Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PA Comic] Friday, March 30, 2012 - Jokers To The Left Of Me

Robot SantaRobot Santa Enforcer of Christmas FearNorth PoleRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited March 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I think this comic needs some context.

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Gabe started an online country club for the new Tiger Woods game. It filled with random people from the internet almost instantly.

• SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    Can internet people be caddies for players in the game? I would have figured players in a club would only be golfers.

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • OufourOufour Registered User
    Maybe people can talk with each other and become make shift caddies? I don't play gold games so I wouldn't know.

• HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    the clowns were to the left

the jokers were to the right

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    I can't hear that song, even in my head, without thinking of that horrifying scene from Reservoir Dogs.

vvvvvv-dithw.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    Here I aaaaaaam stuck in the middle with youuuuuu

YRIfidu.gif]
    status.php?streamuser=KoopahTroopah - Steam - Battle.net
    3583-0010-1507 - Smash Bros 3DS
    KoopahTroopah - Smash Bros WiiU
  • TashernTashern Registered User
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Can internet people be caddies for players in the game? I would have figured players in a club would only be golfers.

I feel like that would be the most boring thing ever.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Just... Just, the worstRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Tashern wrote: »

The next version of the game will allow you to be the accountant for the country club

joshofalltrades on
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Man, if I could get a 3D printer that could fabricate a vagina, I'd never leave the house again.
  • agilemaniaagilemania Registered User regular
    I think the caddies are AI/NPC, but apparently not very good ones.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular

The next version of the game will allow you to be the accountant for the country club

I hear there will be masseuse positions open in the country club's locker room.

Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • TashernTashern Registered User

Features include:
    - The ability the pick what shade of white you want your office to be
    - Pen or pencil?
    - What ramen flavor do you devour alone tonight? THE CHOICE IS YOURS
    - After a year you have the ability to kill yourself or start a new game + in which you buy a new calculator

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »

Happy ending optional.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Happy ending optional.

Paid on disc DLC.

It's such bullshit. All the components required are right there in the original transaction, but to unlock the ability to interact with it as you desire they'll demand to squeeze more cash out of you.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    - After a year you have the ability to kill yourself or start a new game + in which you buy a new calculator

...still a better ending than ME3!

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I don't even care what the next shot is, I'll go with that iron that is slightly teethed over any of the other clubs with vomit on the grips every time.

Those par 5s would suck though!

• GriswoldGriswold (a superset of all possible mathematics) (his body disintegrated)Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Happy ending optional.

Paid on disc DLC.

It's such bullshit. All the components required are right there in the original transaction, but to unlock the ability to interact with it as you desire they'll demand to squeeze more cash out of you.

that's not all they'll be squeezing out of you

• FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    Newspost is up
    Spoiler:

Based on how ME3 integrated Kinect voice recognition, I'd guess the either/or manifestations are more an artifact of development processes than anything to do with the hardware.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I AM A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE OF MICROSOFT CORPORATION. ANY OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN, AND NOT THOSE OF MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFLIATES. ANY LIKENESS TO ANY PERSONS OR EVENTS, LIVING OR DEAD, ARE COINCIDENTAL. THIS DISCLAIMER NOT TO BE REMOVED UNDER PENALTY OF LAW EXCEPT BY THE END CONSUMER. THIS TELECAST IS COPYRIGHTED BY THE NFL FOR THE PRIVATE USE OF OUR AUDIENCE. ANY OTHER USE OF THIS TELECAST, OR OF ANY PICTURES, DESCRIPTIONS, OR ACCOUNTS OF THE GAME WITHOUT THE NFL'S CONSENT IS PROHIBITED.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Gabe's disappointed pursing of the lips and little clenched hands are adorable

• DerBeppoDerBeppo Registered User regular
    I am one of the lucky 24 others that made it into the Penny Arcadia CC. As far as the caddies go, I can't tell if they just ignore the wind or if I just really suck at drawing/fading shots.

Then again, the game itself can be pretty easy, depending on the settings. Last I checked, I was in the lead for our weekly tournament. After 4 rounds I finished -50 or so (-10, -20, -11, -9ish).

• OufourOufour Registered User

I think you mean single best chat room ever!

• ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    You said you'd bring back Hector, Gabe! Where's my Hector!?

MVCVenom.jpg
  • ScionfallScionfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I can totally relate to the driving golf carts inappropriately game :P. Used to work at a metro park near home and picking up the trash on the grounds consisted of jumping in a golf cart, throwing a trash can in the back, grabbing a prodder and racing all over trying to pick up people's litter on the fly. Well...it was til I crashed it into a tree and cost the park $6000 to replace the thing....

When I think about it though I think this would make for a great mini-game/DLC in this game of Golf they're referring to. I vote for making Cadee One and Two unlockable characters for it as well.

Scionfall on