As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    @infidel I guess that was before the glorious age of smart phones! Now you've got phalla in your pocket. No excuses!!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    That's what zandracon is. Secretly an AI infi wrote to take over should he ever become incapacitated again.

I suspect he is actually a rogue Vocaloid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Dqb6uJ8WY

• daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    That's what zandracon is. Secretly an AI infi wrote to take over should he ever become incapacitated again.

That...that makes so much sense.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Well that's progress. Little concerned by losing so many apparent specials so fast and Assuran's kill still out there, though.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Well that's progress. Little concerned by losing so many apparent specials so fast and Assuran's kill still out there, though.

Good news is that Retaba was only a "special" in that he had a one-time use plague vaccine. At least, that is what it sounded like. I guess the mafia has it now.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    which means villagers have to say who they hit with the plague in witching hour

Posted from my DyPad 7

liEt3nH.png
    which means villagers have to say who they hit with the plague in witching hour

Posted from my DyPad 7

Or.. shouldn't? I think it would work like a guard power. You use it on someone already plagued so they don't die.

I don't think it would have to be used on someone ahead of time so if they did get infected it didn't infect them. I could be wrong. I guess both seem viable, but the second option would be very difficult to pull off.

If option 1 is right, we know whoever suddenly dodges death-by-plague is mafia. They could use it on a plagued villager to fool us, but why? That villager would have been dead that night anyway, and they just delay it a day.

vaccine is now on mafia mafia will not guard village

Posted from my DyPad 7

liEt3nH.png
    DID NOT READ YOUR POST AS CAREFULLY AS I COULD HAVE IT IS LATE

Posted from my DyPad 7

liEt3nH.png
    I didn't write it very carefully either. Bed time.

Tomorrow.

More tomorrow.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Framing a villager like that would mean we have to waste a day voting them out.

OrokosPA.png
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Can we kill Mojo?

Sure go ahead but wouldnt we be better served by looking at the late day 2 votes for segatai?
    Here Ill do it for you the last 4 votes on sega:

Post #766, red by vertroue on SeGaTai from Shiny New Toys (SeGaTai)
    Post #807, red by Anialos on SeGaTai from Shiny New Toys (!SeGaTai)
    Post #814, red by corvidae on SeGaTai from Citizen (SeGaTai)
    Post #835, red by Shabooty on SeGaTai (SeGaTai)

You might note that two of those died last night as mafia, vertroue im not sure about her vote was quite a bit earlier before there was much of a bandwagon on Anialos but Shabooty was the deciding vote so it would be interesting to hear his side of the story. Theres also the throwaway votes which I admit I am included in but I think I'm going to look at Malkor for now because he has had nothing but throwaway votes up to this point and made that random comment about Infi and anialos being in cahoots to distract everyone.

steam_sig.png
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    ooooOOOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOO

attention passengers! tonight we're having a special activity! it's a scavenger hunt! can someone please locate my torso?!

OOOoooOOOOooooOOOOoooo

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Figgy wrote: »
    What with the vigor Anialos was still fighting till his last breath.... Impressive. Even with 21 votes on him and 40 minutes until vote close.

Tomorrow will be a good day to look at votes. Good work, all! Too bad Retaba couldn't have put that vaccine to good use.

And kime, our poor guard!

yeah,i was actually almost convinced at the end that he was village just because he kept arguing with such an impossible to beat lead.

Langly on
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    oooOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOO

THE DEAD DEMAND THAT CYTHRAUL SUFFER!

OOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's not MY fault that you decided to play TTA drunk! :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    ooooOOOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOO

attention passengers! tonight we're having a special activity! it's a scavenger hunt! can someone please locate my torso?!

OOOoooOOOOooooOOOOoooo

My precious torso!

Quiet, Corv (or possibly anteater #1), we're deducing things.

So we should look at second wave sega voters, yeah?

So that's, uh

Me

And other people!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Day 2 Seg voters

SeGaTai: 8 (KetBra, Langly, Gaslight, 38thDoe, vertroue, Anialos, corvidae, Shabooty)

Anialos was obviously trying to save himself.
    Corv is definetly mafia and quite dead already
    Ketbras name has been tossed around for a bit
    And Langly who is "trustworthy"
    vertroue I cant get a bead on, mostly just seeing her RP posts and and not much contribution finding the mafia
    Gaslight called me ugly and should die for that, otherwise hes seems to be contributing to the discussion
    38thdoe I dont even remember being in the game. I cant think of one memorable post. Same with shabooty, really.

Does anyone know the timestaps? I thank Ani was actually the last vote for seg and it was tied before hand.

