence of narration/posts. Y'all are trying hard, which is cool, but all you're accomplishing right now is the aggravation of my headache.

This for real.

I have finally caught up and I feel like we aren't making any progress at all ON TOP OF losing our only confirmed villager and a ton of other villagers.

The top vote count looks like this right now:
    Anialos: 4 (Infidel, corvidae, AkimboLegs, Egos)
    towndrunk34: 3 (Gaslight, shalmelo, DumpShock)
    AkimboLegs: 2 (REG Rysk, Skull Man)
    Infidel: 2 (towndrunk34, Bedlam)
    KetBra: 2 (kime, Citizen)

What is going on? I feel like we have no direction and its just chaos.

• Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Stop rambling on about the killer taking the weapon. It doesn't matter.

Per my second post, I can't agree with that any longer.

I'm pretty sure the dialogue we're hearing is the SK. I don't care if SK's work alone, it's perfectly viable that an SK role is reporting to an authority off-ship. Someone sent in by a competing organization to collect info/tech/etc. His role could be to collect certain materials (like the prototype weapon) and get off board. Or he could gain some sort of power from it. We will see tonight.

I really doubt he gets an extra kill.

• Options

Hey man. I am going to do at least one RP post a day. This phalla has much too cool narratives and it started out with some fun RP to let it go now.