As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this your [chat]?

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    hanskey wrote: »
    Also, I finished up ME2 last night again, because I wanted the best ending, and I have to say that the ending isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being. It's actually very good, other than...
    The Terminator fight, which is retarded. However, the Saren fight wasn't very good at the end of ME1, either, and that game had one of the best last levels of all-time. I actually really enjoyed the end of ME2 this time through; I think it is a great payoff, that makes it seem like what you did in the rest of the game really mattered. So, while it wasn't as good as the ending to ME1, I think that's an unfair bar to expect it to meet. It's pretty great.
    For some reason I never completed ME1 or ME2, so I'm holding off on ME3 SP until I get those completed satisfactorily. I can't explain it except my kids started being born right around when ME1 was released, but still I feel shame.
    I love ME1; however, I recognize that a lot of people think it's terrible, and totally understand why. I'm simply capable of overlooking some incredibly glaring flaws, and loving the awesome stuff that is there.

I had ME1 for a couple years before I got past the Citadel.

Just about done with my second (and probably last) playthrough now.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone likes gyros. They don't taste good to me.

Granted, last time I had them was in a school cafeteria in Deer Park ,Texas.

So that might be it.

That's probably it. I mean, stuff is only as good as the ingredients that go in.

I just don't like meat with a mint or fruity taste to it. What I remember of the gyro is that it had a minty taste to it, and it put me off.

Are you sure that wasn't the mojito you had in your other hand

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Honk: I'd say just try playing a ranged AD and playing very passively and focus on last hits to learn?

• Options
    hanskeyhanskey Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @Thanatos wrote: »
    Also, I finished up ME2 last night again, because I wanted the best ending, and I have to say that the ending isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being. It's actually very good, other than...
    The Terminator fight, which is retarded. However, the Saren fight wasn't very good at the end of ME1, either, and that game had one of the best last levels of all-time. I actually really enjoyed the end of ME2 this time through; I think it is a great payoff, that makes it seem like what you did in the rest of the game really mattered. So, while it wasn't as good as the ending to ME1, I think that's an unfair bar to expect it to meet. It's pretty great.
    For some reason I never completed ME1 or ME2, so I'm holding off on ME3 SP until I get those completed satisfactorily. I can't explain it except my kids started being born right around when ME1 was released, but still I feel shame.
    I love ME1; however, I recognize that a lot of people think it's terrible, and totally understand why. I'm simply capable of overlooking some incredibly glaring flaws, and loving the awesome stuff that is there.
    Totally, but I love both of the games, I just ... well I don't know, but a lot of things get put on hold when you start breeding.

Edit: Funnily, the ME3 MP demo caused me to fall back in lust with ME generally, and has inspired me to get back to the first 2 and finish them!!

hanskey on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

So that might be it.

That's probably it. I mean, stuff is only as good as the ingredients that go in.

Yeah, unless they're actually shaving the meat off a vertical spit just run away as fast as you can. Tzatziki is pretty dope but can definitely vary from place to place, I like mine to be pretty well blended, don't like big chunks of cucumber.

I have to get mine with no tzatziki as it messes up my insides like cheese does.

Still love em though.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

So that might be it.

I just don't like meat with a mint or fruity taste to it. What I remember of the gyro is that it had a minty taste to it, and it put me off.

I'm actually not a mojito person.

Kamikazes are my go to drink.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    So there is a fuel panic in the UK right now, with unleaded sales up 81% yesterday and jerry can sales up 500%

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular

So that might be it.

Tzatziki can be minty. that might have been it.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    So there is a fuel panic in the UK right now, with unleaded sales up 81% yesterday and jerry can sales up 500%

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Thanks Obama!

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Still love em though.

<3

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Do they still sell those huge metal ones? I've only ever seen the plastic ones on sale here, but I think it would be cool do have one.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    'Cism

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Well when the gov't says 'You all should stock up before this lorry driver's strike" what the hell do people think will happen? O.o

• Options

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg
    why? wtf? are some pipelines down or is this just a panic?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    is jerry can pc

can we say that

• Options
    mindspork wrote: »

So that might be it.

Tzatziki can be minty. that might have been it.
    Tzatziki is fucking amazing, if the cukes are minced!!

• Options

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Possible truck driver's strike.

Govt official went on record saying "There could be disruptions if the strike happens. Let's be prepared."

Everyone went "OH GOD HOARD GAS!"

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

In the distance, a Hansom Cab driver cackles menacingly

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    alternately

jerry can't

220px-Jerry_Gergich.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    is jerry can pc

can we say that

nazi can

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    mindspork wrote: »

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Possible truck driver's strike.

Govt official went on record saying "There could be disruptions if the strike happens. Let's be prepared."

Everyone went "OH GOD HOARD GAS!"
    ah. that's no good

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

The union that has most tanker drivers as members voted for strike action over pay and conditions.