Bedlam on
    figgy had the timestamps in the previous post

Figgy wrote: »
    Okay, so the SeGaTai wagon, in order:

Ketbra [6:37 PM]
    Langly [6:38 PM]
    Gaslight [6:43 PM]
    38thDoe [7:03 PM]
    Infidel [7:05 PM] (switched later to Assuran [7:14 PM], then Anialos [7:34 PM])
    vertroue [7:13 PM]
    Anialos [8:11 PM]
    corvidae [8:18 PM]
    Shabooty [9:08 PM]

While SeGaTai's post was rather odd, I don't think it was odd enough to spark this bandwagon. He went from 0 to dead pretty quickly, based solely on a post that was far less "incriminating" than Personface's silly post, which was soon forgotten. Then again, he ended up being village as well.

Should we be looking at people with outlying votes?

Dumpshock votes Akimbolegs at [7:37 PM] "Placeholder vote" but he never came back to cast a real one.
    jdarksun votes Obifett at [8:36 PM] Complete and total throw-away in the midst of the bandwagoning last night.
    Mr Mojo Risin votes Capfalcon at [8:57 PM] "I'm confused, here's a placeholder!" never returns to cast a real one.
    REG Rysk votes romanqwerty at [2:44 PM] says it's a joke vote, never returns to cast a real one.
    Retaba votes I needed a name to post at [2:35 PM] The "you just strike me as odd" approach.

The last phalla I was in, the mafia just sat back and let the village eat itself. They just voted for unassuming people to blend in. That could be what's happening here. The "placeholders" that end up being their actual votes are kind of suspicious.

Dumpshock, for example, posted a total of twice yesterday and once the day before. Very inactive, throwaway voting. He's also new to the forums, so I'd imagine he'd be a little more intrigued with the game and active, unless he was purposely trying to not stick out. He was also mafia in REG's mini, and he played much the same way with throwaway votes and very little activity.

Mr Mojo Risin has been posting the bare minimum as well (1 post, 1 vote post).

jdarksun has followed a similar trend, although he was more active the first night. Yesterday, however, it was two random posts, one being his throwaway vote.

REG Rysk only posted once the first night, but he's been plenty active since.

And lastly, Retaba has been plenty active.

I'm leaning toward Dumpshock or Mojo for the vote. Dumpshock gets a bit more suspicious because he's playing so, so similarly to his last phalla. Since the last phalla's mafia were so heavily praised for their ability to sit back and let the village consume itself, it seems he would follow that same strategy this time, were he mafia. And if he was village this time? Well, he's new. Why sign up for a forum to play phallas (he signed up two weeks ago!) and then be almost silent throughout? What's the point? Unless he's been active elsewhere instead, like a mafia pro-board.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    I've found gaslights behavior odd. His presence on that wagon gives me the last bit I needed to vote for him.

But mojo and dumpshock seem decent just from general behavior.

So yeah bringing up this post again:
    corvidae wrote: »
    I'm gonna follow Lang on this one.SeGaTai it is.

Also, gonna say this day looks like a trainwreck.

Corv was mafia. And saying somthing like "hey guys lets all trust langly" would be a good way to get the bandwagon going to save anialos. I guess his vote came way later in the day than I was expecting. But my suspicions of Langly are only growing at this point.

Then there is the strange comment from egos day 1:
    Egos wrote: »
    I'll go with corvidae because I have no idea why he is grudging me. The only thing I can think of is general dislike or because he killed me when I was part of his faction in a game awhile back and I was inactive and didn't contact Retaba (who was part of his group)- so they decided to kill people who were silent. I was asking to be replaced I think that day.. O_O think this was Lain

Also baddies rarely vote for each other on day 1 (that is to say both vote for each other. one voting for the other is not uncommon, but for both to vote for each other draws some attention). So if corvidae turns up evil. This may provide information later on.

Now to me, it really looks like egos knew corv was mafia. And that their votes on each other was somthing that he would need to point out to distance himself from corv later on.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    So I actually think corvidae saying that makes Langly less suspicious, because that is way too much positive association to draw between fellow mafia. I think Langly (probably) just made a mistake, and corvidae decided he would use the fact that a big name was on the Segatai wagon to try and pull more of the village that way, since infidel was with anialos and he probably figured it would be a hard sell to pull off the switch.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    sorry for briefly doubting you Inf

you seem to have quite a lot on the ball!

AkimboLegs wrote: »
    So I actually think corvidae saying that makes Langly less suspicious, because that is way too much positive association to draw between fellow mafia. I think Langly (probably) just made a mistake, and corvidae decided he would use the fact that a big name was on the Segatai wagon to try and pull more of the village that way, since infidel was with anialos and he probably figured it would be a hard sell to pull off the switch.

Akimbo already said it. The association that is making you suspicious Bedlam I think to most of us is actually making him look less suspicious.

