As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    You know what I got instead of catcalls when I was in Iraq? Marriage proposals. Like, a shitton. Most of them were joking or wanted to immigrate to the US, I think, but there were a few who wanted me to stay in Iraq. One dude wanted me for his second wife. It was the weirdest shit.

And Didge, I agree with you about the horns. It makes me jump every time, and then I'm trying to figure out why they're honking at me when I ain't done a damn thing wrong. So, as a method of flirting, it fails. As a method for getting me to swear at them, it's extremely successful.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    You know what I got instead of catcalls when I was in Iraq? Marriage proposals. Like, a shitton. Most of them were joking or wanted to immigrate to the US, I think, but there were a few who wanted me to stay in Iraq. One dude wanted me for his second wife. It was the weirdest shit.

What??? I guess this must be a cultural thing but dang that's so weird!

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I was catcalled but I think it was a joke

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    omg want

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62628591/bridal-fashion-pure-linen-candice-clutch?ref=cat3_gallery_35

you can't see it clearly in that photo (why she has a photo of black-on-black is a mystery), but this is what a similar one in brown looks like: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62545078/pure-linen-envelope-clutch-in-brown-with

Holy crap WANT http://www.etsy.com/listing/61875209/stylish-danielle-clutch-great-for

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Those are both pretty! I was about to post the one you singled out, Usagi. :)

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Great minds think alike Janson! I'm a sucker for teal/brown mixes

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Do any of y'all have makeup tips for making oneself look older? I'm thinking makeup for job interviews, here. I would like interviewers to believe that I am really 27, but I'm kind of stuck with a baby face.

Man, I know that feeling. I got carded yesterday when buying alcohol (which turned out to a needless purchase as my friends brought their own, but whatever) and it made me realise that I can either shave and look like a kid or keep it on and look like a crazed vagrant.

Boths looks have their ups and downs, I imagine. And it occurs to me that "grow a beard!" is exactly the opposite of helpful advice so I'll stop there I think

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I look like I'm 19 forever and honestly at this point I just kind of deal with it and in a way enjoy it.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    Usagi wrote: »
    Great minds think alike Janson! I'm a sucker for teal/brown mixes

God yes, I'm thinking of getting more teal/brown into my wardrobe.

It's a pity that Tippy Thai didn't have a good teal canvas colour! I went for the same bag as Viv and WaM in the listed colours (pear + black) as I really do have enough purples/blues already. Plus, greens go quite nicely with purple. :)

I have a round baby-face, though I am also more on the tall & curvy side so I'm not often mistaken for a teen, just a bit younger than I am. It's quite nice, really; a little more hassle to have to constantly show ID, but I'd prefer that to looking older than my years for sure!

Erics wrote: »

Maybe they have a fetish for women in uniform. I dunno, man.
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Do any of y'all have makeup tips for making oneself look older? I'm thinking makeup for job interviews, here. I would like interviewers to believe that I am really 27, but I'm kind of stuck with a baby face.

Man, I know that feeling. I got carded yesterday when buying alcohol (which turned out to a needless purchase as my friends brought their own, but whatever) and it made me realise that I can either shave and look like a kid or keep it on and look like a crazed vagrant.

Boths looks have their ups and downs, I imagine. And it occurs to me that "grow a beard!" is exactly the opposite of helpful advice so I'll stop there I think

Dude, if I could grow a beard, I would. At least then I would stand out in a sea of applicants.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    You'd have thought that a house would be a unique applicant. But no, everywhere you go, there's a long line of houses and other buildings just patiently waiting outside

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Heh, @Janson and @bowtiedseal fuckit I'm gonna buy it, thanks for the advice

It's so damn CUTE

yesss! post pictures when you get it!

I really like the clutches posted, but I could never actually own one because I just know I would lose it. I have to have some kind of strap to attach it to myself. I have something like this for when I don't want to have a big purse and my essentials don't fit in my pockets (mine was half the price though! and a different pattern, but I can't find it online anymore.)

I'm all about shoulder straps, myself! Hehe, all of my bags are giant. :)

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Dude, if I could grow a beard, I would. At least then I would stand out in a sea of applicants.

I have two grey hairs

Maybe even more than two

You could try that out

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I don't get catcalled

my butt does

kQwcZLJ.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    your butt has a great personality alright

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    I saw that as "crank called" for a second and wondered how your butt could handle a phone

Maybe I need to re-learn how to read

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    I saw that as "crank called" for a second and wondered how your butt could handle a phone

I think the image I have in my head is disturbing.

I'm just not sure though.

Which is more worrying.

t9migZb.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular

I saw that as "crack called" and thought you were going to make an awful joke. I'm sorry Ed.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I always worry when I wear a pencil skirt that I will encounter a steep set of stairs and have to walk up them sideways like a crab. It doesn't stop me, but its in the back of my mind!

Liiya on
    Liiya wrote: »
    I always worry when I wear a pencil skirt that I will encounter a steep set of stairs and have to walk up them sideways like a crab. It doesn't stop me, but its in the back of my mind!

You have to make the pincers movements with your hands if this ever happens.

Promise me!

t9migZb.jpg
    Silmaril wrote: »

Promise me!

For you, Sil, I will. For you.

What's a pencil skirt and why does it make stairs a challenge?

Don't do it! Someone will YouTube it as "Mad crab lady goes up stairs.avi"

And that someone will probably be Sil. Having planned this very moment!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Silmaril wrote: »

Promise me!

For you, Sil, I will. For you.

This is the best news I've had all day.

I'm already laughing.

t9migZb.jpg
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I don't get catcalled

my butt does

yep me too

I do the really classy thing and hike my skirt up a bit so i have more freedom of movement

(maybe not the best solution)

Don't do it! Someone will YouTube it as "Mad crab lady goes up stairs.avi"

And that someone will probably be Sil. Having planned this very moment!

Dammit!

t9migZb.jpg
    What's a pencil skirt and why does it make stairs a challenge?

9PencilSkirt.jpg
    This is one! Its tight on the thighs, so you can't get a long stride, but makes your arse look good.

I could always hike it up, that's true, Bits!

when you curse I always have a laugh! There doesn't look like there's much movement in those.

There's not. Its more a "taxi to dinner table" kind of skirt. No impromptu jogging or hurdles.

My skin is worse than ever today.

At this point, I no longer care.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I need to get a black pencil skirt. I've been meaning to pick one up

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Maybe you can do tiny bunnyhops up the stairs. Gives you a nice workout too!

XStly.jpg

I have two grey hairs

Maybe even more than two

You could try that out

That would require me to stop dying my hair. I mean, for all I know, I've had grays for years, but my roots are mousy so it would be hard to tell.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    Climb the stairs doing a handstand, that'll work.

Wiet wrote: »
    Maybe you can do tiny bunnyhops up the stairs. Gives you a nice workout too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeK-Q1xoGxw

Boo Janson :(

I think it would be hard to feel pretty at this stage even if I were to have good skin, though! :(

Janson wrote: »
    I think it would be hard to feel pretty at this stage even if I were to have good skin, though! :(

Well exactly! You're not going to feel tip-top when you're so far along, I bet your muscles are really sore and all that!

I am aching quite a bit today, but I am tired, too.

Mostly I am fed up of the clothes! And of looking like a slob at work, but I'm also not really sure how to get around that.

Talk everyone else into coming to work in sweatpants. Then you'll look less slobby in comparison.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.