As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] Just give the World Series to the Spurs as well

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oh, and Jamie Moyer won a spot in the Rockies rotation.

I don't understand why more people don't copy the mechanics of Moyer. Dude has lasted forever and still manages to get outs consistently.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/3/6/2849744/michael-pineda-yankees-spring-training

So Michael Pineda bombed in his latest spring outing (well, really, he's bombed all spring) and suddenly he's saying that he's had shoulder discomfort for awhile now.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Young guys (and players in general, especially when managers talk about the possibility of still having to make the team) will conceal injuries and not want to use them as an excuse unless it becomes a serious issue. Pineda has enough of an issue to be starting the season on the DL (which is why you can never have too much starting pitching) and he might even need surgery.

Joba Chamberlain had the same issue Pineda is having now late in the 2008 season and he missed 24 games.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Oh, and Jamie Moyer won a spot in the Rockies rotation.

I don't understand why more people don't copy the mechanics of Moyer. Dude has lasted forever and still manages to get outs consistently.

I love Jamie Moyer. That fuckin' guy.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Moyer is amazing, and an inspiration.

Also, fun fact: he is going to the Rockies. The Rockies weren't even a team that existed until 7 years after Moyer was drafted.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So yeah, I'm an Orioles fan - okay, looking forward to a summer of baseball.

Usually a long depressing summer.

Maybe this year will be different.
    most likely not. Don't care , GO O's!

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't care about the stats. I'd love to see Moyer in the HOF. I think he's awesome.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I guess Carl Crawford won't be ready for opening day?

Seriously the worst free agent signing in the history of sports

What happened to him, he looks chubbier than he did at the end of last season!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    this is going to be a long season

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Not sure what to expect from the Twins

spring training was pretty quiet on the Mauer/Morneau injury front(which is good news)

more good news that Drew Butera didn't make the team out of spring training

the bullpen is going to the big question mark

they'll probably do better than last year, but 3rd place is my guess

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't care about the stats. I'd love to see Moyer in the HOF. I think he's awesome.

He'll definitely get an exhibit, even if he's not enshrined.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Desmond Jennings

3 home runs in one game

yeah he's good

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mets are giving the ball to Johan Santana on opening day. That should be interesting.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    like as a thank you gift?

thank you for your past services to the new york mets. here is a baseball from our gift shop. get out.

• Options
    Oh no...he will be the starting pitcher...the ACE if you will.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Santana built a time machine to go back Minnesota

when he was good

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    He had one good season in NY, didn't he?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    He had one good season in NY, didn't he?

Yeah, but it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that his best years were in Minnesota

• Options
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying that at all. He was a monster in Minnesota.

• Options
    i seriously want it to be friday right the hell now

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nah, I need Thursday first, then Friday can come.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    AoCey4JCAAIlAOJ.jpg

• Options
    oh and i would like to say that contact drills in rtts are just fucking retarded bullshit.

if i hit a homerun with sweetspot contact and perfect time, do not fail me with a fair ball with poor contact. i had a liner to center field count as a foul ball.

in a discipline test i had a cc sabathia look a like throw me almost 30 straight balls.

• Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    The Rangers look fucking sick, I do think they will be in the series once more, and hopefully win this time.

• Options
    The Rangers look fucking sick, I do think they will be in the series once more, and hopefully win this time.

I got them winning it all this year.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    The contact test is weird but I haven't had that many problems with it.

The discipline test however can pretty much eat it.

The pitchers in the disc test seem to pretty much follow the standard pitching AI, so if you swing at the first few hard sliders, that's all you're going to get until you prove you can lay off.

And CC's slider in particular is pretty disgusting so yeah, that doesn't sound fun.

I love love love batting to death in RTTS, but sometimes it can get way too frustrating.

*edit*

also I am convinced that the best pitch in the game is an arm side slider. period. doesn't matter if it catches plate, high, low, whatever. I'm not sure I've seen the AI ever hit it, and there is no pitch they will whiff on any more. For some reason they just swing way out of the zone for it.

They do similar with an arm side screwball, but the problem is if you miss with a screwball, you're going to go have to fish it out of the Gulf of Mexico.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    former child actor Sam Fuld will miss most of the season after wrist surgery this week

22.jpg

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Nooo I want Pineda not to suck

Noooooo

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I have to say, I am really enjoying that "TBD" on the probable starter for Saturday for the Yankees

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I don't because it's due to injury instead of something hilarious

Much like how I don't enjoy Sam Fuld missing time due to going under the knife

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I'm gonna laugh at AJ Burnett being on the DL to start the season because that was pretty ridiculous.

• Options
    i never said I would laugh

i just said I am enjoying

what's the deal? Are they hoping Pineda will snap out of it some time between today and friday to make him #2? Why not just move to Kiroda or someone

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i never said I would laugh

i just said I am enjoying

what's the deal? Are they hoping Pineda will snap out of it some time between today and friday to make him #2? Why not just move to Kiroda or someone

I'm fairly certain Joe already knows the order, probably just hasn't submitted it to whatever website/press thing that puts that information out there.

• Options
    The mystery Saturday starter will be...DAVID CONE

• Options
    The mystery Saturday starter will be...RAMIRO MENDOZA

• Options
    The mystery Saturday starter will be...WHITEY FORD

• Options
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Giants extend Cain for 5 years 112 million.

Sorry Yankee fans, can't have him.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    That should be fine.

Just pray he doesn't get hurt.

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

I NEVER see that one. I always see the ones that are like deep thoughts with Joe Mauer or Ron Gardenhire

This discussion has been closed.