As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chris Jericho: Best in The World At What He Does [Wrestling]

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Insomnia means I pass the savings on to you!

Wrestlemania Results
    Official unless something went terrible wrong in the computron.
    TheSultan 68
    Bedlam 64
    Sweeney Tom 63
    Spooch 60
    Magell 59
    Hullis 58
    PwnanObrien 58
    Dogbone33 57
    Lux 56
    FecklessRogue 56
    Hjorvarthr 55
    SanderJK 55
    Maximum 55
    Radius 55
    Nirya 53
    The lovely bastard 53
    kingworks 51
    Nothing 51
    LBD_Nytetrayn 51
    EvilBadman 50
    Ninja Squirrel 50
    CarbonRod 49
    Temporal Paradox 49
    MyNameIsWalrus 48
    Goose! 47
    facetious 47
    The Geebs That Is A Pony 46
    Triple B 46
    David_T 46
    Martian 45
    Alistair Hutton 44
    Doomsong8 44
    Bloodsheed 43
    Legacy 43
    Schide 39
    Gonmun 39
    411Randle 37
    Shadowen 35
    Matev 35
    MolotovCockatoo 34
    Devlin_Dragonus 34
    Assuran 33
    JABMonkey 26
    Psychotic One 23
    The pain73 18

Gonmun [39] vs Radius [55]
    SE++ Champion Sweeney Tom [63] vs Hjorvathr [55]
    411Randle [37] vs Martian [45] for the Vacant D&D Championship
    Maximum and Spooch [115] Vs. FecklessRogue and Magell [115] Vs. Bedlam and Hullis [122] Vs. Matev and PwnanObrien [93] Vs. Goose and Sweeney Tom [110]
    EvilBadman [50] Vs. Nirya [53] Spooch [60] TheLovelyBastard [53]

Season Standings? Fuck you, get an abacus! Or wait until morning.
    Hey my score looks wrong! PM ME, I fed points into an equation rather than doing it by hand because I don't trust my math at 2am.
    Second GM? A WILD VOTING FORM APPEARS
    THE DRAFT will be based on the results of Extreme Rules. Maybe. Depends on the GM vote. You know what, pretend I only said THE DRAFT IS COMING and acted all mysterious and shit.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    The finishing sequence for Punk/Jericho was great. Especially loved Punk readjusting the second time he locked in the Vice so Jericho couldn't knee him again.

camo_sig2.png
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    The crowd hated Hogan. Like, hated. And shit wasn't flying with him anymore.

Your memory is foggy. I have videos of Hogan in WCW before The Great American Bash. Unless they were piping in cheers he was hardly "hated". Stale is more like it, but still the biggest star WCW had. He was however booed during his final run in WWF, when the crowd preferred to cheer Sid Vicious over Hulk (same thing happened with Rock and Brock).
    Shit still flies with Cena, despite what the angry smark fanbase tells you.

It flies with a certain segment of the fanbase - and thats usually the kids that dont know to get their news from anywhere but WWE.com; however in this age of "social media" and the internets - every fan not in elementary school is a "smark". It is impossible not to be.

Cena makes money now, but if the WWE actually wanted to make some big moves that could possibly shoot some life and interest into their brand they'd at least toy/tease a Cena run. Yes they lose their Ambassador of Good to the rest of the world, but if this is a bidness then sometimes you have to make the hard choices.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ED! wrote: »

Your memory is foggy. I have videos of Hogan in WCW before The Great American Bash. Unless they were piping in cheers he was hardly "hated". Stale is more like it, but still the biggest star WCW had. He was however booed during his final run in WWF, when the crowd preferred to cheer Sid Vicious over Hulk (same thing happened with Rock and Brock).
    Shit still flies with Cena, despite what the angry smark fanbase tells you.

It flies with a certain segment of the fanbase - and thats usually the kids that dont know to get their news from anywhere but WWE.com; however in this age of "social media" and the internets - every fan not in elementary school is a "smark". It is impossible not to be.

Cena makes money now, but if the WWE actually wanted to make some big moves that could possibly shoot some life and interest into their brand they'd at least toy/tease a Cena run. Yes they lose their Ambassador of Good to the rest of the world, but if this is a bidness then sometimes you have to make the hard choices.

