As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wisconsin] didn't mess it up for once

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Hey taramoor, look up about 5 posts

And yes, Prosser is a douche

Well... Crap.

Got distracted by the office hours talk I guess.

I apologize for nothing!

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I apologize for nothing!

Just like Prosser. And Walker. Shit. And every other Republican currently in or running for office.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    As we all know, a fundamental tenet of the modern western justice system is the right to trial by a jury of your non-peers.

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Recalled state senator gets arrested for DUI, his plea? "I may have been drinking but it was a union conspiracy!"

to quote a farker:
    1. Rules don't apply to him
    2. Unions are responsible for his misdeeds
    3. He cheated on his wife with a younger lobbyist

He's like if you melted down all the Republicans in America and forged one absolutely perfect Republican. Wait, almost perfect. The lobbyist is a woman.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He got off, by the way.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    The system works!

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    So is it just me, or can he never be arrested for drunk driving in that county again? Like... he'll just refuse to take the test again and then say the police are out to get him?

hippofant wrote: »
    So is it just me, or can he never be arrested for drunk driving in that county again? Like... he'll just refuse to take the test again and then say the police are out to get him?

He'll get a different jury, but it boils down to the question of how he got off. Were the jurors moved by his stirring paranoid conspiracy theory or did the DA and the Judge decide he was a "more equal than others" citizen and help him get off? And was it because he used to be a state senator or because he is still (presumably) a very rich and politically-connected man?

• mythagomythago Registered User regular
    Some of the evidence was not admissible, so maybe that was the problem.

Three lines of plaintext:
    obsolete signature form
    replaced by JPEGs.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Yeah I was about to come post that, we (my fellow colleagues in the recall staff) only threw out about 30,000 signatures out of over 900,000 and found a grand total of 5 fake names.

Good fucking job Wisconsin. I will defend you to my grave, I love you so much. Greatest State in the Union, we are

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Boring7 wrote: »
    Recalled state senator gets arrested for DUI, his plea? "I may have been drinking but it was a union conspiracy!"

to quote a farker:
    1. Rules don't apply to him
    2. Unions are responsible for his misdeeds
    3. He cheated on his wife with a younger lobbyist

He's like if you melted down all the Republicans in America and forged one absolutely perfect Republican. Wait, almost perfect. The lobbyist is a woman.

I'm not defending him, but Wisconsin has the most lax drunk driving laws in the country, it wasn't even a crime until pretty recently. It's not especially crazy that he got off, I know people who aren't senators who've gotten off.

Still this is another case where as a person of authority he should be more likely to be punished (just like when a cop goes on a power trip), but the opposite happens

override367 on
    Yeah I was about to come post that, we (my fellow colleagues in the recall staff) only threw out about 30,000 signatures out of over 900,000 and found a grand total of 5 fake names.

Good fucking job Wisconsin. I will defend you to my grave, I love you so much. Greatest State in the Union, we are

That's incredibly. You only needed somewhere around half that number right?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

Maybe us minions of Soros are just better at faking than you give us credit for?

Fuck I wish I was a minion of Soros, I might be able to live in a less shitty apartment

bowen wrote: »

Needed something like 530K. So yeah, ~400K of grace there.

Now we just need a candidate.

• Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think I've figured it out. Every time "liberals" have money, it's because of George Soros. I had to wonder why all the contortions, and then I realized it was their ONLY way to demonize liberal funding without actually attacking the wealthy, wealthy donors, or the oligarchic financial system we have. It's not that receiving money is bad, or soliciting exchange of influence for fabulous donations from a wealthy person who makes his bucks screwing others over, it's that Soros is part of a super-secret-satanic order, and that's the only reason he's a liberal! So accepting his money is accepting Satan! Goldman Sachs or BofA though? A-okay!

Fallout2man on
    On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
    edited March 2012

There's Kathleen Faulk (puke.jpg)

Or Tom Barrett who's going to announce his candidacy sometime between now and after he wins the Milwaukee mayoral race on Tuesday(what a scumbag)

Or Doug La Follete who has no actual chance of winning and doesn't have much substance in his campaign (running because of familial ties mainly) douglafollette032812.jpg

Or Kathleen Vinehout who doesn't stand a chance

We're so fucking screwed

Veevee on
    I'll run. :lol:

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, a federal court struck down part of the legislation that kicked this off in the frist place.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Meanwhile, a federal court struck down part of the legislation that kicked this off in the frist place.

That is a huge kick in the balls to Walker and his administration. I really hope Faulk picks up in her campaigning soon, I've been in touch with her office about working for them. Unless Feingold stops being a fucking moron or Barret pulls something insane out of his ass after years of being Bush's bitch, we're stuck with her as our best bet.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

That is a huge kick in the balls to Walker and his administration. I really hope Faulk picks up in her campaigning soon, I've been in touch with her office about working for them. Unless Feingold stops being a fucking moron or Barret pulls something insane out of his ass after years of being Bush's bitch, we're stuck with her as our best bet.

