As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SW:TOR]: PvP Thread. Ilum, you are terrible.

• Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    Hmm.. ok im wrong then(probably). I swear ive lost my progress on aimed shots and stuff and have had to recast it, and only time those are up would be under cover. And ill admit.. im really really really not comfortable or knowledgeable with other classes abilites so i cant really tell what the heck is has happened with the speed of things sometimes. Snugglers(GS/SS) do deserve something of a quick move ability or something though but i wont complain. Im sure everyone wishes they had something.

Ahh that makes sense with the resolve not knocking someone back especially when they are in my face. I know hunker down makes you immune to CC, but those staby mcstabface guys do a crap tonne of damage. And if they ever do stun me, im almost dead when they are done. Oh and the sorcs? with the lightning. Sometimes they are easy to handle, but sometimes they do a ridiculous amount of damage in combo with their DOT. Rarely come across those guys though. Yesterday in a huttball there was this ball carrier that we couldnt put a dent in at all no matter what we did to him. We would stun him, hammer him with everything we got, but it looked like his health didtnt move. As much as all this stuff can be annoying when you trying to make a goal line stand you just shrug and go on to the next game. It would be like me trying to stop a sumo wrestler from getting across the line. It aint happening.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    As a sentinel, what do I do against snipers? Is it just a matter of dee pee ess? I can't interrupt them while they're in cover and I have no crowd control to speak of at this level.
    Also that tip for defensive forms is aces. Already had some good times where having it up helped me win an assassin medal against someone much higher level and competent.
    Boy are assassin's interesting fights one on one. Really keep you on your toes those guys.

Really loving this class still, even when I run into high level premades. I don't care. I've never cared about that kind of thing. I have the thickest skin for downs in a game. I remember the good things and treat bad things like puzzles. If I can't solve the puzzle I ask and if it's obvious that it's unsolvable I don't care.
    So with that mindset this games pvp is awesome.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Run up, dot them up, crit their face off, pop rebuke, and pop guarded by the force when you have low health, camo back to them after they knock you back, etc. They're annoying to fight as melee, but they can be handled if they don't get the jump on you too bad.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I don't have guarded or camo so I'm guessing I'm just going to get wasted by certain classes until I get better abilities. Which I kind of expected.
    One more game should get me a full set of level 20 pvp armor, then I can go pve while waiting for pvp instead of hanging around the fleet.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Yeah, Sentinel/Marauder can probably do fine at lower levels, but until you're deep into the 40s and have all the major abilities you're just not going to be as deadly as you will later on. Especially with that AC, because they're very gear dependent too.

• Options
    Chases Street DemonsChases Street Demons Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    ...I get the feeling a lot of the experince with Gunslingers/Snipers (including mine) are with Sharpshooter/Marksmanship specs. Anyone out there who has pvped with a Saboteur/Engineering or Dirty Fighting/Lethality spec care to enlighten us if the focus on few cover-only/cast time abilities helps with the LoS dodging that happens all the time in PvP?

I have a 50 Lethality Sniper (I don't know the names of the Funslinger equivalents so I'm going to trust if you to figure them out)- I'm almost never in cover. Some people advocate a mixed Eng/Lethality spec that gets you interrogation probe (18s snare) instead of going up the tree to weakening blast in Lethality, but I favor Weakening Blast because it increases the damage done by Cull - proof of this can be seen by WBing something then culling it. Every tick of Cull drops the amount of WB charges by the number of poisons/bleeds on the target. Also, bigger numbers.

Assuming I roll up on someone unawares I hit Corrosive Grenade - Weakening Blast - Corrosive Dart. After the dart I hit F to drop into cover then Cull and Series of Shots. Then it's just a matter of deciding if the target needs an ambush or a snipe, or if I need to GTFO

I use cover primarily to make myself into an unassailable knockback on the lower platforms in Huttball - other than that, I drop into it once in a blue moon for an Ambush against light armor but most of the time I'm mobile.

"Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Finally hit 50 on my sentinel. It's obviously a very gear dependent class, but I'm still having some fun being a scrub. I actually rolled Republic against my normal Imperial allies, so I know who all the good people on the opposing teams are.

Sadly, the good healers know where their dispel button is so that shuts me down pretty hard :(

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    Finally hit 50 on my sentinel. It's obviously a very gear dependent class, but I'm still having some fun being a scrub. I actually rolled Republic against my normal Imperial allies, so I know who all the good people on the opposing teams are.

Sadly, the good healers know where their dispel button is so that shuts me down pretty hard :(

Are you talking about the trauma debuff from visious slash, or the dots that Watchman/Annilation Sents/Maras depend on?

