Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• HugglesHuggles Cinnabar is very toxic Not very huggableRegistered User regular
    Also Lightning Ronove. Admittedly I'm grinding my way through the campaigns right now but it would be nice to have you fine people to chat with.

Minecraft: Ginjinngear | Steam
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Both of you have been invited.

XBL/PSN: Qamel NNI: Quamel 3DS Code: 0774 4249 8305
    PAX East 2014 Omeganaut
    http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=geod
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Rawwwk, 25 HoM....

Guess I'll get on some other day and see If I can swing a Vabbian set with whatever cash I have just for a bonus 2 points and start on NM Winds of Change. Otherwise, I think I'm done with GW1. Whee.

Joko's Domain was a *pain* to Vanquish.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • ImperfectImperfect Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is this thing pretty quest-sparse? Like, I'll round up a good dozen, do them, and then have one or two in my log for a good few hours. I just finished dragging that chick through the dig site, carrying stone tablets around and such. Am I just before a major hub or something?

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

it's worth a shot :P
    might give them to anyone who never participated in the monthly tournaments

It should work. I've had Prophecies since launch, and I didn't have any problem getting the points. I think it's as long as you didn't register previously for the tournament system.

Aw, tried this last night. Got zero points for registering. I had pvped at launch, but had never registered for the tournament.

Did you talk to High Priest Zhang?

Woo, 60k get! thanks.
    Funny, had instant tells at 60k, but at 70k I got instant "OMG NOOB THATS 7k EA LOL"

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is this thing pretty quest-sparse? Like, I'll round up a good dozen, do them, and then have one or two in my log for a good few hours. I just finished dragging that chick through the dig site, carrying stone tablets around and such. Am I just before a major hub or something?

The game doesn't really deal with hubs as such. There are a lot of quests and you'll get to max level in 20 hours, but don't expect a city with 10 NPCs with exclamation marks above their head. The best thing to do is to explore a little. There's a deed for mapping out the whole continent anyway. You will run into plenty of quests along the way while doing that.

Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • EntriechEntriech Registered User regular
    Don't forget to snoop around Embark Beach today in light of the date.

Gamecenter/Gamertag/Steam ID/PSN: Entriech
    Guild Wars 2: Entriech.3507 | Scythe Gearsnap, Phlork, Irenic
  • EntaruEntaru Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

it's worth a shot :P
    might give them to anyone who never participated in the monthly tournaments

It should work. I've had Prophecies since launch, and I didn't have any problem getting the points. I think it's as long as you didn't register previously for the tournament system.

Aw, tried this last night. Got zero points for registering. I had pvped at launch, but had never registered for the tournament.

Did you talk to High Priest Zhang?

Woo, 60k get! thanks.
    Funny, had instant tells at 60k, but at 70k I got instant "OMG NOOB THATS 7k EA LOL"

Not getting a bite at 60k. Must be the time of the day or something.

edit: I sold for 5.5k a piece. Not terrible.

Entaru on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
  • HugglesHuggles Cinnabar is very toxic Not very huggableRegistered User regular
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Fabulously Ford-Free TorontoRegistered User regular
    Guild Wars April 1 Missions = A++, would terminate again. Better than Winds of Change!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 3823-8693-5976
    Guild Wars 2: Julia Cappo Final Fantasy XIV: G'rhant Tia, Hyperion Server
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Oh lawd, magic damage now based on friendship levels.

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Corporal Bane missions were pretty good. They're repeatable, too, if you're still trying to max out the Vanguard title.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
    I ragequited again today. Thanks for the kind words in guildchat. Next time I'll need someone's help to complete this. I'm so very frustrated with the game right now. It's just cheating with handing you a mission of over an hour and make the last boss a double pull with a lot of ranged mobs.

• KetBraKetBra hiRegistered User regular
    That sucks, Aldo, wiping at the end is always the most frustrating.

sig.png
    edited April 2012
    This game has really unexpected difficulty spikes.
    Spoiler:

Huggles on
    Huggles wrote: »
    This game has really unexpected difficulty spikes.
    Spoiler:

Man, stop making Factions sound so damned attractive.

Or maybe I should roll necromancer, they can spam minions too, right?

• unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    i've been bragging about how good my cookie cutter rit build is all day in guild chat, made like 100k soloing the uw :P

i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
    It feels so dirty and unoriginal. But it works so well! Just need to farm faction until I can acquire Summon Souls then I will be unstoppable! Mwahahaha...

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I started plotting out my hom points to try and make 30. Hoo boy there is such a massssssssive spike in difficulty after 20. Gotta hurry up and finish nightfall so I can buy factions and begin building my op hero team. Then farming for armor money and hero armor upgrades...

casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
    Destroyer weapon get. It wasn't too terrible to do but I did sell a lot of the crap I had sitting in storage to do it.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    i've been bragging about how good my cookie cutter rit build is all day in guild chat, made like 100k soloing the uw :P

If I wasn't worried about burnout, I might roll a rit alt specifically to farm underworld to feed my main the cash I need to fuel more HoM points. They're just so, so, so much better than every other class in the game. (Which continues to worry me just slightly about GW2, since they haven't shown much talent for balancing classes so far.)

"Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    edited April 2012

If I wasn't worried about burnout, I might roll a rit alt specifically to farm underworld to feed my main the cash I need to fuel more HoM points. They're just so, so, so much better than every other class in the game. (Which continues to worry me just slightly about GW2, since they haven't shown much talent for balancing classes so far.)

I think I am going to dust off the old rit I have for said endevour. He's 20 and has most of the skills I'd need already. After a day of running "Crazy Entaru's wholesale liquidations" I need another source of income.

Edit: I'm not too terribly worried about gw2 because what happened with gw1 was really that the skill base became to large for a group of humans to rightfully balance so at some point they just gave up on PvE balance. That's part of what the new game is designed to combat.

Entaru on
    They're still pretty squishy.

Though with a decent hero build carrying you through most of the game, that shouldn't really be a problem I suppose.

• unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    yeah pvp is still quite balanced in GW1

i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
    Yeaaaah 27 HoM points!

I think the last three will be relatively easy, actually. Shouldn't take too too much time.

sig.png
    Annnnd I would have had another one if I didn't miss the minimize button and hit x instead. 8-)

sig.png
  • ImperfectImperfect Registered User regular
    Why not just alt-tab? Same function as the minimize button, less chance for INCREDIBLE FATAL DISASTER OMG.

I had my gw in window mode and went to maximize it again.

sig.png
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    28 points, just need 1 weapon now to put me at 30. And that means doing war in kryta.

Got 250k in about 5 hours of play. Vabbian armor, bought.

Draygo on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    So I've been infected with the GW2 fever. And naturally I want all the goodies that come with playing the original game, HOWEVER

I've never played it, and from what I gather it would take a fuckton amount of time to go from 0 to 30 HoM points.

Is this true?
    Can I find the full set for cheaper than $40? (this is on amazon)

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    It will take quite a bit of time but you can get a lot of points just finishing each campaign, and guild wars beyond quests.

Why not just alt-tab? Same function as the minimize button, less chance for INCREDIBLE FATAL DISASTER OMG.

Alt-tab makes the whole game lag like hell for me. Like, unplayably so.

So I've been infected with the GW2 fever. And naturally I want all the goodies that come with playing the original game, HOWEVER

I've never played it, and from what I gather it would take a fuckton amount of time to go from 0 to 30 HoM points.

Is this true?
    Can I find the full set for cheaper than $40? (this is on amazon)

I found the full set for $30 at gamestop, but I've never heard reports of anyone else accomplishing it. I got to about 25 points in twoish months.

"Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

This. Although if I do it, and then experiment with minimizing/re-maximizing I usually can get it to return to normal.

camo_sig2.png
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »

This. Although if I do it, and then experiment with minimizing/re-maximizing I usually can get it to return to normal.

Yea

changing zones also tends to fix it.

it's a pain in the rear end, though.

• BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bethryn's Pretty Big Guide to Hall of Monuments points
    Spoiler:

Hope this has been helpful, any criticism, extra tips and other feedback, put @Bethryn in the response so I see it!

Bethryn on
    bethryn.png
    edited April 2012
    That guide is a bit out of date on costing. Vabbian armor requires 14 rubies and sapphires, which are selling for about 8 plat each right now. Cost on Vabbian armor's gemstone requirement alone is more around 300k right now, rather than the 112k listed. @Bethryn

Darkewolfe on
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You don't need the helmet, but somehow I cocked up the calculations and did half the price; it's 224k, not 112k. Cheers.

Bethryn on
    bethryn.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Thanks, that is helpful in that I dont have to go running all over the wiki over and over till I memorize it. Its a lot of info to force yourself to learn 4 campaigns worth of content in a month. Now I have a nice little place to refer to alll in one page.

Oddly enough I did exactly what the guide recommends for progression early. Started nightfall for heroes went to eotn asap rushed to the tourney asap and made it to the final fight on my own 2 out of 3 times before getting all the heroes from it, mainly xandra. I woulda made it through 3 times but I ran into dwayna form melonni without an enchant removal and the fight was never going to end :(. However if you dont have factions there isnt much you can do with her. im using the nighhtfall heros anyway to make sure they hit 20 first. I plan on buying factions very soon anyway (tonight prolly) so that wont be an issue anymore.

Best way to get balth faction is to do the training arena twice a day a you make your way through the campaigns. You can get 2k daily from this. That should get you those elites btu the time you finish the campaigns unless you rush through them like crazy.

those areas for farming are good though. I plan on seeing how far I can get soloing this shizz.

casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
    Note: You can buy skills for your heroes for expansions you don't have using hero skill points. There's a bunch of Nightfall guys who train those, plus a guy in the HoM/

"Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."