As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prometheus - Probably an Alien prequel, unless it isn't (it totally is)

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    moon was good too, yes

7656367.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I never saw the end of district nine. I liked it. But it felt kind of disjointed how in the beginning it was faux documentary. With a film crew, but he eventually lost the film crew but they kept the filming technique.

Which just felt weird.

It really was.

As it nears the end, the film becomes more and more an action movie. Not a bad thing, but notable.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Can someone finish off the end of district nine?

I think I got up to the point where
    They would either use the tube as fuel of to cure him.

It honestly looked interesting, but it was on tv and started late and I had to go to bed.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Can someone finish off the end of district nine?

I think I got up to the point where
    They would either use the tube as fuel of to cure him.

It honestly looked interesting, but it was on tv and started late and I had to go to bed.
    Christopher explains that he can only use the stuff as fuel, and it'll be three years before he could get back and Wikus is not happy.

They fight, but then the command module is shot down by the police. Who are attacked by the gangs. Things get very violent.

Eventually, Wikus gets a robot suit and lots of alien guns. Things get very violent.

Christopher and his son leave the planet in the mothership, Wikus has a moment of redemption, the colonel is torn apart and eaten by prawns.

There's a post script saying that the truth about the evil PMC was revealed, and the person who revealed it is now in jail for it. The aliens are being moved to a new holding facility, a shot hints that Wikus is still alive, but even more mutated (dropping a metal flower off for his wife), and people are interviewed about how they feel that the Prawns could very well come back and try to kill everyone for being dicks.

Bad summary, but it's been a while.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Cool thanks.

Also thanks to everyone who listed movies, I've seen all of them all and liked them all.

I suppose I was thinking something in Ridley Scott's style of gritty, thoughtfully integrated technology for science fiction settings (which is the main reason I am excited to see Prometheus, the set design looks amazing) but you reminded me of a bunch of really cool stuff.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    district 9 was so good

from the second star trek starting playing sabotage i knew it was going to be great

and moon is one of my favorite movies so

yeah 2009 was a good year

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    don't forget Primer

also Inception

also Looper is coming out later this year, I'm looking forward to that

looper looks dope

really want duncan jones to get to making Mute

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    primer is so bad. is there a date for the next star trek movie?

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    one that is not quite as good, but is decent enough is Pandorum

it's one of those movies that is high-budget-for-a-low-budget, not widely released type sci fi movie

it's got it's flaws, but it's pretty decent and is just something that is nice to see because it's more material in a genre you like

and it has dennis quaid and Ben Foster! Ben Foster in stuff is always a good thing

ETqXK.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I never got around to seeing Inception. I wonder if it's on Netflix streaming or at one of the local Redbox kiosks.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular

your face is so bad

sig.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    I never got around to seeing Inception. I wonder if it's on Netflix streaming or at one of the local Redbox kiosks.

It's very possible that a Redbox might have it. I can't say for sure but I think I saw it at my local kiosk while I was browsing recently.

They're filming now, looks like release is set for next May

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My biggest hope for a Total Recall reboot is that we get a new photo of Druhim in a pink shirt.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Wasn't it Hypercolor?

That's not just pink, man
    It's a whole new level

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tossrock wrote: »

your face is so bad

if i wanted to be bored to death i'd just read your posts. that movie was The Worst

Clint Eastwood on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That was a terrible attempt to burn Toss.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    looper looks dope

Oh, yeah, there was Source Code too.

Trailers made it look sucky, but it was pretty alright.

it was not my best work no

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Primer does not seem like the kind of movie I'd enjoy.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Moon was so damn good. I love a well done character story.

primer is agonizing

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Moon was pretty great, I'm glad they revealed the spoiler early on and didn't make the whole movie about guessing what it was, because i totally guessed it right away.

I was afraid they would do that but was relieved when they didn't.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I really thought Primer nailed the existential terror I would associate with time travel if it were real.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I liked Pandorum.

Also Event Horizon is cool but we've been over that so many times.

12 monkeys is the best take on time travel and how it can fuck with you

Hi stig.

My distant army unit and taste in movies almost twin

I've never seen 12 monkeys.

High 5 also I want to move to Seattle when I finish school (never) but idk how likely that is

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    12 monkeys is the best take on time travel and how it can fuck with you

I really like 12 Monkeys, but it's a film experience I find rad at every turn rather than uniquely unsettling.

edited April 2012
    I've never seen 12 monkeys.

You've not seen every movie that is popular here.

Weaver on
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    looper looks dope

Oh, yeah, there was Source Code too.

Trailers made it look sucky, but it was pretty alright.

Source code is a movie that was good

But could have been incredible if they had ended it literally five minutes earlier

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    True story, I only read about Pandorum while flicking through a magazine in a medical clinic waiting room earlier today. I had never heard of it before then, but it was a kinda positive review that sounded at least vaguely interesting and potentially watchable, so I wondered why I hadn't heard of it over these forums.

And lo, the same day, it gets mentioned twice.

Also Primer is excellent.

Fishman wrote: »

Marry me.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    The fuck? Was the action sequence in the Total Recall trailer hellaciously cgi? That don't sit right with me.

Fuck off and die.
    Weaver wrote: »

Marry me.

Taken.

Weaver wrote: »

Marry me.

Taken.

By an adorable woman.