As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] PAX East 2012 Forum badges

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    At first glance I thought I didn't see my name. but then I found it, right near the middle. lols.

Looks great! Will those of us picking up at the Pre-Pax Dinner need to answer the questions too, or just BYOC?
    Also, who will I be looking for to pick-up the badge?

You will not need to answer questions at any of the community events, unless someone is feeling snarky. I assume acumen is getting the PPD badges, but I could be wrong.

You'll get the badges directly from me at the Pre-PAX Dinner as I'm going to that event.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Good to know!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Looks awesome!
    Ruby is following <.<

LOL, what?

• RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    Super amped! I must say, I prize my forum badge over my actual badge from last year. It was always a joy when I saw someone else had one, too! I'll see you all in a few weeks.

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Super amped! I must say, I prize my forum badge over my actual badge from last year. It was always a joy when I saw someone else had one, too! I'll see you all in a few weeks.

I feel the same way. It's great looking at my forum badge and knowing that not only is it something that not everyone will have, but we all had a piece in the design.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    I think I remember the pre-pax gaming meet-up at the Westin mezzanine was one of the places we might be able to pick up badges? Was I hallucinating that or is it happening?

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I think I remember the pre-pax gaming meet-up at the Westin mezzanine was one of the places we might be able to pick up badges? Was I hallucinating that or is it happening?

I'm not going to be there.. but yes. That is happening.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Kiashien wrote: »

I'm not going to be there.. but yes. That is happening.

Thank you. It's good to know I haven't yet gone completely around the bend. :D

edited March 2012
    They are here! The PAX East 2012 Forum Badges have been printed and, unlike the official passes, I can take pictures of them!

desmond.yfrog.com/Himg816/scaled.php?tn=0&server=816&filename=ct9ho.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kropotkin wrote: »
    They are here! The PAX East 2012 Forum Badges have been printed and, unlike the official passes, I can take pictures of them!

desmond.yfrog.com/Himg816/scaled.php?tn=0&server=816&filename=ct9ho.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

fantastic sir, I await pax with thick anticipation.

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    Hey kropotkin, these badges look great! -- what a terrific design you created!

• The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    You did a great job Kropotkin!

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The badge looks awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on one. :)

• EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Will I be able to get the badge at either the Fried Food Extravaganza, the Pokecrawl, or the Coin Lunch? I have no problem picking one up at BYOC but just thought it might be nice to get my hands on one earlier. Too bad I didn't get my name on the back! Would still love to have one.

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
    EQV wrote: »
    Will I be able to get the badge at either the Fried Food Extravaganza, the Pokecrawl, or the Coin Lunch? I have no problem picking one up at BYOC but just thought it might be nice to get my hands on one earlier. Too bad I didn't get my name on the back! Would still love to have one.

Pokecrawl: no. FFE? perhaps, if @Punzie still has some left over from the MMT hand-outs earlier in the day.

• fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    The badge looks fabulous yet again. Thanks so much, kropotkin!

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular

<bites lower lip> Dat badge.

Looks great. I want one already. :P

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    They look amazing. I wasn't going to be able to go and was super bummed out because A.) My name made it on this year's badge and B.) I LOVE walking around with "Lindsey Lohan" on a name badge. Fortunately tides have changed and we're going Sunday so I'll be grabbing one!

Gotta start memorizing those questions I guess - my first year I got grilled with every question.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    those badges are HOTTTTT kropotkin. can't wait to get mine at the PPD! :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Badges look sweet. Here's hoping that rolling in with an Assassin's Ball badge, flipping a challenge coin and offering a trading card will relax the question grilling.. but if not, well, I'll just answer "Moe Fwacky" to every question.. I can't be wrong with that, no matter what you tell me.

vttym wrote: »
    I'll just answer "Moe Fwacky" to every question.. I can't be wrong with that, no matter what you tell me.

That's some grade-A brown nosing right there... and it will likely work ;)

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Your usual awesome job, sir. Can't wait to pick mine up!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Awww you're making me blush! The plastic wallets arrived yesterday, so I've flung them into my suit case ready to go!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    They look awesome! Can't wait to get mine at the Pre-Pax Westin Board Game Night! :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Glad I got my name in time this year! How much do you owe you guys?

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    These look awesome as always! So happy to be getting my second one. =)

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Sweet, my name is on it!!! Awesome job kropotkin

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    "What? Of course it's my badge, it has MY name on it."

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    It's up to @kropotkin but if he wants, I can bring them to the coin lunch. That be up to him, though!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to pick one of these up! :O

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • feeter277feeter277 Dirty JerzeyRegistered User new member
    wow looks great... will be happier to wear this than the real badges (except when I try to get into PAX)

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    feeter277 wrote: »
    wow looks great... will be happier to wear this than the real badges (except when I try to get into PAX)

there definitely is something extra-special about the forum badges, since they're not something just anyone can buy. it represents being a part of a community. <3 forum badges!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular

Flipping awesome. What's the skinny on pickup if we aren't at PPD? And what do I owe you :P

Nullzone wrote: »

Flipping awesome. What's the skinny on pickup if we aren't at PPD? And what do I owe you :P

To pick up a forum badge during PAX you need to head to the BYOC desk and ask for one. The enforcer will ask you question or two, it depends on how belligerent they feel. If you answer them correctly, you get a badge. This is done to ensure only forum members and participants get a forum badge. The cost is only your knowledge of the PAX forums.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    excellent work as usual kropotkin, can't wait to pick mine up again this year. :)

i don't know what it is this year but its taken till today for the usual Pre-PAX excitement to really hit me. have barely even looked at the threads in here so i've got a lot of catching up to do before i fly out on Tuesday.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I got my shipment of forum badges yesterday. So now people joining the MMT and Fried Food Extravaganza are ensured to get one from me (unless/until I run out).

HI3789R.png
    punzie wrote: »
    I got my shipment of forum badges yesterday. So now people joining the MMT and Fried Food Extravaganza are ensured to get one from me (unless/until I run out).

That's fantastic news!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ShiosShios Poopfeast420 Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm getting in late Friday so I'll try to make it over to the BYOC desk asap :)

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    Damn, hope I can still remember the answers by the time I reach the BYOC desk...

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
  • LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular

That is EXTREMELY INCREDIBLE! And look! I see my name! Oh man! Cannot wait to grab me one of these goodies!!! Thank you for putting so much hard work into it! Seriously. Awesome job!