As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

this is the save toonami thread for babbys check OP for details you candycorns

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    balerbower the last fight scene in the protector is literally

literally

tony jaa realizes he failed

and that these people have taken what he loved the most

and instead of crying he just checks the fuck out and beats up fifty guys in a row and snaps probably 40 limbs in five minutes

it's probably the meanest fight scene i've ever seen, there's no emotion in it besides pure burning rage and hate and a desire for vengeance

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Also before Kung Fu Hustle there was Shaolin Soccer

Which is basically if you made a kung fu + soccer movie with a bit of NBA Jam and a dance scene

Which means it's possibly the most important movie ever made ever

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    if we're talking classics though

36th Chamber of Shaolin is basically if you took the training sequence and made an entire movie out of it

aka

the best movie ever

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I seriously need more Wuxia in my life.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    haha, ya know, makes me think that in the most kung fu movies i've seen, the protagonist always just fought far enough to the point where he just incapacitates his opponents and leaves them writhing and groaning on the floor, but in the end, they're a-okay

you're saying that tony jaa just fucking brutalizes everybody? no mercy and such? sounds good to me.

edited April 2012
    just that one scene really

at least

that's the only time it's super explicit

but all the fight scenes are brutal looking

edit it's on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIq14nfHsHo&feature=related

Buttlord on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    holy shit guys what if

guys what if the april fools joke is them pretending that this is an april fools joke

when in reality it is here to stay

this would have costed way too much to just be a one time thing, there's no way that they're just going to go back after tonight.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    ok time to black the fuck out

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    holy shit guys what if

guys what if the april fools joke is them pretending that this is an april fools joke

this would have costed way too much to just be a one time thing, there's no way that they're just going to go back after tonight.

we can only hope

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    holy shit guys what if

i doubt it wouldve cost much more to pay steve blum for more lines than it wouldve cost to license the room and thats the only new thing going on here it is 3-6 am get some sleepu

nightn menschu u-u

• PataPata Registered User regular
    AHHHHHH.

DO YOU WANT ME TO BUY ALL THOSE DVDS TOONAMI?

I don't want to watch Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Big O again!

SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    best space ghost episodes:

dreams
    knifin' around
    piledriver
    old kentucky nightmare
    ant
    flipmode

I straight do not give a shit that this was from the first page

This is the best and most definitive list of best Space Ghost episodes

The amount of right you are just made someone explode in another galaxy

Congratulations

(This goes on for a while. Like an hour.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    ahhh AHHHH

NO SLEEP FOR ME I GOTTA SHUT DOWN THAT TRACTOR BEAM

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    my problem with big o's shitty awkward moving robots

is that they spent half an episode watching the dumb things slowly rise out of the ground

then slowly take a step forward

then the next one

and then ah god fuck you just fucking fight we get it, you move realistically for a mechanical object your size i don't care i don't care i don't care

I know this is from way early in the thread, but

oh my god you like Jim Lee and you have this to say about Big O?

It's like you're Opinion Hitler. Is there no limit to your wretchedness?

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    wouldn't it be funny if today's cartoon network imitated the old "Cartoon Cartoons" style

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Lol G gundam being anything but the worst of the gundam series no actual war and its a random game fought instead stardust is the best gundam either that or 0021.

Lol G Gundam being directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa who has directed some of the most acclaimed anime like the Giant Robo OVA and who does drama and characters better than pretty much any other Gundam series ever

Seriously, you're awful. When you get past the whole tournament thing (which is something Bandai made them do) the way Imagawa handled the whole thing by turning it into a martial arts epic is incredible. If you actually watch the show you'd find that every single episode reveals a new character or plot element or leads to character development. There's no filler, the plot is incredibly tight and the characters all get a decent amount of development. And even with all that the show still manages to just be fun, too.

It's not a traditional Gundam show, but it was never supposed to be, you stooge.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I never had cable as a kid soooo this is cool but doesn't resonate with me that much

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I picked the wrong goddamn night to go to sleep early!

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    just that one scene really

at least

that's the only time it's super explicit

but all the fight scenes are brutal looking

edit it's on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIq14nfHsHo&feature=related

You know, you'd think at some point they'd realize that stretching out their various limbs like that would end with said limbs being broken.

[IMG][/img]
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Yeah, I changed my answer on that pretty quickly, but hot damn, so many manly tears during Water 7.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    How many Tenchi series are there, anyway?

