As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What would you do with $640 Million Dollars?

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I'd buy a nice little house in the English countryside, with a large plot of land with at least one tree.

And a beagle.

And an entire wardrobe befitting a Victorian Gentleman.

how many victorian gentleman would you buy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I would build a mansion with a small medieval peasant town around it and fill it with homeless

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Make it rain so hard at strip clubs

Take a couple hundred rolls of Gold Dollars and make it hail.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man why would you even bother oppressing the poor, the system does that for you

fuckin' new money, I swear

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I would build a mansion with a small medieval peasant town around it and fill it with homeless

don't forget to demand they call you "sire"

"sigh-uh"

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Actually I would buy @Stale a food truck and invest in him.

Oh and perform stand-up comedy at Open Mics all over the country because hey, no need for a job.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

some poor stripper is going to get hit in the eye with a roll of Ben Franklins.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

She'll be getting hit in the eye with something else first

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    I'd buy a bunch of Harleys, start a bike gang for good, and go from town to town spreading love and kindness. I'd name the bike gang the Appleseeds.

I'd buy all of the pound dogs that are going to be put to sleep in the US for some arbitrary week , spay and neuter them, give them vetrinary care, and create a dogopolis in the plains of Idaho that people can go visit and get some dog love.

I'd hire a personal chef for myself, and a trainer, and a life motivator, to keep me happy and healthy and motivated.

The rest of the money left over would be given to my friends, with the express desire that they use it only for good.

Hunter wrote: »

probably conjunctivitis.

ffNewSig.png
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    id be bored and depressed as per usual but i would also have a fuckton of macarons

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    I would hunt man.

ETqXK.png
    Futore wrote: »
    I would hunt man.

I want an online coop action game about this.

Like seriously.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I would publicly announce that Planned Parenthood and Community would never go away under my watch and that I would fund them personally.

Then I'd get laid all the time and get Community up to six seasons and a movie.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I would rent a big public space, announce that I'm giving away $100 million, and then do this

joker-burning-money-in-tdk.jpg

Al_wat on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I would hunt man.

220px-Surviving_the_Game_DVD_cover.jpg

sig2.jpg
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »
    I'd buy a nice little house in the English countryside, with a large plot of land with at least one tree.

And a beagle.

And an entire wardrobe befitting a Victorian Gentleman.

how many victorian gentleman would you buy

However many can fit in my wardrobe.

and then I'd expand with more wardrobes all over the house. Just have the pick of the litter, never more than a few feet away.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Smart ass answer: pay lots and lots of taxes

My mom told me about one of her co-workers at her old job who won a $10,000 lottery ticket, but she didn't want to have to pay taxes on it, so she got it framed and hung it in her living room instead of cashing it in.

vEaRQgH.png
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2012
    I'd pursue my dream of writing fiction full-time.

Having a limitless supply of money would hardly change me. I'd still live how I do now. I just wouldn't ever worry about money any more.

I'm so boring.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    I would hunt man.

220px-Surviving_the_Game_DVD_cover.jpg

Way better example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zAyZff2FuQ

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    actually, i'd probably shoot a music video with me as the star. just because i could

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM0653YvXU

the irony is that i'd probably hit the top 50 with something like this.

ffNewSig.png
    Hunter wrote: »

probably conjunctivitis.

I was thinking more her boyfriend's fist because she didn't earn enough last week to cover his band's expenses and bar tab.

Seriously a video game about Rich Safari guys hunting down other people on a tropical island?

That would be great thanks.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    mansion, drugs

reposig.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I would become an asshole stockholder and live off capital gains

Yep

One a quarter I'd withdraw a shitload of cash in $100's and just roll around in them cackling wildly to myself

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I would flee the country because my name would be published and there would be a million people trying to get me to invest in something.

Larlar wrote: »
    I'd pursue my dream of writing fiction full-time.

Having a limitless supply of money would hardly change me. I'd still live how I do now. I just wouldn't ever worry about money any more.

I'm so boring.

my habits would totally change, but as a person? nah.

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Usagi wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    I would become an asshole stockholder and live off capital gains

Yep

One a quarter I'd withdraw a shitload of cash in $100's and just roll around in them cackling wildly to myself

If I win, I will give you a shitload of cash in $100's to roll around in and we'll post the video online to make $Texas.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I would get my degree and then a job.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Honestly though, I'm not really hung up on 'luxury' in general but the two things I would spend money on constantly would be travel and clothes.

I would practically live on Savile Row.
    When I wasn't boating in Oslo or exploring the ruins of Ancient Rome or eating cheese in France or playing in arcades in Japan.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I would open up a coffee place/pastry shop/art space/music venue/boys and girls club sports type place, and sell food in the pay what you can model. Also pay off my and my family's mortgage and loans. And adopt all the stray cats

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    You've all reminded me of my favorite fake pickup line. It's not big or edgy or anything. Just full of so much sleaze and insinuations

Just lean a little, stare em dead in the eye and ask, "You ever have sex on a bed of money?"

ETqXK.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I'd secure a more comfortable lifestyle for literally every family member and friend

And then I'd spend the rest of the fortune on deep and meaningful research to see if money can really make you happy

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Probably move to Europe and get super into cocaine and die young

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The first test being the injection of a liquefied greenback into your veins.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't.

That kind of money brings more problems that solutions of acquired quickly.

Suddenly every friend and relative you have ever known is now called into suspect for their support of you. Politics will emerge from your immediate circles, whether you like it or not, as people curry for favors. Yes, you have all of that money, but unless you make friends of equivalent wealth, hide it from everyone you know, or piss it all away immediately you will never have lasting or authentic relationships from then on. And even when you do, should you be so lucky, you will be haunted by the specter that those closest to you may, in fact, just be in it for your wealth.

It's better to win something smaller, like 10-20k, than one of these huge prizes. That kind of money doesn't destroy lives. Look up the lottery winners fates over the years, a disproportionately large amount have overdosed on drugs, committed suicide, or were murdered.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Quit my job, buy a few nice condos in cities I like, beach/mountain houses in a few remote locales, travel a lot and probably just become a lifetime student.

Donate quite a bit to charity and my old rowing program and probably buy a 1+ boat of my own to take out when I want.

Not much else would change. If anything, volunteer more with the extra free time.

Nothing. Matters.
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Yeah 640 million is way too much.

I'd enjoy 1 million dollars quite a bit though.

Enc wrote: »
    I wouldn't.

That kind of money brings more problems that solutions of acquired quickly.

Suddenly every friend and relative you have ever known is now called into suspect for their support of you. Politics will emerge from your immediate circles, whether you like it or not, as people curry for favors. Yes, you have all of that money, but unless you make friends of equivalent wealth, hide it from everyone you know, or piss it all away immediately you will never have lasting or authentic relationships from then on. And even when you do, should you be so lucky, you will be haunted by the specter that those closest to you may, in fact, just be in it for your wealth.

It's better to win something smaller, like 10-20k, than one of these huge prizes. That kind of money doesn't destroy lives. Look up the lottery winners fates over the years, a disproportionately large amount have overdosed on drugs, committed suicide, or were murdered.

boo this man

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Smart ass answer: pay lots and lots of taxes

My mom told me about one of her co-workers at her old job who won a $10,000 lottery ticket, but she didn't want to have to pay taxes on it, so she got it framed and hung it in her living room instead of cashing it in.

*chop nose*
    Take that, face!