Note that there isn't any strike yet, nor is one yet planned, but government ministers have been in the media talking about how people should be filling jerry cans.

What's particularly funny is that there are a load of regulations surrounding how petrol can be stored (outside of a vehicle fuel tank) and storing fuel in most domestic garages in 20 litre jerry cans is probably illegal in most cases.

• Options
    strikes are awesome you guys

919UOwT.png
  • Options

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

Do they still sell those huge metal ones? I've only ever seen the plastic ones on sale here, but I think it would be cool do have one.

Unknown!

I'm detached from the Jerry Can market

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    GUYS GUYS I HAVE A PLAN:

Everyone on the forums empties their life savings accounts into a pool until we have $176 million.

Then we systematically purchase every single possible permutation of the mega millions lottery numbers.

Then we split the winnings based on how much you put in.

Every single person who puts in money gets a ~1.4x guaranteed instant return on their investment.

• Options
    japan wrote: »

GRADE-1-JERRY-CAN.jpg

The union that has most tanker drivers as members voted for strike action over pay and conditions.

Note that there isn't any strike yet, nor is one yet planned, but government ministers have been in the media talking about how people should be filling jerry cans.

What's particularly funny is that there are a load of regulations surrounding how petrol can be stored (outside of a vehicle fuel tank) and storing fuel in most domestic garages in 20 litre jerry cans is probably illegal in most cases.

something something 100 liters of fuel something something metal can something something spark something something new housing project!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Gooey wrote: »
    meh.

Obviously, the government figured out they can make people in the UK hate Unions by triggering a Petrol Panic in claiming the Unions will cause one. Of course there is no strike, so the government should be eating the blowback on this shit.

hanskey on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Really the only problem with it is that the design of it is corny. I don't really have an issue with the reveals.
    I find the concept of fighting a Reaper with squad-level weapons to be pretty stupid, and I think it takes away a lot from the Reapers as a villain.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    GUYS GUYS I HAVE A PLAN:

Everyone on the forums empties their life savings accounts into a pool until we have $176 million.

Then we systematically purchase every single possible permutation of the mega millions lottery numbers.

Every single person who puts in money gets a ~1.4x guaranteed instant return on their investment.

Unless someone else also picks a winning series of numbers.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    GUYS GUYS I HAVE A PLAN:

Two problems with this:

1) The infrastructure doesn't exist for us to purchase 176 million lottery tickets.
    2) What if someone else also wins? That return is not, in fact, guaranteed.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    meh.

Obviously, the government figured out they can make people in the UK hate Unions by triggering a Petrol Panic in claiming the Unions will cause one. Of course there is no strike, so the government should be eating the blowback on this shit.

I think they are at present. Even Sky is hating on them

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    mim i could make you really good mediterranean food.

but i won't because i hate you.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    GUYS GUYS I HAVE A PLAN:

Are you saying that I would come out with a guaranteed $14? Hot diggity!

• Options
    the end fight on me2 soured the entire experience, but it is still a good game

like, wtf were they thinking with that one

the last level of me1 was freaking awesome. i loved
    running up the outside of the council building

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Really the only problem with it is that the design of it is corny. I don't really have an issue with the reveals.
    I find the concept of fighting a Reaper with squad-level weapons to be pretty stupid, and I think it takes away a lot from the Reapers as a villain.
    ME3 spoilers
    Consequently, I thought all the reaper fights in ME3 were just excellent. There is something very special about carrying a gun that fires the orbital bombardment of an entire armada.

• Options
    GUYS GUYS I HAVE A PLAN:

There was a company that used to do that - they did it once in VA. Lotto is 6/44, jackpot was in the 60-70 mil range.

They bought like 60% of the possible combinations and walked with a pretty fat chunk of money.

• Options
    the end fight on me2 soured the entire experience, but it is still a good game

like, wtf were they thinking with that one

the last level of me1 was freaking awesome. i loved
    running up the outside of the council building
    Yeah, honestly, I think the last level of ME1 is one of the best last levels ever.

• Options
    meh.

I think they are at present. Even Sky is hating on them

They do make for easy targets at the moment.

My personal favourite is the pasty thing.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

So that might be it.

Yeah, unless they're actually shaving the meat off a vertical spit just run away as fast as you can. Tzatziki is pretty dope but can definitely vary from place to place, I like mine to be pretty well blended, don't like big chunks of cucumber.

I have to get mine with no tzatziki as it messes up my insides like cheese does.

Still love em though.

You

You can't eat tzatziki?

Oh Riemann

You put on such a brave face to the world

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    GUYS GUYS I HAVE A PLAN:

Unless someone else also picks a winning series of numbers.

You'd have to factor in all the of the lesser prizes too. But yeah. Still nowhere near a 1:1 return guarantee

This discussion has been closed.