Techi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki is the original OVA series, split into three parts, the first two are good, the third suffers from trying to do too much in a small amount of episodes.
    Tenchi Universe is alright, but didn't have the charm of the OVA series. Though the Time & Space adventure episodes are among my favorites of the entire multiverse.
    Tenchi In Tokyo.. isn't good.
    Magical Girl Pretty Sammy I haven't seen, but I understand to be a good Magical Girl Parody.
    GXP is a spin off of the OVA series and I haven't seen it either. Has a cross over with the third ova series in one episode.

GXP is fun in so much as it shows off the setting a bunch. But it doesn't have a lot going for it in interesting characters or storylines. It's also a harem anime in the worst possible ways, with a really awful, awful ending.

He marries everyone. And four more random girls right at the end.

b1ehrMM.gif
    PS I read Evangelion fanfiction in which they replace the protagonist with different characters from other shows.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I randomly woke up around 1:45 last night after falling asleep with the tv on and saw gundam wing was on, and ended staying up and watching the rest of that and sat through the tenchi ova episode. Glad that I wasn't hallucinating any of that then

ps even if you've seen the tenchi stuff before, it still makes no sense at the end of that episode if that makes anybody feel any better

pps should I buy outlaw star, I never saw it back in my anime days in high school/college. I kind of want to see it since everybody was "oh its great" in the thread

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    B:L wrote: »
    shut up about japanimation

thread's now about kung fu movies and why the newer stuff out of thailand and indonesia fucking RULES

It certainly doesn't rule for the stuntmen with a lack of worker protections as they're actually kicked 2 stories off a building before they plummet into hard ground.

It certainly leaves them with an interesting sense of risk. I recall a story about Jackie Chan telling an American crew on set that he could pull off a stunt right then and there off a tree and a wall nearby, and that it could be incorporated into the movie. The crew is enthusiastic, the lawyer less so.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    balerbower the last fight scene in the protector is literally

literally

tony jaa realizes he failed

and that these people have taken what he loved the most

and instead of crying he just checks the fuck out and beats up fifty guys in a row and snaps probably 40 limbs in five minutes

it's probably the meanest fight scene i've ever seen, there's no emotion in it besides pure burning rage and hate and a desire for vengeance

Compare that ending to Ong Bak 3's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU_txtilnp0

Keep in mind Ong Bak 3 bombed so hard it causes Tony Jaa to leave martial arts and become a monk for a few years till he just recently came back to films.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    I thought Ip Man was great. Yeah, he threw a lot of punches, but that's kind of Wing Chun's thing.

More martial arts flicks:

Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
    Wheels on Meals (Jackie Chan)
    Flashpoint (Donnie Yen)

b1ehrMM.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    SON OF A-

I missed it!?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

There's a TOONAMI ALBUM?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yep, Deep Space Bass
    Had all the music they played on the long promos and the ads for specific shows

It's been out of print for years though

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait he asked for Kung fu movie recommendations and not a one of you said Enter the Dragon?

Or really any Bruce Lee film

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

There's a TOONAMI ALBUM?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yep, Deep Space Bass
    Had all the music they played on the long promos and the ads for specific shows

It's been out of print for years though

I wasn't really reading this, but when I glanced at it I thought it said "Deep Space Bees"

And I thought holy shit yes! that'd be awesome.

t9migZb.jpg
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Wait he asked for Kung fu movie recommendations and not a one of you said Enter the Dragon?

If someone is asking for Kung Fu movies, and hasn't already thought of Bruce Lee themselves, then what the fuck is happening in their heads?

t9migZb.jpg
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Armor of God is an awesome Jackie Chan movie. Especially the amazon fight sequence as it is hilarious, and painful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq0NTCpzgfM

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Didn't Gundam Wing have a fighting game on the SNES?

Yes yes yes

That is my favorite fighting game of all time.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    dag I probably should not have been drinking through this all

i woke up on my couch, passed out, sitting straight up

empty beer bottle in my head

morning wood in full glory

married with children on the tv somehow

and i think to myself

oh hello college aged tlb

7656367.jpg
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »

If someone is asking for Kung Fu movies, and hasn't already thought of Bruce Lee themselves, then what the fuck is happening in their heads?

Return is better cause he fights Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is really the only guy who went toe to toe Bruce (film wise) and had him on his heels for a good chunk of the fight.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    How did I miss Toonami? HOWWWW

April Fools or no this better be a sign of things to come or so help me I will be forced to take DRASTIC measures

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
This discussion has been closed.