Cena doesn't just move merchandise. Meeting him is one of the most requested wishes for make a wish kids. You don't make the decision to turn someone that beloved by a huge important segment of viewers heel lightly. Not saying it won't or shouldn't happen, but I think it is far from the no brainer many people online seem to think it is.

• Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tthg3zuubTA

I am sure that those are cheers, those loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS from the audience when Hogan comes out?

You still don't get it? Wrestling isn't bad because Cena isn't a heel, and there is no guarantee that turning him heel would work, it's bad because it's badly executed shitty pro wrestling. Turning Cena heel isn't going to do anything, except kill your biggest draw. And who is he going to face? He's literally the one big draw in the company and you are turning him heel to face...? They should learn how to book first, before killing their only decent drawing figure.

steam_sig.png
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I got the ROH best of Bryan Danielson DVD last Friday and watched the first disc this weekend. Then I read the Wrestlemania results this morning. Talk about your stark contrasts.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Holy shit I done terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tthg3zuubTA

I am sure that those are cheers, those loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS from the audience when Hogan comes out?

You still don't get it? Wrestling isn't bad because Cena isn't a heel, and there is no guarantee that turning him heel would work, it's bad because it's badly executed shitty pro wrestling. Turning Cena heel isn't going to do anything, except kill your biggest draw. And who is he going to face? He's literally the one big draw in the company and you are turning him heel to face...? They should learn how to book first, before killing their only decent drawing figure.

You're right. Hes booed during a match with Sting. My bad. I'm sure there are zero videos of Hogan getting his proper due from the fans during the final phase of his initial face run in WCW.

Absurd.

And no one said WWE was bad because Cena isn't a heel. I said the product is stale, a condition that could be affected by yes - potentially turning Cena heel. And it would hardly kill Cena as their biggest draw. You just make him a DIFFERENT kind of draw.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    haha, a DIFFERENT kind of draw to a TOTALLY DIFFERENT group of people who buy REMARKABLY DIFFERENT amounts of merchandise

but moreso what the fuck is gained by having a not-great-on-the-mic not-good-in-the-ring Cena turn heel? at least right now there's a function to his character and presence on the card.

wwe doesn't have to be stale because of cena being top babyface forever. there's so many other wrestlers, better wrestlers, in the company that can make things exciting... and have, here and there, in my opinion.

of course as long as the possibility of wasting sheamus, bryan, and the goddamn royal rumble on a 2 second match exists I don't trust them to figure it all out. but things like Punk's character over the last year or so have kept me excited, at least a bit.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited April 2012
    Cena is awful on the mic because he is forced to be awful on the mic. His ring-work is better than Hogans, but certainly less than The Rocks. What do you gain by turning Cena's character - other than a shot in the arm of your product, and new potential avenues of character development (and talent development) - nothing I guess.

EDIT: Fans are stupid. Ruin it for yourselves if you call a surprise out.

ED! on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Fuck yes.

Best ending for Raw in a long while.

It's just frustrating that the best they could come up with is a rehash of Goldbergs intro with Cena playing the part of The Rock.

punk vs henry was great.

it's gonna be really hard to enjoy anything at this point if they can't re-do things they've done before (haven't seen the end yet and I'm not sure I'll know what it's from as I have a huge gap in my wrestling knowledge but this remains true)

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    jericho's shoot on punk was weirdly intense, but I couldn't help but giggle when he went out of his way to say he'd never drink and drive

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Last night crowd was the best crowd in ages.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

It should be noted that the awesome crowd last night was not a Miami crowd -- it was a WM spill-over crowd, comprised of fans willing to spend crazy cash to attend WM and then figured they might as well go to RAW while they're down there.

But yes, that crowd was incredible.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

It should be noted that the awesome crowd last night was not a Miami crowd -- it was a WM spill-over crowd, comprised of fans willing to spend crazy cash to attend WM and then figured they might as well go to RAW while they're down there.

But yes, that crowd was incredible.

And then, they will disperse back around the country taking with them the knowledge of "Yes!".

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Or be diluted to the point where they will never achieve critical mass again.