'Cause if it's trauma, they're making it unremovable in 1.2... If it's the dots, score one for Combat/Carnage! :p

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    What should one be spending their warzone comms on as they are leveling up? I'm at 34 so do you guys just buy the 40 red gear and wait till you hit 40 or is there a better way to spend this currency?

• Options
    As a sentinel, what do I do against snipers? Is it just a matter of dee pee ess? I can't interrupt them while they're in cover and I have no crowd control to speak of at this level.
    Also that tip for defensive forms is aces. Already had some good times where having it up helped me win an assassin medal against someone much higher level and competent.
    Boy are assassin's interesting fights one on one. Really keep you on your toes those guys.

Most snipers deal 90% white damage. That means that Pacify is amazing against them (reduces their accuracy by 90%). Taking snipers out of cover is key, so when you get force stasis you want to use it to take them out of cover (where they can't use most of their good abilities). It depends on your spec from there.

The other deal with cover is that you can't re-enter cover when you're immobilized. So when you get them out, if you're combat you can crippling throw them for extra time, and move into a Master Strike (works better if you also have master strike immobilize talent).

If you're Watchman, feel free to charge them point blank when they're out of cover. When they push you back, they'll be in cover so you can't charge to them.

Pretty much all your defensive cooldowns are amazing against them. Pacify, Saber Ward, Rebuke, Guarded by the Force (when you get it).

The key is to have the abilities and know how to use them to screw with your opponent's abilities. Also, if they get range on you, remember to LOS them. Almost all of their good abilities have a cast time.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the tips. I just got pacify last level.

I had this one funny moment where I kept putting a pillar between me and this ranged guy until I got my charge back. I didn't want to charge him across open ground.

Stasis is so good as an ender when you just need them to stop flailing around on those last bits of health and just damn well die. I can't wait till I get merciless slash.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    So, I've been playing with the Razer Naga and new video card for a little over a week now...

Fucking such a huge difference. Before, while using the wireless laptop mouse and onboard gfx, I would lag out and not be able to respond fast enough to the situation in PvP. Like, if I had Astarte healing me then I could do something besides charging into the middle of combat, hitting my AoE taunt, and waiting to die. Forget even trying to use Intercede, or passing the ball if I had too many people on me.

Now I feel like I can do anything. The extra buttons also help, getting certain things like Vicious Throw into my rotation without too much difficulty. I'm now regularly doing 75k damage, and getting in the realm of 7 medals a match which I know has no special benefit but it makes me feel awesome!

Also, I wanted to add that the changes to Ilum in 1.1.5 I think are enough that we should change the title to "Ilum, you're mediocre."

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    More accurately would be: "What is Ilum?"

There's no longer any reason to go there except to do your daily/weekly faster while queuing for WZs, and in 1.2 they're removing that daily and weekly so it will be 100% pointless to go there unless you're going to trade some kills for valor, which also no longer matters except for titles/mounts in 1.2.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    What if.

What if I want to kill people.

Can I still go there then?

Will there be people that want to do that?
    Even if its just bob.
    Me and Bob will have so much fun killing each other so day. I'd go there for that.

I really wish this game had more and better open field pvp zones. I know they are adding more, but it's something I keenly miss. I used to take part in small group guerilla actions in Warhammer online as a preference. Easily led to some of the best small fights I've ever had in a pvp game.

Being able to run into one even at low level was grand. I really enjoy warzones, but they're not all I want. I thought I'd get some action on a pvp server, but it seems like none of the zones cross over so there's no risk running around in pve.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    The 1.2 PTS notes mentioned they are getting rid of Champion Gear bags (from the PVP vendor) and you can buy Battlemaster gear with WZ comms.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this means in the long run?

Can anyone expand on this?

• Options
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    The 1.2 PTS notes mentioned they are getting rid of Champion Gear bags (from the PVP vendor) and you can buy Battlemaster gear with WZ comms.

Everyone that does PvP will have Battlemaster gear and the new rated gear will be top tier.

• Options
    Shawnasee wrote: »

Essentially it's like this in 1.2: Get 50, spend credits to buy the entry level set, which from what I hear is comparable to champion(level 56). Do regular warzones, save up warzone comms, and you will be able to straight buy a full set of battlemaster, which now also has no valor requirement. Then, you do rated warzones and get the rated warzone comms, which are traded in for the war hero set, and if your rating is high enough, you'll be able to get a different color set of war hero with the same stats.