I think the real story linked on that website is why I'll never feel safe withdrawing money from an ATM ever again.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited March 2012
    I think I've figured it out. Every time "liberals" have money, it's because of George Soros. I had to wonder why all the contortions, and then I realized it was their ONLY way to demonize liberal funding without actually attacking the wealthy, wealthy donors, or the oligarchic financial system we have. It's not that receiving money is bad, or soliciting exchange of influence for fabulous donations from a wealthy person who makes his bucks screwing others over, it's that Soros is part of a super-secret-satanic order, and that's the only reason he's a liberal! So accepting his money is accepting Satan! Goldman Sachs or BofA though? A-okay!

I love the conspiracy theories around soros/obama.

They involve devaluing the american currency, which would of course be wonderful for Soros' holdings

There's Kathleen Faulk (puke.jpg)

Or Tom Barrett who's going to announce his candidacy sometime between now and after he wins the Milwaukee mayoral race on Tuesday(what a scumbag)

Or Doug La Follete who has no actual chance of winning and doesn't have much substance in his campaign (running because of familial ties mainly) douglafollette032812.jpg

Or Kathleen Vinehout who doesn't stand a chance

We're so fucking screwed

Barrett's alright, I can think of a thousand better people nationally but for chances to beat walker combined with unlikely to destroy the state, he seems fine. I mean he did take a bullet for someone, so he couldn't be a total scumbag.

override367 on
    Barrett would get killed, or at least should get killed, in the election for the simple reason that he abandoned the Milwaukee people right after electing him

Isn't Milwaukee the dark cesspit of evil Scott "Babyeater" Walker and that vote-fraud lady came from?

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think Falk basically laid claim to the nomination by way of being first in line. I've been operating on the assumption that that's just how things are going to pan out.

And it is in fact spelled Falk, not 'Faulk'.

I know, everyone had their heart set on Feingold, but Falk will work out fine. She's got pretty good name recognition, she'll be fine on labor concerns, she'll be fine on environmental concerns, she gets the western half of the state more engaged than the Milwaukee vs. Milwaukee matchup that was Walker/Barrett, and everyone's actually paying attention this time.

EDIT: Milwaukee isn't the cesspit. Milwaukee proper, at least. Waukesha County is the cesspit.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Barrett's smashing Falk in the primary, though.

And here come the fake Democrats again.

I am ashamed to have to say 'again'.

It's amazing to me how much money these people can throw away on political chicanery and have it still be worth the payoff of getting their guy elected instead of some other guy.

Or even SEEM to be worth the payoff.

edited March 2012
    Boring7 wrote: »

It's amazing to me how much money these people can throw away on political chicanery and have it still be worth the payoff of getting their guy elected instead of some other guy.

Or even SEEM to be worth the payoff.

So, simple point here. The high end estimate for this fall's election (all of them, state level, local, Congressional, Presidential, judicial)? $6 billion. The tax breaks for oil companies alone? Something like $11 billion. Elections are a cheap way to maintain profits.

enlightenedbum on
    Yeah, honestly the costs of political activity are ridiculously small compared to the overall economy or the money that rich people stand to lose if the results aren't carefully controlled.

Politics is a good investment.

Milwaukee police/firefighters lack solidarity.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    So, when does Walker get beaten to death by a group of enraged sentient bipedal humanoid marsupials while soul music plays in the background?

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    So, when does Walker get beaten to death by a group of enraged sentient bipedal humanoid marsupials while soul music plays in the background?

Wait, is that a Tank Girl reference?

Also, who else is gonna vote today in the Repub primary? It's an open primary, I do believe.

How is Santorum doing in Wisconsin?
    I never thought I would be asking that question in a million years. :rotate: [/spoilier]

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

Also, who else is gonna vote today in the Repub primary? It's an open primary, I do believe.

B5 reference, same as the thread title. The Narns are marsupial.

iguanacus wrote: »

B5 reference, same as the thread title. The Narns are marsupial.

Oh that Lord Refa.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    52 % want him recalled. In a Rasmussen poll.

You WILL crush this man. If not for me, if not for yourselves, just do it for Roosevelt.

Absalon wrote: »

You WILL crush this man. If not for me, if not for yourselves, just do it for Roosevelt.

I suppose we have reached the requirement to hear the lamentations of his women by this point.

Absalon wrote: »

Of course that's not the question. The question is if any of the Democrats can beat him. And those polls are all super close. I've seen one with Barrett up one and Faulk down one, but otherwise Walker has a slim lead.