That might depend on the crowd at the SD taping...

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fucking loved that crowd. Not just because of the Daniel Bryan chants, but because they ate up the matches & spots. That Mark Henry/CM Punk match was fantastic, the way his momentum kept getting cut off over and over paired so well with the engaged crowd.

WWwwwhhoooooooooaa-awwwww!

As for Mania, it was pretty good. HHH/Taker was the match of the night, but I think at least half of that goes to Shawn Michaels selling the shit out of that match. The moral conflict and his reaction to it and that image of him just sitting wrecked in the corner while Triple H & Undertaker were crawling should be made iconic. He really made you feel the stakes of that match.

Lux on
    agreed Lux, a couple of days removed and it's grown in quality in my mind. not that I wasn't losing it while watching (my very "over it" cousin was here and he got pretty into it too which was nice, while our other friends who just came to hang and drink were laughing at my gasps) but what Michaels went through, goddamn he's good.

Oh hello, Debate and Discourse, it's your old buddy, Evil Badman. How ya doin'? Anyways, I haven't seen you for a while, and I feared you may be dead. I'm going to keep posting the Prediction Game posts, but I've moved on. Come join the chatter in SE++. I know, scum, villany, hive, etc, but I carved a small hole out for myself.

Later Tater,

Evil Badman
    Dicatated but not read

extremerules.jpg
    44 Points Possible

Welcome To Season 3

Welcome to the first pay-per-view of season 3. If you missed the Season 2 Standings, or the Lifetime Standings for our prediction game, click the links in this sentence to be whisked to the distant past. We live in the future now, a dystopian place ruled by dual GMs, and there will be a shake-up of the two brands following Extreme Rules. TLB has not been properly briefed about League powers and happening, but I will talk to him after scores get tabulated.

Champions and Defenses
    ??? Champion Sweeney Tom
    ??? Champion Martian
    Tag Champions Bedlam and Hullis

Title defenses will generally occur every other month, excepting the Big 4 events (RR, WM, SumS, SurS). The Tag-Titles are midcard titles, that can be challenged for regardless of branding, however, neither team member can rank higher than 10th on the Season Standings. If a member does, he must be replaced; if both members are higher than 10th the titles are vacated.

Card
    As always, the form will be posted on after the "go-home" Smackdown on Friday.

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar (Extreme Rules Match)
    World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan (2-out-of-3 Falls Match)
    WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Chicago Street Fight)
    Randy Orton vs. Kane (Falls Count Anywhere Match)
    Intercontinental Champion Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
    United States Champion Santino Marella vs. The Miz (Fuck this pre-show match -EB)
    Divas Champion Nikki Bella vs. Beth Phoenix

PLAY USING THIS FORM
    You must have your picks in by the start of event on Sunday. Matches added or considerably changed will be ignored. Please Message me if you need to submit a second set of picks. I try to account for all outcomes, but if some Russo layer shit goes down I will throw a match out.

edited April 2012
    Yikes. This match was a train wreck. . .in the best possible way. . .possible.

EDIT: Where is my post-match-reheat-Lesnar-beatdown?

EDIT2: Double yikes. Cena is hurt.

ED! on
    were the bryan and punk matches good?

Bryan was good. I might be the only one tired of Punk to be honest (though he had a pretty damn nice elbow drop from the top rope onto the announce table).

fair enough, thanks. the bryan match is the one that almost got me to watch anyway but it wasn't quite worth it.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Best non-wm PPV in a while. I have never seen anything like the Lesbar-Cena match.

Very good ppv. Bryan/Sheamus, Punk/Jericho and Cena/Lesnar were great pro wrestling matches. Even Orton/Kane and the Divas matches were entertaining.