Gear becomes far more important in 1.2 pvp, because the armoring/mod/enhancement are all going to have expertise but less stats. They don't want people to pve in pvp gear, so pvp gear will not compare favorably at all to pve gear, but likewise is true for pve gear in pvp, because they changed the diminishing returns on expertise, so a full war hero character should presumably have ~25% expertise.

• Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Gear becomes far more important in 1.2 pvp, because the armoring/mod/enhancement are all going to have expertise but less stats. They don't want people to pve in pvp gear, so pvp gear will not compare favorably at all to pve gear, but likewise is true for pve gear in pvp, because they changed the diminishing returns on expertise, so a full war hero character should presumably have ~25% expertise.

Bearing in mind that apart from GW and a little WoW, I never really played MMO's.

Can someone please explain what the reasoning is and why there is a difference between PVE and PVP armor? Why is the expertise there?

Because my go to, first thought is: "more different loot to earn means more hours played, means more money for EA/blizzard/whatever". Another thought is: they had to carbon copy Blizzard, so that's why. (even though i don't remember anything pvp from my WoW days)
    GW didn't have this difference in armorsets and the MP was fine. And I certainly can't remember "fans" puking their guts out over a balance or class issue. So it seems these extra parameters make balancing the game harder, even though they give the devs another extra "balance handle" with it.

Anyway, I was wondering, and I keep wondering because I can't pinpoint the exact reason.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular

Joril wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what the reasoning is and why there is a difference between PVE and PVP armor? Why is the expertise there?

Warning 1 - Blatant generalisations in use.

Warning 2 - It's the internet, I may be making most of this up.

Because people don't like it when, to get the best in-slot item for your preferred style of pixel-bashing, you have to partake of your least favourite style of pixel-bashing.

Hence PvP'ers were not amused when (in WoW) for a period of time, in order to get the best PvP weapons, it was necessary to raid (as opposed to PvP for them) - and vice versa - PvE'ers complained that it was unfair that they were forced to PvP to get B-I-S items instead of raiding for them[1].
    Therefore a new stat was invented that only had an impact in PvP in an attempt to make gear PvP or PvE specific and stop the unholy screams that eminate from the middle class burdens they had cruelly applied prior to that.

It also conveniently splits the community into two sections who can then bitch at each other on the forums and provide us with lulz and internet dramaz.

[1] Creating gear with identical stats available through either PvP or PvE also does not work as someone will notice that one method will allows obtaining the gear xx nanoseconds earlier and therefore the developers are clearly biased, they all hate him/her and are persecuting him/her maliciously.[2]

[2] Godwin's law is usually invoked at this stage.

McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The reason expertise in TOR, and resilience in WoW became a thing, is this:

People who exclusively want to pvp do not want people who exclusively pve to have an advantage over them. If PvP gear didn't have a special stat, then people who raid the highest content would have an advantage(or equal footing) as people who pvp, assuming pvp gear had the same progression of stats.

It's fucking stupid, and IMO is just holding on to tradition/exploiting the subscription model of carrot on a stick to have the pvp stat though. If I was developing a PvP system in a game like TOR, everybody would be normalized at 50 based on their class, and the only rewards you'd get from pvping all the time would be titles, mounts, cosmetic gear looks only available that way, etc. Thus, the competition is all skill based.

That's what most people who pvp want, though there is a group of people who like the expertise and what not because they like having a gear advantage over people who don't pvp as much as them. I don't like the pvp gear system, but since it's there, I play with it, and even though I'm not in battlemaster gear yet, I'm getting on my way to BM, and in 1.2 it'll be easy to get so it's all good. I really do enjoy the pvp in TOR, it's a lot of fun.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So why not make top tier PVP armor equal to PVE armor, statwise. Or at least as valid in either situation. The solution seems so ridiculously easy. (again, Guild Wars did it...)
    Both top tier pve and pvp take up "loads and loads of time" in my mind, so the time difference seems like a non-issue :s

Before playing the game I thought this was actually valid for ToR. Get top tier armor by either pve-ing or pvp-ing. Looks differ to show how you got it.
    But now the devs have stated(?) that they don't want people running pve with pvp armor? I don't know, seems like they are willingly making the game more tiresome.

EDIT: btw, didn't they also say you could take all stats out of armor to apply them to other pieces of armor? Didn't they also say there would be alternative ways to craft top tier gear instead of grinding it? Maybe the "grind" can be solved by the right amount of credits and or gathering missions?

