As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Clan Rat to Kislev

4/6 PP

• texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    hmm...everyone is so entrentched now.....it's tough to feel like i'm doing any good here. Guess i need to start knocking someone down hard....

Bloodthirster to the troll country and rest

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    So that's how you want to play it, huh. Come at the king, you best not miss, as they say in Baltimore.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Leper to The Empire.

3/6 PP

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    Cultist to The Empire.

4/6 PP

be fair....would you have played it differently in my shoes?

I mean it was a choice between a blood letter and a bloodsworn....or the big guy.....without cards i think the choice was clear...

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Daemonette to the Empire
    and rest

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I expected the Big Guy, just not way up there.

Characters
    Well, I might have considered playing it somewhere else. I suppose you're scared of Havoc though. Which is understandable of course.

Anyway:

Clan Rat to the Badlands

3/6 PP

Yea, Havoc is always a possibility for him.

Leper to the Empire.

2/6 PP

Characters
    Havoc is a terrifing card right now. Without that first round dac i need to play catch up. Satisfing Tzeentch's request and leaving him alone, will hopefully mean he leaves me alone....

Gotta say, I like being the only guy who can play cards.

Cultist to The Empire.

3/6 PP

I actually considered makeing the sacrifice. I decided against it as i knew i couldn't fill enough slots to stop you....

I pass back to @jakobagger

Vermin Lord in Troll Country

0/6 PP

Leper to the Empire.

1/6 PP

Characters
  • doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Round 2-3. Summon Phases

game71state18.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Closing the Portal : Players cannot draw more than one card during the draw phase.
    Morrslieb Eclipsed : Players cannot play Chaos cards except Tzeentch.

- Upgrade Effects
    RAT OGRES - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region.

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Empire : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)

Khorne and Slaanesh and Horned Rat rest.
    @Jebu active.

doldari on
    Cultist to The Empire.

2/6 PP

Plaguebearer to the Empire.

0/6 PP

Characters
    edited March 2012
    Round 2-3. Summon Phases

game71state19.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Closing the Portal : Players cannot draw more than one card during the draw phase.

- Upgrade Effects
    RAT OGRES - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region.

- Chaos Card Effects

Everyone is asleep except for the @Jebu

doldari on
    Convocation on The Empire, moving two cultists and a greater daemon from Estalia to The Empire. 1/6 PP

Warp Portal to Kislev, discarding a second Convocation to move the Rat Ogre to Bretonnia. 1/6 PP

Cultist to The Empire and rest.

edited March 2012
    I like how there was another step beyond my current thinking of What Is Tzeentch Going to Do to Screw Me?

1st Draft: He's going to save enough PP to get his Greater Daemon into the Empire.
    2st Draft: Hmmm, no he's going to Warp Portal my warrior out of the Empire and then play more cultists.
    3nd Draft: Actually, he's going to Warp Portal his Greater Daemon into the Empire and still have PP left for stuff.
    Actual Results: :?

Aegis on
    Characters
    Aaand he managed to also mess my shit up. Well done!

"What's that? Three regions that can potentially be dominated for people who aren't me? Fuck that."

Characters
    Round 2-4. Battle Phases

game71state20.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice.
    Troll Country : 4 Dice, 4 Dice
    The Empire : 1 Dice, 3 Dice, 1 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 4 Dice, 1 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Badlands : 2 Dice

I'd offer not to target your rat ogre if you don't target me, but if my dudes go haywire, well ain't many targets.

As for the Empire...I would think Darian and I would be hitting Tzeentch cultists to at least prevent domination but that's going to require luck.

Characters
    Have to say, that was pretty brilliant. Only thing I might have done differently is sending the ogre at Tilea, where he is more likely to block a domination. Glad you didn't, though.

I think he wants to make my domination in Bretonnia a sure thing in case Khorne has bad dice again.

Characters
    edited March 2012
    The Empire: 1 Hit, an Acolyte dies.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited March 2012
    I'm going to be out most of the day unlikely to have access to a computer, so in advance here is Bretonnia's results spoilered. Once Khorne rolls, if someone could quote them for viewing that'd be <3
    Bretonnia: Nothing.

All of you are fired.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited March 2012
    Getting my dice off

the troll country: 4 hits
    http://orokos.com/roll/66232

it's a rat ogre i guess...

btw you ever seen sooooo many 4's?

texasheat on
    Are you choosing the ogre because you want to or because you think you need to?
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region.

Troll Country: nope.

I was seriously considering sending something into Tilea (possibly that Vermin Lord), but I thought it was better to go mess with Nurgle since he's definitely getting at least second in ruination in The Empire. But yeah, I'm pretty happy with how that turned out. :)

The Empire: 2 hits, two Lepers dead please.

Actually, because you killed two lepers instead of my plaguebearer and a leper, if Slaanesh gets 1 hit and chooses a cultist, the region won't ruin. And if he gets 2 hits, he'll be forced to kill at least one cultist with the same result.

Characters
    I am okay with having the opportunity to dominate The Empire twice and letting it ruin next turn.

But then I have a better shot of getting 1st place in corruption next round if he takes out your cultist, since I'll be leading in the corruption race.

Characters
    Empire, round 2: 1d6h4 0
    I got nothin'

Well poop. I will settle for 2nd place then.

Meanwhile Tzeentch creeps 40% closer to winning.

Characters
    edited April 2012
    Round 2-4. Battle Phases

game71state21.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice.
    Troll Country : 4 Dice, 4 Dice
    The Empire : 1 Dice, 3 Dice, 1 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 4 Dice, 1 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Badlands : 2 Dice

doldari on