That is more of a tactic of "Langly is to blame for my vote" rather than "I'm mafia and I need an excuse to vote oh hey I'll use another mafia to excuse it." The latter is not a very effective tactic since it just gets all your asses killed. :lol:

OrokosPA.png
    based on what you're saying a it seems like lot of mafia tactics seem to boil down to "I'll do something the mafia wouldn't do! they'll never suspect it!" only that tends to happen in ways that are pretty predictable, or at least retroactively observable

Skull Man wrote: »
    based on what you're saying a it seems like lot of mafia tactics seem to boil down to "I'll do something the mafia wouldn't do! they'll never suspect it!" only that tends to happen in ways that are pretty predictable, or at least retroactively observable

And sometimes they "I'll do the OPPOSITE!" and all or they're just a villager playing poorly or whatever. But you gotta go with the odds and often you catch people making some common telling mistakes.

They're mistakes because they aren't intentional, they're not always things you can avoid easily.

OrokosPA.png

well you're going to get endlessly reductive, eventually, going that route. The way to make the best decisions in picking mafia is to use some set of logical assumptions and apply them to how people are acting.

Is it possible that I saw anialos getting voted and told my mafia compatriots to jump on the sega wagon that I had set up earlier? Sure, maybe I wanted to try and subvert people's expectations of what a mafia would do.

It really is a poor plan, though, for a lot of reasons, and isn't something I would do as mafia. It's too risky.

And mainly it is "shake a lead and see what happens" for me at least. The reason I tried to vote out Anialos instead of you Skull Man is because when I pushed on a little lead, he started scrambling and kept convincing more and more that there was something to it.

Why did he scramble so bad? I don't know but he died for it and was mafia so there you go.

OrokosPA.png
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys the reason I stayed on Sega was because in the past people get voted on for the random jumping of wagons. I stayed on sega instead of jumping around that night in order to not get hit with that one. As I have been hit with that before.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    OooOOoooOOOO
    Bring out your dead!
    OOooOOooooOO

Gonna be going over some shit here and making another post, but in the mean time:

Died last night:

Anialos Voted off
    corvidae Killed by SK?

Kime Killed by mafia
    Retaba Killed by mafia

Shalmelo Killed by ?? (Prototype weaponry)
    Capfalcon Plague death

The walking dead: jdarksun

Ross Henshaw CORVIDAE cursed under his breath. That bitch had scrubbed his mission. Running a terrorist organization was so much harder than running the Entertainment Department. You'd think, what with the smaller cells and the clearly defined goals, that everyone would be on the same page. Well, the problem wasn't so much his people as it was the tenacity of those people. And their so-called help turned out to be-

He stopped.

"Attention! Attention! Please minimize contact with Douglas Bravner JDARKSUN, it seems he has come down with a bad case of the sickness and-"

That bastard. He ignored the tinny, traitorous robot on the speakers and stared at the destablized innards of Dirk Burr SHALMELO, complete with military getup. Those damned corporate rats have gone cannibal, he thought. They are willing to mutilate their own just to demoralize my cell? Well it won't work. He scoffed at the dead body. On further notice, whoever had done this had made great care to ensure that rigor mortis would give the Director a big, goofy smile. Extra detail had been made to shove the eyeballs back....disgusting. And they had taken his hand and...

"Good work, Cybrid."

It pointed up?

"New target acquired."

"Confederate brothers, it is not all bad news. We have acquired..."

So, the narration says to me that Shalmelo's death was not mafia. If corvidae saw the dead body and thought it was the village who did it, then who was it? The body was positioned in a way to point up to the ceiling.. where I guess the SK was waiting to pounce on corvidae and kill him. Whenever we see "CLASSIFIED" that's an SK kill.

But Shalmelo's death is confusing. It sounds from the narration like it was also the SK who killed him. The SK acquired the prototype weaponry and now has 2 kills per night, by my reckoning.

Looking at day 2 on magic box, I'm curious what Shabooty has to say about his position, coming in on top of SeGaTai and (perhaps circumstantially) pulling Analios out of the fire at the last minute. He was the 16th person to hop on the Analios bandwagon on day 3, and by that point that train had already run away from the mafia and I think they knew it. (Corvidae even voted for Analios, and early, no less.)

He also hasn't been posting much, has late-bandwagoned every vote, and at least passively tried to defend Analios during Infidel's inquisition.

• towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    Oh no Kime ;_;
    He was the best assistant a cook could have. And he had some pretty sweet shit I mean a particle shield. Seriously?

Baidol's mass effect phalla had 10 mafia for 70 players

assuming that's a relative standard for a balanced game, we should be looking at around 7-8 mafia for this game, correct?

so with 3 down, that leaves 4-5

or am I assuming too much

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    s/Analios/Anialos/ig

You broke the magic box!

Baidol's mass effect phalla had 10 mafia for 70 players

assuming that's a relative standard for a balanced game, we should be looking at around 7-8 mafia for this game, correct?

so with 3 down, that leaves 4-5

or am I assuming too much
    CF standard is 20%

And Baidol had two mafia factions.

ah

so more likely 7 left, then, assuming they're one faction?

would having more factions mean there were more or less