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Correct, they do not want people doing only pvp, then being able to go do nightmare mode raids. Conversely, they do not want people only raiding, and having gear equal to people who pvp. You're right, in the name of fun, having gear not matter in competitive pvp is the way to go, and really, I don't know anybody who really gives a shit if people can pvp for gear then go raid in it, but in a subscription model game, what you're really doing is trying to stroke the heads of pve and pvp players separately and convince them that whatever progression method they choose is the right one.

In 1.2 you can pull the mods/set bonuses out of any gear and transfer them, but that still doesn't change that you need to put in the time to get the best pve/pvp gear to begin with.

I love this game because it's Star Wars, the voice acted story method of levelling is cool, and my friends all play it. Design wise, it's a disgrace compared to Guild Wars 2.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    So why not make top tier PVP armor equal to PVE armor, statwise. Or at least as valid in either situation.

I refer the honourable gentleman to section [1] of my post above.

McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Perfect sum up, trevellian.

Although I wish they did make PvE/PvP armor same statted, even if gearing up one way would be the preferred way, because I'd like to have less whole suits of armor cluttering up my inventory. (PvP set, PvE DPS set, Tank offset--potentially 28 inventory slots of spare clothes)

CowShark on
  • Options
    The solution is just to normalize stats in organized pvp. As was mentioned before, if you just made the stats on pve/pvp gear the same, raiders would be pissed because "you can get the pvp armor by losing over and over," and pvpers would be pissed because "those carebears just killed AIs, that's not even hard!"

Give pvpers cosmetic only looks, titles, and other ways to show off how committed they are to pvp, and give pve'ers progressing stats on gear(because you have to to keep the raid progression going), but normalize it all for warzones. Hell, that's what the 10-49 bracket already does, and a 50 version of that would be even more balanced because everybody has their abilities.

It's no surprise GW2, a game designed with PvP in mind(and with no sub fee) has this system of normalizing stats in organized pvp.

• Options
    trevellian wrote: »
    So why not make top tier PVP armor equal to PVE armor, statwise. Or at least as valid in either situation.
    I refer the honourable gentleman to section [1] of my post above.

I know, I know :) But it shouldn't make a difference, as I also stated.
    But I did forget to thank you for the info, even if it was a generalisation.

And I agree with Joshmvii, Guild Wars 2 seems to be the better designed game. (granted, this is coming from a person who prefered GW to WoW)

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    So with the changes to commendations, Champion gear/bags, Battlemaster, etc etc in 1.2, is there any reason right now to be busting one's hump trying to gear up? I'm sitting on 97 Champion comms right now (was saving up for the mainhand weapon). Should I just hurry and spend those? Not spend those?

The notes say they're doing away with all that, but I can't find anywhere that explains what will happen to our current comms/tokens/etc.

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I don't have guarded or camo so I'm guessing I'm just going to get wasted by certain classes until I get better abilities. Which I kind of expected.
    One more game should get me a full set of level 20 pvp armor, then I can go pve while waiting for pvp instead of hanging around the fleet.

I don't remember the mirrors for this for sentinel or gunslinger, but you can utterly ruin a sniper or gunslinger in a straight fight if you know what you're doing.

The key is to understand that you have a number of "pseudo stuns" that will take them out of cover.

The first is Force Choke. So long as they don't have Entrench running, it takes them out of cover and puts them in a stunned state. This makes it so they can't use their best attacks and some of their best utility, have to go back into cover again, and are vulnerable until they go back into cover. Using it on a long charge attack against someone who specializes in them is particularly infuriating.

The second thing is obfuscate (Which is even better in 1.2, as part of our "Marauders and Sentinels need to stop blowing ass for 90% of the playerbase patch.). Obfuscate inflicts a ninety percent accuracy debuff on a target. When used with a target like snipers and slingers, which have long charges on their attacks, you basically void an attack or two against them.

The third attack is your shout. It stuns everything nearby for a fair amount of time or until you attack it. Which means it takes them out of cover again. You may want to use this first in the hopes that they'll frantically blow their stun breaker. That way they can't pop out of your choke while channeling it.

Your fourth trick is your camo. Pop it when they're prepping a huge attack and it interrupts it. In 1.2 it has an inherent defense buff too, I believe.

If all else fails, and they're somehow still alive after all of this, remember you have a skill that will eat half of your HP to give you over 100 percent damage resistance. Eat it at low HP, then down a green and red PVP stim and watch everything turn to chunky gibs around you.