Bryan's current run is amazing. He's getting himself over by himself, and the YES/NO chants were fucking entertaining.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I was prepared to be disappointed by the big show/rhodes match, but I liked the way they ended it

it's kind of unfortunate that show is super boring as a wrestler because he's really expressive and good at carrying a storyline

NREqxl5.jpg
    Results
    thepain73 40
    DeviousRakun 37
    Assuran 33
    MyNameIsWalrus 33
    Bedlam 32
    Nothing 32
    The Geebs That Is A Pony 32
    PwnanObrien 31
    FecklessRogue 31
    411Randle 31
    Dogbone33 30
    Lux 30
    Magell 29
    LBD_Nytetrayn 28
    SanderJK 27
    Hullis 27
    JABMonkey 27
    Kreutz 26
    Radius 26
    David_T 26
    Temporal Paradox 26
    TheSultan 26
    Sweeney Tom 25
    Spooch 25
    Hjorvarthr 25
    Bloodsheed 25
    Gonmun 25
    NinjaSquirrel 25
    facetious 24
    Doomsong8 24
    Shadowen 24
    Matev 24
    Nirya 24
    FyreWulff 23
    Alistair Hutton 20
    Xehalus 20
    Schide 18
    EvilBadman 18
    Goose! 17
    Legacy 17
    mjn6172 17
    Maximum 16
    SLAMMU 15
    MolotovCockatoo 15
    Psychotic One 11
    the lovely bastard 9

PA CARD Results
    @sweeney tom [25] vs @doomsong8 [24] for the title in a sacrifice match. Lowest Score Wins
    Sweeney Tom
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall [2] CM Punk [7] Pinfall [2] Sheamus [7] 2 to 1 [2] Daniel Bryan Big Show Randy Orton [5] Back of House Beth Phoenix Yes
    Doomsong8
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall [2] Chris Jericho Pinfall [2] Sheamus [7] 2 to 1 [2] Daniel Bryan Cody Rhodes [6] Randy Orton [5] Back of House Nikki Bella Yes
    [/quote]

@spooch [25] vs @maximum [16] in a prime numbers match. DOUBLE LOSER BAD SQUARE END. Shame befalls both families.
    Spooch
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall [2] CM Punk [7] Submission Sheamus [7] 2 to 1 [2] Sheamus [1] Big Show Randy Orton [5] Front of House [1] No Contest Yes
    Maximum
    Brock Lesnar Knock-Out/Ref Stoppage Chris Jericho Pinfall [2] Daniel Bryan 2 to 1 [2] Sheamus [1] Cody Rhodes [6] Randy Orton [5] Back of House Nikki Bella Yes

@nirya [6] vs @evilbadman [5] in a curtain jerk surprise match, only points from Kane vs. Orton count.
    Nirya
    Randy Orton [5] Front of House [1]
    EvilBadman
    Randy Orton [5] Back of House

@bedlam and @hullis [59] vs @the geebs that is a pony and @fecklessrogue [63] vs @thepain73 and @magell [69] vs @schide and @Hjorvarthr [43] for the tag titles in an unjust rewards match via THE LETHAL LOTTERY
    Bedlam
    John Cena Submission CM Punk Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Sheamus Big Show Randy Orton Outside Nikki Bella No
    Hullis
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall CM Punk Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Sheamus Big Show Randy Orton Front of House Nikki Bella Yes

The Geebs That Is A Pony
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall CM Punk Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Daniel Bryan Cody Rhodes Randy Orton Front of House Nikki Bella Yes
    FecklessRogue
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall CM Punk Submission Sheamus 2 to 1 Sheamus Cody Rhodes Randy Orton Front of House No Contest Yes

thepain73 LOOK AT THIS SHIT
    John Cena Pinfall CM Punk Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Sheamus Cody Rhodes Randy Orton Front of House Beth Phoenix Yes
    Magell
    Brock Lesnar Knock-Out/Ref Stoppage CM Punk Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Daniel Bryan Cody Rhodes Randy Orton Back of House Nikki Bella Yes

Schide
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall Chris Jericho Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Daniel Bryan Big Show Randy Orton Back of House Nikki Bella Yes
    Hjorvarthr
    Brock Lesnar Pinfall CM Punk Pinfall Sheamus 2 to 1 Daniel Bryan Big Show Randy Orton Back of House Nikki Bella Yes

EvilBadman vacated the Twisp championship due to Martian failing to show.

