As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tim Schafer's [DÜDLE] Legend

• ShankboneShankbone Registered User regular
    Just value, (and not much at that)
    rI8fi.jpg?1

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    don't get too much time any more, but somethin's better'n nothin' right?
    6ivh1z.jpg

Tam on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    You aged your avatar 60 years

I thought it looked a little like Donald Sutherland

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Gonna post a doodle, but the real reason I'm posting is to see how my avatar looks under Tam's.
    tumblr_m1rzmwmJTp1rsrynko1_1280.png

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    Tripwire have you ever heard of a little known artist named Picasso?

He's a punk who is trying to jack my steez.

What a jerk!

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    tryin something new

ma_guy_by_anondum-d4urbrs.jpg

• ShankboneShankbone Registered User regular
    Egads, a floating head!
    About an hours worth of staring myself down in the mirror, which is more than enough for anyone.
    (graphite doesn't scan to my liking)
    3PVcd.jpg?1

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
    Godfather wrote: »
    Tripwire have you ever heard of a little known artist named Picasso?

I keep forgetting to mention this
    but I really like that modernisty style in your arts, Mr. Firman

• Dual1tyDual1ty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sooo... First post! One that will hopefully not come off too negative.

This thread doesn't give people any idea of what on Earth it is. There's beautiful artwork here but I am at a loss for why it's a sticky or what it has to do with Tim Chafer. Might be worth putting in a quick explanation on the first post? Maybe I'm just an idiot and I'm missing something obvious.

Dual1ty on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's a doodle thread. We put things here that are not yet finished, quick things done without any specific purpose, things we put up because an artist is nothing without an audience (huh?).
    The other threads are for focused critique, this one is just for sharing. Although critique is most welcome here as well, it's just that contrary to the other threads, we don't go murdering people if we don't get any.

doodles04.02.jpg

Mayday on
    edited April 2012
    It's just a play on words to sneek the word "doodle" in, in this case 'Brutal Legend' becomes 'Doodle Legend'. We're all basically giant nerds over here.

On an unrelated note, i'll finish this later whenever I get the time

2jj6H.jpg

EDIT: This drawing was drawn in 3D with the 3DS

pFO8C.jpg

Godfather on
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    Trying to draw with a little bit more symmetry, that's one of my many issues.
    t800skull.jpg

Thanks for the responses people. Though I am now terrified given that this is a place for 'doodles' and they look like what I hope is my 'endgame' with drawing...

Gulp.

I'll just be over here, trying to shade cubes and spheres or whatever... Stupid... Starting out... Blergh... *Grumbles*

Oh shit it's a T-800, run for the hills!

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Dual1ty wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses people. Though I am now terrified given that this is a place for 'doodles' and they look like what I hope is my 'endgame' with drawing...

Gulp.

I'll just be over here, trying to shade cubes and spheres or whatever... Stupid... Starting out... Blergh... *Grumbles*

We all had to start somewhere! Some of us have been frequenting this forum for years and we're still working hard to improve. (:

For real, I started in these forums almost a decade ago, a high schooler, and was posting shit so bad I don't want to dare upload them again even as an example. But that's the wrong mindset anyways. Bad drawings are good, you need to constantly be getting them out of your system, even when someone's a "good" artist.

edited April 2012
    Cheers guys. I'm like at 'can't do a cube properly' sorta stage. =P

I used to draw non-freaking-stop in primary/highschool, but I stopped myself because everybody told me I'd be a failure if I kept doing that and not paying attention. =/ Annoyed I listened to them, even if it was true. It's what I enjoyed doing... Wasn't ever really good at it mind you, but I enjoyed it.

Still do now, but there's this level of embarrassment/anxiety about it that wasn't there before from being 'bad at drawing' for so long. Ahh well whatever. Looking over the 'tutorial' sticky to see where to start. Got no clue. Hopefully that'll help. =)

Dual1ty on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    don't worry I've got all the bad artwork covered, and even then it's come a long ways

• NicNic Registered User regular
    This is obviously the best thing I have ever drawn and all my hard work has come to a head

bestdrawing.jpg

Thank you all. I need to go install the swimming pool with which to store all the money that I'll be getting because I am so good.

Worried about stagnating. Gotta start doing exercises outside my comfort zone.
    marvingofin.jpg

• squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    Facebook is not working, quick doodles attack!

tt3mLl.jpg4knxGl.jpgoWDpRl.jpg

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've never tried painting proper, but I got asked (along with my wife) to do a piece for a charity auction at this upcoming con. I thought I'd post my progress and hers for the hell of it. It's supposed to be "apocalyptic themed"

Mine: (with concept)

2012-04-02-painting.jpg

Hers: (much better than mine)

2012-03-29.jpg

are YOU on the beer list?
  • JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Heres what ive been doing today.
    hootu.jpg

Hahaha

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Last nights updates for my first painting.

painting1.jpg

are YOU on the beer list?
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    guys would you put your butt in this?

edit: oh god the image was huge. I should have realized when I saw I was uploading the .tiff version
    edit edit: nope the JPEG is still huge
    edit edit edit: screw it, if I have to open PS it might as well be for something useful. Time to start a thread.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    guys would you put your butt in this?

God the suspense is killing me, not knowing anything about what you're about to post.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I thought mods could read into previous edits?

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Welp, I guess I get to see a bigger version that the rest of you don't get to then. Haw haw.

(Though I was hoping for something more off-the-wall, Ren and Stimpy humorous than a lounge chair, given the build-up.)

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    inked this loosely. Thinking of starting a comics tumblr:
    pokecomicall.jpg

and by "thinking of" I mean "already made the banner"
    bannercomicstmb.jpg

and kinda already set it up:
    http://sometimesimakecomics.tumblr.com/

YES! IRUKACOMICS!

Though I'd be more excited by 'Laura (Always) Makes Comics All The Damn Time Forever dot tumblr dot com.'

Going to follow the hell out of that Laura! Excited for your comics.

tumblr_m1uag7jUJQ1rsrynko1_1280.jpg

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Welp, I guess I get to see a bigger version that the rest of you don't get to then. Haw haw.

(Though I was hoping for something more off-the-wall, Ren and Stimpy humorous than a lounge chair, given the build-up.)

I am sorry to disappoint- clearly never watching Ren and Stimpy is a weak point.

Iruka, I love that to death.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    My neighbor Totoro!

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Really quicky doodle over lunch
    633qZ.jpg

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's not working, Wass!
    Edit:
    It is now working, Wass! :) You need to post way more !

F87 on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Hrmmmmmm I dunno why!

Eh, its really not worth seeing :P

Its really just the beginnings of a doodle hah

This discussion has been closed.