Marauders and Sentinels are the most vicious class in the game at 1v1 PVP. Problem is we're also the most complex game in the class to play, period. That leads to a lot of buff bar watching, and careful usage of skills that most classes never even use.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    So with the changes to commendations, Champion gear/bags, Battlemaster, etc etc in 1.2, is there any reason right now to be busting one's hump trying to gear up? I'm sitting on 97 Champion comms right now (was saving up for the mainhand weapon). Should I just hurry and spend those? Not spend those?

The notes say they're doing away with all that, but I can't find anywhere that explains what will happen to our current comms/tokens/etc.

I read the SWTOR PVP forums so you don't have to!

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/20/your-old-pvp-commendations-and-1-2/

This may help, but I have no clue what's in the 'pvp' crafting box.

• Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »

Well i guess the only reason to grind it out now(Valor 65) is go get the mounts. So if you are going to do that, you might as well gear yourself up with champion gear as you are going to burn through a lot of WZ/Merc commendations.

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    @Niceguy Myeye and @Sammich - thanks and good points. A lil research says the "Recruit" set (Champion) will cost 330K total after patch. I already have the Helmet and implant/earpieces ... guess I'll just grab up as many pieces as I can so I don't have to drop as much in creds come April.

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    So wait. It says that champion gear is being converted to slotless blue gear. Does that apply to existing gear?

Because if so, that blows. I know some people that min maxed their gear using mods.

• Options
    I don't think they'll retrofit the existing champ gear. The new stuff has a different name, and will probably just replace champion in the game effectively.

• Options
    UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    So with the 1.2 changes to Sages, I'm looking at different pvp builds and would love input.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZf00MZcMfRsMkrfz.1 is a bog standard deep balance build which I think is pretty obvious and plain, but effective.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600G0bZfsbMzRrutzZ0M.1 interests me alot, because while it gives up critical kinesis, it is deep telekenetics with both the aoe booster and deliverance cast time lowerer from the seer tree, which I think is cool.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGdRbdbdGzZf00MZ0M.1 is a pretty standard healer build, but all my itemization is willpower>power>crit/surge, with no attention paid to alacrity. I always thought alacrity only really benefited healer sages, is this assumption correct, or can I do well with very little alacrity?

Thanks for any input!

• Options
    I can't really speak to pvp viability of different builds, but you are definitely right about alacrity only really benefitting sages. Commando/Merc and Scoundrel/Op benefit less from it because not only do they have fewer cast time abilities, but more importantly, all it really does is run their resource down faster, as their resource isn't a giant pool like sage.

Sages benefit nicely from alacrity, and will probably want more of it in 1.2 than now, just because deliverance is now always going to be a 2.5s cast due to the conveyance change.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I don't think they'll retrofit the existing champ gear. The new stuff has a different name, and will probably just replace champion in the game effectively.

Don't know about that. They have gone through and converted the relics and some other items. I would not be surprised to see my bottom bag row of PVP gear turn into some useless sell crap after patch day.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    It's already on the PTS, and centurion/champ gear did not get changed. The recruit set is an entirely new set of blue gear(albeit with less other stats and more expertise than champion) sold by a vendor. Existing champion/centurion gear is unchanged.

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    I just rage logged having suffered through 3 straight matches with team members that had no idea what the hell they were doing. Oh hey let's not fight on doors or turrets. Let's not attack the healers. Let's not call for help. Yeah didn't want to be in a foul mood so I'm going to enjoy the end of fringe.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Man, I keep playing around trying to like focus spec on my Guardian for pvp, but I just don't think I can do it. I feel focus starved all the time in the spec, and outside of the sweep bombs, which are ridiculously easy to counter, I feel like I have my thumb up my ass. Sure, I can do 450k damage in void star from aoe, but I can do 300k in my Vigilance spec single target and actually put constant pressure on.

At least with vigilance I always know my blade storm and dispatch are going to crit, so anybody low on health I can throw down on 5 or 6k on demand in 2 GCDs anyway. Plus, CC immunity after leaping from unremitting cannot be overestimated. It's that good.

I think 1.2 adding the saber throw putting sunders talent into the Vig tree(so I can get plasma brand DoT going earlier) and execute range increasing to 30%, it's just going to further cement my love for my Vig spec.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Marauders are fun, but their toolbox to deal with cc seems to be filled with jellybeans because, oops, thought we were supposed to fill that box with jellybeans, our bad.

On the other hand I get to feel superior to just about everyone when I kill them in an actual fight (as opposed to just hitting people in the big brawl blob) since having played every other class in pvp I know of a dozen ways any of them could have killed me without me even being able to close the distance for more than half a second. Kind of the "idiot could have won if they used their knockback at all" thing seventeen times a match.

And that feels kinda good, actually.