As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prometheus - Probably an Alien prequel, unless it isn't (it totally is)

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    looper looks dope

really want duncan jones to get to making Mute

Oh, yeah, there was Source Code too.

Trailers made it look sucky, but it was pretty alright.

Source code is a movie that was good

But could have been incredible if they had ended it literally five minutes earlier

I forgot. How did it end?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The lady defies orders and unplugs gylnehall and he stays in the alternative reality and he continues to impersonate another man in order to bang Michelle Monaghan.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    looper looks dope

But could have been incredible if they had ended it literally five minutes earlier

yes this is true

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    looper looks dope

I don't really remember the ending that specifically, where/when would have the better end have been?

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Answered just a couple of posts above yours, Houk.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Avatar would have been a much better movie if
    they just rolled credits with them sitting in the jail

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Re: Total Recall

I hate Colin Ferrel, can't comprehend why someone thought he was a good call for that role.

But the only thing I really care about seeing in that movie is triple tits. If there's no shout out to triple tits they might as well have called it something else.

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    he was good in In Bruges but I can't think of any other movies i've liked him in.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I liked him in Minority Report

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    he was in that?

man i should check that movie out again, it's been a while.

Yeah he was the Justice Department guy who was auditing the program and then is chasing Tom Cruise for most of the movie

Blake T wrote: »
    The lady defies orders and unplugs gylnehall and he stays in the alternative reality and he continues to impersonate another man in order to bang Michelle Monaghan.
    I will create and destroy as many alternate realities, and impersonate as many men, as necessary to bang Michelle Monaghan

he was good in In Bruges but I can't think of any other movies i've liked him in.

I forgot about that, all that came to mind was... Phonebooth? Though I mainly liked that movie for Kiefer and nothing else

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    looper looks dope

He apparently just finished a new scifi script. Can't wait to hear what his next movie is going to be.

did you see Fright Night? I thought he did a great job in that.

also he was pretty entertaining as Bullseye in Daredevil.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the fright night remake was way better then it had any right to be, I still prefer the original though

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fright Night was awesome

CYpGAPn.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Wait, really?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I liked the remake as much as blank, but it was worth a rental at least

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed the Fright Night remake.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I'll have to check it out whenever it's free on Netflix.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    fright night was fuckin' great. i also really like colin farrell but yeah he agree to be in some pretty horrible movies

also re: source code
    in the end the lady does decide to set jake free and pulls the plug. at the very same moment he asks the girl the question i think from the trailers, about how if you knew you only had second to live who would you spend them with blah blah they kiss right as she pulls the plug and time stops. camera pans around the train to all the people frozen in place

then suddenly they all start moving again and whoops alternate reality woahhhhhhhh

i wish they had ended with the freeze, it was a lot more touching that way

I completely agree with you there. If they had ended the movie right at that moment it would have been much more emotionally affecting.

I was amused by the implication that
    an American military program would be advanced enough to actually develop a means of creating alternate realities and yet simultaneously be too inept and narrow in their vision to have no fucking idea they did that

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Like the ending is seriously creepy when you think about it. And it stems more from Hollywood's insistence of slamming a romance down out throats in every single movie.

Blake T on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Like the ending is seriously creepy when you think about it. And it stems more from Hollywood's insistence of slamming a romance down out throats in every single movie.

they should spin off a TV show about it
    watch this dead guy steal another man's life, fuck his girlfriend and try to teach history!

To be fair.
    Michelle monahagn and Jake gylenhall's stolen person were just train friends.

He just stole his life and prevented him from existing in that reality.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

they should spin off a TV show about it
    watch this dead guy steal another man's life, fuck his girlfriend and try to teach history!

Just had an amusing thought. Source Code being the origin for
    multiverse in The One. :lol:

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Source Code was okay but it made very little sense. It was fun - but the more I thought about it the less I liked it.

sig2.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I saw Source Code during a triple-feature at a drive-in theater. It was sandwiched between Fast Five and Dylan Dogg. I liked it just fine but it was not as fun to watch as the other two.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Source Code was a good movie

But District 9 remains an incredible movie

One of my absolute favorites of the last decade, I seriously cannot wait for that director's next movie

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Man I hope we get a trailer for Elysium by the summer, I want all the hype in the world for that movie, and I don't even know what it's about other than Neil Blomkamp is directing it and it's sci-fi.

Has anyone here seen a movie called Womb? I just saw the trailer yesterday and would really like to check it out.

As much as I just complained about the movie.

If you yell science magic really loudly, and accept that fucking magic is happening, and you ignore the ending, source fire is a nice take on groundhog day.

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Can someone finish off the end of district nine?

I think I got up to the point where
    They would either use the tube as fuel of to cure him.

It honestly looked interesting, but it was on tv and started late and I had to go to bed.

Blake you should really finish this movie

because you missed the part with the mech that shoots pigs at people

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    It had a bittersweet ending.

On that note, I wish they would do a serious robot buddy cop film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwl-s4r0dVI

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    It had a bittersweet ending.

On that note, I wish they would do a serious robot buddy cop film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwl-s4r0dVI
    I love Blomkamp's short films. They do so much on a budget of pocket money and with a few minutes of time.

Back when he was announced as the director of the Halo film (late 2006?) I watched Alive in Joburg and thought 'hmm, I'd watch a full movie of this'. So District 9 was kind of a big 'kid in a candy shop' moment for me.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Man don't remind me of the Halo movie.

Alex Garland with a spec script, Peter Jackson and WETA with production, Blomkamp as the director, and D.B. Weiss as one of the final writers.

And studios didn't have faith argh.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd8BDiB-qU

Blomkamp also made the best Adidas advertisement ever.