As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    'they've been stress testing since september hurrrrr'

-what most people on the official forums believe

• DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I can provide stress by smacking things.

Drool on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    So the girlfriend and I are going to start stockpiling ready to eat meals as we both know our lives are going to devolve to:

Get up
    Go to work
    Come home
    Play D3
    Go to bed

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    weigh yourselves before and after and post results please

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hope at some point I get actual control over my skills, I mean I realize there are free and resource building attacks so there is no real reason to have a auto attack on click

but not being able to control what goes where on my bar is no fun some times

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I hope at some point I get actual control over my skills, I mean I realize there are free and resource building attacks so there is no real reason to have a auto attack on click

Pretty sure you can still put whatever you want wherever you want with a checkbox in your options.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    The model of the life potion is a cube, but its icon is a vial. Will we fix it?
    No intent to fix it. The 3D models that drop in the world (we call them flippies) are not accurate representations of items as they appear in icons and on your character.
    FLIPPIES

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    flippay!

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    so whats blizz april fools gonna be this year

'we cut 3 classes to release on time. enjoy witch doctor and demon hunter'

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    We banned Ross from every game.

nevillexmassig1.png
    you can't ban me if i quit!!!!

dawson-crying.jpg

brun

nevillexmassig1.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I hope they announce the real secret level and it is outlandish enough that people believe it's fake.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    gonna go ahead and guess unicorns

deckard cains

2x39jD4.jpg
    Diablo 3 delayed so they can revert it back to grainy sprites

• ResorathResorath Registered User regular

Or any control over your character at all?

oh sorry.

"Runes".

makibanner.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    diablo 3 is now blackthorne 2

wait no, that's awesome

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    I hope they announce the real secret level and it is outlandish enough that people believe it's fake.

they did that once before, now it's a WoW expansion

I want a rock and roll racing 2 april fools, and then I want it to be real.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    There is a 26 page thread in the Diablo forums asking for the cursor to be changed to a gauntlet like Diablo 2.

Hmm...

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    At the Diablo Fans forum, a Blizzard employee going by "Bashiok" revealed that the Inferno monster levels won't be linear in this incarnation. Instead, they'll level up progressively. He says the developers originally intended users to be able to farm wherever they want, but playtesting revealed a few problems. The final boss didn't feel like an appropriate challenge, the pacing felt off, and Blizzard wanted more variety so that hardcore players could have a challenge while casual players could make it through the game.

This raised concerns of taking away the ability to farm anywhere, but he says they aim to make loot better in later acts without making earlier equipment completely obsolete. "Even though the theoretical best items might come from the later Acts, well-rolled items from the earlier acts will still be better," he said.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73136/diablo-3-inferno-monster-levels-detailed

Resorath wrote: »

oh sorry.

"Runes".

Nah I like the runes and skill system a lot

2x39jD4.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

oh sorry.

"Runes".

I can't remember if anyone told you, but turning on 'Elective Mode' in the options lets you use whatever skills you want in whatever slots you have opened. The UI still needs some work but it's workable.

captaink wrote: »

oh sorry.

"Runes".

I can't remember if anyone told you, but turning on 'Elective Mode' in the options lets you use whatever skills you want in whatever slots you have opened. The UI still needs some work but it's workable.

yeah I use elective mode, but it still locks my hot bar slots until I hit a certain level and doesn't let me put auto attack on the mouse

2x39jD4.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Auto attack is hella lame

why would you even auto attack

gtfo

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well... hrm.

Okay, so the Wizard has Signature skills that should at least eventually become free. Maybe you'd want an auto-attack with a melee build, assuming that's still viable?

Demon Hunter has hatred generators, so I'm having a hard time thinking when you'd want to auto-attack when you could just generate rage for the same effect.

Monk builds spirit.

Barbarian builds rage.

Witch Doctor will auto attack if you're clicking and run out of mana.

The last one is the only one that comes to mind where it might come up more often, at least at a glance.

I mean, I haven't memorized the skills like I used to know the earlier games pretty much in and out (I like to think), are there any 'resource builders' that aren't also pretty much strictly better than the basic attack? Even if they do slightly less damage, they're also helping you do other more badass things too.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    no, melee wizard always uses spectral sword spell thingy instead of basic attack

basic attack sucks

only class that would ever use it is maybe witch doctor if they have zero mana and running away isn't somehow a better options

so maybe a witch doctor might use it once a year, but in that circumstance clicking the button for a skill with depleted resource will result in a basic attack so there is still no reason to bind it

No its a pretty nit picky complaint, I'll admit, but it would still be nice to be to have

I just really dont like the skills interface, it's serviceable but it isn't great

2x39jD4.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The DH also has a passive that boosts their normal attack.

Oh and it will be there in the full game or in a beta patch, it's just not currently an option.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Decided to play this again today

New monk is fun, the skill that makes you run around spinning a stick is the best

2x39jD4.jpg
    wee

nevillexmassig1.png
    i levelled a monk with dave and yeah he was like 'the fuck is that skill'

it eats spirit like whoa

Beasteh wrote: »
    i levelled a monk with dave and yeah he was like 'the fuck is that skill'

it eats spirit like whoa

Yeah but if you ever get a weapon that heals you for spirit used it would be an amazing escape and recovery tool

2x39jD4.jpg
    Decided to play this again today

New monk is fun, the skill that makes you run around spinning a stick is the best

have you gotten the big bell yet?

This discussion has been closed.