Top 25
    1 thepain73 [T]
    2 DeviousRakun
    3 Assuran
    3 MyNameIsWalrus
    5 Bedlam
    5 Nothing
    5 The Geebs That Is A Pony
    8 PwnanObrien
    8 FecklessRogue
    8 411Randle
    11 Dogbone33
    11 Lux
    13 Magell [T]
    14 LBD_Nytetrayn
    15 SanderJK
    15 Hullis
    15 JABMonkey
    18 Kreutz
    18 Radius
    18 David_T
    18 Temporal Paradox
    18 TheSultan
    23 Sweeney Tom
    23 Spooch
    23 Hjorvarthr
    23 Bloodsheed
    23 Gonmun
    23 NinjaSquirrel
    View Entire Spreadsheet Here

The Draft
    Drafting will occur later this evening, with myself and TLB making alternating picks. Here are the known members of each brand, as of right now, due to holding titles or matches made by TLB from Extreme Rules Results. I vacated the Twisp Title, as Martian did not make picks. To make up for the disparity in starting members, I have arbitrarily taken the Tag champions, but teams from either brand may challenge them.

catsby.pngCatsby
    General Manager: The Lovely Bastard
    Catsby Champion Doomsong8
    The Geebs That Is A Pony
    FecklessRogue

twisp.png?attredirects=Twisp
    General Manager: EvilBadman
    Tag Team Champion thepain73
    Tag Team Champion Magell

LMAO. How do you get over a loss to CENA. Brutalize the COO. Love it.

Good job Bryan. . .too bad you guys gave this match away already.

is cena actually hurt? I wasn't watching, just catching up on RAW now

glad to hear it was good last night, sort of wish I had gotten it.

edited May 2012
    Not sure if it is a work or what; but hes now facing. . .at Over The Limit. . .his greatest challenge. . .Lord Tensai -

Le Sigh.

Erm. Edit. It is John Laurinitus. Well that was unexpected.

ED! on
    edited May 2012
    bryan vs punk for a title I guess I'm getting that ppv

edit - oh okay he's not hurt. the triple h thing made me think cena's injury might actually be real but nevermind. his speech after that match was still kinda cool.

Variable on
    he didn't look hurt to me; there was some speculation lesnar inadvertantly did it with that kimura, but right after that he put weight/balance on it when he climbed the ropes

plus he had the whole postmatch 'I'm taking a break' monologue all ready to go, which maybe he ad libbed but seemed like the kind of thing that they'd have prepared as a sendoff for him

NREqxl5.jpg
    yeah all I saw was raw with the chop up at the beginning, it seemed possible.

Here are the final results of the PA draft, with added in Supplemental Drafts. If you missed the first show and aren't on a brand, but plan on predicting PPVs in the future and want to participate in our wacky shenanigans, PM me.

catsby.pngCatsby
    General Manager: The Lovely Bastard
    Catsby Champion Doomsong8
    The Geebs That Is A Pony
    FecklessRogue
    1. Nirya
    2. Sweeney Tom
    3. Hullis
    4. buttlord
    5. Martian
    6. Maximum
    7. Dogbone33
    8. Lux
    9. Assuran
    10. PwnanObrien
    DeviousRakun
    MyNameIsWalrus
    nothing
    LBD_Nytetrayn
    Kreutz
    Bloodsheed
    NinjaSquirrel
    Matev
    Xelhaus
    Legacy
    MolotovCockatoo

twisp.pngTwisp
    General Manager: EvilBadman
    Tag Team Champion thepain73
    Tag Team Champion Magell
    Spooch
    1. 411 Randle
    2. Radius
    3. Gonmun
    4. TheSultan
    5. Hjorvarthr
    6. Fyrewulff
    7. Bedlam
    8. SanderJK
    9. Goose!
    10. David_T
    JABMonkey
    TemporalParadox
    facetious
    Shadowen
    AlistairHutton
    Schide
    Mjn6172
    SLAMMU
    Psychotic One

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Thank you for always doing the game for us @evilbadman.

It's awesome.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    So Raw will now be 3 hours.

They're nuts. They can't fill one hour with entertainment, I have no idea how they're planning on 3.

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    So Raw will now be 3 hours.

They're nuts. They can't fill one hour with entertainment, I have no idea how they're planning on 3.

Triple H will start the show off with a promo every week, and Big Show is gonna have to do a LOT of crying.